Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } Empty
PostSubject: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } Tumblr_m015ipSavW1qbkillo1_500
| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

We all carry these things
Inside that no one else can see

Travis waited for Olivia to show up to the Mess Hall, where he would teach her to cook. Since Olivia was so afraid of poisoning things she touched, she never learned. But since Travis has read so many cook books, he was almost a five star chef. Travis's hair was very knotted and messy, how it was every day. He wore a white and grey plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He wore grey pants with that. Even going to the extra step, he had on a white apron. Travis began getting out ingredients he thought that they might of needed. While he did that, he had a radio sitting on a near by table that was currently playing Swing by All American Rejects. He started swaying as the music played, also beginning to sing a little. He did that while cleaning the kitchen station. As the music progressed, he started dancing even more ridiculously. Travis was so engulfed in the music, he didn't even hear the sound of Olivia walking in. Mind you, he was still dancing, singing, and cleaning. Imagine how that looks.

They hold us down like anchors
They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } Olivia-gif

Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } Angel2

It had been a week since Olivia's cure of the curse, and every day of it had been spent with Travis. The two might as well be dating considering how often they hold hands, and according to her cabin mates they were. But to her, Travis was a friend, the person who wouldn't look at her strangely when she simply touched his hands or his face because he knew that he couldn't not so long ago. Today was to be another one of their outings. Olivia, ever since the curse began, had been afraid to learn how to cook. She didn't know if the ice would have the same affect on people by going into food, so she never tried to learn. But now, the curse was gone, so she was free to learn how to cook. And Travis was going to teach her. She grabbed her hooded, light blue jacket and slipped it on over her long sleeved white shirt. She stole a look at her constellation wall at Blanca's constellation and smiled at it before she strolled out of the Khione cabin and made her way to the Mess Hall.
She stepped into the building and looked around, trying to find Travis. "Hello? Travis?" she called, glancing around the room. She heard a faint voice from the kitchen in the back and followed the sound until she saw her friend. He was putting on quite a show. Singing and dancing while cleaning. Olivia stifled a laugh and walked up behind him. She gently tapped him on the shoulder and grinned at him.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:12 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis felt a light tap on his shoulder and he turned around and saw Olivia. "Oh, Hey Olivia! Wait wha- OLIVIA?!" Travis said calmly at first, then realizing who he was talking to. He jumped back a bit, his cheeks turning red from embarrassment. "I see you've seen my... uh.. little show..." He blushed, talking nervously. Shaking it off, he picked up an apron and handed it to Olivia. "Ready for your first cooking lesson, Miss Olivia?" He asked her, giving her a wide smile. "We'll be cooking spaghetti today. Is that okay?" He asked, getting out a bowl, and a bag of flour. He had the biggest grin on his face. He loved spending time with Olivia, it was almost like they were dating. Which Travis was okay with people thinking that. He liked her enough, he just didn't know how to express it.

They drown us out at sea
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 am

Olivia couldn't help but smile at Travis' embarrassment. She reached out and took the apron he handed her. She removed her blue jacket and tied the strings around her waist. "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're kind of cute when you're embarrassed," Olivia commented, throwing Travis a happy grin. Olivia had been thinking these things about Travis a lot lately... That he was nice, funny, actually quite attractive. She wasn't entirely sure what this was, though. Perhaps it was a strong friendship? Having never felt anything even remotely similar to this before, she was entirely confused by these feelings.
"So spaghetti huh? My dad used to make spaghetti for me and my brother when we moved to New York. It was kind of all he could make. That and frozen dinners," she said with a small laugh. Olivia examined all of the things in the kitchen and found that she didn't know anything about them. Olivia glanced down at her apparel, noticing her white shirt. "...Maybe I should have worn something darker.." she mused.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis's cheeks turned darker and his smile becoming wider when Olivia had complimented him. "Thanks.." Then, getting out more supplies, he let out a laugh as well. All my Dad made was hamburger helper, I hate that stuff now." He laughed, measuring the flour and pouring it in the bowl he got out earlier. He looked at her and smiled. "You look just fine." He spoke with a reassuring smile. He got out three eggs and sat them in front of Olivia. He got out a sift and began to pour the flour through the sift, making a mound on the table. Making a well out of the flour, he turned to Olivia and asked "Could you crack those three eggs in the middle of the flour?" He smiled. This would be interesting.

They drown us out at sea
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Olivia stared at the eggs. It was as if they were taunting her to fail. She reached out and grasped one of the white, round ovals in her hands. She tapped the edge of the egg gently on the corner of the counter. The egg cracked a little and she moved it over to the center of the flour and broke the egg apart. The yoke fell gently in the center with only a few egg shells traveling along with it. "That was easier than I thought!" Olivia said, reaching for the next egg. Now more confident, Olivia hit the egg off of the corner of the counter. She wasn't as gentle and as a result the egg broke upon and the yellow yoke got all over her hands. "Crap.." she muttered, attempting to catch the yoke before it hit the floor. However, her efforts failed. Within five minutes she had already dirtied up the kitchen. "Okay...not as easy as I thought.." she corrected, trying to figure out how to deal with the situation.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:11 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis smiled, watching Olivia crack the first egg. He went to get the salt, when all of a sudden he turned to see Olivia covered in egg. His hand flew to his mouth, trying to stifle a smile. "It's perfectly okay, Olivia. I'll just get more eggs and clean the mess." He said with a chuckle, getting a wet rag and gently grabbed and wiped the egg off of her hands. He then set another egg in her hands and said "Try again, you'll get it.' He said, giving her a confident smile. He gave her a quick, but meaningful, kiss on the cheek, and returned to find the salt.

They drown us out at sea
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Olivia winced and looked down at the egg. "Are you sure that's a good id-" her voice was cut off by a swift kiss that Travis planted on her cheek. Her icy blue eyes widened and she could feel a warm blush spread across her cheeks and down her neck. Even her ears were burning up from embarrassment. She was in a daze. A pre-cheek kiss from Travis daze. It was as if she had no control over her actions. She placed the egg on the counter and walked over to Travis. She gently placed a hand on either side of his face, locked her gaze with his. For a breathless moment, time seemed to stand still. Olivia broke that moment and leaned forward, allowing her lips to gently brush against his. She could feel her heart pumping like a drum. She gently deepened the kiss. The daze fogged up more of her brain, but a part of her brain realized what she was doing. Her heart and her senses were screaming to let the kiss continue, but the part of her brain was scolding her and telling her to pull back. SHe did so. Olivia abruptly broke the kiss. She stumbled back, now realizing what she had done. She fumbled with her words, but managed to get out a sentence. "Oh gods...I-I..I-I'm s-so sorry," she mumbled. She tripped, but grabbed a hold of the counter to keep from falling flat on her face. She grabbed the egg that was still sitting on the counter top. She cracked it against the edge of the counter and put the yolk in the center. "I think I...um...got the hang of it.." she murmured, keeping her gaze averted from his.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:59 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis looked through most of the cabinets, having trouble on finding the salt. "Where the frick is the salt?!" He angrily mumbled to himself. Suddenly, Olivia was by his side, taking his face in her hands. He gently smiled."Hey Oli-" He began to speak, but was quickly interrupted by Olivia's lips on his. Being taken aback, his eyes widened, standing still for a moment. But then realizing this is something he's wanted for a long time, he gently cupped her face in his hands and kissed back Olivia. The kiss was slightly deepened by Olivia, so he went along, his face most likely the brightest shade of red in the universe. Feeling Olivia pull away, he just stood there. He was dazed, light-headed from the kiss. His first kiss, to be exact. A sheepish, nerdy grin slowly crawled on his face. Snapping back in to reality, he saw Olivia acting rather odd. He walked over to where she was, locking his gaze with hers. "I wasn't done." He smiled. Cupping her face once more, he placed his lips on hers, this time, his smile coming in the kiss.

They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Olivia sucked in a sharp, surprised breath through her nose, but returned the kiss without hesitation. Feeling him smile her heart began to flutter. This was also Olivia's first kiss, considering the pervious curse that was placed upon her. Her heart rate quickened and her arms found their way around his neck. Her lungs were aching for air, so she was forced to pull back for air. She took a few swift breaths before her lips returned to his for a few more quick pecks. She pulled back completely and rested her forehead against his. Her gaze met his and she grinned happily. She could feel a blush tainting her cheeks, but she ignored it. "So...I think we got a little side-tracked," she whispered. She had an alive and excited glint in her eyes. She really liked Travis, a lot actually. And it only took a kiss on the cheek to make her realize that's what those feelings were. She reached down and laced her fingers with his.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:22 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis felt Olivia' arms snake themselves around his neck, still smiling, his arms made their way around her waist. Travis slightly giggled as she gave him a few quick kisses after she had pulled away. Returning those small kisses and resting his forehead against hers, he let out a small laugh. "Only a little side-tracked." He whispered back, lacing his fingers with hers. He locked eyes with her, the biggest smile forming on his face. Her eyes looked more alive then ever before. The grey specks in his eyes came out, sparkling and popping out with the rest of his blue eyes. He pulled her in to a tight hug, not doing anything else, but holding her. this was something he could do for the rest of his life, and not have a problem with it.

They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Olivia let out a content sigh. "Gods my cabinmates are going to love this..." she chuckled. She was content to rest in Travis' arms forever. She felt safe around him. She felt welcomed and invited and...warm. Usually Olivia hates the warmth. But this kind of warm was something that filled her up. It seemed to make the world a little bit brighter. This warm, she enjoyed. Olivia let her head rest on his shoulder. She was perfectly happy remaining this way. But she then realized that they had cracked eggs in flour sitting on the counter. Olivia reluctantly pulled away from the hug and turned back to the ingredients for the spaghetti. She spun around and stole one last kiss from Travis. After a second se pulled away, flashed him a smile and then cracked the last egg into the flour. "Alrighty teacher Travis, now what?" she asked.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:44 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis held Olivia for what felt only a moment longer, she pulled away, stealing a quick kiss and was ready to continue cooking. Starting with a smile, he began to gently whisk the eggs in the middle of the flour well, slowly incorporating the rest of the flour. Soon enough, they had a dough ball. "Now, what I need you to do is knead the dough, so it'll be easier to mend." He smiled, stealing a kiss from her, and returning to his original task, to find that damned salt. He searched in the spices, and finally found it. "AHA!" he called out triumphantly, adding a half a teaspoon of salt in the dough ball.

They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Olivia stared at the dough. It seemed like it was something that was going to be easy, but she had a feeling this was going to be harder than she anticipated. She washed her hands again for good measure and let out a laugh when Travis finally located the salt. "I feel like the salt should not have been that hard to find," she teased. She dried her hands and began to kneed the dough. It was hard at first, abs the dough was still firm. But the more she kneeded, the easier it became. She used the heels of her hands to push the dough against the counter and then stretched it out before doing it again. She had seen people on Top Chef do this, so she figured that was the correct process. "I have a feeling the microwave is going to be my best friend..." she mumbled as she continued to kneed.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 am

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis turned to Olivia and gave her a teasing smile. "Someone had to of misplaced it! That was most difficult!" He laughed in a somewhat whiny voice. He watched her knead for a while, then took over for a few minutes. He then divided the dough into three equal sections, and set them in a bowl and put a towel over the bowl. "Now, the dough has to set for fifteen minutes." He said, pulling Olivia in another hug. He held her tightly, but not tight enough that it was uncomfortable, but the tight that made someone feel safe and secure, like nothing was going to happen. He rested his chin on top of her head, smiling.

They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Olivia Frost
Daughter of Khione

Olivia giggled, which she never did before Travis, when she was pulled into a hug. She nestled her face in the base of his neck and she inhaled his scent. Blanca was right, he did smell like books. This thought made her smile. Even though Blanca visited her in her dreams every night, Olivia still missed her terribly. But she was also thankful to the brave fox for giving her her life back. Olivia snapped out of her thoughts and her attention was pulled back to Travis and the embrace. She smiled and laid a soft kiss at the base of his neck, his jaw and then his lips. "So fifteen minutes, huh?" she said. The girl wiggled her eyebrows and flashed a grin before she laughed and kissed him again. Despite the fact that she was over the initial "Oh my gods I'm kissing Travis" shock, she could still her cheeks burning up with a bright red blush.

Last edited by Angel on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:28 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis smiled and held Olivia tightly, turning pink in the cheeks as he felt Olivia's lips on his neck, jaw and then finally his lips. He smiled, kissing her back, trying to keep her as close as possible. Travis was one of those people when he had somebody he cared about, he'd do anything to keep them safe. He's been that way since his sister first arrived at camp. He always looks out for her, no matter how creepy and stalker-ish he looks. Travis kissed Olivia, smiling in the kiss seeing her wiggle her eyebrows. He pulled away and kissed her cheek, with a never ending smile on his face.

They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Olivia Frost
Daughter of Khione

Olivia rested her head on his shoulder and began to quietly hum a gentle lullaby. It had a calming, yet enchanting tune that seemed to lull you into a daze. Olivia remembered it from when she was very young. She remembered it being sung by a hauntingly lovely voice that came from a woman in white. But other than that, her memories that far back ceased. This lullaby, though, stuck with her through her life. She sometimes hummed it to herself when she was feeling alone, but now this was a happy occasion. It made her smile and made her heart flutter. She began to gently sway back and forth to the slow beat of the music.
Realizing how far into the daze the song caused she had become, Olivia snapped out of her memories and ceased humming. She looked up at Travis and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry...That song is always in my head. I find myself humming it at the strangest times," she explained. Olivia took Travis' hand in hers and turned it so his palm was facing her. She gently traced the creases and lines in his skin, letting her fingertips brush across the soft, warm surface of his open hand. She traced along each of the three main lines of his palm, as stated in palmistry, the life, head, and heart lines. She began humming the lullaby again now that she was deep within her own thoughts.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 pm

We all carry these things; Inside that no one else can see
Travis Sykes, Son of Athena
Travis looked at her smiling. The faces she made when she was swimming in her thoughts. It's one of the things he loved the most about her. He closed his eyes, still holding her in his arms and letting himself get lost in her lullaby. The lullaby, it had an enchanting tune. One that made him want to drift to sleep and possibly never wake up. When Olivia stopped humming, he snapped back into reality fairly quickly. "You have a lovely voice, you know that?" was the first thing that slipped out of his mouth. He smiled as she took his hands once more, and simply began to trace the lines on his palm. Hearing the tune again, he once again got lost in the tune. It reminded him of the times when he was back at home with his father and sister. He began smiling unconsciously, turning into a goofy grin.
They hold us down like anchors; They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }   Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L } I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to learn to cook! { A N G E L }
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: