Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

... BACK and probably forgotten

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

... BACK and probably forgotten Empty
PostSubject: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 am

Meira stopped at Cabin 4: Demeter's Cabin, her mother's cabin. And... she felt a warm breeze touch her face--the breeze of the farmland. She shouldered her bag and kept a firm grip on her luggage. She took a deep breath and entered the cabin in ease.

Meira saw the cabin was empty. Oh yeah, it's summer, she thought. They're probably out in the strawberry fields.

She set out her luggage on her bunk. She speculated on helping out in the strawberry fields, or just rest here. But that thought quickly drifted away, as Meira's mind concentrated on an even subtler topic: AM I FORGOTTEN?
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:17 am

Sara came into her cabin. She'd been working on her new garden, and, of all things, she'd cut herself on a thorn. She was coming in to find a band-aid when she looked up and saw a girl sitting around.
"Hey!" Sara walked over. "Just got in?"
She looked down at her cut again, which was starting to bleed again, and sighed. She quickly went over to her bunk and dug out a band-aid. She slapped it on and went back to thee girl.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 am

Meira looked at the girl. She smiled, glad a sibling of hers came. "Yeah! Just got back, actually," she replied. As the girl approached her, Meira stood. "I see..." she swallowed, nervous, "that you're busy. You, uh, want any help?" Meira was sure this girl was starting to think of her crazy.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 am

"I do if you like gardening." Sara laughed. "But i don't need to ask any kids in this cabin that, do i?"
"Watch out for thorns though." Sara pointed at her leg. Then she headed towards an open window and vaulted her small body over the windowsill.
"My garden. I left this patch un-planted so i could do that." Sara smiled. "Good thing I got an extra trowel out today!"
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 am

Meira gladly followed Sara the girl on her garden. "Whoa. It's... FABULOUS!" She knelt down, careful not to flatten any plant. "And, don't worry about me--in the thorns, I mean. They're my weapon," she told the girl absently, still staring at her garden.

"Gardening. Which is better for you, gardening or farming?"
she asked, confused. Meira liked farming, after all."Oh, and I'm Meira Sanzenin, 16, nice to meet you!"
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:58 am

"Thanks!" Sara smiled.
"Farming. Definitly farming. Though it's the orchards I like. But I am pretty fond of plowing and that sort of thing. I grew up with it..." Sara's already faint voice trailed off.
"Oh! Nice to meetcha. I'm Sara Durham, 16.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 am

Whoa, Meira thought. Despite how beautiful the girl's garden is, she still liked farming. And oh, she remembered Sara a bit. But her memory was a little fuzzy, but she sure remembers her.

"Hey, can I at least help you? Gardening seems fun, agreed?" Meira asked, holding her right hand out.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:02 pm

"Anything with plants is fun, silly!" Sara shook Meira's hand. "And if you don't want to do anythin' else, I would love the help." Sara smiled, and picked up the extra trowel to give to Meira. "I'm still planting a bit, just some carrots and tomatoes and beans. Then marigold around the edges to discourage pesky rabbits." She explained. "There's some gloves in the shed, of course."
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Meira grinned at her. Her statements are true! Anything with plants are fun... well, for Demeter kids. She leaned forward and took the trowel from Sara's hand.

"I'll plant the tomatoes, if you don't mind," Meira offered. And then she frowned. "Rabbits. Cute little creatures with huge ears, but a menace to every Demeter kids. In farming, mice are the problems." Meira's getting off-the-track again. "Oh, sorry, where's the seeds? Or the plant? Or whatever?" Meira is talkative when she's nervous. She's not really familiar with gardening. Just farming, and thorn plants.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 pm

"The tomatoes are in little sacks over there." Sara pointed with her trowel towards the end of the garden. "And yeah, mice can be a problem here too, but I haven't found any mouse-repellent yet....
"The tomatoes are kinda hidden by the bushes up there. But they're there don't worry. The carrot seeds are over here. See the poles in the ground? Don't touch those. Those are for the beans, which are by the tomatoes if you look. The fence-y thing on the wall is for the tomatoes." Sara pNted at the end of her speech. Well, a speech for her at least!
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:52 am

Meira nodded, trying to make sense of it. "Thanks," she said before scrambling to the edge of the garden. "Hmmm," she murmured. She finally found the sacks and then walked back carefully to Sara, held up the trowel, then lowered it down, and hunted her way to bushes. She dig, and dig, and dig carefully she was sweating. She was so new to gardening. She doesn't like to be a fool of herself when it comes to gardening

All Demeter children should have a way with plants! her mind yelled. You should not disgrace your Mom.

Meira tried to concentrate. Thorn plants starting sprouting around her.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:03 pm

"Thanks SO much!" Sara smiled warmly as she got the carrot seeds and began to work on planting them at regular intervals. Her half-sister was visibly nervous, so she tried her best to be nice and calm. But, being Sara, it was hard.
"Would you like to hear a funny limerick?" She asked. "Well, I have several funny limericks. I didn't make any up though."
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:32 am

Meira nodded tersely. She heard Sara's voice faintly, and tried to answer, YES, but her voice is not responding. She had just planted three tomato seeds, and digging another hole. One of her thorn plants poked her suddenly, and she glared at it. The thorn plant withered and died.

And then she remembered the question. "Uh... okay, yeah, limerick. Funny stuff," she mumbled.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:33 am

"I got it from an Apollo camper. Here goes:
There was once a man from Nantucket,
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
He had a daughter named Nan,
Who ran off with a man,
And as for the bucket, Nantucket!" Sara recited, still planting carrot seeds."Like it?"
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:35 am

Now, Meira had to laugh to that. It was funny, all right? She giggled, and her nervousness swept away. She planted her fifth tomato.

"Oh, wow, that's funny," Meira grinned. She paused as she get more seeds. "I want to hear one again!" she blurted out.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 pm

"Sure!" Sara laughed a little, too.
A strange old bird is the pelican.
His beak holds more than his belican.
He holds in his beak,
Enough food for a week,
And I'm darned if I know how the helican!" She smiled. "I took out one of the cursewords, so then it wouldn't be too bad. And besides, in camp it should be Tartaruslican." She gave a small laugh, continuing to methodically plant carrots.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:15 am

Meira was freely laughing now. That's the first time she'd heard... well, limmericks. She may have to befriend with an Apollo children, and made them tell her more limmericks.

"Tartaruslican," she said, laughing and standing up. After a while..."Uh," Meira stammered. "Uh, what should I do now? I finished planting them all?" Meira wanted it to be a statement, but it turned out as a question.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 pm

"Well, that's about all I've got, unless you wanna plant some marigolds around the edge to scare off rabbits. I've just finished the carrots and I'm gonna start the beans." Sara explained, tossing the empty seed container into a nearby trashcan.
She picked the bean sprouts up in their bags and carried them, two by two, over to the garden. Then she kneeled and begun to plant.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:53 am

Meira nodded, and went off to get the marigolds. She meant to hurry, for she still is going to make her lantern for Demeter. She shoved the shovel onto the ground, started digging. This time, she dug first the holes, and then, later, she's going to put the plants.

A thought clicked into her mind.

"Hey, Sara," she said, still digging. "Are you going to attend the Festival of Lights? At the Treetop Village?"
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 pm

"Maybe." Sara replied, pausing for a moment in her planting. "My lantern would be plain. I'm not much of an artist. Unless you count plants, but a husk of corn wouldn't be too beautiful on a lantern...." Sara shrugged.
"Are you?" She asked, sitting back on her heels and looking at Meira.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 am

Meira put on the second seed, then bit her lip. She caught Sara's eyes briefly then became a little thoughtful.

"Well, yeah, I'm attending... Husk of a corn? Cool! Try it!" Meira suddenly grinned and looked at Sara. "It'll be unique!" Meira laughed in delight.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 pm

"Yeah, it would be!" Sara laughed too, reconsidering her descision of not going to the Festival of Lights. She grinned, and finished planting the bean sprouts.
"That's about all the free labor I can get out of you!" She laughed again, feeling carefree and casual for the first time in a long time. Most people saw her size and thought, 'Cute!' or 'Jeez, so... tiny...', and sometimes even 'Ummm.' The 'Umm' people were the worst because they spoke to her like she was a child and acted like she would be offended by the tiniest little thing. Yet she was still friendly and nice. Sara couldn't understand herself sometimes.
"I'll be at the Festival of Lights if you need me." Sara smiled, brushed the dirt off her jeans and half- jogged towards the Treetop Village.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 am

Meira watched Sara ran to the treetop village, through the woods. She tossed the trowels and extra seed bags to one corner, then brushed herself from dirt as she got up, scrambling outside the garden. A thought occurred to her, and she raised her voice:

“Sara! Already finish your lantern?!”

Without waiting for an answer, Meira darted back to Cabin 4, grabbed her purse, then ran to the Commons Areas, straight to the Arts and Crafts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ... BACK and probably forgotten   ... BACK and probably forgotten I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

... BACK and probably forgotten
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: