Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

"without chaos, one cannot find balance."

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dean
Experienced Poster

"without chaos, one cannot find balance." Empty
PostSubject: "without chaos, one cannot find balance."   "without chaos, one cannot find balance." I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:23 am

"without chaos, one cannot find balance"

Make sure you listen to the track just under the title whilst reading!

Ethan had never know such pain and darkness yet there was this other thing, this other concept but he couldn’t quite grasp what it was. Was it passion? No. It was desire. Yes, desire. Ethan desired becoming special. Powerful even. All at the cost of becoming blind in his left eye. His head was pounding. His right eye stung and his left. Was it even there? He couldn’t see through it nor feel it. He let his fingers slowly rise up to feel his eyelids and check it the eyeball was still there. It was. With a relieved breath his mother spoke, “You chose well my son. You have made me proud, now remember, revenge and justice are very different. Don’t get the two confused.” Ethan nodded not trusting himself to speak to his mother. With a poof his mother disappeared into smoke.

Groaning Ethan slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes. He felt lost. He couldn’t even remember where he was at that moment. He glanced around with his right eye and saw an eye patch lying in the now charred grass. He got up slowly, painfully, his spinal cord cracking as he did like he’d been sitting in the same position for at least a week. He walked over and grabbed the eye patch. Ethan looked at it and placed it over his left eye. The son of Nemesis was so different from before. This one thing. This magical, painful offering to change fate and make him someone instead of a nobody. Ethan would have a voice. Recognition far beyond anything he could have dreamt of before.

Pivoting around on his heel Ethan located his sword and walked over also grabbing it and putting it away safely. Carefully he started walking towards the dark forest just to the left of him. He knew what he had to do. However he had to be evil for a little while longer. Ethan’s memories of that night were slowly coming back and he knew where he was. He was just outside Kronos’ Camp. His “home” instead of Camp Half-Blood. Slowly but surely the deeper into the forest he got the more monsters he saw popping up. Getting into character he smiled evilly at the more human-like monsters and walked to the centre of camp where Luke – now Kronos – sat in a chair. Ethan slowly, still a bit stiff, bowed to the Titan, “My mother gave me a choice my lord. I will now have the power to change fate,” Ethan said still with his head down. Kronos’ laugh boomed through the camp as his brother Perses appeared with a ravage smile on his face obviously having overheard, “Today is the day we will thank Ethan for handing us victory over the Olympians!” Kronos shouted.

Ethan smiled cruelly from where Kronos was unable to see. A savage twist that was almost non-human. A smile Ethan had perfected during his time here at this hellhole. He rose and bid his goodbye and left. He needed to train for what was to come. Who would he back this time? It wasn’t long until Kronos would hit the Olympians. Typhon was moving through the country and all the gods with the exception of Poseidon and Hades were fighting him. Poseidon was busy fighting Oceanus and Hades just sat back in his throne room hiding in the Underworld. Ethan scoffed at the thought.

He saw the Titan brothers walk into Kronos' tent and he was called over. As lieutenant he had to be there when they discussed battle plans. Turning around again with a little sigh Ethan walked into the grand tent. He took his place on the end of the table as two other demi-gods, a couple of monsters and Krios also came in. Looking around the table Ethan saw Kronos at the head with Perses, Titan of Destruction and Krios at his sides. Then there were two Empousai and another human-like monster. Across from him sat another demigod and next to him too. He didn’t know their names. No-one knew each others names here because no-one was actually bothered about someone else. You came here to give the Titans back Olympus and then all you did was step aside and avoid death. In Ethans case, the monsters of course fought to the death but they were single-minded, bloodthirsty beasts. What more could you expect of them?

The raging battle was a blur to Ethan. He had been attacked by Kronos for not remembering where he’d attacked Percy when Annabeth had jumped in front of his knife. He felt bad about attacking Annabeth. He’d never had anything against her. He’d shouted at Percy about balance only to realise…what he was doing now, wouldn’t bring balance. It would bring unbalance to the world. The Olympians kept the world as it should be now. The Titans wanted chaos. They wanted to rule. Ethan had been wrong. Everything around him seemed to stop moving. He took a slow stuttering breath. He’d been wrong. Ethan saw his entire life, he replayed everything he’d ever done. He had to rethink his whole life. The only conclusion he could come up with was switching. Switching sides. Ethan would wait for the dead of night and leave the Titans. Never again would he join them.

Ethan saw that the Olympians had lost as the Titans started going up into Olympus. Ethan rushed through the battle from Kronos' side cutting down the demons whilst making his way there. His black hair was matted on his face, he was covered in dirt, blood and sweat. Right this moment, Ethan didn't care. He didn't care about anything except killing Kronos and helping Percy. He rushed to the elevator and went up quickly. He ran out into Olympus. When he got there he took a second to take a breath but began sprinting up the stairs and running. Kronos was already fighting Percy. Ethan took out a throwing knife and threw it. It hit Kronos but he wasn't bothered at all in anyway. Ethan reckoned that he didn't even notice. He stopped and took a deep breath. He knew that if he did this, he wouldn't survive. He didn't care anymore. He had done so much evil, it was time for him to pay. They always say everything comes at a price. For demi-gods, that is always the case. Ethan took out his sword and raised it. With a swirl he brought the knife down and cut clean across Kronos' back breaking the sword in two. With a huge thunderous scream, Kronos turned around. Before Kronos could hurt Ethan, Ethan himself already did it. The broken part of his sword had landed in his stomach just under his heart. Ethan looked at the blade and felt his life slowly chip away.

Everything went dark and then back into blazing light. He was flickering in between consciousness. Just in time, he saw Percy defeat Kronos. Only now could he rest easy. He was Percy come over and ask him and tell him all sorts of things. With a smile Ethan shook his head, "Deserve better...if they only had thrones-" he breathed the words to Percy before diverting his gaze to the night sky and closing his eyes. His time was up. His adventures had come to an end. Never again would anyone seen Ethan. He reckoned that when he went to the Underworld, he would get punished for his deeds but it did not matter. Ethan knew he'd done right at the end. He knew he'd saved Olympus. He would take any punishment Hades could dish out.

Ethan's eyes flickered open. He stood up and looked around. He was dead. He was in Hades' throne room. He saw the god sit at the end of the long hallway. Ethan slowly made his way forwards to be judged. To find out what would happen to him in the afterlife. Unafraid and feeling slightly defeated because he couldn't help Percy any more, Ethan stepped forwards and bowed, "M'lord Hades," he said and straightened up again. Hades regarded him slowly, "Young warrior. You did terrible things, yet I cannot judge you on this alone. I must also judge you on what you did just before you died. What you did then made sure it was still me who judged you," he grumbled, "Therefore, as a reward and to show my mercy, I allowed you to continue into the Elysi-" Hades' eyes widened in shock as he was interrupted by Ethan himself, "My lord, as honoured as I am, I cannot accept such a gift. If I may, I would like to drink from the River Lethe and be reborn. I wish to learn from my former life and show others love concurs all," he said strongly. A bit taken aback, Hades didn't know what to say. Instead, he rose of his throne, motioned for Ethan to follow him and started walking out of the castle towards the River Lethe which was right next to the castle. Ethan looked at Hades who spread his arm letting him know that Ethan may enter the river and drink. Slowly Ethan started to walk into the river and drank the water. He could feel his soul wash clean. Slowly become pure and innocent again. With a gleeful smile Ethan was washed down stream.

The little infant who'd just been born opened his big green eyes to look at the woman who just gave birth to him, "My little darling Alejandro," the woman whispered to him in Spanish. He squealed once before falling asleep on his mothers chest.

1606 words

Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

"without chaos, one cannot find balance." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "without chaos, one cannot find balance."   "without chaos, one cannot find balance." I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 pm

The story is hereby finished.
Back to top Go down

"without chaos, one cannot find balance."
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard :: Past Events-
Jump to: