Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

will you always find an escape -- private

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

will you always find an escape -- private Empty
PostSubject: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Cameron rose early like he did every day, and started getting ready as quietly as he could. Even as it got cold he dressed for warmth. He through on a band t-shirt, a pair of khaki cargo shorts, and flip-flops before heading out of the cabin. He didn't go to the forge because he didn't want to wake the whole camp plus he was hungry. Cameron stopped by the mess hall and ate a bowl of cereal. First light hadn't yet come so he went somewhere where he could, like any normal person, talk to himself. It was entertaining and a little therapeutic and the lake is good for it so he headed there. He got there and shook his head laughter leaving his mouth. "You're not right in the head Cameron."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:26 pm

avery donovan

i talk a lot of shit when i'm drinking, baby...

"Got that right, man. Y'know, talking to yourself is considered the first sign of madness." Standing with one shoulder pressed against a tree, Avery's face was in shadow-- it was unlikely the other boy saw the wry smile that appeared on his lips. He didn't make a habit of hanging around outside before the rest of the camp was awake. It was dangerous, what with the harpies and things. But Avery had made an exception today... for some reason or another. He'd tried to wake Kitty up, but that was a no go, so there he'd been, standing in silence and waiting for the sun to rise fully into the sky. The other boys arrival had been unexpected, but he shook it off, standing straighter and stepping out from the shadows. "Just out here for the craic, or have you got some duties? It's unusual to see anyone out of bed before twelve." His Irish accent was strong as he spoke, stronger than usual at least. Avery didn't bother to introduce himself-- it didn't see the need to just yet.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:27 pm

"I'm always an early riser, sleeping would be a waste of time if not for the benefits, immune system mild sanity and the like. I just usually tend to read something in the morning. What the hell's a 'craic?' Cameron laughed and looked the boy. "And why are you awake, for the fun of it?"
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:29 pm

avery donovan

"I don't know, buck, I value my sleep." He chuckled, shrugging slightly. "I feel like in your unique case, sleeping would be a good thing. Perhaps if you ditched the books and went to sleep, you wouldn't be falling slowly into madness-- from which there's no return." Shaking his head in mock disgust, Avery raised his hands halfway over his head, looking up to the sky as if to say 'look what I've got to deal with'. In fairness, though, it wasn't unheard of for people to not know what the hell he was saying. "Fun. Or gossip, depending on where ye go. It's like asking what's the story, or is anything fun happening." He nodded, shrugging his shoulders again. "Sounds about right. My feek wouldn't wake up to come join me, as usual, so I came out on my own. Hey now, you coulda just said craic for that one. You'd be getting the hang of the slang if you had."
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:31 pm

"I've never been to ireland, no chance to learn the slang. Anyway, I'm Cameron" Cameron extended his hand to the boy for a shake. "The closest I've been to ireland is my last name comes from Wales which is in the general area. So what's a feek?"
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:33 pm

avery donovan

"Eh, you can learn having been there or not. It's easy-- just don't assume we all say top of the mornin' or how's yer auld wan, cause that's just insulting." Avery took another step closer to the boy, smiling in good nature. It had been a long time since he had spoken to someone who wasn't Kitty... it was an odd feeling, to be socializing with the americans. "Avery. It's a pleasure to meet'cha, Cameron." He grasped the other boys hand tightly, shaking it before pulling back-- didn't want to be invading anyone's personal space, that was for sure. Last time he'd done that... well, there'd been a bit of a misunderstanding and he'd ended up with a bloody nose. "Wales is nowhere near in the general area of Ireland, you eejit. It's in England-- now, Northern Ireland, that's in the general area." Avery laughed. "Truthfully I've no idea. Your reaction to craic was enough to make me want to use every irish slang word I've ever heard from other county's. I think it means a gorgeous girl or something along those lines... which she definitely is."
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:34 pm

"Okay, but i'll drop every slang word i know, and then this conversation won't be very communicative." Cameron leaned against a tree and looked at the boy. "It's nice to meet you. I can knd of agree with your feek. The only people allowed to wake me up are me and my alarm clock." Cameron smiled and laughed. "So why'd you come to the lake?"
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:36 pm

avery donovan

"Ah, but you see, I'm quite knowledgeable in your American slang. Comes with living in a Camp filled with 'em." Avery watched the boy out of the side of his eye, bending to pick up a rock on the ground and throw it out into the lake. The sun was beginning to rise now, throwing streaks of light across the water, and he knew that soon enough he was gonna have an angry "feek" texting him, asking him why the heck he'd been texting her at six in the morning. That was gonna be an awkward one... at least he had the company of Cameron until then. "That's no fun, Cameron. The best things happen early in the morning-- or so I'm told. She's just lazy as heck." He shrugged, sitting down by the waters edge in one slow motion. "No idea, to be frank with you. I couldn't sleep-- and with yer wan ignoring me, I decided to come out here. What about you? Got a reason or just here for the sunrise?"
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:43 pm

"I didn't feel like reading and i cant exactly use the forge so damn early." Cameron pulled the knife strapped to his side out of the sheath and played around with it, twirling it, and tossing it in the air and flipping it. "So who's your god parent?"
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:47 pm

avery donovan

"I see." It didn't surprise Avery that he was one of those that used the forges-- he had the build for it, no doubt about that, and something about him had said that. It made the boy slightly nervous when Cameron pulled out his knife, his instincts telling him to take out a weapon of his own... a weapon he didn't actually have. Times like these were when he regretted relying on the standard camp weapons whenever he was here. He should have known it wasn't a violent gesture, though. "You all call him Mr D. That asshole is, unfortunately, my Dad." He made a face, pulling out a packet of cigarettes from his pocket. Avery glanced up at Cameron as he stuck one of the white and tan sticks between his lips, holding his lighter to the tip. He took one puff, blowing out the blue tinged smoke as he spoke. "I'm going to take a wild stab and say you're a Hephaestus kid, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will you always find an escape -- private   will you always find an escape -- private I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

will you always find an escape -- private
Page 1 of 1