Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] Empty
PostSubject: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 4:36 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: idk
WEARING: outfit
WORDCOUNT: 627
i'm just a kid and life is a nightmare

Finnegan stares at his reflection in the mirror in front of him, trying to decided if he looks presentable. Usually he could care less about his appearance, but tonight is different. He's been well worried ever since his conversation the other night with Toby, and he knows this date needs to be perfect. That is why, he is currently wearing the nice button down shirt that Toby insisted that he buy. Looking in the mirror, he realizes that the shirt does look quite nice, Toby really did a good job picking it out. Finally satisfied with his appearance, Finnegan jams his feet into a pair of old beat up converse. Returning to his bed, he grabs the large picnic blanket and bundle of tiki torches. He proceeds to awkwardly carry the items out of his cabin and to the beach.

When Finnegan is at the the beach, he picks a spot in the middle of the beach, not too far from the water but not so close that the blanket will get wet. He then spreads out the blanket, and places a tiki torch at each of the corners. Picking up a lighter, he lights each of the torches and steps back to admire his work. It looks, well nice. Now, let's just hope leaving lit torches by themselves won't start a fire. Eh, he'll be back soon there's no way a fire can possibly start in that amount of time. With that, he once more leaves the beach.

Upon reaching the mess hall, Finnegan walks through the doors into the kitchen. He knows that the nymphs do not always like the campers raiding the kitchen at night, but hopefully they will understand and not be mad at him. The brunette searches for a picnic basket and after finding one, he begins to fill it with food. Unsure what to add he puts a mixture of a lot of different things. By the time the basket is full, he has added a variety of fruit, crackers, cookies, sandwiches, drinks, and even some chocolate covered strawberries. Satisfied with the selection, Finnegan leaves the kitchen and makes his way back to the beach.

Upon returning the boy is glad to see he has not started a fire. He gently sets the basket down on the blanket it, and admires his work. Nice and simple, perfect. Now let's hope that Toby feels the same way. Toby, he has yet to get the other boy. He knew he was forgetting something! Quickly, Finnegan runs out of the beach, stopping once to check over his shoulder at the picnic. He continues to run until he reaches the Hecate cabin, he then pauses to catch his breath and straighten his shirt. He then enters the cabin without knocking, by this point he's learned the children of Hecate don't mind his coming and going as long as he doesn't disturb them.

Winding through the surprisingly large cabin, Finnegan finally reaches Toby's room. He then reaches up to knock on the door, before entering the room. "Toby?"he calls as he enters. When his eyes land on his boy friend his smiles lightly and looks at him. "I know this is really, really short notice. But I've been thinking, and I decided that we should go on a date"he says sort of watching for the boy's reaction. "There is a picnic set up on the beach, and it would sort of suck if I had to eat all that food alone. So would you like to join me?"he says to the boy with a goofy smile on his face. Finnegan then leans against the wall as he waits for the boy's answer. Hopefully he says yes, otherwise well it would suck to eat all the food alone.  

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby paced back and forth from one end of his room to the other, hands clasped behind his back, and his eyes squinting. He had been doing nothing for the past hour but thinking. Thinking about what he had been doing, what he will be doing. Thinking about the war, about Finn. His mind was swimming with his thoughts, and it was much easier to think now than it had been in weeks. And so he was doing just that.

Toby turns and stops his pacing when he hears a knock at his door frame. Then, a familiar voice preceded Finnegan entering into his room. It was honestly a little bit unexpected, since Finnegan hadn't made any plans with Toby, or even told him he was coming to visit. Toby opened his mouth to inquire as to why Finnegan was here, but Finnegan began to speak first.

"A date?" Toby repeated, though it was a rhetorical question. He was really a little hesitant to agree. Their last date was a nightmare. But, Toby did think that he couldn't dwell on it forever. Eventually they had to pick things up where they started.

Toby's eyes fell a little from Finnegan's face to the shirt he was wearing. A memory flooded back to Toby; the two boys sharing a dressing room and smiling, giving each other clothes to try on. Toby had said that Finnegan didn't have to wear it, because it was obvious Finnegan hated it. But if he was wearing it now, he must be making a big attempt to mend things and please Toby. The boy couldn't help but smile a little.

"Alright Finnegan, I accept," he said. He wandered over to his wardrobe and got out some socks, slipping them on before getting on his shoes. He then straightened up and looked at Finnegan. For some reason, Toby felt a little nervous. Finnegan seemed confident, which was unusual, and it kind of threw Toby off. Not that he didn't like it, but it was kind of like having another first impression. And Toby didn't want to screw his up.

"Lead the way."

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 6:21 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan nervously bites his lip as he watches Toby. He is extremely worried about what his answer is going to be, especially because the other boy is constantly pacing the cabin. He perks up a bit when he hears Toby speak, but the words only worry him. "A date?" does not sound like words that someone would say if they were planning to say yes, especially when combined with Toby's tone.

His heart sinking Finnegan stares down at his feet. Maybe this was just a mistake. After what had happened the other night, it is a bit of a risk to plan a date. But he had really hoped that Toby would say yes, he even wore this awful shirt. Well it's not awful, but it sure is uncomfortable. Still biting his lip, Finnegan nervously looks up and watches Toby as he waits for his final answer. He looks up in time to catch the other boy smile at the shirt, and he finds himself slowly smiling.

When he hears Toby accept, his smile only gets louder. He then watches as the boy puts his shoes on before rushing over to him. Without thinking he kisses the other boy's cheek and slowly steps back once he realizes what he did. "Yay"he says still smiling. The fact that Toby said yes has to be a sign, that they are taking a step in a positive direction, right? Yeah right.

Finnegan hesitantly holds his hand out for Toby to take. After a few minutes, he slowly makes his way out of the cabin and to the courtyard. From there he leads the other boy to the beach. On arriving, Finnegan is very glad to see he did not cause a fire. Smiling, he leads the other boy to the picnic blanket and sits down. "Well here we are"he says quietly. He then reaches over and grabs the picnic basket, moving it in front of them. "I brought food. I wasn't sure what I should get, so I sort of got a lot of different things. Hopefully, there will be something you like"he says nervously. Finnegan then searches through the basket and takes out a package of poptarts and opens it, breaking part of he puts it in his mouth and slowly eats it.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 11:08 pm

Son of Hecate

Before they even left the room, Toby was caught off-guard with a kiss on his cheek. He felt his face get hot, and undoubtedly his pale skin was beginning to take on a tone of pink. It was true that Toby didn't expect Finnegan to kiss him this early, having just did a sort-of restart on their relationship. But, it was a nice surprise, and a change from previous experiences. Toby shuffled his feet bashfully, a bit baffled at what else to do.

Finally, Finnegan broke the tension and held out his hand for Toby. The boy looked at the hand, then at Finnegan, then back at his hand. For some strange reason, Toby's only thought was those are some nice hands. Why he thought that was a mystery to the world. Toby raised his own hand and placed it in his boyfriend's. The pair then exited the cabin with Finnegan leading.

When they got out of the cabin, Toby noticed that it was rather dark. Finnegan walked ahead and did not notice Toby's distraction with the sky above. Being a necromancer, Toby adored the night, the moon, and the stars. He frequently took late night strolls, and was careful about how he went. Why? At Camp Half-Blood, the campers had a curfew. The enforcers of that curfew were known as harpies, and they were some of the most unpleasant beings one could possibly encounter. This thought occurring to him, Toby tightened his grip on his partner's hand. Narrowing his eyebrows, Toby lowered his head and walked so he was side-by-side with Finnegan.

"Finnegan, what about the harpies?" He asked, voice lowered. He looked at the boy expectantly, hoping he had already thought of this complication. Finnegan was, after all, an extremely intelligent person. Much more intelligent than he would let on, but Toby also knew that he could be extremely scatter-brained and forgetful.

Once they arrived on the beach, Toby took his eyes off of Finnegan, and looked out. The beach was dark and calm, the water looking almost just like the sand except for occasional dots that were reflections of the stars above. All was dark except for one spot, illuminated by the orange glow of several tiki torches. The light created a kind of circle around a blanket. Atop the blanket was a picnic basket, just like Finnegan had said, but Toby certainly was not expecting this. The surprise caused Toby to stop and examine the scene. It was much more than Toby expected of Finnegan. The ensemble created a surprisingly romantic mood that Toby did not know Finnegan could come up with. He even suspected that Finnegan might have gotten help from someone else to come up with this.

"Finnegan, it's lovely," Toby whispered to the boy. He squeezed his hand and allowed Finnegan to lead him to the blanket. He watched Finnegan sit down and produce a poptart from the picnic basket. Toby let out a small giggle. It wasn't very classy, but Toby understood that there were limited resources if you only had the camp kitchens to raid from. Toby took a seat across from Finnegan, and looked at the stars reflecting in the ocean. Still, itching at the back of his mind...

"Finn, are you sure we won't get in trouble?" he inquired once more, a little bit more pressing for an answer, this time. He drew his gaze from the beautiful water to the handsome boy across from him, but with both pleasant sights, Toby's face displayed worry.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan bites his lip and looks over at Toby. He should have figured the other boy would worry about getting caught, of course Finnegan had thought about that and made a deal with the harpies. But he's not too inclined to tell the other boy about his method of taking care of it. "Yeah, I took care of it. Don't worry, we'll be fine. Turn's out you can make a deal with the harpies, we'll be fine"he says with a small smile. Of course, Finnegan will spend the next month washing dishes, but in a way it's worth it. Especially since seeing Toby's face when the boy's gaze fell on the picnic.

Smiling lightly, Finnegan leans back and watches Toby as he continues to eat his pop tart. "I'm glad you like it"he says his smile growing wider. He is very glad that the other boy seems to be enjoying the picnic. During the planning and setting up, all he could worry about, well besides a fire, was if Toby would like it. They have never really attempted something like this, so Finnegan could not be sure. But it is sign of relief to his the boy's smile.

Reaching into the basket, Finnegan searches for something else to eat. He had been so stressed today, that he forgot to eat lunch. After a few minutes of digging through the basket, he takes out a box of crackers and some spray cheese. Opening the package of crackers, he takes a few out and sprays cheese on them before eating them. When he eats them, Finnegan gets cheese on his nose but continues eating the crackers without noticing the cheese on his nose.

Finnegan looks over at Toby and watches the other boy for a bit before speaking. "So, what have you been up to?"he asks the boy, not sure what else to say. With the recent restart of their relationship, they have not been spending a lot of time together, and Finnegan has been curious to see what Toby has been doing. He, has spent most of his time reading. Whenever he has nothing else to do, or is upset he reads.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Son of Hecate

There was a sense of relief that washed over Toby when he heard that the Harpies would not be interfering with their night. He found that he was able to relax a little more, not being under the stress of doing something that he wasn't supposed to. He kind of wondered what Finnegan did in order to get the harpies off of his case. Pledge dishes? Send them to tartarus? No, he'd probably get kicked out of camp if he killed them. Finnegan probably had to do the dishes. Toby felt a little bad that Finnegan had to go through that trouble just for him. But, in the spirit of the evening, he tried not to let it get to him.

Toby watched as Finnegan produced a can of spray cheese and crackers, and he stifled a laugh. Curious as to what other cafeteria products might he have packed, Toby pulled the basket over to him and peered inside. As he rummaged, he saw a can of tuna (which he easily passed), some cookies, string cheese, a bag of pretzels, a can of something that Toby didn't even want to know. Toby took out the pretzels and pulled open the bag. He began to munch on a pretzel and returned his gaze to Finnegan. In the minute that Toby was distracted, Finnegan had managed to get a dollop of spray cheese on his nose. How that was possible escaped Toby.

Toby bit his lip and mulled over his options. He could take a picture... Well, no, Toby didn't have a camera. And phones weren't allowed to be used in camp. He could just not tell Finnegan and silently laugh at him throughout the dinner. As funny as that would be, Toby also figured it would be quite cruel. Grabbing a napkin, Toby scooted over so that he was closer to Finnegan.

"Yeah you kind of- uh, got a little something on your nose, genius," he teased. He brought his hand up to the boy's face and gently wiped the fake-cheese product off of his nose. "Much better." he chuckled, leaning back and tossing the napkin by the basket.

"Oh... nothing really," Toby shrugged at Finnegan's question. The night seemed rather still between the two boys, and Finnegan's question was really supposed to be a conversation starter. But, what could Toby possibly tell him? 'Oh nothing much, just moping around my cabin and going out to practice raising the dead at night!' Toby shifted uncomfortably. "I've just been, uh... reading and stuff. Not much..." Toby sighed at his lie, but his tone made it clear that he did not want to pursue that particular line of questioning.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan smiles lightly as he looks over at Toby. When the boy moves to wipe the cheese off of his nose, he blushes lightly and looks over at him. "Thanks, it would be a bit embarrassing to have cheese on my nose"he says with a small laugh. He then gazes over at Toby and bites his lip. Normally he would probably kiss Toby on the cheek, or maybe even the mouth. But now, he's not so sure what to do. Resisting the urge to swear, he reaches over and grabs a pretzel, and pops it into his mouth.

Finnegan then turns his gaze back to Toby, and listens as he speaks. "Oh? What have you been reading? I've been reading a lot too, but you probably haven't been reading what I've been reading"he says starting to ramble. When he realizes that he is rambling, Finnegan immediately shuts up. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to ramble"he says with a small smile. However, Finnegan gets the feeling that Toby is lying, which is why he is prying into the topic anyways.

After a while of awkward silence, Finnegan takes a deep breath. He then moves closer to Toby, and smiles at the boy. He then gently bites his lip as he rests his head and the boy's shoulder, "I hope you don't mind"he mumbles as he gazes upwards at the stars. As his eyes scan the skies, he can't help but grin. "The stars look so pretty"he says quietly, still gazing up at them. He then starts to smile as he stares at the stars, his head still resting on Toby's shoulder. This moment right here, is nice and peaceful. And Finnegan wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:26 am

Son of Hecate

Toby shifted so that he was sitting in a more comfortable criss cross applesauce position. He had noticed the boy's blush when he wiped the cheese off of his nose. Although it wasn't a very romantic gesture, he could understand that it was at least a little bit intimate, since Toby had shared Finnegan's personal space for a couple of moments.

"Uh, did I say that you could take my pretzels?" Toby asked, snidely. He shot a rather offended look at Finnegan, eyebrows scrunched together, and hand placed over the bag of pretzels as to guard it. After a few moments, Toby's expression softened, and he began to laugh. It was a soft, genuinely-amused laugh that could usually only be produced in Finnegan's presence. As the laughter dialed down, Toby sighed, but a smile remained on his face.

Things easily got on Toby's nerves. Whistling, clicking sounds, and other small things simply ignited the fury within the seemingly-sweet boy. At times, Finnegan was one of them. This was not one of those times. Seeing Finnegan ramble was maybe the cutest thing Toby had every seen at that moment, and his smile grew wider. He licked his lips when the ramble dropped off into sudden silence. Why had he stopped? Toby could have listened to him rambling all night. Then, he realized that Finnegan was awaiting an answer.

"Wha- uh," Toby sputtered, snapping out of his small infatuation with Finnegan at that moment. "I've just been reading, like... Well, don't judge me..." he disclaimed. "But I kind of like reading about old religions and various religions in different cultures. I don't know, it's kind of this thing I have. Maybe its because Hecate is like a big goddess in witch-based religions..." He said. Although it was a lie that he had been reading, it was true that he was fascinated with the topic. Pulling upon his passion for the subject made his lie a lot more convincing.

The next thing that happened, although horridly awkward and slow, could have put Toby into a state of shock. The next thing he knew was that he had a boy's head on his shoulder, brown hair tickling the side of his cheek. The moment didn't last long before Toby began to feel himself sweat. Not so much on his face, but kind of a nervous sweat on his back and under his arms. Oh god, he's going to think I'm so gross, Toby thought to himself desperately. It seemed like under normal conditions, Toby wouldn't be this nervous to be with Finnegan, but the conditions were pressuring. Toby felt like he couldn't screw this up, and that made him nervous.

"Yeah, I m-mean, the stars are nice," He responded lamely. When Finnegan was looking away, Toby bit his lip and mouthed "Oh-my-god" at nobody in particular.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:54 am

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan grins as he listens to Toby talk about the books he's been reading, if he has to be honest he finds the subjects to be fascinating. "Oh no, those sound amazing, I'd love to read them sometime. Could I borrow them?"he asks raising an eyebrow. "I've just been reading text books, nothing too exciting."he says with a small blush. He then stares at Toby, "Excuse me, I planned this I can have a pretzel with out asking"he says with a laugh as he grabs a handful and eats them.

Finnegan grins as he continues to gaze at the stars. Eventually, he begins to name them, silently of course but every once in a while he says them out loud. "Pegasus"he murmurers as he spots the familiar constellation. He then smiles lately as he continues to name the various constellations, something about star gazing has always calmed Finnegan down, and makes him happy. It's fun to correctly identify all of them, and if he's going to be honest he often finds him self naming them even when he is unable to view the sky.

Finnegan notices that Toby seems uncomfortable, and gently lifts his head up. He then turns to look at the boy and nervously bites his lip. "Are you okay? You seem uncomfortable, and very very sweaty"he says quietly, laughing at the last part trying to turn it into a joke. His face then deadpans as he looks at Toby. "Did I do something wrong? Was that too fast. I'm sorry, I wasn't sure how fast to take things"he says starting to ramble. Finnegan then bites his lip as he looks down at his lap. Shit shit shit shit, good job Finnegan.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 am

Son of Hecate

A mental note went off in Toby's head to buy some books on his next trip out.

Deciding to try his best to go with the flow, Toby propped up his arms behind him and leaned back on them so that both he and Finnegan could see the stars better. As soon as he looked up at the sky, he was as mesmerized as usual. Hearing Finnegan murmur some one the names of the stars, Toby's eyebrows raised. He loved stars, but more in a spiritual and pretty way. Certainly not enough to memorize the individuals' names. Toby glanced around the blackness and spotted what he assumed to be Venus. He liked that planet, and he definitely hoped that it was the goddess shining its light down on the couple.

Feeling Finnegan move uncomfortably, Toby sat up once again. Hearing Finnegan's remarks, Toby's eyebrows arched down into a sad look. His brown eyes swept over the boy with a look of sadness.

"No, no," he said. He paused for a moment. It was a good point that Toby had never thought about before. How fast should they be going? Toby felt as though it was even more awkward to set a specific pace given that they hadn't exactly started all the way over due to how deeply invested they already were. Toby's hands tightened and he thought quietly for a moment, avoiding Finnegan's gaze. "No, you're not going to fast, I just..." Toby trailed off.

"I just really don't want to mess this up. I'm sorry," he apologized quickly, and out of habit. Then he shook his head. "No, let's not let this get sad," he said, letting out a breath. Perhaps it was a bad sign that they had to make an actual effort to remain happy. Toby strained to force the thought out of his head. The thought that they were always sad around each other. "You were doing it exactly right, I was just nervous to like... kill the mood. Too late for that, I guess," he muttered, letting his head droop just as Finnegan's had down to his lap.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:38 am

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan bites his lip and looks over at Toby. "If i'm not going too fast, what's wrong?"he asks quietly, still not meeting Toby's gaze. He then bites his lip, this time drawing blood and looks at at Toby. "I don't want to mess up either, you're the one thing in my life that makes me happy. I can't lose you Toby"he says as he wipes away the blood.

"Well, it looks like we've reach sad.  But we can always try to get away from the sadness?"he says quietly.  Taking a deep breath, Finnegan reaches over, and gently places his hand under Toby's chin. Then tilting his head up, he leans in and kisses the boy. After a few minutes he gently pulls away, but still remains close to the boy. "I don't think that moment was ruined"he mumbles as he looks into the other boy's eyes. He knows the kiss was probably dumb, but at this point he wasn't sure what else to do. Hopefully Toby didn't mind, because if he does that might be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby's senses were a little bit overwhelmed at the moment. He was trying- and failing- at keeping himself from sweating. He knew that if he had to stand up he would probably faint about now, or shake uncontrollably. He was scanning every little detail of Finnegan's face, noticing and worrying about the blood. He didn't know what to do. At this point, Toby was frozen with his lips sealed together and eyes staring at Finnegan, awaiting what his next move was. And then it came.

Toby felt Finnegan's hand touch his chin, and goosebumps began to crawl all over the boy, making the hairs on his arms stand. As Finnegan's head drew nearer, Toby tilted his head to the side and closed his eyes. It was just the normal thing to do when kissing, but it felt different. He didn't know what kind of different, but it was at least a good different. Like the kiss was supposed to say something, and Toby got it. When Finnegan finally pulled away, Toby blushed and looked down quickly. It did not matter that he avoided Finnegan's gaze, because it was obvious that Toby was smiling like a goofball.

"No, that moment wasn't ruined," Toby agreed. He nervously brought a hand to his head and fidgeted with his hair as if it was messed up. When he figured that it looked fine his hands dropped to his lap. His head lifted up and his eyes locked with Finnegan's for the first time in a while. "No, it was perfect."

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan stares at Toby, a goofy smile slowly growing across his face. His smile only gets wider, as his eyes meet Toby
s. "I'm glad, I enjoyed that"he says with a small wink. He has no idea why he winked, but he felt as if it was well fitting? Well he's not entirely sure about that, but oh well it's too late now. Finnegan then remembers his bleeding lip, and grabs a handful of napkins. Taking one, he presses it against the cut, stopping the blood. Wrapping the bloody napkin in a clean one, he sets it down on the blanket.

Finnegan then turns his head to look at Toby, and instead of saying anything he just watches the boy for a few minutes, a goofy smile still on his face. He then laughs as he watches Toby attempt to fix his hair, but really make it messier than before. "You messed up your hair silly"he says with a laugh. Finnegan then scoots closer, and attempts to fix Toby's hair, but only ends up laughing. "This is difficult"he whines as he still attempts to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby watched, growing concerned, as Finnegan began to try to stop his lip from bleeding. He hadn't even thought about his bleeding lip while they were kissing. While Finnegan was distracted with his own lip, Toby brought the back of his hand up to his mouth and wiped his mouth off. Looking at the back of his hand, he saw a few streaks of faint red. Oh, gross, Finnegan! Toby thought to himself. He wiped the back of his hand on his pants quickly before trying to look casual again.

Toby waited for Finnegan to finish. When he did, they locked eyes for a moment. Toby raised an eyebrow as Finnegan began to smile like someone who had gone bonkers. Toby began to laugh at his facial expression, but stopped abruptly, realizing that he had had that exact look on his face before.

When Finnegan scooted closer, and began to mess with Toby's hair, Toby buried his face in his hands, feeling himself blush. He began to chuckle into his hands at Finnegan's whine, somehow oddly cute. Admittedly, Toby's hair was a little hard to deal with. He spent a lot of his morning prepping his hair. More time than he would like to admit. But, he didn't say that to Finn.

"Wha- I- I mean, yeah I know," he said, removing his hands from his face. He turned to look at Finnegan with a sort of grumpy expression. "But what right have you to say my hair is difficult? Yours is like an abandoned bird's nest," he accused. Wow Toby, way to go. Shots fired.

"Quiiit," Toby then swatted away Finnegan's hands. He smiled and bumped his shoulder against Finnegan's chest, pushing the boy away. "I'm not monkey to be groomed," he said, sticking his tongue out. He reached up and smoothed out his hair, giving up all hope of volume. He didn't feel the need to impress Finn anymore, anyway.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 am

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan scrunches up his face and watches Toby mess up his hair. "Oh come on, you're ruining it!"he exclaims as he watches the boy remove any sort of volume from his hair. "I'm offended Toby"he mumbles as he swats at the boy's arm. Then unable to help himself, he begins to laugh as he lays back on the sand. "Well, you might not be one, but you could use some grooming"he says with a laugh.

Just then a couple walks up to them, a boy and a girl, a very drunk couple that is. Sitting up a bit, Finnegan stars at them. "Excuse me, this spot's taken"he says narrowing his eyes at them. He then nervously licks his lip as he waits for them to leave. Unfortunately, they seem content on staying. "Nah brah, I think I'll stay"the boy says to him. Rolling his eyes, Finnegan looks over at Toby, not sure what to do. "Come on babe, let's get out of here" the girl says as she grabs her boyfriend by the arm and leaves.

As they leave, the boy stumbles into one of the tiki torches and knocks it over the flame landing on the picnic blanket. For a few minutes, Finnegan sits there sort of frozen just staring at the flame. It's almost as though he is paralyzed by fear. Unable to think or move, he just stares at the fire as it continues to draw closer and closer to him.  
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:24 am

Son of Hecate

Hearing some slurred speech, and then some drunken laughter, Toby glanced over his shoulder. Coming towards them was a couple. Judging by the voices, it was a man and a woman. He couldn't really discern them until they got close enough that the tiki torches illuminated their faces. When Toby saw them, he bent his head down, looking at his lap. He had no desire to talk to them, and maybe if he didn't look at them, he could pretend that they could not see him. That tended to be Toby's default logic when it came to encounters that he would rather not deal with. Unfortunately, it tended not to work.

Hearing Finnegan speak to them, he was kind of surprised at the boy's assertiveness. Maybe it was another representation of how he didn't want this date to be ruined, or maybe he knew them and didn't like them. Either way, Finnegan's tone had something snappy in it. When the boy insisted on staying, Toby tensed. He knew that both he and Finnegan were not assertive enough to push them out of their space, even if Finnegan seemed adamant on this date going well. When the girl persuaded the boy to leave, Toby's muscles relaxed.

Tobias lifted his head and watched the back of their heads as they left. Before they were clear of the blanket, however, the boy stumbled onto a tiki torch. The pair kept walking, completely oblivious. Toby watched as the tiki torch tipped precariously, and then fell down onto the picnic basket with a smack. At first, none of the boys made a movement, and nothing happened. Soon, however, the basket caught fire.

Toby was the first of the boys to move. He scrambled to his feet and then jumped off of the blanket and into the sand. Now, along with the tiki torches, a fire in the middle of the blanket added on to the orange lighting. But, somehow, this fire seemed so much more hostile. Toby watched the fire for a moment as it grew. And then he noticed something. Finnegan hadn't moved. The boy was still glued to the spot that he had been sitting at, his eyes delving into the flames.

Toby shot forward. Just as the flames expanded so that they were almost nipping Finnegan's lap, Toby put his arms under Finnegan's and dragged him off of the blanket, and a reasonable distance into the sand. Then, Tobias produced something from his sleeve. He dashed to the beach. He could hear the couple laughing in their drunken way somewhere to his left, but he kept running until his shoes found the wet sand. He stopped in front of the water, stuck his wand out, and muttered something. Then, turning, he ran back to the burning blanket. His hand was elevated over his head, holding his wand. Above his wand was a stream of water that ran from there to the ocean. Upon arriving back at the blanket, Toby swooped his wand towards the fire, dousing the hot flame with chilled water.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan stares at the fire, still paralyzed by fear. In the back of his mind, he knows he should get the hell out of there, but the command just isn't reaching his brain. Just as the fire is about to spread over him, Finnegan feels himself being moved away from the fire. He tilts his head back to look up at Toby as the boy drags him away.

Sitting there, Finnegan watches the boy put out the fire. Slowly, he becomes unparalyzed by the fear of the fire. Blinking, he reaches up and rubs the side of his head as he looks over at Toby. He is so brave, taking charge and putting out the fire, while Finn sat there like an idiot staring at the fire as it got closer and closer to him. Slowly, Finnegan pulls his legs up to his chest and wraps his arms around them, resting his chin on his knees. Letting out a small sigh, he then watches Toby.

Seeing the boy perform magic, comes as a bit of a shock to Finnegan. He's never heard Toby mention his powers. Of course he knows that he must have had powers, after all he is a child of Hecate. But actually seeing them, is well amazing. Oddly enough, he finds himself smiling as he watches Toby put out the fire. But as soon as he is done, he feels his smile fade. Untangling his limbs, Finnegan slowly stands up and brushes sand off of his clothing. He then makes his way over to Toby. "Sorry about that"he mumbles in apology for his freezing. He then stares at Toby a bit before speaking. "That was really cool, you were so brave"he says with a small smile. He then gently kisses the boy on the cheek, "Thank you"he whispers.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Son of Hecate

As soon as the fire was out and the charred blanket was left smoking, Toby ran straight over to Finnegan, without so much as pausing for his breath. When he reached the tall and lanky boy, he threw his arms around his torso and squeezed him close. It was ridiculous that he had gotten that scared, but Finnegan had not moved. An easily avoidable accident turned out difficult to accomplish for Finn, and Toby was terrified. Glad that Finn was safe and not on fire, Toby squeezed his eyes shut and just remained there, hugging Finnegan, his head on the boy's chest. After about a full minute, Toby let go.

"You ass!" He shouted, almost immediately. "Never freeze up like that again!! You could have just hopped off the blanket!" He said, hitting Finnegan on the arm. "What an asshole." His emotions flip-flopped internally as he received a kiss on the cheek. His cheeks began to burn pink, and he hoped that Finnegan could not see it in this light. Toby took a step forward, and took Finnegan's face between both of his hands. He stood on his toes and placed a gentle kiss on the boy's warm lips.

After the kiss, Toby fell back down onto his heels, and his arms fell to hold around Finnegan's waist. With all the adrenaline pumping, Toby's fear of taking things at a moderate pace and being intimate totally disappeared. As Toby's arms brought Finn closer to him, he could better see his adorable face.

"I guess the date is over. Fire is kind of a party crasher, huh?" He asked, with a slightly amused air. For some reason, the mere fact that their date was supposed to be perfect and then ended in a fire had comic validity to Toby. He actually found it kind of humorous.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan sucks his lip, and stares at Toby. When the smaller boy hugs him, Finnegan wraps his arms around the boy. Squeezing him tightly, he gently rests his head on Toby's shoulder. Letting go, Finn watches Toby. When the boy starts to yell, Finnegan winces and gently bits his lip. As much as it hurts, Finnegan does deserve it. He froze, he deserves to be yelled at.

"I'm sorry Toby, I'm so sorry"he whispers as he stares at the other boy. Needless to say, Finn is a bit shocked when Toby kisses him. But that doesn't stop him from kissing back. When Toby pulls away, Finnegan lets his gaze fall towards the ground as he gently rubs his arm. Even though it seems Toby has forgiven him, he still feels awful for freezing. Jeez, he's such a wimp. Sighing, Finnegan looks at Toby and smiles lightly as he wraps his arms around the boy.

"Well, it doesn't have to end completely"he says winking at him. "But yeah, the fire pretty much ruined this"he says with a frown. Normally he wouldn't be that except, but he volunteered to wash dishes for this date to be perfect, now the date is ruined and he still has to wash dishes. "Yeah, luckily you put it out. That was really cool by the way, all that magic? It was so amazing!"he says with a smile.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]   we'll be counting stars [private to brenny] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we'll be counting stars [private to brenny]
Page 1 of 1