Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

look upon your greatness (vina)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

look upon your greatness (vina) Empty
PostSubject: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:45 am

Fern quickly ate dinner and then raced to the forest for the capture the flag game. She had been waiting and practicing for this game for months. They hadn't had one in a long time. When she had heard about it, she had almost screamed with joy. She could actually hurt people without getting in trouble. Lately, she had been a good girl because Chiron said if he heard something bad about her, she wasn't allowed to play. She had obeyed being as good as she could muster.

Fern didn't even feel like putting armor on. So what if she got some blood here and there? It didn't matter anyway. Fern quickly got into line with her team, the red team, and took out her dagger. She hadn't used her dagger in awhile. She might've practiced with it or cut her apple with it because plastic knives didn't help, but she didn't really use it to hurt monsters. Or people. Fern quickly slipped on her helmet and grinned. She veins were pulsing with excitement. She had gotten one of the best jobs, going into the field and hurting people. She was happy when her cabin leader assigned her to that job. She must've been watching her during practice.

The conch horn blew, and Fern charged into battle. A few people had the guts and actually tried to challenge Fern. She had beat them in a few minutes, her dagger slicing through the places where there wasn't bronze. She was couldn't stop grinning. Or smirking, as Fern would say.

This game was just too easy for her. She could've found the flag by now and her team could've won. She sighed. Fern was starting to get quite bored, doing the same thing over and over again. Threaten. Hit. Punch. Slice. Basic things over an dover again. Once in awhile she'd flip someone to keep things interesting. Eventually, she stumbled upon a young brunette girl. She smirked, but then faltered. "Karma?" She asked, shock and surprise in her voice.

outfit

Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:38 pm

KARMA ALEXANDER

The thrill of a capture the flag game was different to any other sort of thrill. And Karma had experienced lots of different sorts, so she spoke from a strange sort of experience. There was something so compelling about the feel of heavy armor, the smell of pine trees as the cabin marched into the forest, lining up at their starting position waiting for the conch horn to blow. She found it like a shot of adrenaline, a feeling like no other.

There had been an excited buzz at dinner that evening. Everyone laughing and whispering in excited voices, the secret having been leaked days before. Some didn't think there would be a capture the flag game. They thought it was a rumor started by the cabin leaders. Karma hadn't really known what to think, honestly. But when the banners were brought in, the excitement had infected her too, and she'd cheered like everyone else. It had taken her longer than everyone else to get through the crowd and grab a helmet with a blue plume. People were ignorant, ignoring the girl trying to get through so she could get her armor. Thankfully, one brunette girl pushed her through, shoving other guys and girls out of the way until she was at the tables. She'd turned to say thanks, but the brunette was already slinking into the hoards of campers.

Since it was her first Capture the Flag game, Karma had one of her half-brothers explain to her exactly what was going to happen. As he talked, it had just seemed more and more enjoyable. The whole concept of the game was... amazing. She'd asked questions, he'd answered, and then he had strapped up one side her armor that he said was crooked and led the way out to the forest. Trailing behind him, she pulled the helmet over her head and gripped her necklace chain tightly. She didn't want to bring the weapon forward- she just wanted to play with the chain nervously as she lined up with the rest of her cabin.

There was only a little chatter as everyone got ready to spring into the trees. They were all too focused on hearing the conch horn. Despite the fact she was listening hard, Karma ended up missing the original sound, only realizing the game was beginning when everyone else surged forward, leaving her in the dust. Sprinting forward, she had ran a different route to everyone else, heading through the bushes instead of the beaten track.

There were sounds all around her, but she was focused on ones which came from behind her, or beside her. Most came from the distance, the sounds of campers fighting. It brought a grin to her face, the fact she could hear weapons clashing against weapons, and she didn't even need her dagger. Not because she hadn't come across anyone else (Which she hadn't). But because she didn't need a weapon to beat someone in a fight. That was just the way it was- the luck of the draw.

Everything was perfect, she was heading in the direction of where she knew the red team would have probably left the flag, until the sound of leaves and branches cracking to her side caught her attention. Before she could so much as get a good look into the bushes, the person making the noise crashed through the foliage. Blonde hair, barbie features... her first thought was to label the girl an Aphrodite camper from the other team. But when the girl said her name, she second guessed herself. Studied the girl more...

Memories of a blonde flooded into her mind. A blonde who she played with, running around a large backgarden and being pushed on rickety swings. She hadn't seen Fern in a long time, but if she tried to think of her older than she was way back when... well, this would be her image.

'Fern?'

She laughed a little, disbelieving as she took in the older girls features. Especially the red plume on top of her helmet. It didn't matter to Karma, you see, that this was her cousin. What mattered was the fact at some point or another during this little exchange they'd probably be forced into a fight, and she was determined to be the one who came out victor.

'I didn't expect to see you here, that's for sure...' She tilted her head to the side, curiously stepping closer to the other girl, 'What are you doing?'

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Fern remembered the days they had spent together when they were younger. They would sometimes bully the neighborhood kids, and satisfied with their work, they would get ice cream. She missed those day when they were both so innocent. Fern was different at the beginning, but eventually she changed. She turned into her step-mother and Karma. She didn't care that she changed. She preferred her life this way. It was easier and safer this way. She didn't want to see her heart broken. She didn't want to appear weak. She didn't want to see the ones she loved died because of her.

Fern saw the color of her plume. She grinned, trying to look happy. To be honest, Fern didn't really want to fight her cousin. She was her one of her favorite cousins (the only one she met so far). Fern rolled her eyes at her cousin. "What does it look like I'm doing here? I playing Capture the Flag." She said, flipping her hair dramatically over her shoulder. "What else would I be doing?" She said, trying to make it sound obvious. Fern took a good look at her cousin. She looked different then the last time she saw here. That was a while ago though. What surprised her the most though, was that she never saw her around camp. Not in the Mess Hall. Not in the cabin courtyard.

Fern quickly thought of ways to attack her cousin. She didn't want to hurt her too much though. It was either her cousin or winning. The answer was obvious enough for Fern. Winning was more important to her. She had to find out Karma's godly parentage to help her. If it was Aphrodite, that would be easy enough. "Who's your mom or dad or whatever?" Fern asked, looking at her nails. She tried to look bored, even though she really wasn't She was ready to attack anyone at any moment. Her blood was filled with adrenaline. Her blue eyes had a crazy look in them. Fern loved capture the flag.

outfit

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:32 am

KARMA ALEXANDER

and i don't know where i'm going but i know it's gonna be a long time,
and i'll be leaving in the morning come the white wine bitter sunlight...

Karma hadn't seen Fern for more than five years, at least. When she was younger, her father would bring her to see his brother and his daughter. The first time, she could remember dimly, she'd been frightened of the blonde, worried about how she was going to be. They'd ended up clicking immediately- something about the two of them had been familiar, a sort of kinship. Afterwards, she'd looked forward to her trips down to Fern's house more and more.

Course, they'd had to stop after Fern's father and step-mother died. She hadn't understood for a long time, why she never saw her "best friend" anymore. Her father never really exlained why. She'd found out eventually, of course. Nothing was ever said about Fern though. Just that her parents had died, and she wasn't staying with relatives. She was staying somewhere else. Clearly, she'd been staying here. It was unbelievable... shocking. Knowing that the whole time she'd been wondering where her cousin was, the whole time she was slowly but surely putting her out of her mind, she'd been here, swordfighting, taking part in camp games, all that stuff.

And now, here they both were. Grown up. Older. Probably supposed to be more mature and all, but Karma couldn't really speak for Fern.

'Really? I wouldn't have guessed. Clearly I thought you were out here selling ice cream,' the younger girl laughed, raising an eyebrow at the blonde, 'Why are you flipping your hair? I'm not a guy. So you aren't gonna impress me or anything.'

She didn't want to fight one of her only blood relatives. But it wasn't really that simple. From her understanding of Capture the Flag, it was fight or flight. And Karma had long since promised herself never to run away like a child again. She had to be brave, she had to face whatever was thrown her way rather than run. So, given the whole red team/blue team thing, she was almost positive that they wouldn't exchange too many words before weapons clashed. If it went her way, she was going to win.

'No offense, but you look like you should be in a cabin getting a manicure and pedicure, maybe blow drying your hair or something.'

Karma grinned a little, an expression which didn't quite reach her eyes. They were focused on how Fern moved, how she stood. Judging her strength, judging how much of a fighter she was. Course, she wouldn't know for sure until they fought, but she was piecing together her own conclusions, grasping at whatever she could so when it came down to the nitty gritty she had some sort of an idea of the other girls strengths and weaknesses.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Karma kicked at the leaves and sticks on the ground like she didn't really care, staring intently down at them.

'Hecate,' she stated flatly, raising her head to look at Fern again, eyes narrowed, 'I'd guess Aphrodite for you, cousin, but maybe you're going to prove me wrong.'
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:09 am

Karma looked different than the last time Fern had saw her. That was of course at least five or six years. She had gotten taller obviously, but she still had the little Karma in her facial features. Fern supposed the she looked different also. She had gotten taller but her blonde hair was left alone. When she was younger, she would have two low-pigtails to throw around.

Fern still remembered when they would play together. They would do each other's hair, play with Barbie dolls. She had thrown them out before she came to camp because she wanted to forget her past life, she wanted to forget everything. But now that Karma was here, Karma was a memory that she could never get rid of. It wasn't that she hated her cousin because she loved her and missed her. It was that she didn't want to remember when they played together because Holly and her father would be there talking to Karma's father.

Over the past few years at camp, Fern would wonder what had happened to her dear cousin. It would happen every once in a while, but she wouldn't dwell on the thought. She would forget about the thought a few seconds after she remembered. Fern wondered though, what happened to Karma's father? Was he still alive? If he was, she was a lucky duck. She actually still had someone from her past life.

Fern rolled her eyes at her cousin. "No, I thought you were a guy." She said sarcastically, putting her hands on her hips. "And I was trying to be dramatic, little cousin." Fern replied, ruffling her cousin's hair.

Fern stared at her cousin. She still looked girly from the last time she had seen her. Karma didn't really look like a fighter. Fern remembered when she used to look like that. She still looked like she could fight, that she was helpless, weak, a damsel in distress at time. But she would always prove them wrong. She liked proving people wrong. She always loved to be right.

Fern rolled her eyes at her cousin again. "Beauty is one of the factors of being manipulative. You should now that by now." She said, winking.

She wasn't looking forward to fighting her cousin.  Even though she didn't look like a fighter, Fern could be wrong. She hoped she wasn't, because that would make it ten times easier. She took her dagger out in case Karma wanted to just jump her. Fern had fast reflexes, but Karma could be faster. Fern's eyebrows went up when she said Hecate. Hecate. That would be a bit harder to beat then she thought. Fern's mother wouldn't be able to help her at all in the fight with Karma. Thanks a lot mom, She thought to herself.

Anger burned in Fern's eyes when she said Aphrodite. She always hated those girl. Dumb. Weak. Stupid. Pretty. Those were the first few words that came to mind whenever someone said Aphrodite. Fern quickly pushed anger down and smiled. "I'm too pretty for them, but nope not Aphrodite. Nemesis." She said, her smile growing wider.

outfit

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:52 am

KARMA ALEXANDER

and i don't know where i'm going but i know it's gonna be a long time,
and i'll be leaving in the morning come the white wine bitter sunlight...

'Because I'm so manly, mhm,' Karma's voice dripped with sarcasm, so thick it was almost tangible, 'Dramatic, yeah, sure. Dramatic isn't flipping your hair- that just makes you look like a stereotypical Aphrodite kid.'

She was going to add a little more, but her cousins hand reached out and ruffled her hair. Karma backed up quickly, frowning at the blonde and raising a hand to quickly brush her brunette locks back into place.

Having Fern stare at her was incredibly uncomfortable. Kicking at the ground some more, the brunette averted her eyes from her cousin. But she could still feel the heat of her stare, could still tell that the blonde was watching her. Watching her why? Oh, right. She was probably doing the exact same as she had been doing- watching for a reaction, watching to see what her strengths and weaknesses were.

For the first time in a long time, Karma was hoping that the girl in front of her would completely underestimate her. Usually, she found herself pissed off over how people saw her. A child, nothing more. But here she was, wishing that Fern would see her as that too. Because, despite how goddamn annoying it was, it was a strength. It was a card she could play. The weakling. It was something which could help her win when this came to the fight it was going to inevitably turn too.

She snorted unattractively, muffling giggles with the back of her hand. Beauty and manipulation. Well, Fern had definitely changed. The Fern she remembered wore pigtails and held her hand crossing the street to the ice cream truck. The Fern she remembered had warm hands, but not the sweaty sort of warm, the nice, comfortable sort of warm. A thought popped into her head then. Did Fern still have warm hands? She dismissed it quickly, mentally calling herself an idiot, but it was still there, at the back of her head. Did she? Or had the world hardened her... were they cold now, just like the rest of her?

'One of the factors... so there are other factors to being manipulative?' There was a curious sort of undertone to Karma's voice, a thirst for knowledge. Sure, she liked to think she could be manipulative, but every little helped.

Karma shifted her weight ever so slightly, making it easier for herself to move when the time came to fight. She was hoping that Fern didn't notice the shift, that she hadn't seen her preparing herself, but when she focused once more on her cousin she saw that she'd got out a dagger. So she was preparing herself too.

A cold, merciless laugh forced its way from her throat, and she raised one plucked eyebrow at her cousin. Her voice was dark as she pointed at the dagger.

'You know, I don't need a weapon to win in a fight with you, cousin. Maybe you should quit while you're ahead...'

She barely caught the slight sign of anger in Fern, concentrating now on the dagger in her hands. But she did, and her gaze flickered curiously back to Fern's eyes, wondering what had caused the look of anger which had briefly passed through them. Hm... a problem with Aphrodite, perhaps?

'I'm not going to comment on your whole too pretty for them thing, but interesting. Very, very interesting,' Nemesis. Goddess of revenge, if memory served correctly (Which it usually did). Karma found this little piece of information valuable, but at the same time it provided very little in the way of answers. Her first thought would be that Nemesis wasn't that strong a Goddess, so she'd have the upper hand. But, then again, what if Fern had gifts that she wasn't aware of, related to her mother? It was almost worrisome, that not even knowing her cousins heritage would help her find out the girls strengths or weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 3:43 pm

"Maybe if you cut most of your hair you would looked a bit manly." The demigod laughed. Fern didn't really mean it of course. She loved her cousin. She had missed her all these years without her. It was kind of weird though how Karma had been here this entire time.

Fern rolled her eyes at her cousin. "How long have you been here, Karma?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. She laughed again when her cousin put her hair back into place. "Yeah, I'm the one that looks like an Aphrodite kid." She muttered, rolling her eyes.

She smirked while she watched Karma. She looked uncomfortable which Fern enjoyed. Fern had just been trying to estimate her god parent. But before she had noticed he cousin staring at her. She had just guessed that she was looking at how different she looked. Fern did a look a bit different, but she had just ignored her cousin's stare.

Was she really that intimidating? Fern had always thought that she was intimidating when she wanted to be. But not when she was just staring. She found it funny actually. You'd think she'd be sweet ad all when on the inside, she'd hurt you slowly and happily. Luckily, she hadn't done that in awhile so she could join the Capture the Flag game.

Fern remembered her first Capture the Flag game. It had been a few years ago. She was on the blue team, but her team had won. Her job was to just watch the flag, but no one had found the flag. She still remembered that day. She had been talking to an older kid that day from the Demeter cabin. He had been quite boring actually, but she didn't have anything else to do during the game.

Fern laughed loudly that some people started staring at her before returning to the game. She rolled her blue eyes at them before she looked back at Karma. "Of course there are sweetie." She responded, smiling. She sounded curious which made Fern remind her of herself.

Fern looked up at her cousin. She didn't need a weapon. Oh right, daughter of Hecate. Fear started swelling in her chest, but she looked calm on the outside. She tried to look calm and cool when she was really terrified of her cousin. She silently scolded herself in her mind. Stop being a baby. This is a fight you've been waiting for, She thought to herself. "I'll never quit. Only cowards quit," Fern responded confidently. She didn't know where she suddenly got the confidence to say that, but she hoped that the confidence would help her win the fight.

outfit

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: look upon your greatness (vina)   look upon your greatness (vina) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

look upon your greatness (vina)
Page 1 of 1