Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

let's leave this all behind [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

let's leave this all behind [private] Empty
PostSubject: let's leave this all behind [private]   let's leave this all behind [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 am

Raziel slipped into the place where the crowd was thickest, her breaths coming in quick uneven pants. Her lips twisted into a scowl. What a nightmare.

That thought, coming from Raz, sounded rather peculiar. Raziel Swift loved social gatherings. She loved every opportunity to show off how much cash her parents had, how she would just blow it all off for a stylish attire. This time it was a cocktail dress, quite unlike the gown she had worn in the last dance. Made of shiny material, the gold tank dress blended well with the lanterns' reddish tinge, rivaling the Apollo cabin's sheen. It was simple. It lacking the gazillion sequins and designs Raziel usually adorned, but she liked it. She liked it as much as she liked the concept of the dance, or the fact that there was a classy event the moment she got back in camp. There was, however, one thing she didn't like.

She spotted the blond from a distance and her scowl deepened. He wouldn't have stood out if it weren't for his height, which Raz couldn't match even with her four-inch heels. His features were boyish and forgettable, his frame a little too scrawny for her taste, and his outfit... ugh, the sight made Raziel want to throw up again. Why wear a lame baggy shirt and jeans for a dance? A shirt with so much creases that Raziel wondered if it got run over by a couple of cars before he put it on. And don't get her started on his color scheme. Red and green, really? she thought sourly. Is there a vacancy for Santa's elves?

She moved as his head kept turning around, as though looking for his date, and the clicking noises made by her heels were drowned by the soft music playing throughout the night. That was yet another thing that irked Raziel. What's with the slow music? Didn't they have anything that was a little more upbeat?

Raziel's eyes swept the area once again. The crowd was relatively thinner now and she didn't have to wonder why. It was already late. Definitely past the curfew that had been lifted for the benefit of the dance. A few could have slipped into the shadows when they thought no one was looking, and the rest could have gone back to their cabins to sleep. Raziel was about to consider doing the latter when something caught her eye - a pair of campers emerging from the red curtains at the corner. Her eyebrows rose. She noticed the tower before, but she didn't think it was accessible.

Throwing one more glance behind her to make sure that the lanky blond wasn't following, Raz made her way towards the redwood tower. It concealed a flight of stairs that led to what looked like tiny pinpricks of firelight from below. After a minute of climbing, she found herself surrounded by red Chinese lanterns with black symbols she couldn't read, and a view overlooking Camp Half Blood. She mashed her lips together and nodded, quite impressed. Not bad. It definitely beat her lousy date.

Then as she neared the edge, her eyes caught the silhouette by the firelight, and Raziel did a double-take. It was her.

"Well well, if it isn't you." She crossed her arms and leaned on the makeshift balcony. Her tone didn't invite confidences. "Long time no see."
raziel swift
eighteen » daughter of hyperion » single

WORDS! 565
TAG! vina
NOTES! ---
TRYING TO FORGET LOVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: let's leave this all behind [private]   let's leave this all behind [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:11 am

let's leave this all behind [private] Tumblr_ll1k7oX8YR1qi10cqo1_500

Kalina Nikolova, Daughter of Hyperion

Like the moon we borrow our light.
I am nothing but a shadow in the night,
So if you let me I will catch fire
To let your glory and mercy shine.

Oh joy. A dance. I just loved dances. Or at least I used too. Hard to love something as trivial as a dance though when the Camp had literally been to hell and back. Especially when the stupid dance was taking place right after the whole "going to hell and coming back". How on earth had Chiron and Mr. D come to the conclusion that it would be a good idea to have a dance right after the Zombie Apolcalypse? Sure, fire lanterns were all cool, shroud burning was normal,  but a dance? Not that it mattered, really. None of it really mattered. Let people dance after people had died, what did it really matter? And fire lanterns... what was their point? It was a stupid idea, that by letting a lantern off with someone's name written on it, their soul would be released. Floating lanterns in the sky... all for the dead. It was stupid, insanely stupid. Like the dead cared. The dead were just that, dead. One day they just happened to blink out, poof, gone. And if people thought they could release their souls, show them some sort of respect, then they were just more dumb people to add to the world's population of dumb people, cause the dead were gone and they didn't care about any of this trivial crap.
Although, I still thought the whole dance concept was a little insensitive to those who'd watched people die, who'd had friends and family die, or who had simply killed something. Even if it was all trivial crap.

If I let myself admit it, I could admit that coming to the dance had been a good idea, in the end. Samuel had asked me to go, and without that much hesitation I'd agreed. Something about going to a dance with someone which made it that little bit more appealing, even if it was stupid to have one after the ZA. Plus, it was Sam. He'd been a lot nicer than I would have expected during the Zombie Apocalypse, and maybe... well, maybe he could be called a friend. Just maybe. If we had more time, if nothing screwed it up, then sure, it was possible. He was just one of those people who you couldn't help but be friendly too...
It was a good enough night, in all honesty. Going out to dance... I hadn't wanted too, but hey, you can't really not dance at a dance, can you?
I'd ended up having fun. Weirdly enough, it was proper fun. It ended too fast though, in the end. We'd left the dance pretty early, and Sam had walked me to the Hera Cabin before leaving. Almost like he was worried or something, like I'd get attacked from the Dance Hall to the Cabin by some crazy monster. Been there, done that, and I'd bought the T-shirt a thousand times already. I could take care of myself, but hadn't stopped him walking me too the door with a smile and leaving just as the heavy doors shut with a clunk behind me.

I had been intending to stay in the Cabin, really, I had. It wasn't like I wanted to go out, not like I had anyone to meet or anything. Wasn't like I had anything in my head about what ended up happening. I'd never even thought about that before... but it hadn't stopped it happening. Just as I'd been kicking off my shoes... I'd spotted it.
Wasn't like I could sit there in the Cabin with it, whoever owned it would end up walking in and murdering me. No... it was better if it disappeared without a trace and the real owner didn't know where it had gone. So the problem had been finding a place which wasn't the Cabin.
And what better place than the tower beside the dance hall I'd just left?

The chilly air was enough to make me want to turn around and walk straight back down the stairs, but I didn't. Instead, I adjusted the canvas bag it was held in and wrapped my arms around my shoulders, moving as quick as I could toward the small blazing fire which people used to light lanterns. Pick up a taper, stick it in the flame, light the candle and away it goes across the sky. But it was also the only place which was warm on the top of the tower.
My dress, a short black thing with silver designs on the waist, didn't provide much warmth considering it was only a gauzy type thing. And I'd been stupid enough to walk out of the cabin without a jacket, and leave the cabin the first time without even wearing tights. Just a bracelet, a necklace, a silver clutch and black heels. Really great. Now I was cold.
Sitting down in the shadows, I opened the bag without any sort of hesitation. Not much of a chance that the owner would walk in now.

It was as I was taking another deep swig from the bottle of vodka that she walked in. What a perfect end to a perfect day. How amazing that it was her who turned up. Just my luck.
'Yeah, well, some people would say not seeing you would be a good thing, wouldn't they Raziel?'
Taking another swig and swallowing, I peered up at her.
'Got anything you came too do? By all means, continue. Don't let me get in your way.'

OOC: Mwhaha more Kaliraz
Clothes: Here
Theme: Miracle - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Sapphire <33
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: let's leave this all behind [private]   let's leave this all behind [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:48 am

Raziel snorted. "Of course. Good to know some people are smart." She whipped her hair back, looking up as someone let a pair of lanterns fly. Her eyes discreetly wandered to the stairs.

"Not doing anything in particular. Just checking things out."

And kind of trying to get rid of her 'date', but Kali didn't need to know that.

She was still leaning on the rails but her head was half-turned to face Kalina. Kalina Nikolova, the other daughter of Hyperion. The thought of it sent unpleasant emotions surging through her veins. Truth be told, Raziel didn't know what to make of this girl, or perhaps it was more of the fact that she was her half-sister. Raz had nothing against siblings - her mortal sibling, at least. But the fact that she hadn't been the only daughter of Hyperion bugged her, more so than she would ever admit.

Raz's eyes lingered on the bottle in Kali's hands. "You know, when I met you, you didn't come off as a drinker. More like an asylum escapee."

It was true. Their first meeting comprised of Kali stumbling upon Raz's band practice. She had been dancing like crazy back then, and she would never have guessed that they were related. Reliving the memory made Raziel smirk. How amusing it was that the carefree (and kind of weird) girl from before was now sitting in the dark, downing a bottle of vodka like nobody's business. Who knew, right?
raziel swift

WORDS! 245
TAG! vina
NOTES! i apologize for the shortness
TRYING TO FORGET LOVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: let's leave this all behind [private]   let's leave this all behind [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:12 am

let's leave this all behind [private] Tumblr_inline_mhl2yzaV311qz4rgp

Kalina Nikolova, Daughter of Hyperion

Like the moon we borrow our light.
I am nothing but a shadow in the night,
So if you let me I will catch fire
To let your glory and mercy shine.

As Raziel spoke, another set of lanterns went floating into the sky, the person who had let them off gazing up and watching their progress. I followed the lights path as she spoke, trying to seem like I wasn't paying one bit of attention even though I was. I didn't want to be paying attention. I didn't want this to actually be happening. Coming up to the tower had seemed like such a great idea- plenty of shadowey corners, only a few people allowed up at any one time. I'd thought I wouldn't have too deal with anyone, or at least anyone I knew. Especially not Raziel. I bit back the reply which had popped into my head, instead settling for arching a brow and looking at her skeptically.
'"Just checking things out"? Mhm...'

As I'd talked, one lock of brown hair had fallen out of place and into my face. It annoyed me probably more than it should have, for some reason, and pushing it back behind my ear I glanced up at the girl leaning against the rails. The light from the fire provided me with enough light to see the features which had been pretty much etched into my mind after the first meeting. Raziel. Daughter of Hyperion, who I had never even known about even though we resided in the exact same cabin. Never even heard of, truth be told. Or maybe I hadn't been listening. After I'd met her, after I'd found out, it seemed like there was an endless supply of stories about her- so it led me to believe I'd just been deaf to stories of her, rumors about her, etc. It was odd to know there had been another daughter of Hyperion all the time. It hadn't just been me. Which had once comforted me, weirdly. Knowing I wasn't the only one. Now it was just one more thing I didn't have to care about anymore. Another thing I didn't need to care about, which was related to Raziel? The embarrassment of our first meeting.
I shrugged, leaning back a little in my chair.
'First impressions aren't always right now, are they?' looking up at her again I continued, 'Although, in your case they are. My impressions hasn't changed on you one bit.'
Maybe not totally true... but whatever.

OOC: Sorry D:
Clothes: Here
Theme: Miracle - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Sapphire <33
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: let's leave this all behind [private]   let's leave this all behind [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:02 am

Raziel arched an eyebrow at Kalina but didn't comment. She didn't miss the skeptical note in her voice, but to hell with that. Why should she explain herself, anyway? Kali could go speculate all wanted and she wouldn't give a damn anyhow.

And this is how rumors start, she thought, remembering all the stories she'd heard about herself, and knowing full well that half of them were just that - stories. Raz didn't care, and to be honest she enjoyed the attention.

Raziel laughed, sounding more amused than anything. "Should I take that as a compliment? Hmmm... I'm feeling merciful tonight, so I think I will."

She watched another set of lanterns take to the sky, their lights dimming against the starry background. What's the point of all this, really? Not like the dead are gonna realize that they're being honored with a couple of stupid lanterns. Do they have some sort of TV in the Underworld or something?

"So, how come you're not sending lanterns up? I'd have thought you of all people would join in the... festivities, for lack of a better term. Not like you to sit alone in here, drinking." Raz turned back to look at Kali, flicking a few strands of her dyed hair back for a clearer view. She squinted at the bottle in her hands. "By the way, where did you get your fancy little drink? Bribed a couple of satyrs lately?"
raziel swift

WORDS! 239
TAG! vina
NOTES! ---
TRYING TO FORGET LOVE
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let's leave this all behind [private]   let's leave this all behind [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

let's leave this all behind [private]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard :: Past Events-
Jump to: