Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Take Flight (anna)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Epiales

Epiales

Take Flight (anna) Empty
PostSubject: Take Flight (anna)   Take Flight (anna) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am

Normally, Sasha and Alexander would take their weekly trip to the stables so that they could take a ride on some Pegasi, but that wasn't the case this week. Sasha was laying down, bedridden by a high fever and upset stomach. Alexander would've preferred to stay by her side and help her get better, but she forced him to go to the stables. She wasn't one to be helped anyway. So, here he was, walking down the row of stalls to find the Pegasus he normally rode. "There you are Spades." He stated as he got to the stall that houses the Pegasus.

The horse had brilliant blue wings that shimmered in the light. His counterpart was Hearts, both named after card suits. Neither one belonged to the twins, but they rode them on a regular basis. Hearts had radiant purple feathers on her wings. "Sorry girl, I guess you won't be ridden this week." Alexander said, petting her nose as she dipped in, seemingly disappointed. Alexander wished that he had someone who would ride her. Hearts and Spades rarely flew alone, similar to Alexander and his twin. They just worked well together. Alexander turned as he heard the door to the stables open. He tried to make out the figure stepping through the doorway, but the light from outside made it so that he couldn't see anything but an outline.  
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

Take Flight (anna) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take Flight (anna)   Take Flight (anna) I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 3:10 am

nineintheAFTERNOON
    Iris walked slowly around the camp grounds. The foliage was slowly becoming alive and turning green. It was like the entire campus was waking up after a long and painful hibernation. All people seemed to care about was summer. Iris usually looked forward to it as well. More people showed up while she left to go on one of her many travels. However, she didn't plan on going anyway this time.
     She was getting better at not crying. She could be around people again and eat. Yet, she still felt the pain. Not matter how much she blocked those memories out, the pain demanded to be felt. At night she would wake up from nightmares where she relived Colin's death over and over and over again.
     She made her way to the stables. She wasn't a very animal oriented individual. She was a city kid after all. Back in Austin, the most she really ever dealt with were Grackles. Now she lived only a few steps away from horses.
     She noticed a boy standing in stables. Her instant thought was to turn around and go back to her cabin. She took a deep breathe, paused to compose herself, and continued walking. It was little things like that were beginning to help. Social interactions had horrified her for months now. Finally she was able to say hello to a passerby or give a friendly wave.
     "Hey, horse boy!" she greeted as she approached the guy.

246 Words | Let's do this!
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Epiales

Epiales

Take Flight (anna) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take Flight (anna)   Take Flight (anna) I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 6:29 am

With a grin, Alexander replied "Hey stranger." He kept his hand on Spades' mane, stroking it to keep the pegasus still. "You ever ridden before?" He asked the girl. With Sasha bedridden, Hearts needed a rider.

Alexander took a second to look at the girl he had just met. She was shorter than him, but she had a certain... confidence around her. She was obviously well traveled, and since he had been at camp for 4 years and hadn't seen her, he guessed that the travel was quite often as well.
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

Take Flight (anna) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take Flight (anna)   Take Flight (anna) I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 2:43 pm

nineintheAFTERNOON
    Iris wanted to laugh. Her inexperience was animals wasn't looking good for her at the moment. She assumed that most of the campers knew how to ride while she didn't know the first thing.
     She stared at the Pegasus in front of her. She almost thought he was laughing. Was a horse really teasing her? Could he sense that she was slightly scared? She rolled her eyes and turned back to the boy.
    She didn't recognize him. She didn't know many of the campers to begin with. Sure, she'd see them walking around while she hid from social interaction, but this face was brand new to her. He looked perfectly nice, but yet something seemed off. Iris assumed it was her own fear that made her suspicious.
     "I think I rode a pony once at a fair..." she joked.

138 Words | Short post, sorry.
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Epiales

Epiales

Take Flight (anna) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take Flight (anna)   Take Flight (anna) I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:20 am

Alexander couldn't help but notice a slight eye roll as she looked at Spades. Or maybe she was looking at him. It only took him a second to decide it didn't matter. Her smile was very bright, and it was quite contagious as well. He couldn't help but get a big grin every time he glanced at her lips. That's not to say his smile went away when he wasn't looking, it was more that he was reminded that he was smiling.

"That's no problem. It's surprisingly easy to ride one of these bad boys. Want to have a hand at it?" He asked her. As he was talking, he grabbed a saddle and started strapping it onto Spades. While waiting for a response, he fastened all the belts and buckles that would keep him on the winged horse's back while they flew. There were some that would have to wait until he was actually sitting in the saddle, like the straps meant to keep your legs in place, but he finished the others rather quickly.

"By the way, my name is Alexander, not horse boy." He stated with a smile on his lips and a hint of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Take Flight (anna) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take Flight (anna)   Take Flight (anna) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Take Flight (anna)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The Stables :: Stables-
Jump to: