Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

i used to be half alive [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

i used to be half alive [private] Empty
PostSubject: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Isaac spent most of his time in the armory. No surprises there, considering his heritage. He'd work from the moment he got up and into the night. He'd skip the rest of his camp classes to just warm up in the endless heat. It's not like he's missing anything new, anyway. He had already been in this place for two years.

Two years in, and I still suck.

Isaac stopped to look at his progress, his lips twitching into a frown. He was almost done. He had already attached a sewn leather cylinder where you could put your arm through, and he was pretty sure he had worked out everything else. See, he was a disc thrower. Attach it to your arm and you can shoot frisbees with one press of a button. It'd be useful for dog owners, he thought, but then it could also double as a weapon. Later, he would make custom discs with bladed edges. Load them up and watch your enemies get sliced by discs from hell.

But there wasn't really a problem there. The problem was whether it would really work or not. If it did, yay. If not, well, he was used to failure...

Isaac wiped his brow with his sleeve. Now for the moment of truth. He carefully slid a frisbee inside the thin slit, and pressed the button on the side.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then the disc thrower started smoking, and Isaac knew what was going to happen before it did.

"Oh sh -"

He ducked under the table before he could finish, just as...

Boom!

The device exploded into bits of metal and leather. The small blast shook the armory, and Isaac felt like all eyes were drawn to him.

He waited a couple of seconds before straightening up. His nose wrinkled at the stench of smoke, and he nudged the still burning remains of the disc thrower now mixed with the melted plastic from the frisbee. Not caring if everyone was looking at him, he pounded both fists on the table and roared out a mix of curses in English and Ancient Greek.

Well. Looked like he screwed up again. No surprises there...
isaac nichols
eighteen » son of hephaestus » single

WORDS! 366
TAG! pink
NOTES! ---
A DREAM IS ALL I HAVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm

I am a fire gasoline
come pour yourself all over me

Kat didn't really make new inventions. Most of her brother and sisters did of course, but not Kat. She mostly just fixed cars and everything related to it. She fixed engines, broken wheels, anything you could think of. She mostly did it for free, because she enjoyed it herself. Sometimes though, she did charge some money so she could buy some new screwdrivers or a new wrench to build. That's all Kat ever did though, build. She did mostly at nighttime so she could get the armory to herself. When no one was there, she smoke her cigarette while building. That was allowed there for some reason, but she didn't care at all. She already was in trouble with Chiron for sneaking out after curfew.

She was fixing a car engine for one of the Hermes kids. She was only fixing it for them because he was making her a fake I.D. She only wanted one incase she had to shoot someone again. She hoped she wouldn't have to use it. She never stopped getting the nightmares of her shooting her mom. She always had to convince herself, she had no choice but to kill her. There were no other options. She sighed and looked around at her brothers and sisters. They were all working on something, either building or fixing something. She noticed one of her half-brothers building something like a disc thrower. She looked back at her own machine and just stared at it. She didn't know what to fix first. There were a lot of things wrong with it, it would take her a few days of course. She could get it done by tomorrow night, if she worked day and night. She was actually considering it because she didn't want any nightmares tonight, when the armory shook.

She looked around to see what caused the explosion and saw her half-brother's disc thrower in pieces and ashes. She saw the rest of her brothers and sisters look at him. She felt bad for him, but didn't know how to comfort him. She wasn't very good at comforting, especially with her brothers and sisters. Kat didn't really talk to them, and they didn't really talk to her. They all just built, that's it.

Kat walked up to her half-brother and half-smiled. "I'm sorry it exploded. It looked pretty cool, better then anything I ever made." She shrugged and sat next to him. "I'm Kat." She said and smiled.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; nothing
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Isaac was still in dark mutters when the girl spoke. Her voice snapped him out of it, at least for a little while, and he blinked a couple of times as he turned to look at her. Once he was absolutely sure that she was talking to him (as if there was anyone else she could be talking to), he sighed and swept some of the ash off his desk.

He hadn't really expected comfort. Here in the armory, everyone would just mind their own business and that's that. In fact, those who had noticed the explosion had already gone back to their own worlds. Isaac really liked that about his siblings. They didn't tease, they didn't taunt, and when you screwed up, they mostly didn't care.

Not that he didn't appreciate Kat's gesture. It was nice to feel that somebody cared. He just wasn't used to feeling it.

"It isn't worth anything though. Still broke," He tried to return her smile, but his lips only half-heartedly formed a grin. Then he looked at the useless pieces of metal on his desk. "Couldn't even make a stupid disc thrower. That's another couple of dollars lost..."

The truth stung. He would see his brothers and sisters making cool stuff like touch screen gadgets and customized weapons from scratch. Isaac burned with envy. He could never invent things from scratch. He could only barely fix anything, and if he modified something and made it work he would already count himself lucky.

He eyed the remains with slight repulsion. Burned melted plastic wasn't good for the nose. Swallowing back the bile that rose to his throat, Isaac fished out a greasy rag from the small bag tied around his waist and tried to wipe the disgusting goo away. It would be more advisable to wait until it has cooled off, but with the neverending heat in the armory, Isaac doubted that it would ever cool down into a low enough temperature that he could just scrape it off.

Feeling the slight heat of it burn his palm, Isaac suddenly remembered that he had company. He nearly groaned, biting his lip closed to prevent the sound from coming out. Where the hell were his manners? Maybe they were in the same place as his inventing abilities.

"Sorry. I'm Isaac." He offered her a smile that was a little less forced this time. It quickly melted into a slight frown. "I'm sorry, were you doing anything? Don't let me bother you."

He looked around and saw an empty station with a car engine. It must've been where Kat was working until she came to join him - there was hardly an empty place anywhere. Isaac jerked his head towards it. "You working on that? Doesn't it belong to... what's his name again... the one whose car just broke? The guy who forged IDs?"
isaac nichols

WORDS! 478
TAG! pink
NOTES! ---
A DREAM IS ALL I HAVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:11 pm

I am a fire gasoline

"Just try and find the problem. You might be able to fix it." She said and looked back at the ashes and pieces. "Or try to. I could help you if you wanted, I mean I never really built anything of my own. I just fix things for cars. I don't really so much." She pointed to the engine that was in her workspace and shrugged. She looked around like her half-brother did. She saw her other brothers and sisters making new inventions, while she fixed car engines. She didn't feel much like a builder. She didn't really feel like a daughter of Hephasteus should. She didn't make anything extraordinary like the rest of her family. They made different things ranging from new versions of the Iphone to new hair dryers to new blenders. Kat had always wanted to make something new.

She had always dreamed of having her own car and auto body shop, but now looking at her brothers and sisters she felt like that wasn't a big dream for a builder. She had tried to fix other things for foster family, but she just didn't know how to fix it. When a car was put in front of, she knew everything about it and how to fix any part. It just seemed like an essential for builders. She sighed as she looked at her family. She watched as he wiped the ashes away. She felt sorry for him, but at the same time she didn't know how to comfort him. None of her machines had blown up, they mostly just fell apart. Considering her stubbornness, she had probably thrown it across the room or just blowtorched it to make it for a car. She still remembered when she was five and she watched her mom build cars. That's where her love of cars had first started. It hadn't only come from her father, it had also came from her mother.

Kat smiled at him again. "It's fine. I wasn't doing much anyway. It wasn't that important." She said and shrugged. She looked own at her shoes. "Lucian? Yeah... why?" She asked nervously.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; nothing
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:12 am

Isaac barked a laugh. He gestured to the smoking metal. "There are too many problems that I don't know where to start. Besides, it's basically a pile of ash now. It's just... I don't want to start everything from scratch, you know?"

He tucked the cloth inside his bag and stretched out his arms. He'd been working hours, and in one second everything just vanished. All his hard work gone in the blink of an eye. Why did it have to explode, anyway? Why couldn't it have just fallen apart without burning up? The thought of it made him want to flip the desk, or throw something, or punch the wall...

"I appreciate it, but it's okay," he said, waving off Kat's offer. "I'll work it out eventually. We all do in the end."

Maybe if he believed it enough, it would come true.

Isaac's eyes flicked to the engine, remembering the times his grandpa's tractor broke down. He remembered staying up all night to read the manual. Then in the next morning, he would get to work. It would take him a couple of days to figure everything out, but he did alright. It was really something back then. Isaac was only in his early teens and he could fix tractors. Now he was eighteen, and he couldn't even get a damn disc thrower to work.

That thought was always going to bite him back. Isaac Nichols, the sorry excuse for a son of Hephaestus...

He shook the thought off, barely hearing Kat speak.

"Oh, uh... where were we? Uh... right, Lucian..."

Lucian, the son of Hermes. Isaac personally had no need for his services but he knew that the guy was good with a pen, and that he had the uncanny ability to make fake licenses and other legal things. It came in handy, his talent. Last time Isaac saw him was when he was busy counting dollar bills in the secluded corner of the courtyard. The guy had obviously listened to the Joker. If you're good at something, don't do it for free...

Now if Isaac was good at inventing things, he could've sold his works and made a fortune by now. He toyed with the idea for a while. He'd charge for simple fixing and occasionally rooting and jailbreaking because let's face it... how else was he supposed to get any cash? He wasn't like the others, who had families which sent daily allowances. Isaac was on his own.

Right now though, he was in the middle of a conversation and he needed to stop zoning out.

"Oh! Uh, nothing. I saw him bringing it in. I think he needs it today, though? Heard him muttering about a date today... or something..."
isaac nichols

WORDS! 456
TAG! pink
NOTES! hope you don't mind me improvising the plot xD
A DREAM IS ALL I HAVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 8:28 pm

I am a fire gasoline

Kat shrugged at his response. She didn't know much about starting from scratch. She had never made anything from scratch. She just fixed things or changed it. She had always wanted to start something from scratch, but she was afraid it wouldn't work out. She wouldn't want her dreams crush.  She didn't even know what to make from scratch anyway. But if she did think of something, she would want to try and build it. She knew she probably wasn't going succeed, but she wanted to trade.

Kat looked down at her dog tags. One of the things she changed. It was originally her mother's, but she modified it so it could also change into her weapon. That was the only thing she changed that had nothing to do with a car. She sighed as the memory came back, and a flashback started.

Kat was slowly and quietly walking to her mom's gun. She had of course waited to see if she woke up. She had pulled the trigger as her mother was reaching for a gun. She had shot her mother in the heart and had fell to her knees in front of mother's lifeless body, her blood soaking the white sheets. She just stared at her dead mother, crying. Her step-father attacked her. He had pinned her to the ground and started choking her. She of course had tried to take his hands away, but he was just too strong for Kat. She had actually thought that was the day she was going to die. The gun, appeared in her head. She had reached the gun and had shot him in the chest. She didn't feel as guilty shooting him like her mother. She had loved her mother of course, but not enough to forgive her for beating her with the leather belt. She still had the scars today on her wrists and back. She never even wore a belt anymore because it brought back too many bad memories. The police sirens were getting closer. She figured they would come because her neighbors. Kat had quickly packed a bag and fleed.

When the flashback stopped, she had noticed she had her hands over her ears and was whispering 'no' to her self over and over again. She slowly brought her hands back to her side, but was still afraid the flashback might come back. She didn't want the flashback to ever come back. It almost happened in all her dreams. She had always woke up screaming, but no one came to comfort her. Her brothers and sisters just ignored her like usual.

"Oh! He does? Well, I don't think I'll be able to finish it in time. The earliest I can get it to him is tomorrow morning. I'm not that quick enough."She said and sighed. She only hoped her half-brother didn't see her during her flashback.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; haha it's fine and I'm so sorry I didn't post sooner ;(
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Isaac zoned out a lot. It was an established fact. Sometimes he wouldn't notice, and he'd stare at nothing in particular for a long period of time before someone could snap him out of it. It was yet another thing he disliked about himself. Why? Because he hardly paid attention to his surroundings, and that usually meant ignoring whoever was with him at the time.

He looked at Kat, wondering if he had missed anything of importance, before dismissing it as an idle thought. Maybe she had zoned out too. It made him feel a little bit better, but not by a lot.

"Oh," Isaac mused, his eyes nervously flicking to the doorway as though expecting a giant to punch it down. "I hear he has quite the temper..."

Yeah, he wouldn't put it past Lucian to suddenly burst in and demand his car engine back. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Biting his lip, he looked at his desk. The melted plastic wasn't completely wiped off - traces of it remained on the singed surface. The smoke had almost faded now, thankfully, and hopefully the stench would fade along with it. Isaac didn't feel like putting the stuff back together. As if there's anything left to put back.

As for Lucian's car engine, however...

"I can help you with it, if you want? I used to work with a tractor so I know a thing or two about engines,"Isaac offered, smiling his best. "If we work together, maybe we can fix it before Lucian comes."
isaac nichols

WORDS! 256
TAG! pink
NOTES! it's okay lol i don't mind waiting c:
A DREAM IS ALL I HAVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:35 pm

I am a fire gasoline

Kat looked at Isaac. She could only hope he didn't notice her in the middle of her horrible flashback. She smiled at the thought of him, zoning out too. She did hope he did because she didn't feel like explaining everything from killing her mom to why she had flashbacks at random times. She sighed. "Oh well, if he gets on my nerves I could just always flip him." She said and shrugged. She still remembered when her mom had taught her come combat skills. Her mom had also taught her how to shoot a gun. She missed their days when her mom was happy and they spent time together.

Kat looked back at the ashes. "Are you sure you don't want to try to put it back together?" She asked again. She started looking a bit into the ashes. She found a couple of pieces of metal that were a bit damaged, but she could still fix. "There's some metal you could still use. At least it's better then nothing." She shrugged and looked at her shoes. When Isaac offered to help her, she looked up with a bright smile. She looked like a kid in the candy shop. "You don't have to help me if you want. You can if you want to though." She said standing up.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; omfg I can't even look at Isaac without crying because of Finnick in Mockingjay
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:07 am

Isaac shrugged, biting back a smile. "That could work. But he's a pretty handy guy to have on your side, with his forgery skills and all."

His eyes flicked once again to his unsuccessful work and his shoulders visibly drooped. Looking at it made him want to flip the table. "Positive. Take the scraps if you want 'em. I don't really care." Not when it keeps reminding me what a freaking failure the whole thing is...

Shaking the unwanted thoughts off, Isaac returned Kat's smile with one of his own. He really wanted to help her. Anything else was better than this stupid scrap of burnt metal and ash. To be honest, Isaac just wanted to pretend that the explosion didn't happen, but the thought was surely going to haunt him for a long time.

Since going to camp, he'd been insecure about his abilities. Before, he thought he was quite the hotshot when it came to machinery. Hell, he even thought he was some kind of prodigy. That changed, though, when he arrived in Camp Half Blood. You could say it came as some sort of a shock... well, saying that would be a bit of an understatement. Turned out that he was in the bottom of the Hephy cabin when it came to technical skills. Certainly made him wonder how big his head would've gotten if he didn't discover the family he never knew he had.

Family. Until now, he wasn't used to associating that word with his siblings. Sure, they all shared the same father, but they felt more like classmates than siblings to Isaac. Camp was like school, and everyone else were his classmates, in some cases friends. But they were more of acquaintances, more of allies than brothers and sisters. But then, Isaac never really went the extra mile to get close to any of them. Mostly he just minded his own business. Life was much simpler than way. Kind of lonely, but simple at least.

"Well, I don't have anything else to do so," Isaac skirted around the desk, already on his way to the engine. He gestured to the ash and metal. "If you don't want any, just leave it there and I'll just toss it to the recycling area later."

He didn't wait for a reply as he peered at the engine, his eyebrows knotting together. It looked fine at first glance, but Isaac knew better. "What's the problem here? Engine misfire? Something wrong with the starter?"
isaac nichols

WORDS! 415
TAG! pink
NOTES! FINNICK SOBS
A DREAM IS ALL I HAVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:57 pm

I am a fire gasoline

Kat smiled at her half-brother again. "I have to see his work first.He could always end up being bad at making I.D.s." What Hermes kid was bad at making fake I.D.s though?, She thought. She shrugged to herself. She had never gotten fake I.D. from anyone at all. But hopefully he would make thing realistic because she didn't want to have to explain when they looked at her 'I.D.' and saw fourty five for the age. Although that would be very funny, she wouldn't know how to explain that. 'I have the Benjamin Button disease?', She imagined herself saying to someone. She had saw the movie The Mysterious Case of Benjamin Button. That movie she had seen awhile ago back in Hawaii with her foster family. Shefound it kind of odd the movie. It wasn't a movie that you would usually see a trailer for on television.

Kat shrugged when he said she could take the scraps. She didn't feel like taking some scraps left. She smiled at him again to let him know she was paying attention. Even though you're not, She thought. Kat looked back at the engine hopelessly. She wanted to know more on building, but she didn't know from who. She couldn't learn from her mom considering she was dead and probably in the bad part of the Uunderworld. Her dad she couldn't learn from considering he didn't even want to see her and vice versa. The other thing was her half-siblings. She looked around at them building, pounding their hammers and turning their screwdrivers. One of her half-brothers looked at her and gave her a half-smile and continued building. Kat looked back at the engine. She could always just go to school to learn. But the only classes they had for building was woodshop. She found that class fairly easy to pass out of the rest of the classes she took in Hawaii. To her that was baby class. The first steps of learning how to build. She sighed with wide mile on her face. She remembered those days. Those were the easy building days when the teacher would use her homework as an example. Everything she built she got an A+ on.

Kat sighed again. That was thing she missed the last. School. The thing she only used to have at least five friends for and get bullied. The thing that made her get detention for punching someone in the face for calling her 'Katarina' her name. She sighed remembering all the time she got in trouble. All the time she made her teacher's mad. She remembered tepeeing one of her teacher's houses. She bit back a laugh. She remembered the homework they used to give her. She used to have to carry some books in her hands considering they wouldn't fit in her backpack which was also filled with books. Damn, she felt for the other kids that had to leave camp to go to school. She pitied them, having to do schoolwork and homework and school projects. However, at the same time she missed school. That was the one thing that made her feel normal again. She liked that feeling of feeling normal. It was a warm feeling inside like when your crush talks to you for the first time. But after school was over, the feeling went away and she knew that hellhounds and furies would always come and get her.

Kat shook her head to get rid of the thoughts. She nodded her head slightly to him when he said to just leave the scraps if she didn't want them. She yawned, remembering how late she was up last night playing video games. "Oh uh engine misfire."

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; i'm sooo sorry this took foreveroutfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i used to be half alive [private]   i used to be half alive [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i used to be half alive [private]
Page 1 of 1