Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Bird and the Worm || Winchel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  Empty
PostSubject: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:25 am

WinterQuay
 Winter sat on the floor of the library, her legs crossed in the open air, quietly reading a book. Rachel was with her, they had been spending a lot of time with each other lately, and Winter could call Rachel her best friend. Ever since they had found her cat, the two had been almost inseparable, only parting to sleep and practice good hygiene. Winter wouldn't want to spend time with anybody else, to be quiet honest. Rachel was all she needed in a friend, so why get another one if you had a perfect person right in front of you? Of course, she was friends with Nathan, but they hadn't talked in a while. Winter was currently reading Little Women and had quite the collection of books sprawled around her, no organization pattern about them whatsoever. She didn't mind the mess, as long as it was needed. And it was needed for today. In Winter's mind, you couldn't just take one book and call it good. You had to take at least 5, so that the other books you wanted to read later didn't feel left out. Yes, Winter treated books like real people, and people gave her weird stares for it. She didn't like them.

Winter Quay didn't want to go walk around today. All she wanted to do was stay by a warm fire in the library with her best friend and her best friend's cat. Amira had taken quite a liking to Winter, and she didn't mind. She adored the cat, quite honestly, always stroking its fur or scratching behind her ears. Right now she vied for attention, but Winter had given it all to her book. She had lost herself in the 19th century full of fighting and sickness and long dresses. The book didn't have a Prince Charming so to speak, but that was fine. Not all books and couples could be all happy and fluffy. Winter had been reading this for at least two hours, completely ignorant to others around her. The camp could be getting bombed, and she would even take pause to look out the window. Winter twirled her fingers in her hair as she read. It was a habit she had formed as a child, and never really broke. She had odd quirks, quirks she wasn't going to change because they weren't normal. Winter had never strived to be normal, she had strived to be herself. 

But soon her attention slowly drained back into reality, and Winter became more aware of Rachel, who was just as quiet as she was. That was one of the things Winter liked about her friend, she wasn't going to fill up awkward silences with pointless stuff. She liked their relationship and wouldn't change it for the world. Still, she was bored (finally) of reading, and looked up at Rachel. "I'm bored." Winter announced, slamming the book cover closed and sliding it away from her, startling Amira.
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 am

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes
Rachel looked up from her sketchbook, her hazel eyes conveying a look of mild surprise. She had been watching Winter intently, sketching lines and curves and scribbling notes on the side. She glanced down at her work. There was a rough profile of Winter on the side of the page, her eyebrows slightly furrowed, and her hand playing with her thick hair. The note next to it read, “when she’s reading, she takes this position of concentration.” A ghost of a smile played across her face as she looked back at Winter. “Well we can’t have that, now can we?” She pursed her lips in thought, and a grin took it’s place as a thought broke through. “No one else seems to be around. We could…” She scooted closer to Winter, poking her in the arm, wiggling her eyebrows, and crowing, “Build the Leaning Tower of Books!” She nudged Winter amicably. “You up for it?”

EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
OOC: HOVER
Let the fun begin
Design and Code by Summer Only for Blythe | Strictly No Sticky Paws!

Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:21 pm

WinterQuay
  The young demigod smiled at Rachel, her face lighting up like a child on Christmas when he saw Santa for the first time."Yes, I am so up for building the Leaning Tower of Books!" She stood up and took Rachel's hands, gently pulling her up to full height. Winter was considerably shorter than Rachel was, but she had always been shorter than everyone her age. The tall gene had completely avoided her DNA, giving her short alleles. Winter hated being small, it just gave her parents and brother another reason to overprotect her. Rachel was about a head taller than Winter was.

She had started piling books on top of one another energetically, flitting here and there like a little bird that was built for flight. Winter had always wanted to get a bird as a child, because she had identified most with them. But now that she could buy one, she couldn't because of Amira. Winter didn't mind, she liked the cat now just fine, and Amira liked her a lot too, nudging against her rather than Rachel, who had cared and loved her for most her the cats life. She felt somewhat bad for taking the attention Amira had for Rachel away, but it wasn't her fault that the cat liked her so much. 

Winter kept working at building the leaning tower of books higher and higher until she had to jump up to carelessly put the books on the short leather and ink skyscraper. "I can't put anymore on... I'm too short." Winter pouted, stopping to push her hair behind her ears and then to cross her arms. She looked like a preschooler who didn't get her favorite toy to play with. She could have just easily gotten a ladder from the storage closet, but that was on the other side of the library and Winter would much rather stay by Rachel.
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes
A bemused expression played across Rachel’s face. Winter was always a drawing in progress for her, and Rachel already had notes in her head to add to her sketches. Soft, small hands. A little bird covered with flowers. A little girl when she doesn’t get what she wants. “I can lift you up. You shouldn’t be too heavy.” Without another word, she bent down and put Winter on her shoulders, grabbing a few books and pressing them against her chest. Slowly straightening up, she took hold of Winter’s calf with one hand, while trying to pass her a book. Amira began to mewl loudly, pressing against Rachel’s leg, asking for Winter. “Hold onto me,” she said softly, trying not to strain herself. “I’ll pass you some books and you can grab them with your other hand.” Amira pressed against her again, and she took a small step forward, moving Winter’s weight towards her. She was suddenly aware of the close proximity between them. Winter’s spare warmth made her cheeks flush. “I can’t hold you for long though.”

EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
Cries where am I going with this
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:08 pm

WinterQuay
  Winter was mildly surprised when Rachel picked her up. It made her taller, of course, and she loved being higher up than normal. Her father used to give her piggy back rides as a child, but she had grown up too fast and was too big and her father was far too old to be lifting that kind of weight. Nevertheless, she enjoyed being up high again, and she happily kept stacking books on top, higher and higher, bigger and bigger. Soon it was twice the size of Winter, and she was pleased with the work she had so far managed to do."The Athena kids would be jealous." Winter smiled, looking down at Rachel. She softly bit her lip, hard enough to turn her red lips white, but not enough to draw blood.  

The stack of books was pretty high, and rivaled that of the actual leaning tower of pisa. It was tipping dangerously to the left, threatening to spill onto the hardwood floor below them. Winter knew it would make a resounding crash, and draw attention to them, which she didn't want. Winter didn't like attention. So therefore, her brain told her to stop piling books on the tower, and just sit back and look at their masterpiece. But course naive Winter never listened to her brain. She put one more book on the top, and the tower fell, just as she had anticipate. Winter screamed as books hit her small body, and she fell off of Rachel's shoulders. Amira had taken cover in a corner. But the young dark eyed demigod got pummeled by books. She let out a little scream, though she was more shocked than hurt. 

"Rachel, are you okay?" Winter asked, more worried about her friend than herself. Nothing hurt too terribly bad in her upper region, but her ankle felt like it was on fire. She had probably sprained it, but it didn't matter because the pain wouldn't last long. She got up, ignoring the pain, and started to pick up books.
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes
Winter, unfortunately, had taken the brunt of the fall. The only serious injury Rachel had taken was when a corner of a book landed in her eye, leaving her with a somewhat green-blue tinge around it. The rest of her was sore and a bit banged up, but otherwise fine. Sitting up slowly, she rubbed her head and winced. “Yeah, I’m fine. Are you-” Rachel looked up and saw Winter already up, collecting books. “...Okay,” Rachel finished. She stood up, losing her balance for a moment, and holding her head. “Let me help you with that.” She began to quickly pick up books, placing them on a table when her pile got too high. Her pace was quick and put her mind off the pain of her eye. She glanced up at Winter. The girl hadn’t put down her stack of books, but kept adding onto the pile in her hands. Rachel smiled and walked over to her. “I can get this for you,” she said, placing a gentle hand on top of hers. It was small and cold, but it sent a warm, electric rush up Rachel’s arm. Notes, sketches, and memories suddenly flickered through her head. Quiet. Chocolate eyes. Soft. Little bird. Bookworm. White as snow. Funny. Kind. Feisty. “Beautiful,” she breathed softly. Realizing what she just said, her cheeks flushed a rosy pink, and she quickly took the books from Winter and turned away.
Oh gods, she thought. I’m falling for my best friend .

EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
Jeez Rachel just embrace the gayness
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:46 pm

WinterQuay
Winter ignored the throbbing pain in her ankle as she walked around, putting books in their correct places, or just piling them into smaller stacks of four or five, making sure they weren't leaning over in their pose. She didn't want to start over again. Winter liked to do things one time, and she usually did a half-assed job because she went to fast. She didn't slow down and enjoy life like her brothers and parents did. Winter Amelia Quay liked to live life in the fast lane and really, who could blame the young demigod? She watched as Rachel helped her pick up books that had scattered around the floor. Rachel was her very best friend  for many different reason. Winter was amazed at how many things she could do so well, like draw and just sit there quietly. She could never do that, although she was quiet just like the rest of her dark hair, dark eye family. Winter had to keep moving at all times, no matter the time or place or circumstance. "I'm sorry I cause this mess, Rach." Winter said apologetically as she put yet another stack on the table. She liked Rachel's nickname, even though everyone called Rachel's they knew Rach. It wasn't different, but Winter liked her friends name. You could decide which name you wanted to call the person. Winter didn't have a nickname, and she hated her parents for naming her after a season. But she couldn't do anything about it. She preferred Amelia, but no one ever listened, not even her mom and dad. She heard Rachel say something when their hands collided. Beautiful. "What?" Winter asked, somewhat confused and somewhat curious.
WORDS | OUTFIT | It was 2 paragraphs but the coding was being stupid so I made it one.
CODED BY SAPPHIRE

Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:39 pm

``
Rachel Alice Jennings
Daughter of Hermes
Rachel felt the blush enveloping her neck and face as she tried to calm down. She had put the stack of books down onto a table, and quickly grabbed one at random. “I-uh, was um, reading the title of this book.” She thrust it forward, hiding her red face behind the title, Origin of the Species. A few shaky breaths and she put it back. A few more and she tucked her hair behind her ear, turning back to Winter. “W-we should, um, get back t-to cleaning up,” she stuttered. Gods above, what’s wrong with me? She bent down to pick up a few other scattered titles when she noticed Winter’s ankle, red and slightly swollen. “Millie! Y-your ankle!”She quickly dropped the books unceremoniously onto a table and rushed over to Winter. Without a second thought, she gently picked up Winter and set her down on a nearby couch, propping up her ankle. I have no idea what I’m doing,she thought, examining the injury. “D-do you n-need to go to the infirmary? O-or I can try to i-ice it here?”

EIGHTTEEN
# 858585
SORRY
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm

The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  -Hide-Gifs-D-j-lou-coleman-34289010-500-200

winter amelia quay

"Oh yes, because learning about evolution is so very beautiful." Winter smirked as she took the book from Rachel's hands and put it into a random pile. She didn't bother putting it away; she knew somebody else would. Probably some Athena kid. Besides, hanging out with Rachel was so much more fun than categorizing books by colour coding it or whatever. Not that Winter didn't like to do that at home, she did. The only thing organized about her room back home was her immense library, all nice and orderly. They were placed in their spots by series, left to right with her favorite first and her least favorite last. Winter barely noticed the red blush on Rachel's cheeks. How could she? Millie was having way to much fun with the now destroyed tower of books.

But still, she was disappointed when Rachel suggested they get back to work. Couldn't they have fun and clean up too? No, that was a stupid question. Of course not. When there was work to be done, it had to get completed before there was any fun and games. Winter sighed and half heartedly started to pick up the books again. "Oh yeah, I guess." And that was when she fell again. Not because of the mass amount of books that were about to fall. No no. This was because of her ankle, which was already swollen and red, and Millie could feel bruises already starting to form on her pale china skin. She whined in pain, because Winter could never really take a lot. She put her hand on her ankle and made ice cover it, like a healing cast. 

And then Rachel picked her up, books be dammed and everything. She put Winter on the couch, where she stuttered as she talked. Winter put her hands on her friend's shoulders. "Shh, it's fine Rach. I've already got ice on it. Just calm down." Winter could have made a great actress. Although her face was calm and cool and collected, she was screaming out of pain on the inside. She didn't want Rachel to worry about her. Winter Quay wasn't good enough for her best friend to worry about her stupid bloody ankle.
 .:CODED BY SAPPHIRE, EDITED BY WICKED:.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Worm || Winchel    The Bird and the Worm || Winchel  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bird and the Worm || Winchel
Page 1 of 1