Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neka

Neka

A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) Empty
PostSubject: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Courtney stood on top of the hill. It was a warm day and there wasn't a cloud in sight. The sun was high in the sky and it was just after lunch. She was new to camp and hadn't been there too long. She had no clue who her godly parent was. She hoped to find out soon because she couldn't stand the Hermes cabin. Courtney looked around and breathed. She loved to be the center of attention but once in a while she just wanted to get away. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air. She glanced down at her clothes. They were cute yet simple. She didn't want to ruin a good outfit.

Last edited by Neka on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Melody treaded up the hill that supposedly lead to the legendary Camp Halfblood.. Or so her father had told her. She chewed her lip, feeling anxious, as she stood atop the green hill, looking out over the camp. What if nobody liked her here? Not many people liked her back at Ikebukuro.. Melody tried to push those nasty thoughts away, but they wouldn't budge. She turned on her iPod, and felt relief as the music of One Direction fill her ears. Those bothersome thoughts were surely pushed away. The blackette was so into the music, she didn't even realize that there was another person on the hill with her.
Back to top Go down
http://kagemiyasonica.tumblr.com/
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Courtney turned and was startled to see another girl. She tilted her head and studied the girl for a minute. The girl appeared to be new to Camp Half-Blood. Finally Courtney took a step towards the girl. "Hello!" She said cheerfully. If Courtney was in luck this girl would become her friend. "I'm Courtney Frayda. Nice to meet you and welcome to Camp Half-Blood." Courtney smiled at the girl. It was the most charming smile she could smile.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:01 am

Realizing someone had approached her, Melody quickly yanked off her earbuds, and turned to face the girl. Lucky for her, she was able to catch what the girl had just spoke. "Hi, Courtney," Melody greeted, in a cheery smile. "Thanks, too. I'm Meldoy Evans! Nice to meet you." She started to twirl her black hair between her fingers as she spoke. "Is it obvious that I'm new?"
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Courtney giggled a bit. "Nice to meet you too, Melody. It isn't too terribly obvious to me since I'm new too. But you are on the side of the hill closest to the entrance." Courtney said with a smile. Courtney shrugged and traced her foot in the dirt absently. She couldn't help but be bored since she had no friends. It was tough for her because she was used to being popular.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Melody looked behind her, at the mention of being the closest to the entrance. "Oh," was all she said. For a moment, there was a short silence. But Melody cleared her throat, and piped up. "So! Do you know what kind of camp this is?" she asked Courtney, with a tilted head.
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Courtney looked surprise for a moment and took a small step back. "You don't know? I suppose you wouldn't being new and all. This is Camp Half-Blood." Courtney paused a moment to decide how best to explain who they were. "Outside of Camp you won't be safe. We are the children of the gods. The Greek gods."
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:32 pm

"My dad didn't give me many details," Melody tried explaining. "He just told me that my mom was actually a goddess, and I had to go here." She grimaced, remembering that awful day of truth and false accusations. "Wait, we aren't safe outside the camp?" the blackette asked, her eyes going wide. "So that explained those trenchcoat men.."
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Courtney looked grimly at Melody. "Monsters. Those would have been monsters. They can't get inside camp." Courtney said. She had seen enough of the Hermes cabin and was about ready to leave. "Do you know who your mom is? I don't know who mine is. I'm hoping she'll claim me soon."
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:35 pm

"M-Monsters?" After the brief summary her father had told her, Melody wasn't very surprised. She was scared, in fact. The thought of a giant, stalking her all these years.. Was very creepy. She tried to push those thoughts away, and concentrate on Courtney's question. "Char.. Charites, I think," the blackette answered, before tilting her head. "Why hasn't your parent claimed you yet?"
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Courtney nodded as Melody said monsters. Courtney thought for a moment about Charites, she had never heard of her. "I've never heard of Charites. My mother probably hasn't claimed me because the gods don't get too involved with their children. Some of the gods don't know about their kids. I think the goddesses do. I got stuck in the Hermes cabin since I'm not claimed yet."
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Melody listened as Courtney spoke, chewing her lip. Maybe thats why I never knew much about mom.. Did dad know? she wondered, and snapped back into reality once Courtney had finished speaking. "I think I'm cliamed-- I mean, there was a horn thing above my head a few days ago, so I guess that means I am. Which cabin do I go to?" Melody asked her, glancing back at the camp behind her. She wanted to go to here cabin right away and get settled.
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Courtney sighed with disappointment. She had half hoped the girl would be in the Hermes cabin with her. "Since you're claimed, and a child of a minor god, you'll be in the Hera cabin. She lets the children of the minor gods live in her cabin," she explained.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:11 pm

They never taught Greek mythology back in Japan.. "Which cabin's that?" Melody asked, lamely, with a weak smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. What kind of Japanese Greek was she? Charites would probably be highly disappointed in her.
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 pm

I frowned a moment. "Hera is the goddess of marriage, she is married to Lord Zeus, so she doesn't have children. She's also the queen of Olympus," Courtney explained. her legs were getting tired standing there so she sat in the grass.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Melody joined her in the grass."O-Oh.. I wasn't taught any of this when I was in Japan," she told her, trying to explain. "And I don't think she was in Hercules." The blackette giggled, and started to fix her hair. The wind was blowing her hair everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Courtney frowned a moment as she tried to think. "I think she was in that Disney cartoon Hercules. I'm not sure if Japan has different movies or something," Courtney said. "If you want I can take you to the Hera cabin so you can meet people," she offered.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Melody shook her head. "Its okay-- I think I manage that on my own," she told Courtney, beginning to rock on her sneakers. She wondered how packed it'd be in the Hera cabin.. And she also felt stupid for not knowing who Hera was, too. Courtney probably even thought she was an idiot!
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Courtney studied Melody a moment again. "I'm sure you will do just fine," she said slowly. A twinkle appeared in her eyes as she grinned. "Camp can be confusing at first, no matter how long you studied Greece before coming. School never was my strong point so I was pretty confused when I first came. If you want help I'll probably be with the Hermes kids," Courtney said.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm

Melody laughed, seeing that mischievous look in Courtney's eye. She certainly was a strange one.. But that was okay. "Its just.. All of this is kinda scary," she waved her hand, gesturing to the campsite behind them. "Almost intimidating, too." The blackette added. She grinned, one to match the other's, feeling thankful that she'd ran into her new friend today.
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Courtney nodded. "I know how it feels. I'm still kind of new too," Courtney said. "Since you've already been claimed it will probably be easier for you. The kids of the minor gods, or your half siblings, will help you get used to the place. Come on we should go meet them," she said as she stood up. She was excited to be the one to show Melody around camp.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Both excitement and dread filled Melody. She was excited about meeting her half siblings, since she's never had a sibling before, but also dreaded the thought. What if they didn't like her? "Okay," Melody nodded, standing up. "Lets go!" She said, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Neka

Neka

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:22 pm

"Don't worry, it'll be fine," Courtney murmured. She looked down the hill towards the cabins. Smoothing her outfit she headed down the hill. "You don't know how lucky you are," she muttered under her breath.

((New topic?))
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Melody blinked, not hearing the last part. She wanted to ask, like the curious person she was, but decided against it. She shouldered her backpack into a more comfortable position, before treading down the path with Courtney.

ooc; okay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)   A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new home... Hopefully new friends. (Soni)
Page 1 of 1