Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Going To The Mall (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

Going To The Mall (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Taylor and I were now jogging the rest of our 15 minutes to the mall. I hope we were not really sweaty. But if we were then the mall has nice big air-conditioner. That made me want to jog even faster. Today was not the best day to wear jeans. They made it even harder for me to jog. "Do you know any other siblings?" I asked Taylor.
Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:03 am

Going To The Mall (Private) Taylor-150x150
Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Taylor was already drenched in sweat. Try jogging up and down a hill for fifteen minutes. She just hoped that she wasn't as smelly; it would take even more of the mall's air conditioning system to get rid of that. She tried to ignore the stares they got from the people they passed by. She really hoped she didn't stink.

"Hm?" Taylor asked in-between pants, only vaguely realizing that Alaska asked a question. You can't blame her. Her ears were practically filled with the sound of her pumping heart that it was hard for her to hear the things that were going on. A few seconds passed before she got an idea of what her sister asked.

"Well--there's--Kyle," she gasped out, taking a few moments after each word to breathe, "--Kate--Naomi--Adelynne--Alec--" she paused, wondering if there were more. Well, she'd remember them later or something, probably while she was off catching her breath. "--what about--you?"

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:22 pm

"Well, I haven't met a lot of people yet. I only met Nevada, Kate, and you." I said. By the time we got to the mall it was super cool, but not cool enough for the daughters of Khione. It didn't really matter to me. "Where do you want to eat in the food court?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Oh, gods. Taylor wasn't a big fan of hanging out in the mall, but at least it was cold in there. It wasn't as cool as she had hoped though, and she could tell that Alaska felt the same way. Maybe it was just a thing with the children of Khione. Anyway, she tried to ignore the awkward glances she got from the onlookers. What? So they were a little sweaty. Wasn't it normal for two teenage girls to go jogging?

"I don't really care. I'm still a little full, actually," she said, short of breath as she tried to fan herself with her hand. "Anything with food and I'm game. Not too picky, actually. So... your choice?"

Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:54 pm

"I'm not actually hungry either." I said. I thought the mall was starting to get hot. I just wanted to go to the person who owned the mall and tell them to pump up the air. If he found out we were the daughters of Khione he would probably pump up the air as high as he could. "Are you hot?" I asked Taylor.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:16 am

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Alaska's question caused Taylor to burst into chuckles, earning confused glances from the onlookers. She knew that her sister meant it literally seeing that both of them were sweating bullets, but she can't help but reply in a cocky tone, "Yes, I'm definitely hot."

Taylor wasn't exactly vain. Or maybe she was. She liked to think that it was more of radiating great amounts of self-confidence.

Still laughing, she wiped off the bands of sweat forming on her temple. She threw her a teasing glance. "What about you? Are you hot?"
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:32 am

"Super hot. I just want to march up to the manager and tell him to pump up the air because you know. " I said. As demigods I didn't want a tell anyone we were the daughters of Khione in the outside world. It might make it worse and then trouble might come.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:02 am

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Taylor nodded, getting the hint. She still couldn't get over that 'hot' comment though. Gods, she was vain. Smiling at the thought, she tried to will herself to think that she was feeling cold. Maybe being used to freezing temperatures back in the cabin made her even less tolerant of heat. Ah well, at least she took comfort in the thought that she wasn't the only one getting sick of the less-than-perfect temperature in here.

"I could just stand in front of the AC all day." She looked around, realizing just how huge and wide the mall was. Whoa, when was the last time she had ever been to this place? A girl who didn't shop--she must be part of some sort of rare species.

"Where do you wanna go?"
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:11 am

"I don't know. We can stand in front of the AC all day." I said. That made me want to smile. Maybe we could do that. We could stand in front of the AC in a shop. They would probably bother us until we finally bought something. I wouldn't mind. I could just easily freeze them.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:21 am

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," Taylor mused, before she grabbed Alaska's wrist and led her to the nearest AC unit she can find. The sheer cold from the AC brought her intense relief, and soon she found herself sighing in contentment. She opened one eye to see where exactly they were--a clothes shop, she realized. It wasn't just any clothes shop though. It looked like the type that sold those expensive designer clothes that people only bought for the sake of flaunting their money. She didn't mind at first, but then a salesman drew closer to the two of them.

"Anything I can get you, Madam?" he asked in a raspy voice. Taylor waved him off impatiently.

"We're just looking around," she said airily, crossing her arms on her chest. She made a small show of picking out some random shirts in the nearest rack, all the while savoring the chilly temperature courtesy of the ever-so-awesome AC. The man didn't look too pleased with her but he offered a forced smile and left.

Following him with her eyes, Taylor couldn't help but feel that something was off here. "I have a bad feeling about this," she told Alaska under her breath, trying to move her lips as little as possible. The salesman leaned against one of the corners, sneaking glances at the two demigods.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:50 pm

I started playing along with Taylor. I took a rack that had wheels on the bottom and brought it over to the AC when he wasn't looking. When he left I smirked. We got away with it. "What's the matter Taylor? Is there something unusual?" I asked lowly.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:38 am

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Taylor skimmed through the colorful shirts on the rack Alaska pulled towards them, but her mind was elsewhere. She frowned slightly, trying to avoid the gaze of the salesman, but he seemed to be intent on spying on them. Did he think they were going to steal some clothes? Her hackles rose at the thought of being accused of something she didn't even think of doing. Did she and her sister look like thieves? Her hands subconsciously balled into fists, trying her earnest not to glare at the salesman.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just me," she mumbled in the same quiet tone as before. She was perfectly aware that the man was still sneaking glances at them. "I feel like we're being watched. Let's get out."

Her hand closed on Alaska's wrist and she tried to lead her younger sister out of the store, but the salesman moved in their way. Taylor narrowed her eyes and took a wary step back. She frowned slightly. Did he seem slightly bigger than before?

"I didn't think you'd leave so soon," he said, an animalistic edge to his tone.

Taylor grimaced. Oh gods, please don't be a maniac. "Yeah. Look, we didn't steal anything, okay?" she said flatly, raising her eyebrows at him.

But the man only smirked. And there was no doubt about it now. He really was growing. Not only in height, but in the amount of hair too. Wait, it looked like... fur. Realization dawned in Taylor's features and she suddenly pulled Alaska with her to the deeper parts of the store.

"Crap, should've known. Mantic--" she cut off suddenly, remembering that it wasn't wise to say the monster's name. "Er, half-man half-lion thing. Get--" And before she could tell Alaska to get her weapon out, she was suddenly knocked away from the other demigod, face planting on the nearest wall.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:54 pm

I got my two long knives out. I started stabbing the manticore with my knives in the hips. Didn't anyone notice this? I looked around the store and there was no one there. I looked at the sides of the monster and there was no one in sight. "Great." I mumbled. I started stabbing the monster in the leg when one of my knives went really deep into his gash. One knife wasn't going to help me very much. Next to me was a bucket of belts. I took one out and started using it as a whip. Please Taylor get up and help me, I thought.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:51 am

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Groaning, Taylor staggered back into a standing position. She rubbed her forehead, the part of her face that absorbed most of the collision. Greek curses streamed out of her mouth at the pain. Whipping around, she looked just in time to see Alaska using a belt, cowgirl-style. The manticore hissed at her, trying to avoid the belt. Taylor could see a knife lodged in its front leg, monster blood dripping out of the gash.

The few people around them, mostly the store workers, finally figured out that something bad was going on. She didn't know what the Mist made them see but it was enough to send them scrambling out of the store screaming for security, leaving the monster with the two demigods. Without hesitation, Taylor finally pulled the ring off her finger and her celestial bronze blade materialized in her hand. "Over here, fur-brain!"

Taylor lunged, sword in hand, just as the manticore's attention turned to her. Ducking to avoid a well-aimed blow from the monster's paw, she spun and drove her blade to his side. Damn, this guy's thick... she thought, as the momentum of her attack wasn't enough to cause a deep wound. Nevertheless it still stung, evidenced by the snarls ripping out of his throat.

"You should know better than to mess with us," Taylor spat out through clenched teeth, narrowly missing the manticore's claws. It was then that his scorpion-like tail whipped towards her direction. A slight hint of a smirk crossed the monster's face, an expression Taylor didn't understand. Then a myriad of sharp spikes burst out of the monster's tail. She was about to roll away when she realized that she wasn't the target.

The poisonous darts were headed for Alaska.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:22 pm

I saw the poisonous darts heading for me. What was I going to do now? I had to think quick. Like really quick. I rolled and ducked from the poisonous darts. When I thought there was no more I was wrong. One came right at my right leg. Lucky enough it didn't go to far in. It just stinged really badly. As I moaned I tried of a way to get back at the monster. Nothing like this was just going to stop me from fighting a monster. My knife! My knife was right next to me. I picked it up and threw at the monster like a dart. It reached the monster's heart and now it was dead. It then disappeared when it hit the ground. Now all I could hear was my heart beating back and forth.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Everything seemed to whiz by like a blur that Taylor barely had any grip on what was going on. She saw Alaska duck and breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that her sister dodged the spike attack. She was about to lunge for the manticore again when a celestial bronze knife came slicing past her, the weapon sticking deep into the monster's chest. Within the next few moments the manticore shrieked, exploding into a column of golden dust before even hitting the floor.

Panting and mindful of the slight pain on her forehead, Taylor drew closer the monster remains and picked up Alaska's knife. She cringed slightly--who wouldn't be disgusted if he were holding something covered entirely with the ashes of a dead monster? "You did it!" Taylor said, turning to her sister, but the sight of her was enough to wipe off the triumphant grin on her face.

"Hey hey hey," she chanted under her breath as she hastened to where Alaska was. She grabbed the girl's arm, not meaning to be rough but she was more concerned with keeping her standing than being gentle. "Where did it get you? Can you see? Talk?"

Taylor found her answer before Alaska can reply. Her eyes spied one of the manticore darts sticking out of her leg. Should she pull it out? What if it did more harm than good? Taylor had never been great with first aid. Biting her lip to prevent herself from panicking, she shifted her gaze back to Alaska's face. "We have to get you back to camp," she said. It was the only way. If they brought Alaska to a hospital they would be bombarded with a million questions and Taylor can't exactly tell them that the injury was caused by a monster from the Greek myths. She slung her sister's arm over her shoulder for support. "Can you walk? If not, just say so. I think I can carry you just fine."

Taylor kept glancing at the store entrance as she spoke. Last thing she needed was a bunch of security guards in the scene. Not knowing what else to do, she started praying. Dammit, Mom, a little help would be great...
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:35 pm

"Yeah. I can walk." I said. I started walking, but it kind of hurt. I just knew I had to get back to camp. What were they going to do to make the pain stop? Pull it out? Knock me out and then give me surgery? So many things were whirling in my head my head felt like it was pounding. Soon we were outside of the mall and close to camp. "Are we there yet?" I moaned.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Taylor was pretty anxious. The poison was spreading right now and especially in Alaska's fatigued condition, she guessed that it wouldn't take her a lot to pass out. She must be really strong though, she noted, if she was still able to walk in her condition. Taylor's arm was on the ready, prepared to reach out and grab her sister if she suddenly collapsed. Looking back at the mall behind her, she felt thankful that the security personnel hadn't come to their aid. The curious and suspicious glances of the civilians they passed by were enough to deal with.

"Not much far," she said slowly, not really meaning it. It took them a little less time to go to the mall earlier because they were jogging. Who knows how long it would take to walk the whole way back to camp? Besides, Taylor was really getting worried about Alaska's state. What if they spent a long time walking and when they got to camp, it was already too late? Gods, that wasn't an option. With a grim expression on her face, Taylor took Alaska's wrist and made her stop. She fished a golden drachma out of her pocket and tossed it to the street. "Stop, chariot of Damnation," she said, but in Greek.

The coin sank in the road like it was made of water and dark grey smoke started to appear, taking the form of a taxi. "Go in, I don't think we can afford much time," she told Alaska in a hurry as she opened the foggy taxi door for her.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:50 pm

I got into the taxi. It was really retro, but that didn't really matter right now. It drove really quick to camp. When it stopped I quickly opened the door and started hopping on my left foot to the infirmary. I just really hoped they were would be able to fix my leg.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Taylor Lilian Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Still queasy about the ride, Taylor managed to stagger out of the foggy taxi in one piece. Her head pounded and it felt like she was about to throw up. Damn, that thing was fast. Trying to divert her mind's attention from the bile surely forming in her stomach, she turned to Alaska to see her hopping on one foot. She grimaced. Could Alaska hop all the way up the hill?

Taylor grasped the girl's arm to steady her as they made their way up the hill. When they reached the top, she stole a look at Alaska's condition and figured, what the hell. Taylor hoisted the girl up on her back, placing her arms around her shoulders and holding both of her legs up with her own arms. "Don't complain, this'll get you there faster," she said through gritted teeth. Thank gods she did exercise everyday. Lifting Alaska up was almost a piece of cake.

Jogging through the grasslands, Taylor with Alaska on her back finally reached the infirmary. She lowered the girl down as Apollo campers came rushing to their aid. Struggling to catch her breath and wiping the beads of sweat that formed on her forehead, Taylor panted, "Manticore spike. Right leg. Around a half-hour ago."

Taylor slumped against the nearest wall, Taylor could only look on in silence as the healers went to work, asking Alaska questions she couldn't hear because of the pounding in her ear.

((New topic?))
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:47 am

I think. Who should make it?
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm

((I ended the post here, so you maybe? :P))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going To The Mall (Private)   Going To The Mall (Private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going To The Mall (Private)
Page 1 of 1