Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Robots Don't Have Hearts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Robots Don't Have Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Robots Don't Have Hearts   Robots Don't Have Hearts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I'm capable of romance, or sexual desire. I joke and say like oh yeah I'd tap that, and it sounds fantastic in theory. But when it comes down to it, I've never found much of that appealing. I've tried things here and there, but none of it's really..fun? Or even something I feel like doing. Like I have an extreme apathy towards it all. In fiction, awesome, yes, heck yes it's cute and I love it. When it happens to me? Nothing. When a genuinely good guy shows up, sticks around, cares, expresses feelings, I feel nothing.

I felt something, feel something for a guy I haven't seen since August. I've been "in love" with him since the 8th grade. But I've never been able to put my finger on what it is about him that I'm actually attracted to. He's not particularly nice, so smart that you can't understand his jokes or what he's saying, arrogant, unsociable, and rather plain. Not even an attractive body or face, save for maybe his jawline. But I've been attached to this guy for years, and I wanted to be with him. But my mom proposed an idea to me a while back that I've been thinking of more and more recently: that I'm not in love with the boy, but I'm in love with the idea of being in love with the boy. When it comes down to it? I'm looking for relationships or just something to lust for, but not actually searching. I'm looking for fun, and sure, I'll try it, but thus far my experiences have left me bored and pleasureless. Recently I've been wondering if I'm asexual, or possibly demisexual, where I'd have to make an emotional connection to the person before I can actually have any fun.

But it seems like more than that, because Caleb and Jim and Zac and Tom are texting me, wondering what's up, how I've been, if I want to hang out, eat dinner or skateboard or play guitar or whatever. They want hugs and touchy feely things that I can't find myself having the desire to return. With anyone. Not friends, not family, not people. My cats maybe, but that's in a completely platonic way. I mean, they're balls of fluff that purr when you pet them. Why wouldn't you want to snuggle? But people? If I get to be big spoon or little spoon or if we're doing something romantic like looking up at the stars or just talking about anything in the dead of night, when he wraps his arms around me I feel nothing. And then I question why I'm alone, and whether I will be this way forever. Whether I want to be this way forever.

And you see these photos and quotes and drawings that people all over the world make about the concept of love and how valuable it is in our lives. How both monsters and men are capable of this one, overwhelmingly beautiful, passionate feeling. It's everywhere. Ubiquitous. If it breathes, it feels love. And most of the time I feel like I don't, and my over-curious self wants to know just what it feels like. Maybe I have felt it and I don't know it. That would suck, because then it's not really all I thought it would be. But I have the sneaking suspicion that I've never been in love, and I'm extremely afraid that I never will be. Makes me feel kind of robotic.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Robots Don't Have Hearts   Robots Don't Have Hearts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Two more down, one is in my phone. He's genuine, took care of me and wants to just hang out. Simple, smooth. I even remember his name. Still no feelings though. He talked to my friends, and really wants to get to know me. He's cute, charming in an awkward way. We shared a few drinks, and he carried me home. And I'm still not interest in anything.

The other boy, something of a masochist. An alcoholic, but that's his only flaw it seems. Fantastic body and face. An adorable lip ring. Party animal. He's very good at what he does. And still, I'm bored.

edit:
Forgot, there's another kid who texts me at least a dozen times today to ask me how I am, what I'm up to, if I'd like to hang out, what I'm interested in.

Maybe my standards are just too high? I don't even know what my standards are though. Maybe love just doesn't exist for anyone. Maybe it's a myth. Hell if I'd know.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Robots Don't Have Hearts   Robots Don't Have Hearts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:59 pm

maybe none of these are just the right guy, sni. you probably have thought of that before, though. i mean, with the guys i talk to, he has to be the right guy. i pretty much have to have liked him first for there to be anything (feeling wise happening). i think you gotta find the right guy. it sounds like nothing's clicking. you gotta feel the click lol.

ya feel me?

text me if you're confused loll.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Robots Don't Have Hearts   Robots Don't Have Hearts I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:14 am

Yeah but how many guys do I have to go through before I find the right guy. ;__;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robots Don't Have Hearts   Robots Don't Have Hearts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robots Don't Have Hearts
Page 1 of 1