Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stevie

Stevie

I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. Empty
PostSubject: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:48 am

As some of you may know, I'm not the best when it comes to watching the things I do, or say.
My problem, is, If I see somebody else disobeying the rules, I suddenly think it's okay to do what they're doing.
For example, cursing.
Lately, however, The subject of Sexuality has been brought up.
For reasons I'm not comfortable with saying, I really don't like hearing the words "Gay," or "Bi".
When I see someone even remotely bring it up, I warn them.

But... Ha, You know what's funny?

Nobody listens to me.
I wont say names, but a few members don't heed my warning, and continue on about the subject.
I'm very.. in a word.. fragile around stuff like that. It's a bad subject for me, and I don't appreciate labels.

I guess what I'm really asking is for.. possibly, I don't know.
A way to make people respect me more? So they'll listen to me?
At this point I really don't want to be in the chat box if people keep this up.

Yes, this is the first time I've gone into something like this,
but these are my last few weeks here on chb, I'd rather not spend them being upset.

But I'm only Me. Heck, this post might not even be read. Whatever.

~ Stevie.
Back to top Go down
http://illuminahty.tumblr.com/
xxxxxx

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah, i have seen couple of people swear in the chatbox but there is nothing wrong with being homo or bisexual but some people use it in an offensive way and there COULD be some bi members in this forum. So yeah... I agree with you and I think they should add a swear filter or something to the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:26 pm

I don't think that's the real problem. Remember Pip? She left because she wasn't being payed attention to in the c-box. This is a big issue. If someone isn't comfortable with the subject beng talked about, and theyve asked m.ultiple times for people to stop, that's not right. I'm being VERY general, so correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of people have been complaining about it.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 am

While I'm proud that you've gone and told people, yo, no cursing, there are some subjects that are normal subjects and shouldn't be considered weird and if you don't like it, that's unfortunate but you can always leave chat and return at a time it is not being discussed.

Like my irrational fear of tiny clusters of small holes. If you guys talk about coral it's not like I'm going to make you stop just because I don't like it. There are no rules being broken in that so people have a right to discuss it.

But cursing isn't acceptable and people should be listening to you and your warnings when you tell them not to curse.

Homosexuality? Bisexuality? As normal as heterosexuality, pansexuality, asexuality, etc. etc. and not something I think should be tiptoed around. Especially because I know for a fact there are people on this site who fall into the homosexual/bisexual category, and for us to tiptoe around it or consider that a bad topic is somewhat disgraceful in my eyes.

So yeah, we shouldn't be cursing, we shouldn't be discussing overly-sexual things or basically anything rated M but if someone is talking about something PG then they have the right to do so.

Sorry Stevie, you know I love you. ♥
Back to top Go down
Stevie

Stevie

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:14 am

Sniggle, I don't feel like you understand a word of my rant. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:52 am

Maybe not. Either way I'm sorry you're upset.
Back to top Go down
Stevie

Stevie

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:07 am

It's fine. Not like I have long to be upset.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.   I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I feel like I'm not respected in the chatbox.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Rants & Life Issues-
Jump to: