Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Tarasalem's Charries~!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tarasalem

tarasalem

Tarasalem's Charries~! Empty
PostSubject: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Name: Tara Truscott
Age/Birthday: 16, July 22nd
God Parent: Apollo
Claimed: No
Mortal Family: Melissa Truscott (Mom).
Years in Camp: 1
Brief History: Tara was born and raised in Orlando, Florida; her mother being the daughter of a wealthy and retired General in the Marines. Her family came from a long line of warriors of all sorts; her heritage ranging from Japanese to French. No matter what sport you would throw at her, she could always ace it. She was tough to beat and would have been popular in school, but purposefully stayed away from those around her. She had never been into the idea of becoming a stuck up and preppy teenager. She was in love with sports alone and pretty much the perfect and ideal tom-boy. She had always been told that her mom got knocked up one day at a bar and had her, but kept her because her mother loved her from the moment she set her eyes on her 'little ray of sunshine'. She came home one day after school with a boy on her tail, who she couldn't seem to get rid of no matter what she did, only to find she had come home to a wreck. When she called the police, they were too late. Her mom was nowhere to be found, and Tara was far from the city borders. She had left the city after finding herself being chased by a hellhound, which was found in her home only seconds after she hung up the phone. The boy at this time had already explained to her that he was a Satyr from Camp Half Blood, sent to guide her to camp. She and her satyr, a somewhat rude figure named Reid, fought their way across the country. She would always dream of a man that lived on the sun and woke up the first night to find a bow and arrows next to where she had made a makeshift sleeping area in an abandoned farmhouse. Being a natural at archery and pretty much everything else she'd been thrown into at home, it didn't take long for her to pick up on how to kill monsters that came her way, with the help of her annoying companion. When she finally stumbled across Camp Half Blood, Reid and Tara had narrowly escaped a couple of even more annoying harpies. Moments after crossing the border into safety, her father gladly claimed her on the spot. She continues to search for answers on her mother's disappearance, but rarely is given the chance since she can not leave Camp Half Blood. Still, it doesn't keep her from trying.
Physical Appearance: She's a pretty girl with blond hair that reaches her shoulders and deep, forest green eyes. She refuses to believe she is as pretty as the Aphrodite girls make her out to be, though somehow they still find ways to use her as a cute little dress up doll. She stands less than five feet tall, so it's only reasonable that her short length makes it easy for her to be called a doll. Her skin is pretty pale compared to her siblings, but only because she burns instead of tans. She prefers her hair down and is often seen around camp in a t-shirt and shorts or a short skirt.
Personality: Her attitude is very spunky and she can definitely be considered 'one of the guys' when it comes to pretty much anything. Well, when she isn't being kidnapped as a doll for the Aphrodite girls. Of course, that never lasts long since she always finds a way to slip out of their grasps. She never gets along with the children of Aphrodite, and when she isn't dealing with them, she is usually found in the arena or forest that borders the camp, training or fighting monsters. Her favorite place to hang out is on the rooftop of her cabin, reading an entertaining book or just thinking. She's seriously independent and has yet to let a guy get close to her.
Fatal Flaw: She doesn't know when to give up in a fight, she's easily offended, finds it hard to fight in an open field at night when she doesn't have her father looking over her, and then on more brief occassions or if fighting during the night, she tends to be a clutz.
Pets: N/A.
Talents: Ability to quickly learn a new way to fight or how to use another weapon. Her strength is mainly in archery, however, because it comes so naturally to her given the relation to her father and his use of archery.
Weapons: An intricately carved and wooden bow with a gold string, as well as a quiver with intricate designs that holds bronze-tipped arrows; all things that her father gave her on her journey and that she never fights without. She occassionally carries a bronze knife in her pocket, but rarely uses it. The bronze knife was given to her when she was introduced to camp.
Year-Round or Summer: Year-Round.
Other:
Picture (Anime):
Tarasalem's Charries~! Rosalieanime
Picture (Real life):
Tarasalem's Charries~! MeaghanM2

Last edited by tarasalem on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding real life version picture.)
Back to top Go down
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:53 pm

You've got a pretty good character :3

Although, I think you need to limit her Talent Section a bit. Considering the amount of time she's spent at Camp and her god parent, she can't exactly 'conquer' all forms of fighting and weapons. Maybe she can be adept or have intermediate skill? Also, please add more flaws to your character.

Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Thank you for the comment~! And I just edited it as you asked, so now hopefully it's more believable. :)
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 am

Sorry, but I think she's too powerful with the 'wielding of any weapons' and for 'exceeding standards' part. Maybe she just ranks fair? She could still be good with archery though. Anywho, other than that, she's acceptable, but you still need to change it. :]
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm

I changed it to where she can easily learn a new fighting style or how to use another weapon. Does that work too? :3
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 pm

That's fine! Thank you for editing, Tara Truscott is Accepted! :]
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Yay!!!! X3
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:27 pm

NEW CHARACTER!!!!

Name: Stella Venure
Age/Birthday: 13, August 14th.
God Parent: Aphrodite
Claimed: Yes
Mortal Family: Unknown.
Years in Camp: 0.
Brief History: Stella never knew her parents, much less where she came from. She'd been hopping from one orphanage to another for as long as she could remember. Each orphanage she landed in, she quickly became quickly liked; despite her mysterious history. All of her original orphanages had been destroyed in one way or another to the point where she avoided orphanages altogether by the time she turned ten years old. All of her orphanages had either burned to the ground or been attacked in the middle of the night. She was the only one who ever saw just what happened to cause the orphanage to be destroyed. She was the only one who saw the gruesome faces of the attackers that were never found and brought to justice for their crimes. On her travels, she had acquired the company of a small white kitten that she named Angelisa, as well as a friend that travelled everywhere with her when she began to avoid orphanages. Alan, her odd friend, had saved her life numerous times and was normally the person who helped her avoid being put in an orphanage by civilians that noticed she belonged to no home. Not only that, but just like her, he could see the true faces of the people that attacked her; if they could even be called 'people' in the first place. Alan always knew the way out of a situation, and after a year of traveling, they were attacked more often. Alan suddenly was set on leading her to a specific location for children like herself. She was always confused, not knowing what place she could possibly fit into, but he seemed to be confident of his belief that she would fit in. He started protecting her more often from civilians even; who had started to become attracted to her without so much as her glancing at them. She had started to grow into her looks, and they weren't about to go unnoticed. Her mother wasn't about to forget about her, either. One night she had a dream of a beautiful woman that looked similar to herself. The woman had claimed to be her mother and explained that her roots came from Ancient Greece, and that the place she would be led to would be considered a true home; a place she could belong. When she was awoken, she found herself in the back of a car on a towtruck driving into New York City. Apparently Alan had dragged her onto it after they had been attacked by a couple of Dracaenas. She had passed out and he had barely managed to get them out of there. Oddly enough, she didn't even remember coming across the monsters that made her pass out. She told Alan of her dream and he just smiled, saying that her mother was the famous Greek Goddess, Aphrodite. He was so sure of it, but she wasn't. Of course, when they reached the destination Alan had spoke of, she was given no choice but to believe. She has only recently come across the camp, and has only been in the camp for a month. Still, she never fails to see them as her family. She continues to take care of the white kitten she'd come across and visits her friend, or Satyr, as was explained to her once they reached camp, Alan.
Physical Appearance: Stella is a beautiful and average sized girl with blond hair and deep violet eyes. Her average size; a little more than five feet; doesn't take away from the amazing grace and beauty that radiates from her. Anyone who comes in contact with her is immediately charmed by her looks alone. She never fails to be as beautiful as she is. She doesn't even need makeup to look like a beautiful princess of some sort.
Personality: She can be quite shy and kind at first; not at all stuck up or annoying. Once you get to know her, she's the nicest person someone could ever come across. She never makes a bad impression on someone and never fails to surprise others by her generosity. She seems perfect in the eyes of some, but in the end, there are many flaws that make her perfectly normal like everyone else. Those flaws are not exactly fatal, but simple. The most obvious one most of the time is that she is a completely stereotypical blondie. She also tends to be a major clutz, which means a few scrapes or so from running through a forest after hearing a loud noise. Another thing; she's terrified of the forest and hates to go near it, but sometimes ends up in it anyway because she's too busy following a trail of pretty flowers. Then there's the fact that she's attracted to sparkly or shiny things, which can or can't be a good thing, depending on the situation. She isn't always as kind as everyone thinks she is at first, since she has a small temper and is easily hurt by the words of others. So no, she's not perfect; she has her own interesting flaws that make her as normal as a stereotypical blondie can get.
Fatal Flaw: She attracts attention to herself unwillingly, especially when it comes to monsters. She lacks the ability to fight, and her kindness makes her prone to attack. However, if someone she cares about is threatened, she has the tendency to become pretty brutal, even when the brute anger isn't necessary. It's easy for her to misunderstand some situations, causing her to be overprotective, as well; something that has happened often with her.
Pets: A small white kitten named Angelisa.
Talents: She has the ability to charm people at first glance without really meaning to, she is a practiced dancer, and she can tell what someone is feeling emotionally most of the time, simply by looking into their eyes.
Weapons: She has a small bronze knife, but nothing more. She prefers to stay away from fighting when at all possible.
Year-Round or Summer: Year-Round.
Other:
Her Kitten's picture:
Spoiler:
And Stella's picture:
Spoiler:

Last edited by tarasalem on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed fatal flaws and used up less space by making spoilers for the pics. xD)
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:16 am

Nice character! Gods usually aren't allowed to contact their demigod children though so... Hmm, maybe in the dream, it could just be Aphrodite's voice rather than Stella seeing her as well? She also needs just a few more flaws for her personality. :]
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Okay, I edited it~! :D
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Very nice! But it would be better if you put the picture of the kitten in a spoiler as it stretches the page for other people. xD I also think that you need to revise the fatal flaw a bit. It's a flaw in her personality that makes her personality dangerous or life threatening.

Code:
[spoiler][img]link here[/img][/spoiler]
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah, I was wondering how exactly to do the spoiler thing. XD Thanks for showing me that! I went ahead and used it on the kitten picture, as well as her picture. I also revised the fatal flaws to make them more... Well, fatal. ^^
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:41 pm

She's good! Stella is Accepted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarasalem's Charries~!   Tarasalem's Charries~! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tarasalem's Charries~!
Page 1 of 1