Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

CHB Fanfiction Contest

Go down 
+8
lara croft
dean
Balisugar
Nico
Sniggle
Kol Mikaelson
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Angel
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

CHB Fanfiction Contest Empty
PostSubject: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Kat wrote:
    Hello members of Camp Half Blood. The staff and I have come to the conclusion that it was time to have some fun and strike up some competition! Looking at how amazing everyone of you have come to Role-Play and how large your imaginations seem to be, we thought it was too brilliant an opportunity to pass up than to come up with a little challenge for all of you.

The challenge will consist of writing a short story, anywhere between 1,000 and 3,000 words long that is centered around a character in the Percy Jackson series. We chose a not so well known character for this weeks challenge to be able to see how far in depth you can go for this character in a short story. This week's character is Ethan Nakamura! You'll have two weeks to create a story about something he is involved with. You'll have to stay with the basic facts known about him, but what we don't know about him is up to you to create. Deepen his character and share with us something about him! Did he ever go on a quest? Was he ever in love with anyone? You tell us! At the end of the two weeks, there will be a weeklong period of reviewing. Don't forget that all site rules still apply to the writing submissions.

By the end of the week, your judging panel will have decided on their favorite story, and the author of that story will win a ~faaaabulous~ prize! The winner will be able to have the choice between an extra character slot or 1,000 drachmas. Your judges for this round consist of three lovely members of our staff: Rachie, Nico, and Zelly! A sub-forum listed under the Fan Fiction section will be made for your entries. Entries for the Ethan Nakamura must be sent in between August 1st and August 14th. The judges will have the winners posted by the 21st, a week after the competition has ended.

So, if you have that knack for writing fanfiction, or you really need the drachmas, or simply can't deny an oportunity to get into some competition, than submit your story in the contest! Give us all you've got! Blow us away with your talent! Remember to have fun, and Good Luck!

Sincerely Yours,
Tha Camp Half Blood Staff

This is posted here so members
can have easy access to the summary of the contest.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Last edited by Katniss Everdeen on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi there! I think you are supposed to make a new topic altogether for your fan fiction, so if you could move this that would be great.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 am

Well, I PMed Zelly, and he said to put it here . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:24 am

I meant in the sub-forum, not the thread, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 pm

THE CONTEST IS COMPLETE.

Judges have one week to review the submissions and decide on a winner. c:
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Bump for completion.

Anyone have ideas for who September's character subject will be? I'm kinda thinking Will Solace, but I really don't care who we choose lol
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 pm

I think Rachel would be a fun person!
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 pm

I remember it being Silena? xD It might just be me remembering wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 am

Maybe Katie Gardiner or Miranda Gardner. Demeter children aren't really very big in the books. So one of them might be fun.
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:09 am

Malcoooooolm :D
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 am

Calypso /shot

XD No. Kidding aside, Calypso...Hestia....Silena....Will Solace. They would all be really interesting to write about XD
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:24 pm

What about one of the hunters? That might be interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I like the idea of Silena!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:57 am

I think Beckondorf would be cool :3
Back to top Go down
BrettMorgan

BrettMorgan

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Butch, that dude from the Iris cabin?
Clarisse La Rue?
Brett Morgan?
Jason Grace?
What about Lacey from Aphrodite? She's really minor...
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Beckendorf /shot
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:35 pm

It's that time again! A new month means a new fanfiction contest--and hopefully some more people will be willing to join! The rules are the same as last time. You have until September 14th, two weeks, to get your full entries in, and then the judges will have a week to read and review the stories. The winner will receive their choice of either 1,000 drachmas, or an extra character slot! Don't tell me that doesn't sound tempting. D: Heck, I'd join if I could. But, you know the rules, the mods and admins cannot partake in the competition, as this is members only~! You lucky ducks. >:V Anyway, Zelly will be returning as a judge for the second round, and Kat and I will be joining him.

This time, the judges have decided that your character subject is Silena Beauregard. So write a story with her as the main character, keep what you know about her accurate, and make up the rest! The story, once again, will need to be within 1,000 to 3,000 words. I know many of you last round put the word count up, which was very helpful. :D So if you can do that again, the judges would appreciate it. ♥

So what are you waiting for? Get to typing! If you win, you'll get yourself a permanent spot in CHB's fanfiction hall of fame~
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:46 pm

What about character mods? Are they not allowed to enter as well?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 pm

lololol already made my submission cause i have no life
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:28 pm

character mods can.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Yayz! Thanks, Sni! :D
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 am

Mhm. c:
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Really? Only 2 submissions including mine?

orzll

i feel like, so alone */sobs*
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 pm

... I wanna enter, but... seems I can't. O____O So busy nowadays... and only on Sept. 14 did my contest ends /sobs.

Anyway, good luck to you all!
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHB Fanfiction Contest   CHB Fanfiction Contest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHB Fanfiction Contest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next