Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

early morning--- private

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

early morning--- private Empty
PostSubject: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:36 am

eden scofield

just have a little faith.

eden scofield was in an unusually good mood as she made her early morning route around the kronos camp, a slight spring in her step. summer solstice had long been a favorite day of the year for her- along with her birthday and christmas- and she'd spent the night up on a nearby hill with a six pack of coca-cola all to herself and some packets of crisps to munch on. it'd been oddly relaxing, and unlike most nights when she returned to her tent, she wasn't resentful of that. the feeling remained when she woke up, and sure, she was questioning it, but it wasn't like she wanted it to go away. it made everything much easier on her part.
she'd picked up an apple from the food supplies a short time before, to have while she walked, but honestly? she'd have preferred a bowl of some sort of chocolate flavored cereal. just wasn't really an option around here. it made her sort of wish she was at camp half-blood, with the plates that you could ask for anything, the cups that re-filled automatically. right about now she'd be sitting in the hera cabin, probably, surrounded by other demigods. or she'd be at the mess hall, stuffing her face with delicious delights. either one would have been preferred to walking around a camp filled with evil doers straight out of a disney movie, villains and crooks and worse still.
still. an apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? she paused thoughtfully for a moment, taking another bite from the fleshy fruit, but shook her head and continued quickly. an apple would only be useful if it kept monsters away. since it doesn't, it's just a not-so-great-fruit i'm eating for breakfast because someone stole my muesli.
on that lovely thought, eden threw the end of the apple into the bushes and trees to her right, circling around and beginning to walk back to her tent. she tended to do the same walk every single morning- unless she was too lazy, or she had something she was tasked to be doing. just a quick circle of all the tents and campfires, and once she reached a set point she turned on her heel and made her way back to where she came. it'd become a habit a while back... a long while back, actually. the people and monsters milling around didn't question it, or her. in fact, they were all too busy eating or talking or whatever to really take any notice of the blonde girl walking through their midst. even if they weren't busy, they probably wouldn't have taken much care of her anyway. she'd been there so long, almost half her life, people really didn't question her strange quirks anymore.
she was casually twisting her ring on her left finger around in circles as she was walking past an orange tent when she heard the rustle- a tent flap opening, maybe. but lost as she was in her own mind, eden was shocked enough to turn around quickly, eyes startled. she was always on edge, really, but it was in times like these she really kicked herself. letting go of a breath she'd been holding, eden pasted a smile on her face and shook her head at her own stupidity. facing the other blonde, she tried to get rid of the embarrassed feeling.
"i'm so sorry! don't know what got into me. y'know, i usually have nerves of steel." she laughed lightly. "niki, right? i'm eden." she considered holding out her hand, but in a place like this it wasn't really advised to do so. instead she settled on keeping her warm smile in place. "early riser, huh?"

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:07 am

early morning--- private Tumblr_n6lclqQeBW1softpoo1_500

Niki hadn't slept all night. Having been used to torture prisoners during the night had left Niki slightly tired and very grumpy. She walked out of her tent and brushed a hand through her long blonde locks all carefully curled and still in the exact place that Niki had wanted them in. Living up to her sleazy style, Niki was in simple high-waisted and studded shorts with a crop top to cover her upper half saying "Want a bite?". To pull her entire look together was a pair of black studded ankle booties with a thick heel. As she moved through the crowd the monsters and demigods parted, Niki was royalty at Kronos' camp for most of the demigods found her hot and the monsters were terrified of her and her skills.
Not long after emerging from the tent, she was confronted by another demigod who hadn't gotten the memo that people usually move out of the way when she makes her way through the camp. Her hand slowly crept up to her hip and rested there as her left eyebrow went up and her face formed a frown, "Yes, I'm Niki," she brushed her hair out of her electric blue eyes and rolled her eyes quite quickly after the other girl's comment, "If you had heard of me at all you'd know that I haven't gone to bed yet and that those screaming prisoners down there are my work," her words were harsh much like her cold eyes as she regarded Eden. Niki didn't need friends, she has better things to do than waste time pleasing people and caring about what they want and need.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:33 pm

eden scofield

eden raised an eyebrow at the girls short yet not-so-great reply, nodding slightly at the confirmation she'd gotten her name right. she was good with names- good with remembering things in general, actually. she'd heard things about this girl in particular too. not so good things, mostly. and she wasn't blind. she'd seen the way crowds parted for her. even monsters stood back when niki walked past. yet, she wasn't intimidated by the blonde. she wasn't one of the people who would back to the side for her.
"thought so. i'm pretty good at remembering faces." her reply this time wasn't as warm as her previous words. the first few seconds of conversation were crucial for eden, and she'd already determined what she thought of this girl. clearly, she was too cocky for her own good.
if eden had been in a good mood before, it evaporated quickly with the words which next came out of niki's mouth. she knew her purpose in the kronos camp. she knew what she was supposed to do. the amount of pity she felt for the prisoners in that moment.... well, it was hard to describe accurately. but she also felt a feeling of new contempt towards the girl in front of her. lip curled slightly, she raised one plucked eyebrow.
"screaming prisoners, huh?" a light, disbelieving laugh escaped her lips. "so that's where you get your kicks. shoulda' guessed."

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:46 pm

early morning--- private Tumblr_n5469u4fwX1s7s2vho1_400

Niki smiled cruelly and shook her head, "The screaming is just annoying and boring. So is the physical torture to be honest, I prefer messing with their brains and letting them slowly torture themselves. So much more efficient." she shrugged and brushed her hair back. Her biggest kick of course was senseless killing. Niki lived to kill and was used as a murdering machine by Kronos. She knew and wasn't fooled by the act but she didn't mind, she loved murdering people and she didn't care who it was. As long as she could see the light leaving their eyes as she stabbed them, maimed them or shot them.
Niki could tell what Eden thought of her and it made her smile. She knew how she came across. Arrogant and too cocky, unfortunately for everyone else, Niki lived up to her arrogance. People were scared of her because she followed up on threats. If she threatened to cut off all your fingers and you ignore her threat and disobey what she had said, she will cut off your fingers. Just the other day some demigod thought it'd be funny to challenge her for her position as Kronos' murdering machine and they tried to beat her publicly to embarrass her and belittle her. That demigod is no longer with us. Within minutes, Niki had sliced their throat with a devilish grin on her face as she could feel the blood stream out of the large, severed artery and drench her clothes.
Niki shifted her weight onto her other food and swapped arms now resting her left hand on her hip and played with her hair. Niki caught Eden's gaze and let herself go ice cold, "Can you make yourself useful? The blond prisoner, the woman with the large wounds on her cheek? Kill her. I have stuff I need to take care of," she spoke quickly. Everyone that didn't bow to Niki right away always earned instant distrust from Niki and she wanted to test them out quickly. She had nothing else to take care of and the woman she wanted dead was useless anyway and would be fed to the hellhounds later whether she was alive or dead so she was the perfect candidate to test out Eden.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:17 pm

eden scofield

she brushed a strand of loose brunette hair behind her ear as her green eyes studied the girl in front of her, trying to come to a final decision on the girls personality. clearly, she was bloodthirsty. that much was clear from what eden could see in her expression, the cruel smile which was on her lips. because of that, she was almost tempted to walk away right that second. obviously, there was little to no good in this girl. and why waste precious minutes of life on someone like that?
well, unfortunately, niki provoked responses from her. instead of doing exactly what she should have done and turning on her heel, eden squared her shoulders and tilted her head curiously.
"it's not even noon and i've already found the psychopath. such a disappointing game today." probably not the best answer she could have said- she should have kept her mouth shut, actually- but eden had met other people like niki before. most of them in this very camp. scratch that, all of them. some were still alive, some had been slaves of their own desire for blood and pushed the wrong person too far. some of the stories she'd heard of niki herself told her that this girl wasn't someone to be messed with- if they were true, that was. one girl who eden liked and trusted (not that she didn't have her many downsides) had whispered about how this particular blonde had emerged from a recent fight she'd been thrown into covered in the life blood of the opponent. the opponent hadn't emerged alive. from that fact alone, she would have instantly disliked this girl. now she was standing right in front of her, she disliked her even more.
her stomach twisted horribly at what niki asked her to do, and eden's face visibly paled. in all of her time in this camp, she had only ever raised a weapon in self-defense. outright slaughter wasn't something she was able to deal with, and it wasn't something which she condoned. any other time, that thought would have forced a laugh from her lips. against slaughter and bloodshed in a place like this? some would call her insane for that.
shaking her head, she forced a reply. "i guess i can't make myself useful then. obviously, there's a clear difference between you and i."

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Niki's eyes widened slightly when the girl refused. How interesting, there wasn't anyone at this camp who wouldn't mind killing someone if it was an order straight from Niki. Niki flipped her hair back and smiled a demeaning smile, "How interesting, does make me question your loyalties, dear!" she moved closer and closer to Eden whispering her last words in her ear before wrapping her fingers around the girls throat. She didn't apply any pressure or anything, she just held her and spoke again, "Why so uncomfortable about murder, huh? Why are you so pale?" Niki knew she'd strike a nerve. She let go of Eden's throat and stepped back.
Niki's right eye started to go jetblack as she started flipping through Eden's memories. Because she wasn't looking for anything specific and nothing recent, she just looked over the memories of when she was first claimed. Eden was found by Kronos and thus was loyal to us. B- but what was that? What was that small flicker? Niki concentrated more. It was slightly shielded. Eden must've been touched by someone else with similar powers to her's before. She couldn't extract the image rightaway, she had exhausted her powers earlier today torturing the prisoners but Niki was even more suspicious of Eden now that she knew that someone had muddled with a few weeks of her life but she got the general grasp, nothing Kronos wise was involved. Niki's eye returned to it's original ice cold blue colour and Niki spoke crisp and harshly, "What happened to you a few weeks back after you left Kronos' camp?" Niki regarded Eden very suspiciously her hand already wrapped around her dagger and the other around her sword. Niki didn't like traitors. The last traitor she had found was decapitated and his head was hanging off the entrance gate as a prize and a warning showing people what she would do to those who though about crossing Kronos or their cause.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:56 pm

eden scofield

clearly niki wasn't used to someone not agreeing automatically with her and rushing to do what she asked. she would have felt smug at that fact, if she wasn't being incredibly wary of the girl in front of her. not fearful. she wasn't someone who let herself be scared of people in this camp. they were under orders from kronos- and those orders didn't include killing supporters left right and center. she was marginally safe from the girls wrath. not completely, of course.
"my loyalties aren't to you, niki. my loyalties are to what kronos stands for, and to him. one blonde girl in a camp filled with others the same isn't someone i'm going to rush to please."
eden was saying all the wrong things, she was making all the wrong impressions. her voice, while even and strangely calm, meant nothing when the words which were coming out of her mouth were obviously making niki wary too. not just wary, but suspicious of her motives.
she saw it coming, but eden didn't make any move to get away from her advancing form. when long fingers wrapped around her throat, she made herself look niki in the eye, a faint, detached smile on her face. sure, her heart was beating against her chest hard enough for her to hear it in her ears, but eden was nothing if not calm in desperate situations. if she wasn't, she wouldn't be able to think clear. there was no pressure applied, which meant that her breathing wasn't compromised, but she was well aware that if she so chose to, niki could push all of the life out of her. would she have made a move to stop her? who knew.
her voice a mere whisper, eden answered the girls question. sure, she was being sarcastic- that much was obvious- but that didn't really matter. "i dislike blood. makes me queasy. i think it's left over from when i tripped in a playground as a child. some lasting effect by seeing my knee all scratched up or something."
a weaker woman than eden would have stepped backwards as soon as her throat was free from niki's grasp. instead, she stood a little straighter, her expression never changing as she watched an ice cold blue eye start to turn jetblack. it was jarring, odd- and she had her suspicions on what niki was doing. things she'd hard about this girl were clicking into place, but she didn't know if they were true or not. if she was allowing herself to fear the girl, she'd have feared her in that second- there were memories from her 26 years of life that she wouldn't have wanted anyone to see. incriminating memories which proved her true intentions.
eden shrugged, her expression going dark and guarded at niki's next question. her mind worked fast for a reply, and in half a beat she'd already started talking.
"you know how it is. i went shopping, got a nice starbucks. i could recommend a great nail parlor for you to get your nails done- they look a little ragged." she gestured at the girls hands, resting on her weapons. her own ring felt hot on her finger, and for the first time in a long time she wished she'd slipped it off long before so she could be holding a weapon too. smiling sickly sweet at niki, she shifted her weight casually. "i know i great hair salon too. just say the word, all those split ends will be no more." course, at the back of her mind was the nagging thought that niki could only be talking about one time- when she'd gone to camp half-blood. but she wasn't about to say she'd been to the ultimate enemies camp and made a deal with them, was she? her best course of action would be to act like she'd done nothing. absolutely nothing except some shopping and some girl time.

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 4:20 am

Niki was now definitely sure that there was something wrong but she was going to play stupid. She was going to "befriend" Eden. She was going to get close and hurt her where it hurt most. She knew that Eden was lying. She could hear the lie in her words and it disgusted her. Niki didn't tolerate traitors but she wanted to hurt Eden. Badly. Instead she summoned a bright but fake smile and flung her hair over her shoulder and smiled and looked at her bloodred nails, "Good, I need my nails done and I'd love to get my hair trimmed. It is so primitive here!" she slowly laced her arm through one of Eden's and started to pull her through the crowd getting open-mouthed stares from the demigods around them. The monsters didn't notice anything mostly because they were...well, monsters.
Niki moved her face away from Eden slightly to hide her now again black pupil as she continued to probe through Eden's memories and not just the one that aroused suspicion, but every memory she had since the day she was found. Stories started to unfold. Every now and again she'd catch a glimpse at the truth where the other person who'd been in her memories before had lacked either power or had forgotten to cover it up. She could see faces and places but she couldn't tell their names or what they were doing. It frustrated Niki so she gave up and promised herself to try later when she'd gathered more strength and recovered from the torture.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:39 am

eden scofield

eden was more than a little taken aback, which showed on her mildly surprised face. this girl was clearly suffering some multiple personality disorder or something. how else could her sudden change have come around?
well, okay, there was always the option of niki playing her. one which was definitely possible. one, eden wouldn't put it past her, and two, it just seemed too... suspicious. she wasn't about to let her guard down, that was for sure. it didn't matter how good a turn her personality had taken, she didn't like the blonde, and that wasn't about to change anytime soon.
pulling her hair over one shoulder, eden pasted a bright smile on her face. hopefully, she looked the picture of someone who'd just "made a friend" or whatever.
"i know, right? no one here knows proper maintenance." like she of all people did. eden was pretty far from the girly girl type. "and surprisingly, you're the first to take me up on my offer." also, the only one, considering the offer was a big fat lie.
she tensed instinctively at niki's touch, but managed to relax a tiny bit when she realized all she was doing was linking arms. which was definitely freaky as hell considering that a moment before she'd had her fingers around her throat, but better than that gesture. glancing around at the demigods and monsters which parted for niki- and her, being propelled along by her- eden felt more like she was being sent to be executed rather than a friendly tug along by a "friend".
she noticed the way niki angled her head away from her, and put it down at the back of her mind as something suspicious. although, everything about this girl was suspicious. if she wanted to note it all, she'd have been there all day. after a few awkward moments, eden spoke up in a casual tone.
"if you really want to know something, all you have to do is ask- do i look like someone with secrets to hide?"
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 1:53 am

For someone hiding a lot of secrets, Eden was very open about the fact she was hiding things. Especially from a child of Mnemosyne. Niki realised that Eden didn't know she was a Mnemosyne child and though that might shake her up so she quickly told her what she could do, "I'm a child of Mnemosyne, why ask when I can go through uncensored memories? They're not tainted and riddled with half-truths and secrets," Niki smiled sweetly, "You do seem like someone with secrets to hide but then, doesn't everyone had hidden secrets?". Niki smiled at her own comment. The first half would instill a bit of fear letting Eden know her suspicion but then the second would set her off course and make her think that Niki was only kidding.
Now they were through the crowd, Niki slowed down so she was walking directly next to Eden as they set off towards the exit of camp where Niki had her car hidden. Niki loved her car and she knew if people knew where it was, it'd either get stolen or broken. Not that she couldn't afford another one, she was just attached to her car and loved it more than anything. She led Eden away from camp into the woods, "I'll drive but you'll need to give directions," now that Niki wasn't going through her memories anymore, her eyes were normal again and she quickly met Eden's gaze to show that her eyes were normal whilst she spoke.

i'm so sorry sweetie i just didn't know what to say haahahah
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 6:31 am

eden scofield

well, that explained it. eden had been more than a little curious about how she'd realized there was something in her past to hide- now she knew. mnemosyne. admittedly, she was more versed in the gods than the titans, but that didn't mean she didn't have enough knowledge of them to know who niki's mother was. she'd be pretty dumb if she didn't, considering her own father.
nodding her understanding, she smiled softly to herself, tilting her head away so niki couldn't see it. riddled with half-truths and secrets, huh? so she had her suspicions. that was something eden would have to watch out for- one kronos supporter suspecting her was one too many. one meant there was always the chance she'd tell her thoughts to someone else. before she knew it, eden might end up in an undesirable situation where it's her who was behind bars and awaiting execution for being a traitor.
eden was no fool, so while niki might have made a casual comment out of her next question- she wasn't about to let her guard go down now that it was up. she'd have to be very, very careful around this particular girl. and how best to do that then become friends?
"you're right. everyone has secrets, some more than others. you wanna know mine?" she lowered her voice to an almost whisper, her tone good-natured as she made a joke out of it. "i stole some lip gloss from the store last time i was out of camp."
eden didn't know many people with cars here, so she was sort of in awe as niki led her towards where her own one was. it was sort of asking for trouble if you left a car out in plain sight. obviously, she was smarter than eden had originally thought, because her car was definitely well hidden.
pulling brunette hair over her shoulder, eden nodded once more and thought about some places she'd seen on her last visit to the city- nail parlors, hair salons. there were so many, she wasn't sure where was good and where wasn't, so she settled on ones she remembered seeing on her way to starbucks and started to map out the route in her head.
"no problem. i have a great memory- you can be sure i'll get us where we need to be." she directed a sweet smile niki's way, hoping she seemed compliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: early morning--- private   early morning--- private I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

early morning--- private
Page 1 of 1