Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Power of Imagination [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

The Power of Imagination [Private] Empty
PostSubject: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:10 am

The Power of Imagination [Private] Chrys-150x150
Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Chrys casually made her way towards the lake for lack of something to do. She hummed quietly to herself as she walked, wondering if she'd meet anyone at this time of the day. It had just been past lunch after all, and so most campers were still in the mess hall. She arrived at the lake alone as she had guessed. It was dead silent too but for her soft hums. She didn't know if she should be happy or not but hey, at least the silence can give her some time to think, right?

The demigod sat down by the lakeside, digging her fingers in the group of small pebbles by her feet. Her hand found the smooth texture of a round rock the size of her palm and an idea immediately formed in her mind. Grinning widely, Chrys picked it up and flicked it towards the water yelling, "Squirtle, I choose you!"

The inanimate object simply sank down the depths of the clear lake, but her mind's eye saw something else, like the rock bursting open at its middle and revealing a flash of white light. She imagined a small blue turtle-like creature tumbling out of her makeshift Pokeball, spinning around in midair before diving head-first into the lake with a splash. Chrys laughed at the image only she can see, not caring if she probably looked crazy. And you know what? Maybe she was.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:12 am

The Power of Imagination [Private] Tumblr_lcxpftPcPn1qdcba0o1_400

I was walking along the shore of the lake. I had nothing to because I had finished my lunch really quickly. I wasn't as hungry as I usually was. I wondered why. I took a small pebble and threw on the water as it skipped down farther and farther. Someone next to me was ding the same thing. "Do you like doing that?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:50 am

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

It was the sound of small splashes that snapped Chrys out of her thoughts, but only temporarily. She turned her head to watch the smooth pebble skip down the water. As usual, her mind made her see something else, like a pair of angelic wings sprouting out of the pebble's sides as it seemed to jump from the water surface. In fact, Chrys half-expected it to take off to the clouds before it sank, bringing her back to reality.

She clutched at her head, wondering if this was normal. Maybe she just had a wild imagination. She hoped so, not wanting to consider the alternative.

"Yup, a little," Chrys cheerfully said, smiling at the girl next to her. She looked a lot older, she noticed. She couldn't remember if she had seen her around somewhere before; after all, she had only been here for three months. Picking up another rock, she rolled it around her fingers and stared at it as if it was the most amazing thing in the world. "It's like throwing a Pokeball," she said, before tossing the rock to the lake. "I wish Pokemon were real."

It was a random thought, but Chrys meant it. She always liked the idea of having those magical creatures around in reality. She must be speaking nonsense right now though. The girl didn't look like she was one to be entranced with things like Pokemon. Seeing it looked like a good decision to drop that topic, Chrys turned to face her with her biggest smile. "I'm Chrys. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:02 am

"I'm Kaylee. Daughter or Aeolus." I said. I smiled. The Pokemon comment made me think of my brothers I really missed them. "That would be cool if Pokemon were real. They would most likely be for us. They would help fight the hellhounds and other monsters." I said.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:55 am

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Chrys beamed, happy that the subject wasn't completely dropped. "Yup! I'd like to see a hellhound face off against a Pikachu. Thunderbolt all the way! We'd win all the time."

She sighed dreamily, before turning back to her new friend. "Nice to meet you, Kaylee," she said with a small nod. She wasn't exactly sure who Aeolus was; Chrys wasn't exactly the type to pay attention to her classes. She only remembered the major Olympians, mostly. Chrys threw a rock at the lake when a question suddenly popped into her mind.

"Do you stay all year? I do. I'm only in my third month."
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:40 pm

"I'm not a year-rounder. I go back to my home for the holidays. I also sometimes have to go off campus to buy stuff for my dog. I had to leave him in my cabin because he was sleeping when I came back after lunch." I said. I wondered if Chrys was claimed or not. "Are you claimed?" I asked her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:05 am

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Chrys's face brightened up at the mention of a dog. "You have a dog? Cool! Can I meet him?" she asked, brimming with excitement. Her aunt never allowed her to have a dog, even if she so wanted to, and she told her to wait until she was responsible enough for a pet. Who knows when that time would come?

Clasping her hands together under her chin, Chrys put on her most adorable puppy-dog eyes as she silently pleaded to see Kaylee's dog. Just imagining the sleek fur of the creature made her feel so giddy inside. She wanted to cuddle and snuggle and... Wait, did Kaylee just ask her something? Chrys pouted when she heard the word 'claimed.'

"Nope," she said with a shrug. "Maybe soon... Anyway, can I pretty pwease see your dog?" she asked hopefully in an effort to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:33 pm

"Sure! I don't mind. Jake loves meeting new people." I said. I loved Jake more than anything. Well, who didn't love dogs? He was the cutest thing ever. "Do you want to go there now or later? It doesn't matter to me." I said.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:21 am

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Her eyes lit up and her face shone like a kid's in a candy store. Chrys bounced a little on her feet, just a little mannerism she did when she became a little too excited. "I don't mind too. As long as I get to meet him, I'm happy!" she said, beaming. Who knew the prospect of meeting a dog can get her so... hyper?

Her mind was already in the process of visualizing Kaylee's dog. Her imagination seemed to fade a little around the edges and had a shimmering blurry quality to it. There were just too many kinds of dogs! What did Kaylee's looked like, she wondered. "Is he still a puppy? How old is he?"
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:02 pm

I beamed at Chrys. "He's still a puppy. I actually don't know how old he is. I got him when I was like about 13. " I said. The person who sold me the puppy never told me how old Jake was. It didn't matter to me at the time I just cared it was a cheap price.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Her eyes sparkled and within moments Chrys jumped to her feet, unable to wait any longer. "I changed my mind. I want to meet him right now," she said enthusiastically. Throwing one last rock at the lake, she started skipping away all the while humming a random tune to herself. Imma gonna meet a puppy, Imma gonna meet a puppy, chanted her excited mind.

She paused, realizing that she had almost left the older girl. Glancing back at Kaylee, she waved and said, "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:10 pm

I smiled. I started walking with Chrys. "Okay. My cabin is really far away. It's cabin 2. Right near the entrance of camp. So I hope you enjoy walking!" I said. I giggled. I always loved walking. It was always a time to think. By the way why was I so giggly? It was probably being with someone like Chrys. Really fun! "Jake is small and has a really white coat. I always make sure I wash it everyday. He does happen to have some brown spots on both sides of his head and some on his neck and lower back. He also has a small tail." I said. I thought of an idea. "Chrys, how would you like to keep Jake for a week? We can take turns taking care of him. My room is a mess because of him!" I said. How come such a little puppy like Jake be so much trouble. If Chrys said yes then I would be able to do lots more. Plus she gets to see Jake for 7 days. Chrys and I can take turns watching him. One week Chrys can take Jake and then I take Jake the next week and then so on. I thought that would be really fun to do.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Chrys's imagination went wild at Kaylee's description. She could create a good picture of the puppy now, and it only served to make her even giddier. When Kaylee made her suggestion, it would be an understatement to say that Chrys was happy. She was overwhelmed and ecstatic. In fact, she was so enthusiastic that she started to jump repeatedly right then and there out of sheer joy. "Really? You mean it? I'd love to! Thank you so so so so much!"

Moments after she answered, small worries crept up from the dark corners of the demigod's mind. Troubled, she suddenly stopped jumping. She frowned slightly too. "Are you really sure? I mean, I've been told that I can be irresponsible when it comes to pets," she admitted painfully with a nervous laugh. Great, now she was killing her only chance to take care of a pet dog, even if he wasn't hers. As much as it pained her to admit, Chrys knew that it was better to tell Kaylee that right now for both of their sakes. "And you don't mind him staying in the Hermes cabin... do you? It's a little crowded there too..."
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 pm

"Really? You look responsible to me." I said. I was surprised when Chrys said people told her she was irresponsible. "Oh, I don't mind that your cabin crowded. Jake is used to it. My cabin is also crowded." I said.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Chrys brightened up immediately at the compliment. Maybe Kaylee was right. Maybe she was responsible. Well, how else to prove it besides giving it a shot?

"Alright! Thank you so much!" And without as much as a warning, Chrys tackled Kaylee with enough force to send her to the ground and hugging her. She couldn't help it. She was way too overjoyed.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:44 pm

When Chrys hugged me she pretty much knocked me down. I hugged Chrys. "Your welcome." I said. I smiled. When we got to my cabin Jake was already awake. He started barking and then ran over to me. When he saw Chrys he licked her face. "As soon as you left he woke up." Someone said. "Well, this is Jake." I said. I smiled.

Jake:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

It took all of Chrys's willpower not to squeal on the spot. Come on, she had to remain calm. Taking a few deep breaths, she slowly drew closer to the adorable puppy when he bounded over to her. Barely holding in her excitement, she crouched down and before she knew it, Jake was licking her face. She cuddled the puppy in her arms and scrathed the underside of his jaw. That was when she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Ahh, you are so incredibly cute and adorable and squiggly and--ah I'm running out of words!!"

Ah well, so much for keeping her excitement in check.

As she showered the puppy with affection, Chrys looked up when struck by a sudden thought. "You had him since you were thirteen, and he's still a small puppy like this?"
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:46 am

"Yeah. I think one day I bought some powder and accidentally sprinkled some on Jake. I think now that's why he still a small puppy." I said. I smiled. By the way where did I get that powder? I didn't really remember. It was such a long time ago. "I hope you like him now because maybe soon when he becomes a bigger puppy he's gonna be a lot of trouble." I said. Jake was still trouble no matter what.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Chrys laughed, rubbing the spot under Jake's left ear. "Well, I don't mind trouble coming from this fluffy adorable ball of fur!" she exclaimed, shifting to a sitting position so Jake can be more comfortable in her arms. She set the puppy down a few minutes later. It seemed that it would be better for Jake's pent-up boundless energy to be put into running and exercise rather than just squirming in Chrys's arms.

"So what do I need to do to take care of him?" she asked eagerly. "I haven't had any pets before so I don't really know what to do besides feeding and walking him..."
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:11 pm

"Well, other than that you just have to get lots of excercise. That's about it other than walking and feeding him. Oh... yeah also you have to ya' know. Take him outside when he has to take a whiz." I said. Jake didn't really take a whiz a lot and I didn't know why.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Chrys nodded quickly, repeating Kaylee's words in her head so she won't forget them anytime soon. She felt all giddy at the thought. The prospect of finally having a dog over seemed so exciting to the young girl. Chrys cocked her head to the side, something starting to slightly bother her.

"How do I know if he's going to take a whiz?" she asked curiously. Hopefully there was going to be a warning of some sort. She didn't want to be the cause of a mess in the Hermes cabin. It was already messy enough, what with all of the demigods in there.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 pm

"Well, actually it pretty easy to tell. He usually barks loudly and if you don't notice he'll start biting the shoe your wearing. If he bites your shoes that your NOT wearing that doesn't mean he has to go. And well that's about it." I said. I smiled.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Chrys Jayden Russell
Daughter of Aeolus

Breathing a sigh of relief, Chrys grinned widely at the older demigod. She just couldn't believe that Kaylee can be so nice. Imagine lending your dog for a week to a person you've just met. Most people wouldn't do that, she thought. "Okay, got it. I think I can get the hang of it after a while," she said confidently, nodding all the same. Taking care of a dog didn't sound as complicated as she expected it to be. It looked simple enough, thank the gods.

"We're going to have so much fun together, Jake!" Chrys said excitedly as she scooped up the little puppy back into her arms. "Thank you so so so much, Kaylee! I know I've said it before, but I don't think I can thank you enough."

Chrys paused there, wondering if she could say anything else to express her gratitude. There must be some words to describe it... Jumbled letters floated around in her mind as she wondered what those words can be. Suddenly, she beamed like there's no tomorrow and said, "Thanks for believing in me!"
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:28 pm

"Yeah, you can get the hang of it after awhile. It's super easy!" I said. At first I thought it would be hard, but it turned out that it was easy. "Your welcome. You always have to believe." I said. I smiled. Who didn't know how to believe? It's just like a good thought. Like believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. Who didn't believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny? I may be eighteen, but I still believe in them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Imagination [Private]   The Power of Imagination [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Power of Imagination [Private]
Page 1 of 1