Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Advantage: Texas (Dallas)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Epiales

Epiales

Advantage: Texas (Dallas) Empty
PostSubject: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:45 pm

The body of a camper flew across the arena. It was a rather large body, a son of Ares in fact, and although he wasn't dead, he might wish he was when he eventually woke up. Tex, the boy's opponent, twirled her pugil stick in her right hand before practically stabbing it into the group. Due to the fact that the staff didn't have a point, the motion simply caused a wave of dust to rise from the impact point. As a trio of Apollo children attempted to carry off her previous combatant, she glared around the room, posing a simple question:
"Who's next?"

Last edited by Labyrinth-Designer on Thu May 22, 2014 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Lainey forced herself to enter the arena. Bad memories flooded her mind of weapons she had used against others. At times like these when thinking of her past, she either felt content and happy, or miserable. This time, she was miserable.
She saw a large boy flying across the room, not fat, but buff. She looked to where he came from, and saw a girl with an arrogant stance and look on her face. Lainey would normally take a challenge that was offered to her, but she didn't want to get her hands dirty today.
Somewhere deep inside, she felt normal. As normal as a child of the goddess of hatred could get. Walking over to the boy that had landed on the ground to help him, she realized that he was unconscious half way over, but kept going.
He had vomited and looked uncomfortable. Gentle hands turned him onto his side to prevent death, but didn't bother with much else. She wasn't a nurse at the infirmiry, after all.

Last edited by Dallas on Fri May 23, 2014 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Epiales

Epiales

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Tex watched as a girl she recognized somewhat entered the arena. She remembered seeing the girl fighting, although she wasn't sure how long ago that was. Pushing the thoughts to the side, she stood up straight and started walking around. "Well? Is there really no one here who wants to have a go?" She asked, pointedly looking a few children of Ares and Athena. The session they were in was supposed to be a Round Robin tournament, with the winner staying in until they were defeated, which had yet to happen to Tex. To properly win, however, she needed to best everyone who was in the tournament. She had already defeated the majority of the people in the arena, while most of the people left had withdrawn. Since entering the arena during a training session like this normally meant you were open game, she pointed her staff at the girl who had just walked in. "How about you? Care to give it a go?"
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:11 am

Lainey turned towards a voice that was beckoning her and stopped herself from rolling her eyes. She was in no mood to fight at the moment, she hadn't even eaten breakfast yet and lunch was hours away.
Sometimes she regretted getting up early just to wander around. She didn't know the camp very well yet, and tried to refrain from getting mixed up in trouble until she knew how to work it around her fingers. It was simple, really, she didn't feel like fighting, and when the girl was gawking out and begging people to fight her, she found it pathetic.

Deciding that she wouldn't satisfy her with a verbal answer, she shook her head no, getting some of her straightened hair in her mouth. She spat, and that part of her hair returned to its curly origin.
It looked awkward, having straightened hair and one little spot in the middle get curly and frizzy. Without paying any more attention to the girl challenging her, she started fiddling with that one strand of hair. Bending her knees slightly, she tried to avoid falling on her butt as she pressed down on the curly bit with her fingers.
Back to top Go down
Epiales

Epiales

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:31 am

The look of disdain on the girl's face infuriated Tex, and the fact that she didn't even bother to open her mouth didn't help in the slightest. "Oh, I'm sorry princess. Do you not feel like messing up your hair?" She asked, her tone filled with spite. The tension built very quickly as the silence stayed unbroken. No one in the arena dared to speak out of fear for what Tex might do.

After a few moments, Tex sheathed her pugil stick and walked over to the girl. Tex grabbed her arm and roughly shoved the girl into the arena. "When you are out in the world, do you think a hellhound is going to ask whether you want to fight? Do you think a Cyclopes is going to care whether or not you feel like you're above getting your hands dirty? The simple answer is no. You are here at camp to learn how to survive, not to play with your hair." Tex's voice was stern, and her words true. In the real world, you didn't have a choice, so why would you here?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Lainey rolled her eyes as the girl spoke, she was extremely annoying. Perhaps she was an Ares child? She was definitely obnoxious and pushy enough to be one. Lainey could be condescending and slap her into sense, or she could just try to annoy her even more. Now she was in the mood to fight, but she wouldn't let her rage take over and maul her, at least not today.

"Actually I'd rather not, it took me a while to straighten, since its so long and thick."
she ended her sentence by throwing her hair back with her hand and turned around, waiting for her response. Her arm was grabbed and roughly tossed into the arena. She staggered, but remained on her feet and quickly stood up straight. Now she was being lectured about monsters, as if this girl was her old high school principal.

As she spoke, she tied her hair in a bun to avoid damage, in case the girl tried to attack her anyways.

"Well we aren't in the real world right now, we're at a camp to escape the monsters. At least I am, I learned to survive a long time ago, I just didn't feel like dealing with monsters so I came here. But I guess some people like to fight anyways."

She pulled out a long staff out of the case on her back, and tossed the feeble carrier to the side.
"You wouldn't want to make me angry, my mother really shows in me when I do."
Her eyes narrowed.
"You should turn around while you can."
Firmly gripping the staff in her right hand, her left hand was placed on her hip and she grinned at the girl, an arrogant lint in her eye. Thank gods she had taken multiple martial arts classes all her life, and her staff would help her greatly with her training. Able to use such a heavy instrument with agility and grace was her specialty, and the staff she held was almost part of her. Although she didn't look it, she was incredibly strong, especially when she was angry.

The dark gray staff had blades sticking out at top, which Lainey had been hit with plenty of times while practicing before she had mastered her skill. The other end was somewhat flatter, with studs arranged on it. It wasn't enough to impale someone, but it would give a severe bruise or concussion if it hid you hard enough. The rest was pretty basic, with some openings in the middle. The openings were made to make the instrument lighter and more aerodynamic, but Laineys favorite move was to trap someones arm in and twist her staff at full speed.

She was almost excited for the fight now, but again, she had to keep her cool in order to intimidate her opponent. She wouldn't rush in, she would evaluate her strengths and weaknesses along with her opponents, and decide which strategy would work best to earn her another victory.
Back to top Go down
Epiales

Epiales

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:04 pm

The girl's disdain just added to Tex's fury. She wasn't the type to make rash battle decisions, but her anger was going to make sure that this girl would be hurting by the end of the fight. "Well I'm sorry princess. Hair styling isn't a camp activity, however much the Aphrodite children may want it to be." Despite this, she didn't stop the girl from fixing her hair into a bun.

"Guess what girly. You're not going to be here forever. This isn't an escape. This is practice. Monsters are normally kept out, but they can get inside. Every single camper has to always be ready to fight, no matter how they're feeling. If you knew the true meaning of survival, you would not be the person you are." With her last comment, she looked the girl up and down with a slight look of disgust. What she had before her was a pathetic excuse for a demigod. However, when he girl got her weapon out, Tex could help but grin, eager to teach this girl a lesson.

"Unless your mother is the hulk, I'm really not worried sweetheart." Tex stated as she drew out Sok. She twirled the staff in her hands, circling the girl like a shark in the water. Tex's mind was a machine working in overtime, deciphering a battle plan by playing out various scenarios are she observed her opponent. The staff's weight was surprising considering the girl's build, which probably meant she was stronger than she looked. Scanning each end of weapon, she noticed that one was a blunt weapon and the other a sharp one, which was an interesting choice. It would be difficult to coordinate an attack using a specific side, as staffs usually spin while fighting. Neither side really worried Tex, as her custom armor wouldn't have a problem absorbing the impact from the blunt end or defending against the sharp end.

Tex took an experimental swing at the girl, aiming for her right shoulder. If the girl blocked it with her own staff, Tex would swing the opposite end directly towards her, an attack that could put her in danger but would be impossible to block due to the fact that the girl's staff would already be occupied. Sok would either hit the girl's right shoulder or her gut, while Tex was in danger of the blunt end of the staff hitting her in the side, a hit she wasn't really worried about.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:19 am

Lainey smiled as the girl was circling her. It wouldn't do much, unless she wanted to look at her backside. She raised her weapon when her opponent did, and raised an eyebrow. A sok was an interesting choice of weapon, as it wouldn't do catastrophic damage to her, but it would make her hurt.

"Well, her rage channels into me. It almost makes me the hulk, I'm just a little less green." again she had spoken with sarcasm, attempting to throw her opponent into blind rage. If successful, she wouldn't think about her actions and go straight on into attack mode without strategy, which would be an advantage to Lainey.

As she saw a swing coming towards her right shoulder, but jabbing back would leave her wide open, unless she knocked her off her feet. There were three options she was contemplating using, she could swing at her side, leaving her own wide open, she could roll back and dodge, but that wouldn't do anything, or she could sweep her down and take the lead from there.

Luckily, Lainey was a quick thinker, and swung. She quickly ducked and swung at the back of her knees, if she had swung lower she could've jumped, and swinging higher would sent her hurdling towards herself, which was never fun. She swung with full force, and immediately jabbed down towards her legs with the blunt end of her staff, for she wasn't planning to penetrate her deeply with the sharp ends. Without her able to use it in play, her weapon would be useless, so Lainey didn't bother removing it from the battlefield.

Letting her rage take slight control over her, she jabbed hard at her back with the blunt same end she used on her legs. She avoided hitting her spine, and targeted the muscles around it instead.
Back to top Go down
Epiales

Epiales

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:49 pm

Tex gritted her teeth as the exchange took place. Instead of standing her ground like a real fighter, the girl had ducked down, smacking Tex's legs from the back. If it had been anyone else, they would've been downed instantly, making them completely vulnerable, but Tex was not anyone else.

As she fell, she curled her body into a ball and did a combat roll backwards, landing with her staff in one hand and her other of the floor, pushing her up. In a quick motion, she was standing again. Tex saw the girl's staff planted firmly on the ground. It only took her a second to realize that if Tex had not moved, she would have easily been hit in the back by the girl's staff.

"That's sort of a low blow you know." She stated in a matter-of-fact tone. There was no respect in her voice. If you win by playing dirty, you don't really win at all. Tex raised her staff, ready to resume the fight. This time, she stood her ground, waiting for the girl to come to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advantage: Texas (Dallas)   Advantage: Texas (Dallas) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advantage: Texas (Dallas)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The Arena-
Jump to: