Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

notes in constellations. [dean]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

notes in constellations. [dean] Empty
PostSubject: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:23 am

notes in constellations. [dean] Tumblr_mfmmrapZdr1rc8gzoo1_250
notes in constellations. [dean] Tumblr_mfmmrapZdr1rc8gzoo2_250
    It's official: Matt Dumont has been bitten by the lovebug. What started out as a friendship had become a full-blown crush and there is no stopping the seventeen year old from turning back. Who's the one to blame? Nearly everyone in Camp Half-Blood knows by now except the dame herself. Ladies and gentleman, meet Chloe Dalgish.

"I think I'm doing something wrong,"  Matt says with a frown, transitioning from sprinting to a slow jog. The soles of his grey and turquoise running shoes pad along the track field, a few feet behind Chloe. "Or maybe you're just too fast."  

He throws his best friend a playful smirk, coming to a halt in front of her. The sun is shining above, casting a soft glow on Matt's tanned skin. He guesses that the time would be a little after noon, the usual time the pair spent together on Mondays. Ever since they befriended each other when Chloe first came to camp, they've been practically inseparable. He has introduced her to all his guy friends, thank the gods they liked her as much as he did. After all, what isn't there to like?

"I think it's time for a break," concludes Matt, grabbing the hem of his light grey shirt and wiping his face on it. He generally is shy about girls seeing him shirtless, but he has grown to be comfortable around Chloe. It isn't like he's fat. In fact, he has a pretty toned body. With all the vigorous training that Camp Half-Blood offers, there was no choice but to be fit. Although he isn't as fast as Chloe, he's pretty swift. Matt's forte has just always been at sword fighting. In fact, he's pretty well known as being one of Camp Half-Blood's best swordsmen.

However, it seems as if Chloe has the full package. She's smart, beautiful, friendly, talented. Matt has seen her kick the butts of majority of his male friends, which has greatly impressed him. It's too bad Chloe has never regarded him as anything but a friend. Countless of times has he thought about telling her about his true feelings, but he knows better than to ruin his friendship with a girl as great as she is. Matt has a lot of girl friends, sure. But he never quite liked them the way he likes Chloe. Sometimes, Matt thought that love could be more dangerous than the point of his Spartan broadsword.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:22 am

notes in constellations. [dean] Tumblr_inline_moouj2FmIY1qz4rgp

Chloé was tying her hair up as she was running and occasionally looking back to make sure Matt didn't fall too far behind. When he started to complain all she could do was laugh. She loved Matt, he was her best friend and she wouldn't know where she would be without him. He was just the perfect boy, he knew fashion and what she should wear and what to do about boys that annoyed her amongst other things a girl would normally need a girl for. She giggled at Matt, "Stop complaining, you're just lazy," she shot back at him with a wicked grin on her face. As he stopped and announced they were having a break she shook her head, "Definitely lazy," as he lifted his shirt up in the typical boy way and she saw his body for the gazillionth time she wondered to herself that she should set him up with another cute boy. I mean he was quite the catch for any guy.

Matt was probably Chloé's best friend she's ever had. They were completely inseparable since the day the met when she came to CHB three years ago. He helped her with everything and introduced her to everyone and she owes him a lot and she will never forget just how much. He's seen her in good and bad times, whilst training, fighting and being possessed by ghosts which is part of her curse. Matt taught her quite a lot in sword fighting since she finds it hard to put enough strength behind her swing just as she has shown him a lot of ways how to kill someone with your bare hands even if you're petite.

Feeling a bit hot as well and seeing as no-one was around and she was wearing a pretty green and black sports bra underneath her Nike shirt, she took the shirt off to allow herself to cool down fast. She didn't feel weird around Matt anymore because he'd seen her in either winter clothing to her underwear when she quickly had to change. Not that it mattered, Matt wasn't interested in girls as far as she was aware so to her it was harmless and it was like changing in front of your best girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:43 am

At the sound of her laughter, Matt's heart performs somersaults. It's such a mystery how one girl can obtain such an effect from him. He tries to keep himself in check, repeating the same sentence in his head over and over again: 'Chloe is just your best friend. Nothing more.' Is it so wrong that he wishes otherwise?

"Lazy? You know how much time and dedication goes to just fixing this?" he points at his messily-styled dark blonde hair. "Not to mention picking what clothes I'm going to wear. Totally Ah-noy-ing."

Matt isn't exactly vain, but he's been pegged as a metrosexual. Every morning before he gets ready for the day, he deliberates on what he's going to wear. He'd wonder, Would this make me look cool? Sometimes even he'd think whether or not Chloe would compliment him on what he's wearing. She has definitely acknowledged his stylish demeanor. She even took him out shopping with her in the city before! Although he had to hold her backs and give her his opinion on some of the outfits, it was worth it for the demigod since he got to spend time with his best friend and hang out without having to lash at each others throats like they do during training.

By the time Matt set his shirt back down, he is taken aback by the sight of Chloe taking hers off. His jaw drops to the floor but he manages to cover his reaction by redirecting his gaze to the very interesting fine gravel dusted on the top of his shoes. Chloe has always been very--err--open--towards Matt. She's quite comfortable in her own skin--something he greatly admires. In fact, he has seen her dressed only in her underwear before. He wonders if she has done that around any boy, but he doubts it. Chloe's a sweet girl who definitely isn't easy.

He looks back at his best friend and his cheeks heat up when he sees that she has chosen to ditch her shirt completely. A strangled sound escapes his throat and he coughs to mask it. Shooting Chloe a nervous smile, he points to a patch on the ground in the distance, nearly concealed by the trees, and says, "D'you wanna sit and, like, talk or something while we rest?"
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Shaking her head at the blush on her friends face she giggled, "What are you blushing at? You've seen me in less!" she teased him. She sat next to him resting her head on his lap, "You mean wait whilst you rest?" she poked her manicured finger into his belly with a small chuckle. Chloé tugged on his shirt and then grasped it from behind his neck and pulled it over his head, "Now we're even," she said without a single blush or stutter in her words. She did know he wasn't lazy because he did take twenty years getting ready whereas she only took 10. Boys, sigh.

Chloé was wondering what she should do for the rest of the day before her stupid date with Tyler, so she looked at Matt with her puppy dog eyes and pouted slightly before asking, "Will you go shopping with me? I have this stupid date with your friend Tyler and as usual I have nada to wear..." she said rolling her eyes at him before quickly retaining her puppy dog face blinking her large eyes at him before smiling and getting up to hold out her hand and get the lazy boy next to her up and moving.

sorry D:
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:03 am

"Uhh… yeah, b-but," Matt stammers, suddenly forgetting the coherent sentence he had just formulated in his head. He shifts uncomfortably as she relaxes her head into his lap before any of his male body parts could betray him. Gosh, what an impression he'd leave on Chloe if ever that would happen. When she lays a finger on his stomach, sparks shoot up his spine. He'll never understand how such a small gesture from the daughter of Hades extract such a reaction from him. A burning sensation is left in the area she had touched and he glares at his friend playfully at her comment.

However when she grabs the edge of his shirt and begins to tug on it, his expression is replaced by one of his confusion. "Wh-What are you doing?" he asks with a nervous laugh. When she pulls his shirt over his head, he begins to think of what exactly his best friend is trying to do, but his theory proves wrong with her next statement. He shakes his head and chuckles softly, trying to ignore the close proximity and the skin-to-skin contact between the both of them.

The moment is broken when she mentions a date with a friend of his. "You're going on a date with Tyler?" That damn moron! He knows that he's had a crush on Chloe for three years now and still, he asks her out on a fricking date. Matt tries to mask the bewilderment on his face by asking a question, "Is he the one who asked you out or…?" his voice trails off. For the love of Zeus, please let it be Tyler who asked her out. He would probably rip his own hair out if he found out that Chloe had been interested in Tyler all this time.

"Nothing to wear?" he laughs at her choice of words. Chloe has a closet that any girl would envy. "Have you seen your closet? If I were a girl, I'd kill you to inherit your clothes," he jokes, running his fingers through her blond hair. He grabs some strands of it and twists them in his fingers, marveling at how it looks like the softest cornsilk in his fingertips. He doesn't like to think that Tyler's special enough that she needs a whole new entire outfit just for a stupid date with the loser.

Even without the ridiculous, yet cute, expression she wears on her face, he still would've accompanied her on a shopping trip. She doesn't need to pout her lips or bat her eyelashes; Chloe already has him wrapped around her perfectly manicured finger.

"Sure," he shrugs, grabbing her hand and getting to his feet. He looks down to his shirt in his hands and says, "We should probably put our clothes back on. Y'know, before anyone else we could've been doing any funny business. Should we, ah, change our clothes. I mean, like, I don't think sweaty gym clothes are appropriate for shopping and yeah."

But before he could put the article of clothing over his head once again, he asks a question that has been lingering in the back of his mind. "So, do you like Tyler or something? Like, do you find him cute and all?" He swears, if Tyler steals Chloe away, he's going to murder that kid.

[ omg your post wasn't crappy at all. it was hilarious c: ]
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Chloé shrugged at Matt, "He asked me out so I said yes, I mean he is kinda cute looking if you're into the dorky type. Don't you find him cute?" she looked at him with a kind smile. She laughed out loud at his comment about her closet, "You know as well as I do that everything is last season, its time for the spring and summer collections, not winter and autumn!" brushing her hand through her hair and bumping into Matt's whilst doing so she started to get up nodding, they were sweaty so she tied her shirt around her waist so she didn't have hold it and waited for him to get up.

Flipping her blond locks back and starting to move towards the cabins she turned around shaking her head at Matt who'd slipped his shirt back on, "What are you embarrassed about? You're adorable!" she winked at him before she kept walking. Hadn't she just told Matt she thought he was cute? What did it matter anyway...oh my god! Maybe he had a crush on Tyler and now she was going out with him! Crap crap crap crap kept repeating in her head, "Well he's cute yeah but if you want to go for him I can stay away, I mean you're more important than me and he is a dork," she said with a big question mark on her face and a slight shrug.

My posts don't get much bigger I guess, sorry D:
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:15 am

Matt sighs in relief when he finds out that it's Tyler who asked Chloe out. Note to self: Beat Tyler to a pulp next time they cross paths. It's safe to say that Matt isn't the alpha of their pack, but he holds a fairly high position. Standing at 5'10 and a half, he towers over some of his friends. Tyler is no exception and would definitely be an easy target.

But, he still is his friend. Although he's very much in love with Chloe, he wouldn't beat up his best friend just because she's the one who's interested him. Matt's just too nice for that. Whatever. He'll go easy on the guy and just give him a little scolding.

"Uhh. He's okay,"  says Matt. Speaking as a friend, Matt thinks that Tyler isn't bad looking nor does he come close with Abercrombie & Fitch models. Somewhere along the middle, he decides. It's just that Chloe could do much better, that's all. On the other hand, Matt knows that he and Adonis don't share any physical similarity, so unfortunately, Chloe would prefer someone much better looking than him anyway.

He shrugs his shirt back on, his cheeks revealing a faint blush once the shirt is over his head. Grabbing his sports bag from the ground, they trudge back to the cabins. "I've got a set of extra clothes, so we don't need to head back to my cabin,"  he tells her, falling into step next to her.

Butterflies flutter in the pit of his stomach when she compliments him. Adorable. She thinks he's adorable. Is that better than cute? He doubts it. They're sort of on the same level, Matt concludes. He laughs when she winks at him, shaking the back of his neck and grinning at her lazily.

"He's not exactly my type…?"  His statement comes out as a question. Does she think that Tyler is bi-sexual or something? She ought to know that if he were gay, that he'd date someone better looking than his friend. He doesn't think that she suspects he's gay. Matt is a very straight guy…. Right?

A small smile grows on his lips when she says that's he's more important. He flicks his hair and runs his fingers through them. "Eh."  Matt throws her a sideways glance. "You know, you could do better than him anyway. Like, he is a dork."  And an idiot, he adds in his head but chooses not to say out loud.

[ crappy post sorryyy :c ]
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:45 am

Raising her eyebrow slowly giving the only-you-would look as he mentioned he had taken an extra set of clothes, "Good because I don't know what to wear!" she said as she slipped her arm into his and nudged him towards the Hades Cabin that held her huge wardrobe. Chloé smiled and waved at a guy who whistled at her when she came past and then muttered to Matt, "I hate him, he is such an ass," before smiling at the next person who waved. Chloé was popular and she always made sure it was because everyone liked her and not because they conformed or were terrified and beaten into it.

Slapping Matt in a mocking sense she tutted, "Don't be mean to Tyler, it's not his fault he is dorky," she giggled as she thought of the ginger boy who was covered in freckles with big glasses. Chloé knew she could do better, she could go out with any guy she wanted but she wasn't one of those types who always had a boyfriend. She was a big flirt, she loved flirting but never let it progress past that. She didn't want to become that attached to just anyone. If she ever would go out with someone, they'd be her first and they would be more important than anyone.

it's fine <3
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 am

Matt rolls his eyes at her comment. Although she acts like a total girl, he loves Chloe regardless. As they approach the Hades cabin, he can already imagine how long they're going to take browsing through all her clothes that are stashed in her gigantic wardrobe.

When a Hermes kid passes by the duo, Matt throws a glare at the boy after he whistles at Chloe. With Chloe's attention diverted, he makes a slashing motion with his finger across his own throat and points at the demigod. The son of Hermes looks at him in horror and scrambles away and Matt grins in triumph. When his best friend turns back at him, he masks his action by scratching the back of his neck with a nervous grin on his lips.

"Yeah. Boys are asses," he says absentmindedly, still distraught from the idea of somebody mistreating his friend. Perhaps he should ask Chloe to compile a list of boys who are mean to her and he'll gladly do something about it. Even if he didn't have a crush on Chloe, he still would be very protective of her.

He raises his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying that you shouldn't regret your first boyfriend or something! Y'know, like when you look back at your teenage years, you should be able to say that you had a studmuffin of a boyfriend." he winks at her, nudging her hip with his gently. There's practically a queue formed for boys who want to date Chloe, but he still couldn't comprehend why she would consider somebody like Tyler. The kid's nice, sure. No offense, but the fifteen year old could use some pimple cream and a better sense of style. Matt took him under his wing when he first arrived at Camp Half-Blood, considering how he's one of the oldest campers in the region. He recalls giving his younger friend loads of advice, from how to properly wield a sword to the latest trends in fashion. The two aren't best friends, but they are definitely close. In fact, Matt had previously confided in Tyler numerous times about his conflicts with Chloe. And in return, he asks her out? What an idiot!

Maybe the only reason why Matt's so bitter all the time is because that Chloe had never shown an interest in him. He isn't stupid; he knows how flirty she is. Matt has been the eyewitness to many of her escapades, but never the victim. He's never badmouthed his friends nor fellow campers, but jealousy has gotten the best of him and now he's going around thinking smack about his co-campers. Matt has been branded as the nice guy, the boy next door, the boy every girl dreams about dating. But, the only girl he wants doesn't want him back.

His friendship with Chloe just proves that nice guys do finish last.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: notes in constellations. [dean]   notes in constellations. [dean] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

notes in constellations. [dean]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The Arena-
Jump to: