Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] Empty
PostSubject: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]   Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Christopher wasn't normally the contemplative type. He was more the race in there and do everything as fast as you can kind of person. But today he was feeling unusually pensive. Perhaps because it was a Wednesday. His morning routine always made him nostalgic. Or maybe it was the rain, a soft curtain sweeping round the edges of the camp. Mist roiled at the sides of the barrier and gave the camp an eerie, gloomy feel, even if the rain wasn't actually falling on it.

He'd left the cabin to be alone. His cabin mates weren't always the best people to hang out with when he was feeling like this. They were more prone to making fun of him for it than feeling any kind of empathy.

His wandering feet had taken him to the Ampitheater. It was familiar ground for Christopher - he usually participated in the sing-a-longs - and it was a good place to feel melancholy in. There were seldom campers hanging out there. The remnants of last Saturday's ashes had been sculpted into a small pile in the center by the wind, which was creating a listless whistle as it blew over the edges of the Ampitheater.

With a sigh he settled onto one of the lower benches, his eyes focussed on his feet. Bare feet. He'd forgotten his shoes, it seemed. It was just one of those days.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]   Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] Tumblr_m1jzgc855A1r48fdho1_500

Bree Harris

Bree had woken up early, just like her mother did, and wandered aimlessly around the camp, trying to suppress yawns. The young girl wasn't wide awake, and when she had made it out of Cabin 2, she almost forgot to wear proper pants, instead almost walking out with wrinkled, dingy old shorts on.
Bree made her way to the amphitheater, pinching her arm to wake herself. She would sing, like she always did, but typically, she would find herself in the forest, or by the lake. Bree could sing well, thanks to her mother's talents, who is a daughter of Apollo, but to herself, she was an awful singer and she felt the need to practice every morning. Singing was important to her, as she thought she would impress her mother with her skill, or possibly Apollo, her grandfather.
Bree stumbled into the amphitheater and found a seat in the front row, and decided that was where she would practice for the rest of the morning. Bree observed the area around her, the fog, especially. It was definitely eerie, and she suddenly found herself a little scared to be in the amphitheater alone.
That was, until she noticed a boy sitting a little away from her. He was older than her. That was funny, considering almost everyone was older than her.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]   Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:43 am

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] 0df93207

Christopher Gray

And then there was movement. A shuffle, a stir in the soup of mist.

A girl, smaller than him, made her way across the center oblivious to his presence. Tongues of the fog lapped at her feet, a ghostly pack of dogs eager to please. She was like a wraith, hovering through the mist on a bed of air.

Well, not really. He hadn't seen any of the campers fly yet. But she was certainly ethereal, like something from another world. The fog dampened the sound in the Ampitheater, but he could imagine the small thud as she settled onto her seat. The rough scrape of her feet against the floor.

Christopher made his decision. It was well enough excluding himself from the Hermes cabin, but clearly this girl was feeling every bit as alone as he was. Company would be nice, even if all they did was sat in silence.

He noticed the girl's eyes flick toward him as he levered himself off the seat. A few strides was all it took to bring himself over to her, his legs shaking slightly from the cold of the ground.

"Hello."

His words were soft, appropriately quiet for the atmosphere. It was as if he was inside a church - whispers and low voices seemed to be the mode of communication.

"The name's Christopher. Would you mind if I sat with you?"

Christopher had never been lacking in confidence.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]   Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] Tumblr_m1jzgc855A1r48fdho1_500

Bree Harris

Bree looked up at the boy. "Nice to meet you, Christopher. The name's Bree." She considered allowing him to sit next to her for a moment. 'Eh, why not?' she thought. "Yeah, go ahead. Seat's all yours." It seemed with this boy here, she would be getting no practice. She never practiced her talent with people near. Their eyes on her... it was all too nerve-wracking. Bree didn't really mind. She realized that she might be working herself a bit too hard. [color:6eaf=#ff9999']"So... What are you doing here?" she asked. She turned her head away from his direction, and frowned. Was this really her lame attempt at conversation?

(SHORT POST BUT WHATEVS AT LEAST YOU GOT A POST.)
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]   Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] 0df93207

Christopher Gray

Christopher sat down gracefully the moment permission was given. The damp mist was freezing. As he waited for Bree - what a nice name - to continue the conversation, he surveyed the Ampitheater once more. It really was like another world. The constant keening of the wind, the white fog of the sky and the cold grey benches all looked as though they'd been ripped straight from an alternate reality Spielberg film.

Bree's voice, quiet but audible despite the wind, caught his ears.

"So... what are you doing here?"

He grinned. "It's a sort of tradition of mine. Every Wednesday morning I get up early and watch the sunrise. My Mom and I do i- used to do it."

Sometimes it was hard to remember that he no longer lived with his Mom. That there would never be any thick, sweet pancakes waiting for him when he got back from his sunrise ritual.

Christopher picked up a stick that had fallen into a crack in the seat, turning it idly through is fingers as he looked at the girl beside him.

"What about you? Any special reason you're here? Or did you just get itchy feet?"

[HEY LOOK I POSTED. IT'S SHORT BUT AT LEAST I POSTED]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]   Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. [Chree]
Page 1 of 1