Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Smells like Home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

Smells like Home Empty
PostSubject: Smells like Home   Smells like Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Strawberries. There was a field of them wild near home. And boy was Cerise homesick. Sitting at the edge of the field, the large girl breathed in the smell, her knees tucked to her chest. She wasn't as well dressed as the other girls from Aphrodite's cabin, mainly because most of her luggage had been lost on the way. Around her neck was a glittering gold heart locket, which she was looking at now. Two pictures were inside. An older blond man, with smile-lines and stubble, and a blond boy with a goofy grin. Letting out a sigh, she clicked the locket closed and leaned her head on her knees.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Smells like Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smells like Home   Smells like Home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 am

Smells like Home Aura
Smells like Home Tumblr_m4cy2lODUd1rv5ae5o1_1280

Aura inhaled through her nose. The small of strawberries was strong, almost overwhelming. It intoxicated her senses. She knew she'd smell like strawberries for the rest of the day, but she didn't care. The small of the red fruit had always appealed to her. It had been a scent that she enjoyed. She associated it with her first grade teacher, Mrs. Wrighte. She had a lotion that she put on her hands every morning, and it smelled just like strawberries. Aura smiled at the memory. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and crossed her arms. She wasn't all that cold, considering the warm weather they were having, but she still wore her leather jacket. It was a safety blanket for her. She also wore her dream catcher necklace and her skeleton cameo ring. The three items, jacket, necklace, and right, were always on her. It didn't matter what the occasion was, she had them all. Debra often frowned at her for it. She told her she had to dress up everyone once in a while and even made her purchase two dresses, but Aura wasn't the dressy sort of person. She liked t-shirts and jeans. Simple things that didn't bring attention to her. Aura, despite the fact that she liked people and liked to talk to them, would never admit such a thing. Besides, it was simple, dark clothing that appealed to her.
Aura looked up. She saw a girl sitting at the end of the path Aura was on. The daughter of Phobetor tilted her head to the side. The girl didn't look familiar. Deciding to be friendly today, Aura strolled over to her and gave a small smile. "Hi there." Aura gave an awkward wave. Despite the fact that the teen did enjoy interacting with people, she wasn't all that good at it.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Vixy

Vixy

Smells like Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smells like Home   Smells like Home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

The large girl looked up, blinking. She hadn't expected anyone to come around the area. "Hello there, sugar." she responded, her accent thick. Turning to look at the other girl more completely, she gave a friendly smile. "You come out this way to think, too?" she asked, looking worriedly back towards camp. "My daddy grows strawberries back home..." She looked to the fruit, homesickness eating at her stomach.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Smells like Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smells like Home   Smells like Home I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Smells like Home Aura

Aura arched an eyebrow. Sugar? She couldn't help the smile that crept across her face. Aura instantly saw the girl as one of those woman you saw taking orders in diners, or as a Southern Bell. She watched the girl a moment before she nodded her head. "Yeah, this is a good place to think. And the smell of strawberries..." her voice trailed off and she smiled faintly, "It reminds me of home too." Aura snatched a fruit from the vine. She got a nasty took from a Demeter girl, but Aura just ignored her. She plopped down across from the girl and offered her the fruit. She had a child-like way of greeting new people, if she sensed that they were nice. This girl seemed like someone she could become friends with, and Aura didn't exactly have very many friends. "My name's Auralee, but I go by Aura," she explained, offering a small, but friendly smile. Aura was not usually the type of person to walk up to someone and just strike up a conversation. She liked conversing, but she was far too proud of her reputation as a loner to give in to the need for company that she had. It was an aching need in the pit of her stomach, one that she kept hidden most days. She believed it made her look weak, helpless, and too trusting. However, today there was something different. Perhaps it was the smell of strawberries making her nostalgic, or perhaps it was because the girl looked like she could use some company. Either way, she was determined to keep a conversation going, she was determined to make a friend.

Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

Smells like Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smells like Home   Smells like Home I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Taking the strawberry, the Aphrodite's ruby red lips would turn up in a pretty smile. "Thank you. I'm Cerise Bellemont. You'd be meeting my brother too, if he didn't land himself in the infirmary. Our journey here was a little rough." Cerise was a family girl, it was obvious from the look in her eyes. She wanted to find a weapon and hunt down the monster that had hurt her twin. But instead, she took a bite of the juicy, red strawberry. Holding her hand under it to catch any dribbling juice, she smiled. "Reminds me of home... There's love in these berries."

Finishing it, Cerise pulled some wet wipes from her bag, cleaning her fingers and chin carefully. Cerise wasn't afraid to get down and dirty with the others, but did like to be tidy if she wasn't wrestling. "So, what do y'all do for fun 'round here?" she asked, smiling. "I've only been here a day or so. I've got to learn to be a good half-blood."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Smells like Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smells like Home   Smells like Home I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Smells like Home Aura

Aura felt sympathy for the girl. She didn't have much of a family anymore, but if she did she'd protect them with everything she had. Aura crossed her legs and looked up at Cerise. "I'm sorry to hear that..." she murmured. Aura offered a small smile. "Anything I can to do help your brother, I will." Aura was mildly confused as to why she was being so nice to this girl. She normally wasn't a friendly person, so this kindness was something entirely new to her. Aura glanced around with a small chuckle. "Fun, huh?" She shrugged her shoulders. "Lots of people go swimming now that it's summer. I'm not all that big on swimming, so I usually just go for walks around camp, train, hang out in the library...stuff like that." Aura was the sort of person that didn't do much. She doodled horrible drawings, read some books, or went for strolls. She didn't really have many friends, or even acquaintances, that she could spend her time with. "The minor gods cabin is too big and broad, but I know that other cabins have gone on field trips, or training expeditions, and stuff like that," she added with a small nod. Sometimes Aura wished she wasn't just piled into the Hera cabin with the rest of the non-Olympian demigods. It was crowded, loud, and there was no privacy. But then again, having a cabin full of your siblings wouldn't be a lot of fun either.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smells like Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smells like Home   Smells like Home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smells like Home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: