Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Start Of Something New

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LoveLoveLovix

LoveLoveLovix

The Start Of Something New Empty
PostSubject: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:12 pm

******************************************Kadena*Courtland*Banks******************************************
The Start Of Something New Lol10
I believe in magic, I do, I do!

Kadena huffed and puffed under the heavy weight of her sports bag as she took it from her father, Halley Courtland-Banks. She hadn't exactly packed light... if she was planning to stay there for the entire summer, after all, there were certain things she couldn't leave at home! She adjusted her balance, then smiled at her father.

He couldn't go into the camp... he had told her so. He couldn't meet her fellow campers, or anyone in charge. There was a magical border. That wasn't something that fourteen year old Kadena had to take in. She had always believed in magic, even if she was just now finding out that it did truly exist. It was an exciting concept, wonderful and pleasant. All the kids here knew about it. Now, Kadena did too.

Still, as she thought of all the things she would be gaining, she knew she would miss her family. Dropping the heavy bag, she hugged her father tightly. "I'm gonna miss you, Dad," she said, trying not to cry.

He patted her back. "Me too, Kady. I'll see you at the end of the summer, though."

Kadena smiled, nodded. She picked her bag up again, still a bit surprised and annoyed at the weight. She attempted to walk up the hill that marked the entrance to camp, but found it difficult. Looking around, she didn't see anything that could help her wheel it up... no broken branches or rope... so she resorted to the basic default of dragging it. She could hear her father laughing from the bottom of the hill, then, as she got farther, she could hear him get into the family Sorento and drive away. She paused to wave, but she was unsure if he had seen.

It took a good three minutes to finish dragging the bag to the top of the hill- but when she finished, she saw that it was worth it. She could see buildings unlike any she had ever seen. A beautiful lake... volleyball courts... and closer to anything, a pine tree. It looked like any other camp, not necessarily a camp for kids with special powers, kids like she was.

Kadena thought back on the day after she found out about Camp Half Blood. Two kids.called "demigods," had tried to explain what camp was, but in the end, it was her father who told her that it was a training camp for kids with one human parent, and one... not so human.

Her mother had been a goddess.

Which goddess... well, neither Kadena nor her father knew, as she hadn't exactly given names. But Halley had mentioned that someone at camp may be able to help her figure it out. Or, maybe, though unlikely, maybe Kadena's mom would show up.

Kadena wanted to know who her mother was. Who wouldn't? But she didn't necessarily care either way if she ever got to see her birth mother or not. She had a mom, Miriam. All she wanted was to know.

She looked around. Maybe there would be someone who would explain things to her. Someone who could induct her into the world of Camp Half Blood, the world of the magic she had always wanted in her life. Maybe that person would even become a new friend! "Helloooooo?" she called out. "Anybody home?"

Home. It had a nice ring to it. Maybe it would grow into that for her. A girl, after all, could certainly hope.

**********************************************************************************************************
Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

Location : Go straight, then make a left, turn at the corner. Go right and there it is. Oh!!! Oops. Sorry that's the pizza place. Well, enjoy some pizza.

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:12 pm

Bella was walking around the hill. While she was walking, she noticed a girl. She looked like her age, 14. Bella walked closer to her. Bella's hair was tied up in a ponytail with her bangs showing. She was wearing her normal clothes. White jeans, striped shirt, a small light jacket and boots. Bella had on her lucky bracelet. That was just Bella. Now, she was only 2 feet away from this girl. "Hi." she said. There was not much to say. Even though Bella was a talker.
Back to top Go down
LoveLoveLovix

LoveLoveLovix

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 pm

******************************************Kadena*Courtland*Banks******************************************

"Hi," said a girl with a cute ponytail and a casual outfit. She stood about two feet away from Kadena. The girl looked a little bit like she had said her part and there was nothing more to say... she was waiting for Kadena, the new girl, to say her piece.

Kadena decided to oblige. She held her hand out- whether it was a gesture to show she wanted to shake the girls hand, or hug her or whatever, she'd let the senior camper decide."Hi! I'm Kadena Courtland-Banks. I'm new here, and not sure who my mom is! What about you? What do they call you? What's your nickname? Who are your parents? What'd your favorite color? Lucky number? Favorite season?"

Kadena had never really been the most social person. One could even say that she was socially awkward. But she was trying, she knew that socializing would be key at camp. With all her heart, Kady just wanted to make friends.

She grinned at the other girl. "So! What do we do here?" she questioned

**********************************************************************************************************
Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

Location : Go straight, then make a left, turn at the corner. Go right and there it is. Oh!!! Oops. Sorry that's the pizza place. Well, enjoy some pizza.

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 pm

"Okay well, they call my Bella. They call me Red, cause my hair. My dad's name is Frank. I have a brother named Davis. My mom ran away when I was three. My favorite color is cyan. My lucky number is 4. And my favorite season is Summer." she said. This girl was very ahead or curious. Bella took a deep breath."Oh and I'm Athena." she added. She was out of breath. Kadena seemed a bit forward for just meeting someone. Literally, just met her. But, that was okay to Bella.

Back to top Go down
LoveLoveLovix

LoveLoveLovix

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Kadena smiled as the girl gave her answers. "I didn't mean that literally," she apologized sheepishly. "But it's nice to know you."

The girl had added, almost as an afterthought, that she was Athena... which Kadena took to mean she was the daughter of Athena, not Athena herself. Kadena racked her brain for everything she knew about Athena. She was the goddess of... was it war? Or was it smart people? Both? She felt the first stab of homesickness as she wished her father was there to help her remember. Having a mythology buff in the family would have helped here. "Athena, goddess of... wisdom?" she guessed. "I wonder if that's my mom! That would make us half-sisters, right?"

Kadena looked around the camp. "It looks really awesomely awesome here! So! What do we do?"

Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:45 pm

"It's fine and its nice to meet you too! So, you don't know your Godly Parent. If you were Athena, how cool would that be!" she exclaimed. The girl called Athena Goddess of Wisdom. "You said goddess of wisdom. Heres what I don't get. I'm not wise. I only read magazines and I'm a C and D student." she told her less excited. Bella glared at whatever was around her."Well, we can just, talk," she said with a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
LoveLoveLovix

LoveLoveLovix

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 pm

"I have no idea who my godly parent could be. I guess I'm smart enough, so maybe I am a daughter of Athena. But I don't do too well in school either." Kadena shrugged. "I have ADHD, but I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, plenty of really, really awesomely cool people have it, right? It just means I think differently than the teachers want me to think."

"As for not being wise, well, wisdom and intelligence are totally different things, you know? My little sister is only in kindergarten, so she isn't exactly a genius. But she's really wise... I mean, when she's not throwing a temper tantrum. She just says stuff that makes you think. That's what wisdom is, thinking well. Being smart, doing well in school... that's completely different."

Kadena smiled sheepishly. She didn't normally talk that long, or that intricate. Maybe she'd just let Bella take over the conversation.

Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 pm

"No clue, hah? Well you know how you have ADHD, well I have dyslexia. So my reading isn't so good. Plus I don't study. The one thing I ever studied for was a research report on a famous person and I got an A- on that. I know what you mean. All the others were so bright and intelligent. I don't know why I'm Athena. Bella and Wisdom are so different!" she said. "I mean not to sound stupid but I only read fashion and gossip magazines." she said. She felt kinda stupid. The only reason she WAS a daughter of Athena was because of her mom. She could of been anything. Maybe one day she'd be smart. Or become a lawyer. Bella wanted to prove them all. That she could be smart too! "And I don't know what we do," she said.
Back to top Go down
LoveLoveLovix

LoveLoveLovix

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:00 am

Kadena awkwardly reached out to pat Bella on the back. "Hey, everyone has their talents, right?" she said.

She felt kind of bad for Bella, the Athenian girl looked so depressed. Kady could only hope that someday, Bella would come into herself, and she would show the world what she was made of.

She smiled at Bella. "I don't know what you're gonna do, but I want to go meet some other people! You're welcome to come. I just wanna get a feel for this place, and I know making a ton of new friends is the best way to do it!"

She hoped Bella would come. It seemed like both of the girls needed a friend to talk to, and (if Kadena was an Athena girl), maybe they would be more than friends! Sisters! How exciting was that? Kadena couldn't wait to figure out if they had the same mom.

Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:33 pm

"I know what mean about the talents." She said annoyed. Not at Kadena or being Athena. It was her grades. She hoped one day she would be that smart girl or the wise Athena girl she wasn't. Then there were good parts about being an Athena girl. Bella could possibly be sisters with Kadena, if she is also a daughter of Athena. "Sure, I'd love to! Where to." she said. With hopes in her mind of meeting more people.
Back to top Go down
LoveLoveLovix

LoveLoveLovix

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 am

Bella seemed annoyed, and Kadena drew in a sharp breath. She didn't know what she had said wrong, really. She had only been trying to cheer the girl up, not bring her farther down. Kadena looked at Bella apologetically, hoping that it wouldn't ruin their budding friendship.

Then again, when Bella agreed to go people-searching with Kadena, she seemed cheerful enough. Maybe their friendship was still intact? Kadena could hope.

When Bella asked where Kadena wanted to start, the unclaimed girl froze. "Well, um... I don't know. I'm the new girl, remember? Not exactly the best for knowing where to go!" She grinned at Bella. "I'm up for anything," she promised. And it was true. Adventure, magic, fun, anything different and exciting- that was what Kadena was made of, in the metaphorical way that most girls were made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

She started down the hill, then stopped and looked back up at Bella. "Lead the way!" she said with a gigantic grin.

As she waited to see where Bella would lead, she thought about everything that had happened so far; she thought about everything that was still to come. Camp Half Blood had so much in store, so much to discover. And Kadena promised herself that day that she was going to discover it all. And she was going to have a great time doing it.

Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 pm

"Well, I can take you to my cabin. Maybe we'll find someone there." She said. Bella shrugged. SHe never knew any Athena kids accept for one girl and maybe Kadena. If she is. That could be cool. Bella wondered how we would find out. And Bella didn't know that many people exempt like 10. And there are like a million kids here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start Of Something New   The Start Of Something New I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Start Of Something New
Page 1 of 1