Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] Empty
PostSubject: i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]   i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 pm

i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] Tumblr_lat8avYsov1qepg3ao1_500_large
june helen prenston

June sat dejectedly in the corner of the room, having already placed herself by a very small emergency exit. She was already planning her escape from the room that reminded her of one of her worst days. The stars stung to look at. June was being forced to supervise the party, and she simply wouldn't make a scene of being there. That would make her look weak. To everyone but herself and Caleb, June was a monster, and she would keep up that image.
To think of it... June was probably a monster to Caleb as well. Uncomfortably, June pulled on the sleeves of her black shrug and pushed them both up to her elbows. Her bracelet, the one that looked exactly like her "dangerous" label, except without the words and with a snap to take it off, hung loosely on her wrist, and June's hands fumbled nervously with her necklace. Her dress was simple and purple, and on her feet, June had actually worn her mucked up training boots. Why would she completely dress up to sit in the corner of a boring and painful dance and stare at other demigods? The night was ticking by slowly. An hour of "fun" had passed, and all June had done was sit and think about how much it hurt to look up at the stars. Caleb loved stars. Caleb was going to take her to see the stars.
Instead his mom had died.
June inhaled deeply, as if she had been struck by something, at the thought of Caleb's mom. Her night was already sour enough. She didn't need the death that weighed on her conscience pulling her down. A nervous boy approached her slowly, and without saying anything, he shakily gestured to the dance floor. June literally laughed at him and sat back in her chair. As if relieved, the boy trotted off. He had probably been around a year younger than her. Stupid kid. People knew who June was, but they didn't know her story. They didn't know what happened with Caleb. Most of the kids at camp had actually just assumed the two had been dating. With them completely separated, they were both available. June had power, and had been noticed by a few dorks, but she wasn't interested in any of them. The confused daughter of Ares didn't even think she was capable of liking someone. Not anymore, maybe she had never been able to enjoy someone else. She didn't really know. Things were weird now.
Flustered with her thoughts, June stood up abruptly and pushed her chair to the side. On top of her head, June wore a snapback hat, purple to match her dress with some black to match her boots. Her thick hair was straightened and pushed behind her shoulders, while her side bangs were clipped above her ear with a nearly broken bobby pin. It blew behind her as she forcefully opened the nearly hidden door that had been next to her chair and exposed herself to the crisp night air. It smelled like winter outside, and her small shrug wasn't exactly keeping her warm, still, anything was better than being inside the stupid star themed dance. Almost positive she was out of earshot of the dance, June let out a frustrated scream and clenched her fists into balls, which she pressed against her temples. Stress. She could feel a pressure pushing down on her, and she needed release.
The dancehall was squished next to some trees, with an alley only a few feet wide. It was dark behind the building, but she wasn't exactly scared of anything anymore. She was the object of fear. Leaning against a tree that set the border between alley and forest, June screamed again and pulled a chunk of bark off of the woodland post. "I hope you rot in hell!" June shouted to the sky, though she knew her dad wasn't capable of dying. Percy Jackson had beaten him in a sword fight. He simply shed some gold blood and recovered. Her knees trembled, both from cold and from exasperation, and the tired girl rested her cheek against the tree once more. She hated every minute of solitude she had been forced into. She hated every stare. She hated every emotion-packed word she had ever spoken to Caleb. She hated Caleb. She hated herself. She was too scared to kill herself, though, and she half-hoped she was protecting Caleb by staying alive. If she was gone, he would be the only target. His life had already been torn apart. She also hoped that if she was gone, he would care.
After clearing her head and making sure she wasn't about to start crying, June turned back towards the door with which she had fled through. "Go back in, Prenston," June whispered to herself, spinning her bracelet around her wrist uncomfortably.
The alley was so dark, she didn't notice the person who walked in front of her. She collided with him and forced herself to take a step back. Her back was pressed against the tree as she held her shoulder. "Hey! Watch where you're—oh dammit." June was starting to adjust to the darkness, and she could recognize this demigod's face anywhere. She had just ran into Caleb Wright. Of course! Of. Course. "Ass!" June shouted, trying to shove past the boy. She wanted to see him, but she was convinced that if she did, she would forgive him, and it was easier to stay away and protect herself when she hated the son of Momus, even if she was also positive she didn't hate Caleb. Some of her instincts told her she did. The doubt kept her from doing something stupid. She didn't want to erase the life-saving doubt.

outfit here

built a wall around my heart
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]   i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 am

Caleb stood outside the renovated mess hall. He was dressed in a white button-down polo with a leather jacket thrown over it, complete with a pair of black slacks hugging his waist. It wasn't in his plans to actually participate in the stupid dance event, but that didn't stop him from trying to look good like his fellow campers. He couldn't imagine himself dressed ruggedly as he lingered just a few yards away from the building. Caleb did give a damn about how he looked, and he'd rather face off against an army of Hydras than look like some beggar watching the other campers file past in formal wear in front of him. Honestly though, it did seem like a wasted effort if he was only going to stay like this for the rest of the night.

Caleb huffed, catching a glimpse of the dance hall from afar. The space setting... The stars... Well, it really looked nice. And warm. The cabin leaders had definitely outdone themselves this time. The son of Momus had yet to throw a criticism regarding the whole event, and finding one was quite difficult when you were stuck outside like some dateless loser. He wouldn't want it any other way though. No one had asked him to the dance - which irked him to an extent - but the girls were probably too scared of him to even attempt to. Hell, maybe they were more terrified of June, whom Caleb had not seen since the time he threw a knife at her in the arena.

Raking his fingers through his brushed up dark hair, Caleb heaved a sigh and started walking around the building. His boots scuffed against the snow as he skirted across the imaginary border that separated the forest from the hall. This would've been easier if he would just swallowed his pride and entered the hall, but Caleb would have none of it. He was avoiding the daughter of Ares. Although, if he wanted to avoid her that badly, why couldn't he have just stayed in Cabin 2? Right, because he wanted to see for himself the rumored space theme. Because he really looked forward to spending the night outside the hall where it was freezing just to peek at the decorations from a distance.

Okay, maybe he didn't totally want to avoid June. But whatever that meant only confused him further, so Caleb put it at the back of his mind for now. But then...

"I hope you rot in hell!"

Wait... June? She wasn't talking to him, was she? Who was she talking to, then? Troubled, he made his way towards the girl who promptly collided with him before he could properly gather his thoughts. Surprised and honestly a little confused whether to consider this an unfortunate meeting or not, he stepped back to give her some space. Despite the lack of light in the area, Caleb could make out the sight of June with her straightened hair and purple dress. His jaw went slack. She looked... nice. Well, more than nice, but that was as far as he was going to admit.

The son of Momus heaved a sigh as he stayed rooted in his position despite June's attempts to shove past him. He should be letting her go. Hadn't that been the plan? Why the hell was he stopping her? Before he could dwell on that too much, something caught his eye and he caught her wrist in a tight grip. The bracelet struck him as familiar and something sank in his chest at the sight, but he quickly recovered when he realized that it wasn't what he was thinking about.

"And hello to you too. Aren't you supposed to be inside?"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]   i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 pm

june helen prenston

June stared at Caleb, having done a pitiful job of removing herself from the scene. Why was he acting so carefree? He hadn't moved out of her way to let her by, and then he starts chatting her up. Was there a part of Caleb, just like there was a part of June, that wanted to stop being apart? She was getting her hopes up, but there was something there... something warm and inviting. Like belonging. Her boots clicked against the frozen dirt underneath her feet as she straightened her posture and stood close to Caleb. He was dressed up, and no matter how much she didn't want to admit it, Caleb needed to dress like this every day. He looked nice, even in the dark.
"No, stop it. You can't do this. Stay away," her conscience murmured to her. June had never been a rule follower, she wasn't going to start today. She would stay outside with Caleb. Ares wouldn't kill them so close to a party. June was nearly 110% positive. They wouldn't be able to do anything about it, but an entire camp of scared demigods would not be good for the war god. She wouldn't die tonight. June knew that, she could feel it, but getting back with Caleb was so dangerous. They wouldn't die tonight, but they could always die the next night, or in a week.
The daughter of Ares was conflicted and she avoided Caleb's question entirely. "Aren't you supposed to be stay away from me?" She huffed before relaxing against the tree behind her."I mean, I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't stay away, but seriously. Whose awful idea was this?" June laughed at herself and sighed because laughing in front of Caleb was weird. "I was inside, but dances aren't fun when you're dateless and forced to be there." June's expression twisted into one of disgust and a little depression, but the sadness was mostly hidden by the darkness outside. It was night, after all, and there were in a sort of makeshift, unlit alley.
"Shouldn't you be going... to see the stars?" June looked at her wrist, right where Caleb had grabbed it, and held it closely to her chest. It wasn't that she had any issues with Caleb grabbing her, but the fact that he had touched her made her skin sting. That was a feeling she had missed. Closeness.
And togetherness.
And courage.
And the almost love.
And everything about Caleb.
Frickin' Caleb Austin Wright.
"I don't blame you for not going in, really. It's prettier inside than out, but people scare you don't they? Normal people." June played with the Beats slung around her neck and she looked at her feet. They were plugged into her cracked iPhone 4, but that had died nearly an hour ago. They had mostly just been used to block out the noise of everyone else at the dance. And to make her look busy.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]   i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:47 am

"They don't scare me," Caleb forced out through gritted teeth. He would rather not be reminded of their past encounter, thank you. Taking a step back, he huffed and hooked his thumbs in the belt loops of his trousers, his eyes flickering to a spot somewhere else that wasn't June. He felt a twinge of discomfort, being this close to her. It felt wrong. Had things changed so much that it caused an air of awkwardness around him? Did it have something to do with him throwing a knife at her a while back?

But then, a small part of him was absolutely positive that whatever this was now, it was right.

"I can just look up, can't I? Plenty of stars up there." Caleb sighed, regretting the rough sarcastic edge of his tongue. Glancing at the emergency exit June must have used to get out, he smirked and continued, "Has no one asked you to the dance? Figures. You're just that terrifying, apparently."

Caleb kicked at the ground, watching the snow gather up around his feet. He knew full well that he hadn't answered June's other questions but he didn't care, nor did he have any plans to respond to them. Why not keep the game going instead? "Are we that dangerous?" he asked, his eyes snapping up to meet hers. "How many times have we come close to killing the other? And other people? Is that why we're kept apart?"

As he spoke, Caleb still couldn't get the image of him chucking that knife out of his head. He wouldn't admit how it kept eating him up in the inside, how guilt nibbled at the edges of his conscience that he couldn't help but wonder: was this the reason why Ares didn't want him around June in the first place? Had he foreseen him dealing the blow that might have robbed his daughter of her life? Had the god actually cared?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]   i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:15 am

june helen prenston

"Whatever," June mumbled as she gritted her teeth. She didn't really want to upset Caleb, not ever again. She had made him mad, and she knew what his anger led to now. She didn't want to hurt him like that. Still, her bitterness was evident in her short, brisk response.
"Don't be such a draaag, Caleb. Party-pooper." June scoffed and crossed her arms. But as she did so, she chuckled. Saying his name, his whole name without any corny nicknames, felt like some sort of progress. Caleb. The word hadn't even rolled off of her tongue awkwardly. "More like has no one asked you to the dance, buddy. It's Sadie Hawkins, or had you not heard?" June raised her eyebrows and wondered if anyone actually had asked Caleb to the dance. The idea of some random girl liking Caleb made her blood boil in an emotion that could only be described as jealously, but what was there for her to be jealous of? Caleb was hardly her friend now. He was very much available. The realization forced June to frown and shiver. The idea of other people taking Caleb away from her was maddening.
Were they that dangerous? Yes, June supposed they were. Playing with her bracelet, June nodded slowly. "I was never a wiz at math. I don't think I could count that high." June laughed to herself, but it was a very pitiful laugh, and she even sounded sad. She didn't want to be a danger to Caleb, but she was. Oh, she definitely was.
"We're dangerous. We always have been. But I hope that's not the reason we're supposed to be apart. It's not like we've even come close to destroying camp or anything. Just... ourselves." June sighed at looked up. "I see your point." She managed a fading smile, but she felt more natural already. This was how it felt to not worry so much. Being carefree couldn't last, though. It wasn't in the demigods' nature.
"What are you thinking about?" June asked as she stared at Caleb. Inching closer, June started to whisper. "You okay?" The daughter of Ares raised on eyebrow at her best friend and dropped her cocky smile. June felt very protective all of a sudden, and completely firm. She was not okay with the regret she had watched pass over Caleb's face. Regret sucked, and it hurt.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]   i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i hate what didn't kill me [private juleb]
Page 1 of 1