Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] Empty
PostSubject: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 am

xJin Yu
xJin sat with his back to a tree trunk, his squinted eyes trained on the calm lake before him. No one was swimming, as expected at this time of the year, and it gave him the liberty to appreciate the natural sight. The surface of the water seemed so tranquil, undisturbed but for occasional glimpse of a Naiad or two. The nymphs vanished as quickly as they came though, shrinking away at the sight of him. He always seemed to have an aura of mystery about him, add to the fact that his smiles were scarce, so people and other creatures came to the conclusion that he was one of those creepy sons of Hades. Jin did nothing to convince them otherwise. Even he himself thought he was creepy. After all, he was supposed to be dead more than a thousand years ago.

Jin sighed. He could hear birds tweet overhead, bushes rustling from the undergrowth behind him and occasionally, splashes that told him how one of the nymphs surfaced for a breath of fresh air. He almost dozed off by then if it weren't for the soft padding of footsteps slowly nearing him. He remained in his position still, hands clasped together over his belly and his legs outstretched, not bothering to look at the source of the new sound. It was probably just another camper passing by.
i'm just one of those ghosts traveling endlessly
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Anna parted the bushes, and the fresh scent of the lake met her bored figure. She stepped into the view, and stretched. The day had really been uneventful for Anna. Nothing happened out of ordinary. She had challenged campers at the arena, but they weren't that interested. This pissed Anna out, so she walked out and sulked. The lake happened to be her destination.

She had expected to be alone, but then she saw another camper hanging out at the lake. She raised her eyebrows, and wondered if she could talk to him. Maybe get to make a new friend? Excited, she walked nearer to the guy. "Can I sit here?" she asked brightly. She was smiling, showing that she wasn't here for troubles.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 am

xJin Yu
xIt took Jin a few moments to realize that the girl was talking to him. Sitting up straight, he considered her in an inquisitive gaze. She seemed... excited? Why would that be? He shrugged the thought off quickly. Whatever the cause of her apparent happiness, it was not his business.

Jin did not return her smile but merely gave a brief nod in her direction. He was not annoyed, goodness no, but he had never been the type of person who gave smiles freely. He was never the kind to make the first move either. Jin always gave that honor to the other person. Most did not realize this, however, and took offense to his apparent aloofness. Safe to say that because of this, not a lot of people bothered with the quiet son of Hades.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:35 am

Anna inclined her head in the side a little. Upon giving her his agreement, Anna carefully sat cross-legged a few feet beside him. She let a silence passed between them as she thought of an approach. Apparently, this guy wasn't the talkative type. This was a change to Anna. Usually she was the one keeping quiet until someone talked to her.

But today, she accepted that change. She gazed at the blue canoe lake, where no one really is canoeing. "So what's your name?" she asked the guy. "I'm Anna," she introduced. Okay, lame start. But it was all right, as long as the conversation started.

She had a nagging thought that this will be a sort-of interview. Who knows. But Anna still kept a bright face. She did her best to keep her annoyed and sulking mood in a drawer.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 am

xJin Yu
xJin threw a sideways glance at Anna and gave her another curt nod. He figured she would start a conversation sooner or later. She struck him as the type who would go around and make friends often. Probably a daughter of Apollo, Jin guessed. Most children of the sun god had the same vibe.

"Wo jiao Jin. Hen gao xing ren shi ni," he said in one breath, words slipping out of his mouth before he could think them through. Words which Anna would not probably understand, but he failed to realize it at the time. Under the impression that he had made himself clear, Jin continued to gaze at the lake before them as though he had not introduced himself in Chinese to an American.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 am

The daughter of Demeter was prepared for an obvious answer. But then, she had to look away the moment he replied. She doubted her ears. Was her hearing off? But he had spoken in a language she didn't know. She kept silent for a moment, just staring into the blue lake, just thinking about what this guy said. But what did he say, exactly? Something like shaw-shi-ni, or shi-sun-wo. Or maybe not. This is a pain, she thought sourly. She didn't know what language is that. She only knew it wasn't English.

Anna puzzled over it. She glanced at the guy. "What did you say? I don't understand any of it." She intertwined her fingers, barely unable to give a curious glare at the guy. What if she was the only one not knowing what he meant?
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

xJin Yu
xJin blinked. Hadn't he just made himself clear - oh gods. He slapped a hand to his forehead. He did not just speak Chinese again, did he?

"Sorry," he amended, frowning at Anna. "I slide - slip sometimes. I am Jin. Nice to meet you."

His speech can be quite rusty at times, considering that he wasn't exactly a social person and he mostly learned English from the library. It annoyed him to an extent, how he had to adjust to this whole new world with a completely foreign culture. He could have just died back then, but no. Jin sighed. Life - or death, in his case - would have been so much easier.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:54 am

ANNA MEIRA SANZENIN
Anna nodded, and smiled. Oh, so he was saying that his name was Jin. Got it. But still, Anna had to wonder. Now was the only time that she studied the guy she was talking to. He looked a little bit like Meiko, her cousin, who was Asian. Oh, so he was Asian! Maybe he also speaks Asian. A gear clicked in Anna's mind when she finally realized this.

"That's okay. Everyone make mistakes," she assured him. She paused for a while, and then fired off another question. Was this the only kind of conversation she could make? A sort-of interview? How lame. "Um, what language is that? Japanese?" Anna asked Jin. She'd heard Japanese before, and she knew that language wasn't Japanese or else she would understand it, even a little bit.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:10 pm

xJin Yu
x"Chinese. Mandarin, to be exact," Jin clarified. He was not really surprised by her reaction. Most of the kids he accidentally talked to in Chinese mostly reacted the same way. Some, however, looked like shocked fish. Jin could not understand why those ones were surprised. Last time he checked, he did not look American at all.

Jin spared a brief glance at Anna as his expression softened a little. He quietly wanted her to know that she was welcome to continuing the conversation if she liked and that he was not snubbing her in any way. But then, he would not be surprised if she suddenly made an excuse to leave either. Some kids, the ones who could not take a hint, tended to do that.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:38 pm

ANNA MEIRA SANZENIN
Anna nodded thoughtfully. That's why, she thought. As far as she knew, she didn't know any Mandarin, or Chinese at all. She only knew Japanese, and even she did know Japanese, only little of it. But then, why would an Asian guy like him be here at camp? Immediately, Anna wanted to hit herself. Of course he was a demigod! Of course he'd be at camp even if he was Asian!

Then she felt guilty. Anyway, she shook it off. She went into the normal way of demigods'-first-meeting conversation. "Who's your godly parent?" she asked. Judging from his looks... well, Anna was blank. Besides, she wasn't in the mood of thinking and scrutinizing things right now. All she wanted to do was to relax. "This is my first time seeing you. I'm a daughter of Demeter." The first fact made sense. She wasn't a year-rounder.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]   wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wanted to belong here but something felt so wrong [Fudge]
Page 1 of 1