Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

What a night to be alive (May)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

What a night to be alive (May) Empty
PostSubject: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Son of Hecate
The night was  clear, no clouds in sight. The stars twinkled from lightyears away. The small clearing in the trees formed a small circle around a slightly large boulder. The moonlight and starlight combined bathed the boulder in a silver glow, turning the grey color of the rock luminescent. The grass surrounding it was obviously new, the terrain recovering from a very chilly winter. It was a very peaceful scene, very movie-like.

As if the cliche of the visual had to worsen, the picture was interrupted by a cloaked figure. Black-dressed and bustling, the figure drew nearer to the rock, cloak flapping behind it. As it reached the rock it turned slightly to the left, slightly to the right and then deemed that nobody was in the vicinity. Then, it bent over the rock and set down a medium cauldron. It rested upon the rock with a small clang. The figure still did not remove the hood which was drawn up over his head, covering his face in a mask of complete darkness. Suddenly there was a flash of silver light as something reflected the moon into the empty woods. A knife was drawn.

-            -            -            -            -

Toby awoke in a small sweat. He had faint memory of how he ended up where he was, but he found himself on the floor of his cabin. His last memory was of the leaves rustling in a petite breeze. He peeled himself off the floor and stood. He found that his knees were wobbly, feeling very weak. And he had a pounding headache. He closed his eyes and stood there, rubbing his temples for a moment or two. He staggered over to his bedside table and grabbed his wand and tucked it away.

Although the sunlight was killing him, Toby made his way to the mess hall. The chattering voices of the people were like pile drivers in his ears. He searched quickly for some coffee. He felt as hungover as the time that he had had those beers in downtown New York City. Shaking his head, he continued down the lines of tables until he found a small cup. He grabbed it and breathed the word "coffee" into it. Just as his lips released those words, the cup filled almost to the brim with a steaming hot brown liquid, exactly to his preference. Not caring of temperature, he began to gulp it down.

After drinking the beverage and gaining some energy, he stood up. He was no longer weak, but still felt slightly used and worn. Whatever he had done the night before must have taken energy from him. He squinted and began to walk out of the hall, but as he pulled the door open, someone else came barging through it in the opposite direction, and Toby piled into the person like he had run into a wall.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:39 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: ooc here
WEARING: outfit
WORDCOUNT: xxx
i'm just a kid and life is a nightmare

Finnegan sits on his bunk, reading an old and battered copy of The Catcher in the Rye. He has read the book a million times, but it is still one of his all time favorites, and he will probably never stop reading it.

After a few more minutes, well around an hour he finishes his book. Stretching out his arms,he tosses it on his night stand, and then slowly climbs off his bunk. After stretching a bit more, he changes into a fresh pair of jeans and a Captain America tee shirt. He grabs a jacket, and slips his feet into a pair of Vans, as he makes his way out of the cabin. When he has left the cabin, he sets his course for the mess hall.

Walking through camp, Finnegan becomes lost in his own little world of thoughts. So lost, that he does not see a group of campers ahead of him and he ends up colliding with them. After a few harsh words, and a shove he finds himself stumbling along the path. Landing flat on his stomach, he takes a few minutes to rest before getting up. He then continues to the mess hall, where he collides with another person who is exiting as he is entering.

Stumbling back, Finnegan falls flat on his ass and lets out a few swear words. "This has not been my day"he mumbles as he slowly stands up and begins to brush dirt off of himself. He then turns to look at the other person, his bad mood vanishes as he sees who it is. "Hi Toby"he says with a smile as he moves closer to the other boy. "I haven't seen you for ages, how are you?"he asks with a small smile.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Son of Hecate
When Toby first bumped into the person, he didn't give it much thought other than how he didn't want to be delayed on his way to his cabin. To him, it was just another impediment and he wanted to leave. Especially today. But, Toby was not a rude man. He knew he must apologize and make right what he had done wrong. And so, sighing, Toby brushed his hair from his face (he did not feel in the mood to style it up that day), and he looked at who he had bumped into. Upon seeing the boy, however, his response changed.

His heart did the typical beat-skipping as it does when one sees an unexpected surprise. His eyes dilated, and he suddenly felt a mix of emotions flood into him. Whether they were good or bad, he was not sure. He knew that he was very sorry for knocking his boyfriend on his ass. He also knew that he was angry. Angry because after a night of love, Toby did not see Finnegan for a long while, perhaps weeks. Finnegan didn't have the best sense of time, very self-absorbed and in his own world. Still, it wasn't any excuse to forget his boyfriend. Toby was also scared. This was one emotion for which he had no reason. All he knew was that he was frightened, as if he had something and he did not want Finnegan to know of it or take it from him. But, he did not know what.

"Oh, hello," Toby responded, all too quickly. He stepped to Finnegan's side and took a hold of his arm, pulling the rather thin boy to stand. Toby's own muscles were definitely more voluminous than his friend's, but he still thought Finnegan's own body was perfect. "Sorry about that." For a second time, Toby sighed. "Well, I'm good, I suppose..." He paused for a moment, looking at some campers going about their business across the yard. He broke his gaze from them to look down at his dirt-ridden shoes. "You might know how I am doing if you would bother to check in on me," he muttered. He turned his head to the side, halfway turning away from the boy.

It wasn't that he wasn't happy to see Finnegan, but it was that he was. To see Finnegan shouldn't be this big thing, it should be normal for them to see each other. But, because it was a rarity for them to see each other, Toby often got excited whenever the got a chance. And it shouldn't be that way, to him.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:53 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan smiles lightly and gently kisses the boy on his check. "I'm sorry about not spending time with you, I've been busy"he says quietly. It's not entirely a lie, but a majority of it is false. He wouldn't say he's been particularly busy these past few weeks, just distracted. And honestly, he's sort of been avoiding the other boy. He just got the vibe that Toby was a bit annoyed the last time they spent a night together, and he figured he'd give him some space and time to cool off. Of course that amount of time turned out to be much larger than he expected.

Hearing the boy answer his question, Finnegan raises an eyebrow. "I suppose" that makes it sound like he hasn't been that good. He feels a general concern for the other boy, and hopes it's not because of himself. "That doesn't sound good. What's wrong?"he asks looking at the other boy. He then nervously bites his lip as he waits for an answer.

Finnegan then looks at the other boy, his smile widening as an idea forms in his mind. "I know we haven't spent time together lately, and I will take the blame for that"he says slowly. "But how about we spend the day together, in the city? We can just walk around, maybe go to a museum? I honestly don't care what we do, I just want to spend time with you Toby"he says grabbing the boy's hand and squeezing it.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Son of Hecate
Toby did not turn to look at Finnegan right away, but he could see out of the corner of his eye a flash of white teeth exposed in a smile. Why was he smiling? Did he think it was funny that they never saw each other? Was it just some sort of thing to show up for a day and then disappear for weeks? Toby didn't think it very funny. In fact, his face lit up a bit red, and he clenched his square jaw. Plus, as if to invigorate Toby further, Finnegan said he was busy. Busy. What a typical excuse for everyone to use. If it was true, then he could have dropped by to tell him that he wouldn't be available for a few weeks, rather than just disappearing. Further, if he was lying, which Toby suspected, then that just goes to show how much Toby seems to be worth to Finnegan.

"What's wrong?" Toby repeated Finnegan's question back at him. "What's wrong?" he raised his voice, as if he was getting agitated. He squeezed his eyes shut, feeling his face growing hotter. He opened his eyes and turned to Finnegan, opening his mouth to speak, but got cut off when he saw Finnegan smiling again. It caught Toby off guard, seeing the goofy and charming smile before him. He was even more shocked when he heard Finnegan speak.

As he listened to the words Finnegan spoke, Toby's face became less and less red and reverted back to its usual pale visage. He wanted to spend time with him? He couldn't really believe the audacity of this boy, but he still found it great. His emotions began to lift off his shoulders, and there was an obvious change in the boy's overall air. He scrunched his eyebrows together, focusing on Finnegan as he spoke, but the corners of his mouth twitched skyward. At Finnegan's last line, Toby felt a quiver in his heart, and when Finnegan's warm hands found Toby's ice-cold ones, it sent a wave through Toby's body.

There was just one problem. Toby was exhausted. If he spent a whole day in New York City, it would probably kill him. The people, the noise... It all made Toby's stomach do an uncomfortable turn. And yet, Toby felt that he was willing to sacrifice his physical well-being to aid his emotional well-being by spending time with Finnegan. He would just have to pretend like he wasn't feeling bad. Conceal. Don't feel. Don't let it show. He sighed for the third and hopefully final time. He looked from their intertwined hands to Finnegan's eyes. "Alright. Let's go," he agreed, nodding slightly.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:05 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan bites his lip nervously and let's his gaze fall towards his feet. He notices the anger in Toby's voice, and he is not sure how to respond with out making the boy even angrier. Hearing him repeat his question, is enough for Finnegan to look up at the other boy. "I'm sorry Toby"he says quietly as he looks at the other boy. "I've been a terrible boyfriend"he adds, he then takes a deep breath and continues to speak. "I don't have an excuse either, so I'm not going to stand here and try to give you a reason why, when I don't have one"he says his voice trailing off at the end.

"Maybe, we shouldn't go to the city today"he says quietly as he watches the other boy. "You don't like to thrilled to go. Should we just stay here?"he asks raising an eyebrow. He then lets his gaze wander from the other boy, and he finds himself looking at all the places and people around them. He notices that most people walk by them, and just ignore what's going on probably because they don't care. Yet a few people slow down long enough to shoot a nasty look or glare, and there is the rare look of kindness, but that's very rare.

"What ever we decided to do, let's not stay here. People are giving us strange looks"he says to the other boy. Finnegan then leans forward on the balls of his feet, before leaning back on his heals, he repeats his motion a few times, swinging his arms as he does it. The movements probably look extremely idiotic, but honestly he has no idea what else to do. He's nervous, and he can never stay still when nervous, so he might as well figure out some way to move.

coded by sapphire

Last edited by ML on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby looked at Finnegan. He seemed a bit put-out. It was probably because Toby had gotten mad, which was understandable. It filled Toby with a sense of regret. He didn't want to make the boy unhappy, no matter what. Toby shifted on his feet uncomfortably. He didn't really know what to say, but he didn't want to cancel their plans. His fingers moved slowly over Finnegan's dry hand that was holding his.

When Toby heard Finnegan say he was a terrible boyfriend, there was a pang in his heart. "No, don't say that," Toby responded, very quickly. "No. You're not. Don't let me make you think you are," he said, sternly. Gods, he hated himself now. This day was not starting out well, and he couldn't handle it. He felt so bad. But he wasn't going to cry, not again. There was too much crying.

"Let's go to the city, like you suggested," said Toby. He listened to Finnegan's next words, then looked around. It was true. There were campers scattered here and there either looking at them and giggling or looking at them with an expression of disgust. Instinctively, Toby dropped Finnegan's hand. He hated being the center of attention so much, and this probably wasn't helping. If by letting go of Finnegan's hand it hurt his feelings, then Toby didn't even realize.

The son of Hecate drew in a breath. "Get a cab, and I'll meet you on the hill in a little while. I'm not, uh, dressed," he explained. He moved about an inch forward to kiss Finn's cheek, but paused. He looked around again at all the faces turned towards the couple. Then he quickly brushed past Finn and began towards his cabin as quickly as his aching legs could take him.

There was so much regret and sadness in him that when he arrived to his cabin, he darted to the restroom and vomited. He wiped his face and rinsed his mouth with mouthwash and then brushed his teeth. He went to his room and quickly changed into a long-sleeved shirt. He felt way too exposed without it. The whole time he was fixing himself up, he was thinking over their conversation. He felt so bad for making Finnegan feel bad, but even worse because he was a hypocrite. He was lying to Finnegan about many things. Well, he wasn't really lying, but withholding the truth. He didn't want to go out with Finnegan that day because he was exhausted from what he had been doing the previous night. Furthermore, Toby was on the verge of telling Finnegan to just not bother seeing him at all anymore.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 8:27 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan lets out a small sigh and looks at Toby. "Really? You weren't thinking that a few minutes ago"he mutters staring at the boy. He can't help but feel like the boy is only telling him to not say that, because he doesn't want to upset him. And honestly it's starting to bother Finnegan, he's noticed it happening a few other times. And honestly it's a bit upsetting and confusing. Is he too sensitive or something? Because it seems like Toby is just saying things to keep him happy. And he just does not understand why he is doing it.

"Okay, what will we do?"he asks the boy. He then nervously bites his lip, as he watches the other boy. The amount of looks is growing higher, so he tries to focus on Toby instead of the looks they're getting. He forms a fist, and shoves it into the pocket of his jacket. He then nervously taps his foot as he watches the other boy. "I was thinking that we could go to a movie, and then maybe just wander around for a bit? Perhaps stay the night?"he says raising his eyebrow. He knows that saying that in front of a lot of people, isn't wise but honestly Finnegan doesn't care.

"I'll do that"he says quietly as he leans over to kiss the boy on a cheek. "See you later"he says as he walks away towards the hill. He walks over the crest, and enters the mortal world. Hailing a cab he gets in, "I'm waiting for someone, they shouldn't be too long"he tells the driver. He then leans back against the seat and lets out a sigh. After a while, the cab driver asks if he is sure that his friend is coming. "I'm sure, he wouldn't stand me up. He's just ruining late. He'll be here"he says to the driver as he bites his lip. "Toby where are you?"he whispers as he turns to look out the window. He didn't stand him up, right? He wouldn't do that.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby stared at himself in the full-body mirror which was propped up stiffly in the corner of his room. Although the dim light made it hard to see, Toby could see all of his flaws perfectly in it. People thought his jaw was strange, the way it seemed pushed forward. His height compared to his body mass was odd and disproportionate. His hunched shoulders, his tiny eyes. The way his faced looked pushed down his forehead. Even though in reality he was quite attractive, he only saw these extremely nit-picky things about him, and due to his mental illness he blew them out of proportion.

Finally he tore his eyes from the mirror. He shuffled over to his bed and sat down. He leaned over and began to tie on his shoes. They were his typical all-black vans, paired with his black jeans. He wore a long-sleeved grey shirt which had a v-neck cut. Once he finished tying his shoes he grabbed a pair of sunglasses and stuck them on, wanting to hide his muddy-brown eyes. Plus, it would help cover up the beaming hellish ball of fire that people called the sun.

Once finished with his attire, he stood and made his way out of his cabin. As soon as he stepped out of the dark and into the light, he could feel the beams trying to push through his sunglasses. He ignored it the best he could and began across the freshly-grown grass. His sight was set on Half-Blood Hill where Finnegan was likely waiting for him already. Suddenly, his line of vision was blocked and the sun's rays no longer focused on Toby when someone tall transected his path. Toby's eyes only reached about the boy's chest, and as he lifted them he withdrew a couple steps, also taking the sunglasses from his nose.

"Quit it," the boy said. The voice was child-like, but gruff as if worn by constant shouting. Toby recognized it almost instantly. It was one of Finnegan's half-brothers, the one who despised Toby and often used very degrading words to describe him. "Quit. it."

"Quit what?" Toby snapped back. He lost all patience for this guy a long time ago.

"Quit gaying up my sibling. I mean it. Back off. You need to either stop doing what you are doing, or stop breathing."

Toby irritably made a very rude gesture concerning a particular finger, and then began to stomp away. Only when he was three steps away did the back of his collar stretch backwards and Toby was yanked by his neck.

---

Toby reached the top of Halfblood hill, standing at the boundary separating his world from the other. His pants were splotched with dirt, but since they were black it wasn't immediately noticeable. Also, his ribs ached and his breath was in short gasps. Under his shirt the next day there would likely be many purple splotches.

Toby began to descend the hill, catching site of the cab. His pace hastened, knowing he was already late. He finally came upon the car and yanked open the door. He slid into the seat beside Finnegan, but whenever he saw the boy his mind only flashed back to the incident in camp. The words still rang. Stop gaying him. What an odd verb to use, but it was still effective. Toby was severely rattled.

"Sorry that I'm late," Toby breathed. He quickly looked out the window without another word as the car began to roll forward.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan sighs and rests his head against the window, as he keeps his eyes out for Toby. It's been close to a half hour, he's probably not coming. Sighing he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his wallet. He pulls out a twenty and starts to hand it to the driver. "I guess he's not coming, sorry for making you wait"he mumbles. Just then he looks out the window to see Toby. >"Wait never mind. He's here"he says as he puts the money back in his wallet.

Finnegan slides over and buckles his seatbelt, and watches as Toby gets into the cab. He smiles lightly and licks his lip and looks over at Toby. "I thought you we're going to stand me up"he whispers looking at the other boy. He then nervously bites his lip and looks at the boy. He studies the boy for a bit and determines that there is something wrong. "Toby, what's wrong?"he asks the boy.

His gaze flickers down wards, towards his feet but he can't help but notice dirt stains on the other boy's pants. He knits his eyebrows together in confusion and looks up at his boy friend. "What happened? You're covered in dirt. You're clothes earlier were a lot cleaner than these"he says to the boy, a look of concern spreading across his face.

After a while they reach the city. Sighing, Finnegan pays the cab driver, a rate steeper than usual because he had to wait for so long. He then steps out of the cab and waits for Toby. "So where are we going?"he asks him. Finnegan then stands there, swaying back and forth waiting for the boy to say something.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby's eyes travel from the outside of the window to Finnegan and watch him sadly. He began to smile, but flinched. Finnegan was so cute, but after what just happened to Toby, he couldn't afford to get too close to Finnegan. What if he got hurt just like Toby did? He wouldn't be able to live with himself anymore.

"I would never stand you up," Toby assured him. He lifted his hand and touched his palm to his boyfriend's cheek. The worn skin of his palm against the smooth skin of Finnegan's cheek was a strange contrast. Figuring it probably felt weird for Finnegan, Toby dropped his hand into his lap. "Nothing is wrong," he said, drawing up a smile from somewhere deep deep inside.

After a couple moments of silence, Toby's head started to turn back to the window. Finnegan, however, once again began to speak. Toby glanced down at his clothes. "Yeah, sorry." He wondered if Finnegan thought he picked them out of the dirty clothes hamper. Quickly, he added, "I sort of just fell down on my way. I'm too clumsy." He quickly looked out the window again before Finnegan could speak, hopefully to discourage further inquiries.

As they came to a stop in downtown New York City a couple hours later, Toby could already feel the effects of the increase of people. He pulled the handle on the cab door and pushed it open. The sounds suddenly flooded into his ears as he left the car, and he scrunched together his eyebrows. Everything was so distracting. Toby didn't know how anyone could function in a place like this.

"Wherever you want to go is fine with me," Toby responded after a while. He took Finnegan by the hand and began to walk with him down the sidewalk so that they didn't look totally strange standing in one place.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:38 am

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan smiles lightly and looks at Toby. "Okay, whatever you say"he says quietly. Of course, he is having a hard time believing that Toby is telling the truth, just based on his mannerism. Yet, he won't ask any further, as he doesn't want to sound annoying.

When Toby pulls him down the street, Finnegan smiles and lets out a small laugh. But then he accidentally bumps into a few people, and recieves some nasty glares. "Whoa, slow down. I can walk you know"he says with a small laugh as he comes to a stop. He then looks around for a place to go. Honestly, whenever he comes to the city, he spends his time looking for old comics. But based on past experience he knows that Toby will not enjoy that, so he can save that trip for next time.

Rubbing the side of his head he scans both sides of the street, before his eyes land on a clothing store. Usually he pays no attention to clothing stores, however this one has a Captain American shirt in the window. Smiling, he points to the store. "I want to go there!"he exclaims. He then basically runs to the store, what can he say he gets excited about superhero shirts.

Entering the store, Finnegan immediately begins to search for the superhero tee shirts. As it turns out, the store mainly sells other clothing, but it does have a few superhero clothing items. He then busies himself with looking through the various items, trying to find something that he does not already own. Eventually he comes across a Captain America shirt missing from his collection. Pulling it out of the pile he unfolds it and holds it up to his chest, as he looks into the mirror. Looking up, he notices Toby behind him and he smiles. "What do you think?"he asks the boy.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby keeps a hold of Finnegan's hand as they walk, but he does slow down as to not drag the boy along. As they walk, Toby can feel various stranger's shoulders brush against his, and it makes him uncomfortable. The only person he could stand being very close to him was Finnegan, and so he drew the boy closer to him so that he knew he was there, and somehow it comforted him. Kind of like when kids hug stuffed animals. They can't really do anything, but its good to know that they are there, and it somehow eases tension.

Suddenly, like a dog seeing a fire-hydrant, Finnegan darts to the side, entering a clothing store. Toby had never seen Finnegan get excited about clothes in his life. It was really strange, but Toby didn't resist. He weaved through the people going down the sidewalk so that he could get to the entrance. Maybe he could get some clothes while they were here. Toby wasn't the type to shop every day to get clothes and wear the most popular brands, but he did appreciate them. Toby liked to look nice and feel good about himself whenever that was even possible.

Upon entering the store, Toby noticed a Captain America t-shirt in the window. He shook his head and laughed quietly to himself. If it wasn't about superheroes, then it wasn't Finnegan. Toby should have known that. He walked further into the store, crossing the sections until he found the men's. He saw Finnegan digging through racks of clothes, so he began to browse by himself. There were all sorts of brands, which the boy didn't really care about. So, he just began to walk between the racks scanning the items until he came across anything he liked. Almost immediately, he came across a purple plaid button-down with short sleeves. Although he did not admire the short sleeves, the shirt looked very nice on the manikin. Hopefully, it would look just as nice on him. He found the corresponding shirt on the shelf under the manikin and removed the one that was his size. Then, he began to browse for some pants to go along with it.

When he had found some, he began to make his way back to Finnegan. He liked being in this store much more than outside. He had never shopped with Finn before, but it wasn't a bad way to pass the time. It was peaceful, and he liked a little bit of self-indulgence every once in a while. Once he got back to Finn, he found the boy looking at himself in the mirror with a shirt laid out on his chest. Toby let a smile turn the corners of his mouth up.

"It looks great," he said. He gestured to Finnegan. "Come on, I'm going to try these on. You could try that on too, I suppose." Toby took the boy's hand and began towards the changing rooms. He didn't really mind sharing one with Finnegan, since it wasn't like it wasn't anything they've never seen before (OOC: that was a weird sentence oh my god forgive me).

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 9:42 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan continues to smile as he folds the shirt over his arm. He then turns to look at the rack, he selects a few of the other superhero shirts, and folds them over his arms. He owns most of them already, but they're not for him. He is going to try to see if Toby will buy one of them.  He just feels like the other boy will look good in them.

Finnegan giggles and follows Toby to the changing room. Once inside he looks over at the other boy, he then hands him the stack of superhero tee shirts. "Try these on? Please"he says with a small smile. He then sets the shirts down on the bench. He then moves behind the other boy, and continues to scoot closer to him. He then starts to gently kiss his neck.

After a few minutes, Finnegan playfully shoves the other boy away. "Toby stop it"he says through a small fit of laughter. He then focuses his attention on the stack of clothing on the bench. He picks up one of the button down shirts and pulls it on. Standing in front of the mirror, he slowly buttons it. He then stares at his reflection trying to decide if he likes it. "I don't know, I feel weird"he mumbles as he stares at his reflection. Something about a long sleeve button down shirt, just doesn't appeal to Finnegan. He'd much rather stick to his superhero shirts.

Sighing, he slowly unbuttons the shirt and hangs it back on a hanger. Grabbing a tee shirt, he pulls it on and looks in the mirror. He then smiles lightly, this is much better. More comfortable, and more him. "This is a lot better"he says quietly. Taking off the shirt, he folds it and then picks up another shirt to try on. After trying on a few shirts he has built a small pile of tee shirts that he wants to buy, but not any button downs or any other type of shirt.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Son of Hecate

Once Toby and Finnegan arrived at the changing room, Toby clicked the locking mechanism and began to un-do his belt so he could try on his pants. Before he could do so, Finnegan asked him to try on a small stack of superhero shirts. Toby turned and looked at them reluctantly. He wasn't one to wear many shirts with designs on the front, especially superheroes. He preferred solid colors or patterns. When Toby looked up at Finnegan's expectant face, however, he found himself unable to refuse. Toby nodded to Finnegan.

The boy sat down on the bench and took the first shirt from the stack of superhero tee's, and unfolded it. As the front was revealed, Toby observed a Batman logo. The shirt was black except for a faded gold logo in the middle, and in the center of the gold was a black bat. Toby bit his lip. Batman was his favorite superhero, after all. Plus, the shirt was black. Toby set it down in his lap, then reached over his head and slipped off his current shirt. The cold air from the store made goosebumps appear on his bare skin. He began to put the batman shirt on, but before he could do so, he felt something soft and warm touch his neck. Toby smiled, and tilted Finnegan's head up to kiss him back, before kissing his neck in return. Before Toby got much further, Finnegan laughed and pushed him away, and Toby began to laugh too.

Toby resumed trying on the Batman shirt. He slipped through the fabric and then stood up to look in the full-length mirror. He didn't look as goofy as he thought he would. Soon, Finnegan joined him looking in the mirror. He was wearing the shirt that Toby had picked out. Toby began to smile very widely. The two boys looked like they switched roles completely. Toby was wearing a superhero shirt, and Finnegan was wearing a button down. Both of the boys looked out of place and uncomfortable in each other's attire.

"You look great," Toby said, honestly. Finnegan really did look great. It was a rare sight to see the boy out of his typical comic-book related attire, but it was a nice change. He really did look pretty nice. "You should buy it," Toby told him, smiling.

The two boys continued to try on clothes together, and after about ten or fifteen minutes, each boy had made a stack of clothes that they were going to buy. Toby's stack consisted of the clothes he'd picked out with an additional two shirts that Finnegan asked him to try on; a batman shirt and a black and purple hawkeye shirt. As Toby glanced at Finnegan's clothes, he noticed that the boy had not chosen any of the clothes that Toby picked out. He bit his lip, but said nothing. Instead, he picked up the hanger from which Finnegan had hung the shirt he tried on.

"I'm buying this for you and you are going to put it in your closet. I don't care if you don't like it, but you're going to at least own it," Toby told him, chuckling. He laid it down on his stack of clothes. He then picked up his stack and walked over to Finnegan. He leaned up and pecked the boy's lips.

"Let's go," he smiled.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan smiles nervously as he watches Toby try on the shirt. He notices that he seems hesitant at first, but he's not surprised. He knows superheros aren't Toby's thing. But he had to try right? He at least found a black shirt, even though Finnegan is not a batman fan, he figured Toby would be more likely to wear it because of the color. When he sees the other boy in the shirt he lets out a small gasp as he smiles widely. "You look amazing"he breaths.

Finnegan bites his lip and plays with the hem of his shirt as he stares at his reflection in the mirror. He just doesn't like it, it's not him. Doesn't Toby understand? He just looks dumb, and awkward. But if Toby really wants to buy it for him he won't stop him, after all he convinced the other boy to buy not one but two superhero shirts.

"Okay"Finn says with a smile as he leaves the room carrying his stack of shirts. When Toby kisses him he gently kisses him back. "I'll wear it sometime, but I won't be wearing it alot"he says quietly. When the reach the check out, Finn goes through and pays for his items. He then waits for Toby to finish before walking off swinging his bag. Standing outside of the store, Finnegan smiles and looks over at Toby.

"Where to? I picked this store, so it's your turn to pick"he says with a small smile. Of course they don't have to continue clothes shopping, maybe they can go book shopping or even better comic shopping! "We don't have to get more clothes if you don't want, I don't care"he says with a small smile. He then reaches over and grabs Toby's hand, and gently squeezes it as he holds it in his own.

coded by sapphire
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 12:38 am

Son of Hecate

Finnegan's comment echoed in Toby's head as they bundled their things together. You look amazing, he had said. Toby didn't really understand why he looked that great. It was just a normal shirt. Usually people said that when the other person was wearing something nice or flattering. This was... just a t-shirt. Still, if Finnegan thought it looked good, he might as well wear it once in a while. Even if Finnegan wasn't considerate enough to do the same with his clothes.

As Toby waited behind Finnegan in the check out, his eyes began to wander around the store, looking at people, and manikins, and posters. The posters had a bunch of perfect-appearance models. It was so hard for Toby to look at them and imagine their clothes on himself, since he was so very different from them. Some people looked completely careless about the fact that the clothes won't make them look the same as the models. It always bothered Toby, since he had image issues, but he never talked to anyone about it.

When Finnegan finished checking out, Toby stepped up to the register. He set the clothes on the counter and gave the lady working the register a kind smile. He observed a white square pinned to her collared shirt that said Tammy. She looked kind enough, brown eyes, wavy brown hair to her shoulders. He could see faint creases in her skin at the edge of her mouth and eyes, showing that she was used to smiling. She looked around mid-forties.

"Find everything okay?" she asked him, returning his smile. He was right, her smile was kind and look as if it was worn often.

"Yeah, good. Thanks," responded Toby. He watched her scan his items before he paid. She placed his clothes in a plastic bag, tore a receipt off the register, and placed it with the clothes.

"He's cute," said the girl, Tammy. He eyes flicked sideways in the direction of Finnegan. Toby turned his head and looked at him, but he seemed too far away for a voice as low as hers to be heard. Still, Toby's face flushed a deep red.

"Wh-what?" he sputtered, uselessly. Tammy simply laughed and handed him his bag.

"You two have a great day," she smiled. Toby thanked her, took his bags, and joined Finnegan. As he reached the boy, he turned around to look at the woman, but she had gone. Probably work to do elsewhere.

"Hey," Toby greeted upon joining him. "Uh, I don't really know what I want to do. Want to get something pierced?" Toby asked, snorting. It wasn't a sincere suggestion. In fact, Toby was extremely afraid of piercings and tattoos and just needles in general. At camp, there are enough weapons to worry about going through your skin. Toby didn't need to think about voluntarily letting someone jab at his skin with a needle.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan stares at Toby, an absolutely appalled look growing across his face. He can not be serious. A piercing? Really, Finngan with a piercing, yeah that seems so likely. When he hears the boy snort, he lets out a shy of relief. "Oh good, I thought you were serious for a second"he says staring at the other boy. He then blushes a light pink in embarrassment because he realizes how dumb he must be to actually believe the other boy was serious.

"Let's go get some food"he says as he takes the boy's hand and leads him off to the food court. After getting their food, Finnegan finds a table and sits down placing his bags under the table. Smiling lightly he picks up his drink and takes a sip of it as he watches Toby. He can't help but smile like an idiot as he watches the other boy, he is just way too cute. Still smiling, he forces himself to look away for a bit before once again looking over at the boy.

After a while, Finnegan has to use the restroom. Setting his drink on the table, he looks around for a bathroom. After locating one, he stands up and looks at Toby. "I'll be back, I have to use the restroom"he says as he kisses the boy on the cheek. He then turns around and heads off towards the bathroom, a wide smile on his face and a slight bounce in his step.

LITTLE LION MAN // HOVER
You're not as brave as you were at the start

Oliver intently watches the two boys ahead of him. It seems like they are going to spend the whole day by each others side, almost as if they are not capable of being separated. Honestly it is disgusting, he witnessed them sharing a fitting room, ew. Honestly he is beginning to wonder why he is even following the boys in the first place, but then he remembers.

The boy in the Captain America shirt, the boy who is identical to him, the boy who could be his twin. The boy who is his twin. Finnegan, Oliver has been waiting for this moment for a long time. He has always wanted to meet his oh so lucky brother. The lucky little shit, getting the good end of the straw, getting to live with their father while Oliver got sent to an uncle who hated him. Needless to say other the years, Oliver has built up an intense hatred of his brother.

Rolling his eyes, he watches as Finnegan excuses himself to use the bathroom. Now, the perfect time to strike. Standing up, Oliver straightens his shirt and ruffles his hair so he looks like his twin. Of course he isn't dressed alike his twin, but maybe the boy won't notice.From what Oliver has been able to tell, the boy doesn't seem to like superheros, which should be a crime. But hopefully it means that he will not be able to tell the difference between a Captain America tee shirt and an Iron Man tee shirt. If he is able to tell the difference, then Oliver is screwed.

Smiling lightly, Oliver walks over the boy and sits down in the chair previously occupied by his twin. He grins and looks over at the other boy. He didn't really notice before but the other boy is sort of hot. No Oliver that is not your mission. Unless he could possibly get the boy to cheat on Finnegan with him, now that sounds fun. Really fun actually, and maybe if all things work out Finnegan will cry, yes Oliver will like that.

Grinning, mainly to himself of course Oliver turns his head to look at the boy. He then leans forward, and forcefully presses his lips into the other boys. In between kisses, he throws in a few small phrases such as, "I love you"and stuff like that. The traditional phrases one might use whilst making out with someone, hopefully the boy falls for it. Otherwise, that might be a problem.

coded by sapphire

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby grinned a little at Finnegan's panic. Sometimes it was funny to see such a toned down person react to such extremes. It was like if you told Barney Stinson that you were about to have fun by counting your quarters. First the extremely shocked look, and after realizing its a joke, an embarrassed blush. Priceless.

Toby's hand was taken by Finn before he was guided towards the food court. Toby loved holding Finnegan's hand. It was bigger than his, and it fit like a glove. Although Finn's hands were typically clammy, Toby had brought himself to the point that he didn't really mind. He just liked walking hand in hand with Finnegan. It probably didn't seem like a big deal to Finn, but it meant a lot to Toby. And, as a plus, nobody was staring at them. For once, nobody looked at them weirdly. It was NYC, and there were so many couples like them that the two boys fit in rather well, and it relieved Toby more than one would think.

When they arrived at the food court, it was extremely crowded, as expected. The lines were long, the people were loud, but it smelled good. At least it smelled good. Finnegan guided Toby carefully through the people, and Toby followed directly behind him. He was careful not to be lost in the sea of faces. When they found somewhere to eat with the shortest line, they stood.

After getting their food, they found an empty table for two people. Toby set his food down on the table, and the plastic bag of his purchases on the ground next to his chair. He sat down and began to dig into his food. The boys sat in silence, eating and not really conversing. Occasionally, Toby would glance up and see Finnegan staring at him, and then quickly look back down. It seemed as if that boy never peeled his eyes off of Toby. Finally, Toby met the boy's eyes, and what he saw shocked him. Finnegan was smiling, and his eyes looked like he was looking at the whole world right in front of him. And it was scary. Not the kind of Halloween scary, or horror movie. It was a kind of scary that Toby hadn't felt before. He was scared that their relationship was getting serious, and that he would soon have to be thinking about a long commitment. Toby always viewed himself as the commitment kind of guy. He couldn't see himself ever breaking hearts. But, he always saw commitment with, well, a girl.

As Finnegan excused himself to use the restroom, Toby nodded and absent-mindedly sipped his drink. He didn't even notice when he was kissed on the cheek and then left alone at the table. He sort of just stared at his food, not really focusing on it. Thoughts ran through his head like messages running constantly through a telephone wire.

After just a minute or two, he was rejoined by Finnegan. Toby finally relinquished his thoughts and looked up at the boy.

"That was really fast," Toby said, biting his lip and arching an eyebrow. Toby's eyes fall to Finnegan's shirt. "Is that a ne-" Toby began, but he was very quickly cut off. Finnegan practically lunged over the table and forced their lips together. It surprised Toby, and he was too shocked to immediately react. When the shock began to ebb away, Toby began to try to pull away. However, he noticed after a while that kissing Finnegan now seemed to be an improvement upon kissing Finnegan before. It was like he had practiced or something.

"Finn, when did you actually get good at kissing?" Toby asked, in between a breath. He began to smile, and perhaps even get into it.

I love you, Finnegan said. Upon hearing this, Toby ripped his mouth away.

"You what?!" Toby exclaimed, aghast. He had never ever said that before, even in all their time of dating. Because Finnegan decided that now was a great time to say that for the first time, Toby doubted its credibility. He wiped his mouth on his sleeve, a red glow beginning to shade his face. He didn't know what to do. He was shocked, and his lungs felt cold. If Finnegan didn't mean it, Toby wouldn't know how to deal with it. He simply sat there, completely stunned in silence, trying desperately to figure out what Finnegan was doing.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:19 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

After Finnegan is done in the bathroom, he makes his way back to Toby. However from several feet away, he is able to see that someone has joined Toby. He can't see the person's face, but from the back he can tell it's a scrawny boy with messy dark brown hair, wearing a red tee shirt. He blinks and raises his eyebrow in confusion, who is this boy? And how does Toby know him? He wouldn't say he is jealous, more that he is just curious.

However on drawing closer he can tell that the boy and Toby are making out. Biting his lip he refrains from crying, as he draws closer to the two boys. He stops walking when he is close enough to hear the other boy say I love you. I love you. Hearing this he begins to cry. He had been under the impression that Toby was happy with their relationship, but he guesses that he was wrong. Because if he was happy Toby wouldn't be cheating on him. Toby was cheating on him.

Taking a deep breath, he opens his mouth to speak. "What the hell Toby?"he asks the boy. He then folds his arms across his chest and waits for the other boy to notice him. He then notices as the boy in the red shirt turns around. He is shocked to meet his face staring back at him. "W-what the hell? No this can't be possible I'm dreaming"he says as he takes a step back. When the boy says his name, his eyes widen. "Who are you? How do you know me?"he asks as he starts to panic.
coded by sapphire

LITTLE LION MAN // HOVER

Oliver bites his lip and looks at the other boy. Shit shit shit. He would have assumed that by this point the two boys might have told each other that they love another, but apparently he was wrong. Well that is just great.Oh well, he'll think of something. He always thinks of something.

Smiling lightly he looks at the other boy. "Well of course I love you"he says still smiling. He then leans forward and kisses the other boy on the cheek. Just then he hears the sound of someone walking up behind them. He sits back down in his seat and waits for something to happen. Hearing the words "What the hell Toby"he smiles. This is perfect, absolutely perfect. He couldn't have asked for this moment to happen any other way.

Turning around, Oliver looks at his twin a wide smile on his face. "Hello Finnegan, pleasure to see you"he says with a wide grin. When he hears the other boy ask who he is, he frowns, well fake frowns. "You mean you don't remember me? Wow Finny, I'm hurt. I'm so hurt"he says to the boy. "I'm Oliver, your twin brother"he says to his brother.

coded by sapphire

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:26 am

Son of Hecate

Toby would have never in his life bet that Finnegan would be the first of them to say I love you. And yet, he just had. The fact that it was so unexpected caught Toby completely off guard, and he was helpless to do anything but sit and sputter between words. He doubted the authenticity of these very words. Even as Finnegan leaned forward and kissed his cheek, Toby did nothing in reaction. His eyes were dead-set on the table, careful not to meet Finnegan's eyes. Should he say I love you back?

Just as he was about to attempt a sentence, he heard his name. He looked up, at the boy across from him, but Finnegan didn't seem like he was the one who said it. Which was very strange, because Toby could have sworn that it was his voice. He arched an eyebrow, but a figure standing beside their table caught his eye. Toby swiveled in his seat, and the apparition sent a shock throughout him.

It was Finnegan. Standing there, looking as if he was about to break down, staring right at Toby. Toby's square jaw could have dropped miles beneath the earth's crust. The boy slowly turned to look at the man whom he had just kissed. It was the same face. The same exact face, only different clothes. There were two Finnegans.

"What in Hades' name," Toby managed to breathe out. Although the Finnegan that had just kissed Toby was not facing him, Toby was able to catch the words he was saying. Two in particular stuck in his mind. Oliver, and twin. Toby's head, still frozen in shock with his jaw drooping, turned back to... 'real' Finnegan.

Toby had never been aware that Finnegan had a twin. In fact, Toby didn't even know Finnegan had siblings of any sort. They hadn't learned much about each other's backgrounds, and Toby was beginning to think that perhaps they should have. After all, this was probably the strangest and most shocking way to find out.

"I-I thought I was k-kissing...you??" Was all that Toby was able to get out. He constantly swiveled his head back and forth between Finnegan and Oliver. When the realization hit him that he had had this stranger's tongue in his mouth, he stood upright rather quickly.

"Finn- wh-what?" He said, dumbfounded. "You never told me you had a twin. I swear. I didn't even know. I thought I was kissing you. I though-" the end of his sentence faded away. His face flushed a deep deep red. He felt violated. Extremely, physically and emotionally, violated.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:42 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan clutches the back of the chair, in order to not fall over. His head is swimming in mass confusion, what the hell is going on? This boy in front of him is his twin? That can't be true, he's never heard of him before. He can't have a twin that he's never heard of before right? It's just too weird, plus if he's never heard of the other boy, how has the other boy heard of him?

It's all so unreal that Finnegan knows he has to be dreaming. Either that or someone is playing a cruel joke on him, a very cruel joke. Biting his lip, Finnegan slowly sinks to the ground and wraps his arms around his legs. He rocks back and forth a bit as he stares at the floor in front of him.

Hearing Toby speak, Finnegan takes a deep breath and looks up at the other boy. "I didn't know I had a twin, you're not the only person who's shocked right now"he mutters. "I have a twin, I have a twin"he mumbles to himself. Finnegan then stares at Oliver, "Why are we just now meeting?"he asks the other boy. Hearing his response Finnegan bites his lips. "Dad wasn't an idiot"he says quietly, "You have no right to say that, you never met him"he says staring at his brother.  
coded by sapphire

LITTLE LION MAN // HOVER

Oliver watches the two boys in front of him, and starts to laugh. "Where are your manners Finny? Why don't you introduce me to your little boyfriend?"he asks raising his eyebrow. He then lets out a laugh, as he puts his feet up in the chair across from him. Leaning back he folds his arms across his lower chest and watches the two boys.

"We never met because our father is an idiot, and he thought it was a smart idea. What an idiot"he says rolling his eyes. Oliver winces when he hears what Finnegan has to say, but he shakes it off. "You're right, but I don't care"he says rolling his eyes. Oliver then turns to look at Toby. "So we've already established that I'm the better kisser, so mind telling me what you're doing with him?"he asks gesturing to Finnegan.

coded by sapphire

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby looked back and forth from Finnegan to Oliver as they spoke. It was crazy, like watching a one-person conversation, but somehow with different people. Even though he could hear what they were talking about, Toby felt like he didn't have enough context to know exactly what was going on. Again, the realization came upon Toby that he didn't have a very clear idea of Finnegan's background. It seemed like somehow this problem kept arising, which pushed Toby to think that he should probably figure it out. If it kept coming up every time they met, it must have some importance.

Toby's eyes were still glued on Finnegan, even when Oliver addressed Toby. Finn's face was red, and if he hadn't been so confused, he would probably be angry. Very angry, with both Toby and Oliver. Toby knew he was treading on thin ice. He looked slowly at Oliver, which was almost exactly like looking at Finnegan. Almost.

Oliver's hair was different, almost like he had previously taken time to attempt to tame it. Finnegan's hair was much more wild. Also his eyes. Finnegan's eyes looked a lot more aware, a lot more curious, and a lot more knowing. Although Oliver's eyes also seemed very knowledgeable, they seemed less intelligent and more sly. It was dangerous. Although Toby could notice these differences now, there was not way that he could have noticed them before. Except for the whole changing clothes thing. But Toby isn't the smartest.

When the son of Hecate remembered that he had been asked a question, he sat straighter. He was in a very awkward spot between a stranger that he had just kissed and his boyfriend. He looked over at Finnegan, the boy he loved. He was fantastic. But there was no denying that it was true Toby said Oliver was a better kisser. It wasn't that Toby was even considering Oliver just for the kiss, but also because he figured if he liked Finnegan, why wouldn't he like Oliver? Still, Toby's inward scale dipped harshly towards Finn's side.

"Because he's perfect," Toby replied, harshly. He stood up and walked over to Finnegan and took his hand, hoping the boy would forgive him.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan stares at Toby and bites his lip. He knows the boy is confused, especially because he is confused. Yet, he can't exactly bring himself to forgive the other boy. If he had bothered to look closer he would realize the differences between him and Oliver, mainly the different colored shirt and the fact that he got up and right a way, Oliver was in his place. Then there's the fact that Toby told Oliver that he's a better kisser. It's sort of dumb, but honestly it really hurts Finnegan knowing that his boyfriend and twin brother kissed, and that his boyfriend prefers kissing his brother more.

When Toby puts his hand on his shoulder, Finnegan stares up at him. He then gently reaches up and pries the other boy's hand off of his. "Please don't"he says quietly, his voice cracking. Finnegan then lets his hands fall to his side, as he stares at the floor. After a few minutes he stands up and looks at the other two boys. "I-i'm going to go. I'll uh see you around"he mutters. He then adverts his gaze towards the ground as he shoves his hands into his pockets and walks away.

After a while of walking Finnegan sits down on a bench, and pulls his legs up to his chest, and loosely wraps his arms around them. Resting his chin on top of his knees, he lets out a sigh and stares at the ground. Well today has sucked.
coded by sapphire

LITTLE LION MAN // HOVER

Oliver rolls his eyes as he watches the two boys. Hearing Toby's comment he lets out a snort, "Pathetic",/b>he mutters as he watches the boys. When Finnegan pry's Toby's hand off of his he starts to laugh. He then stares at Toby. "Well, looks like someone doesn't feel the same"he says quietly, a smirk growing across his face.

"Well sense, Finnegan obviously doesn't want to be around you right now, how about we spend this time getting to know each other"he says winking at Toby. He then moves closer to Toby, until they are no more than a few inches apart from each other. He then smirks as he reaches out to place his hand on Toby's cheek, and gently rubs it with his thumb. "So how about you tell me about yourself and why my brother seems to like you so much?"he says quietly.  

coded by sapphire

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby was waiting expectantly for Finnegan to say something. Even with all the noise in the food court, the sound had drained from Toby's ears long ago. All he awaited to hear was a response from Finnegan. For a while, it looked like Finn was thinking to himself for a little while. Then, Finnegan pried Toby's hand off. At that exact moment, Toby's expectant ears hear his own heart shatter and fall to the floor. Maybe it was someone's plate. Still, he felt a void erupt in his chest. He stood there mutely as Finnegan turned and walked straight away from him.

Toby couldn't believe that had just happened. He was too defeated to even process what Oliver said. Otherwise, Toby would have gotten rather mad. Instead, the boy still stood there, looking at the space where Finnegan had retreated. His hands hung limply at his sides. His self-pity is short-lived, as the next thing Oliver did was not easily ignored.

Oliver stood and got within inches of Toby's face. Toby's eyes widened at this action, but for an unknown reason, he didn't recoil. Instead he just stared frightened at Oliver. To worsen the situation, Oliver extended a hand and put his fingers on Toby's cheek. The place where the two male's skin made contact burned for Toby. Why? It was obvious. Someone who looked so much like Finnegan, Toby couldn't help but feel the same attraction for them as he has with Finnegan. However, he knew well now that this was not Finnegan. So the next step was easy.

Toby lifted his hand and gave one hard punch in Oliver's direction, before turning and dashing out of the food court. Violence was not super pronged to Toby, but he was pissed. He had closed his eyes, so he didn't really check to see where his punch landed. He was just focused on getting out of there. He wove through the crowd as quickly as he could in the direction that he watched Finnegan go. Once he ran out of breath he began to walk and search for Finnegan rather than focus on evading Oliver.

"Gods, Finn," Toby said to himself. "I'm sorry."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a night to be alive (May)   What a night to be alive (May) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a night to be alive (May)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next