Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

the database [revamped]

Go down 
+8
firelord zuko
FudgeeBear
Colby
Banana
Nico
Crispy Bacon
Zan
sapphire
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

the database [revamped] Empty
PostSubject: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:17 am

THE DATABASE

Welcome to the Database.
User found: Guest
Scroll down for full profiles.

CALEB. JONATHAN. NICOLE. JIN. RAZIEL. MAX.

Active Characters
Listing:
    Caleb Austin Wright is a son of Momus
    Jonathan Wyatt Adams is a son of Aphrodite
    Nicole Aisha Reeve is a daughter of Ares
    Jin Yu is a son of Hades
    Kim Raziel Swift is a daughter of Hyperion
    Maximilian Grant is a son of Hephaestus

Relationship Status:
    Single but... rofl. He's undibbable.
    Crushing on Veronica Lyric and is thus undibbable
    Single and undibbable
    Single and undibbable
    Single. If your charrie wants to date her, shoot me a pm. It doesn't guarantee my agreement though. Also, don't expect fluffy romance. I want something dark and different. >:)
    Single and not looking

Canon[s]:
    Ethan Nakamura is a son of Nemesis

Face Claims:
    Caleb is played by Steven Strait
    Jonathan is played by Joe Brooks
    Nicole is played by Zoey Deutch
    Jin is played by Mario Maurer
    Raziel is played by Cassadee Pope *
    Max is played by Asa Butterfield
    Ethan is played by Kanata Hongo

* = will not be sharing this playby so don't bother asking

Inactive Characters
Listing:
    Adin Greyhound is a daughter of Apollo
    Abigail Morrigan is a daughter of Athena
    Justine Jay Locke is a daughter of Phobos
    Simon Xi Montri is a son of Hecate
    Keith Tobias Warren is a son Hermes
    Taylor Lilian Brooks is a daughter of Khione
    Alexandra Louise Whitlock is a daughter of Zeus
    Lucy Belle Bradford is a daughter of Aphrodite

Face Claims:
    Adin is played by a random girl
    Abby is played by a random girl
    Justine is played by Abigail Breslin
    Chrys is played by a random girl
    Simon is played by Mario Maurer
    Warren is played by Devon Bostick
    Taylor is played by a random girl
    Alex is played by a random girl
    Lucy is played by Emily Vancamp

GPS | Active Roleplays

Updates // mm.dd.yyyy
09.08.2012. Entire character thread revamped.
09.09.2012. Did minor tweaks to characters and layouts.
10.04.2012. Received Pet Perk as part of a Mystery Box. Still deciding on which character to use it on. 8D
10.04.2012. Made minor edits on character thread to free a spot for an eighth character (slot has yet to be purchased).
10.05.2012. Added Pet and Weapon buttons. Hover over the boxes to see their full effect!
10.06.2012. Slightly revised Pet and Weapon buttons to work on Firefox. Added fancy scrollbars that only work in Chrome and Safari.
10.07.2012. Purchased Value Pack.
10.07.2012. Added Raziel Swift. She uses one Pet Perk, one extra character slot and one extra BTC slot. One power boost, one pet perk and one weapon perk outstanding.
10.23.2012. Added Lucy Belle.
11.27.2012. Added Maximilian Grant. He uses one Pet Perk, which leaves one power boost and one weapon perk outstanding.
12.08.2012. Deactivated Taylor Brooks, Alex Whitlock and Lucy Bradford. One BTC slot free, one power boost and one weapon perk outstanding.
12.22.2012. Made it official. Power Boost is used on Raziel Swift for her gradual improvement and soon complete mastery of Pyrokinesis. One Weapon Perk outstanding.
12.24.2012. The amazing Zan (THANK YOU SO MUCH ZAN) gave me all these so before I forget I'll put them all here: A Pet Perk of Your Choice, Weapons Upgrade, a smiley, Power Upgrade, Two Extra Character Slots and An Extra BTC slot. Each item can only be used once. Apart from that, I also have one weapon perk outstanding and one BTC slot free. 8D
12.25.2012. Aaron Chai has been posted as a WIP. Maybe him being here could make me finish his bio faster. Maybe.
12.31.2012. Aaron Chai has been changed and finished as Jin Yu, using one BTC slot. What's left? Pet Perk, Two Weapon Perks, Smiley, Power Upgrade, Two Extra Character Slots and One Extra BTC slot. Wow.
Designed and Coded by Sapphire of CHB. Steal and die.

Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:05 am; edited 145 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 am

RESERVED
CHARACTER SLOT NUMERO UNO

Last edited by Sapphire on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:40 am; edited 44 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:26 am

CALEB WRIGHT

Character Numero Dos.
Date Created: 01.29.2012
PETWEAPON

the database [revamped] Caleb-1
CALEB AUSTIN WRIGHT, SON OF MOMUS

Birth Certificate
Name:
Caleb Austin Wright

Nicknames:
Cale, Cae

Place of Birth:
New York

Birthday:
September 2, 1996

Sexuality:
Straight

Camp Information
Godly Parent:
"I wouldn't expect you to know who exactly my immortal parent is, but that can just prove how blissfully ignorant you can be at some aspects of mythology."
Momus

Claimed:
"My father claimed me to prove a point. That's it. If I believed every piece of information dumped on my head the first time I got to camp, I doubt he would've taken the effort to stake his claim."
Yes, Caleb is claimed.

Years at Camp:

Year-Round or Summer:
Year-Round

The Looks
Description:
Caleb has spiky brown (that's bordering on black) hair kept that way with a lot of gel. He doesn’t let his hair grow out, with the hair on the back of his head not even reaching the collar of his shirt. His hazel eyes stare behind his black and gold glasses. He always looks serious with his thin lips and emotionless eyes. He is always cleanly shaven, an effect of his perfectionist personality. His usual outfit comprises of a gray vest over a white long-sleeved shirt and a black pair of pants. He is taller than boys his age, standing at 5’9”.

Disabilities:
While not completely blind, Caleb can’t see well without his glasses.

Play-By:
Steven Strait (just imagine him with glasses, lol)

Picture;;
[ x ]

The Psyche
Personality:
"I admit, my head is big. But it's for good reason, mind you. It isn't big because it's full of air; there's actual content in there unlike some certain kinds of people, mildly speaking. I have good reason to carry myself the way I do, because I earned it. I got here, wherever 'here' is, because I worked hard for it. But of course, there will always be people who fail to see that and think that I'm all talk. Their loss, not mine."

Like his godly father, Caleb likes to criticize everything. Pointing out flaws is his specialty. Ask for his opinion on something and he will bluntly give it to you without any sugarcoating. What he says are usually full of negatives that can end up hurting people, and he doesn't appear to really care about it. It isn't a surprise to say that this boy has made more enemies than he can count.

He is skeptical and doesn’t fully believe in something until he sees it with his own eyes or without any scientific evidence. He isn't one to drink in your every word and believe it instantly--he'll have to see some proof before he starts to even acknowledge it. Caleb doesn't like being fed with lies too, and when he realizes that you've been lying to him or have been covering up something he doesn't like... let's just say it's not going to be good for you.

He is somewhat of a perfectionist, and seriously gets pissed off when something doesn’t go according to his plans, even if it is just a minor detail. He is very organized with his things. His books are alphabetically arranged, his glasses always sparkly clean--you get the picture. Mess with his things and he'll make you wish that you have never been born.

Caleb is academically gifted but doesn’t do well in social situations (due to his critical nature). However, he is very reliable, and that’s why some people keep him around. When he says he’ll do something, he’ll really do it. He is also determined and it is hard for him to back down from a challenge. Also, if he owes you for something (like saving his life), it will annoy him out of his mind until he finds a way to repay the debt.

Behind his tough and critical self lies a more sensitive and doubtful persona. Secretly he blames himself and his father for being what he is now. He doesn't believe that he'll ever change because he believes that his personality runs in his blood. When alone, he often ponders why he is this cold-looking person when secretly he has an inner sensitive side that has yet to come out. He feels like he has a reputation to protect and that showing a different side to his personality will bring him down and make him inferior to others.

Caleb will not open up to you about any of these things unless in very special circumstances.

• Smart talking
  • Debates
  • School
  • Books
  • Criticism

Dislikes:
  • People he believe to be ‘below’ him
  • Parties
  • Flaws
  • Dyslexia

Hobbies:
  • Reading

Secrets:
  • Caleb loves his mother so much that he will do absolutely anything for her.
  • Caleb secretly longs to really talk to someone without insulting them or anything.

Abilities:
"What I lack in the supernatural-demigod-powers department I make up for my aptitude in actual physical combat. All I need is one knife. Just one, and it will be enough to make you worry about your life if I decide to use you as target practice."

• Combat Skills. Caleb is an excellent knife-fighter and can throw knives at great accuracy. He doesn't have a set of throwing knives to call his own, but he practices with ones he "borrows" from the armory (rest assured that these weapons are returned after use).
      Weapon: Caleb's choice of weapon is a special dagger crafted by both himself and a Hephaestus camper (who was forced to work with him). This one-foot celestial bronze dagger draws energy from its owner and converts this energy into an electric current. Touching the blade will give one a nasty electric shock and it sends high volts of electricity through the victim in one stab. This dagger doesn’t have a name since Caleb sees no point in naming inanimate objects.

Inabilities:
  • Inability to make friends. Friends are rare for Caleb. He frequently irritates people, so not many of them want to be his friend.

Fears:
Caleb is not scared of dying, but he is afraid of the fact that if he dies, no one will care.

Fatal Flaw:
"Sure, I have flaws like any other person. But I'm confident enough to say that I'm not going to let them get in my way, that I'm not going to let this so-called 'fatal flaw' lead me to my supposed doom. I assure you that."
Caleb is selfish and doesn’t depend on anyone but himself. He has no real friends, and that’s going to be his downfall someday if he doesn’t do anything about it.

The Background
History:
Caleb actually lived a normal life before camp. Monsters didn’t really bother with him since he was the son of a minor god. He grew up in New York with both his parents and Owen who was younger than him by four years. For years, he was shunned by his classmates since he was pretty hard to work with due to his bossy and critical attitude. In fact, everyone disliked him. Heck, even his stepfather and his brother ignored him all the time. The only one who bothers with him is his own mother, Rissa.

On second thought, Rissa wasn't the only one who does, but Caleb hadn't found out until recently. Her name was June, a daughter of Ares. Like him, she had problems with socializing and uncannily enough, it was that similarity that led them to trust in each other's company. It was quite a scare to the others, seeing their least favorite (and the most dangerous people in their age range too) persons join forces, but they fought the urge to comment on this development, mostly out of fear. Despite the indifference and how intimidated the other kids were, June and Caleb thought nothing of it and, overcoming all the odds, became friends. Caleb didn't know about June, but she was certainly the first one he considered to be more than an acquaintance.

But this didn't last long, because their strange friendship caught the eye of their parents, Ares and Momus. The war god, especially. The innocent friendship would have been easily overlooked by such majestic beings like the gods, but something kept them constantly on the lookout. Perhaps they saw that June and Caleb's friendship will cause a rift in the future, caused something that would endanger a lot of lives. No one knows for sure, but one thing was certain. If something was big enough to warrant the gods' attention, then it must be a gigantic problem that didn't only involve a handful of lives at stake.

At first they only kept a close eye on the two, but the time came when the two friends started to fight. It wasn't your regular kid fight that only involved words and teasing. No, it was more than that. No one knew how exactly it started, but I can tell you how it ended. It cost Caleb his eyesight and June her sanity. Maybe they would've lost more than that, if the two gods watching above hadn't interfered. Thinking it was for the best, they wiped off their memories and separated them for good, not wanting to risk it. They didn't want anything like that to happen again.

So it was then that Caleb started wearing glasses. He had no recollection about his only friend and it ruined him without his knowledge. He became more withdrawn, more skeptical of things, more arrogant and even more aggressive than ever. He poured out all his energy to his studies as some kind of distraction, diverting his attention from the finer points in life. Being fairly young at the time, Caleb thought nothing of it. He thought that he was on the right path to success, that he can do it all on his own.

When Caleb was nearing fourteen, Rissa Wright didn’t know what to do with him anymore. He was a nerd with no friends, like some kind of hermit. Even though he excelled at school (despite his dyslexia and ADHD), Rissa knew that if he kept going this way, he would eventually end up as one of the loneliest people on earth. So on Caleb’s fourteenth birthday, Rissa explained to him what he really was—a demigod.

At first Caleb didn’t believe it. After all, he was inclined to believe that something that is not supported by scientific evidence was not real. Even with his complaints and skeptical remarks, Rissa brought him to camp anyway. He only grudgingly accepted the fact that he was the son of a Greek god when he entered the camp and got claimed almost immediately. Caleb was told by his mother that he would stay in Camp Half-Blood for an unspecified time, despite his protests. Rissa’s objective in sending him to camp was to change his personality and make him a better person.

Unknown to him, he would once again be reunited with his forgotten past. That he would be facing not only his long-lost friend, but also her angry father who didn't take it too lightly that the two people he worked to separate found their way back to each other, as if it had been the plan all along.

Mother: RISSA WRIGHT || 42 || TEACHER
Father: MOMUS || GOD OF MOCKERY, BLAME AND STINGING CRITICISM
Stepfather: BRYAN WRIGHT || 40 || TEACHER
Sibling: OWEN WRIGHT || 11 || BROTHER

The Extras

The Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sapphire on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:33 am; edited 45 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:27 am

RESERVED
CHARACTER SLOT NUMERO TRES

Last edited by Sapphire on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:41 am; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:28 am

JONATHAN ADAMS

Character Numero Cuatro.
Date Created: 03.02.2012
PETWEAPON

the database [revamped] Athan_zps7c644f12
JONATHAN WYATT ADAMS, SON OF APHRODITE

Birth Certificate
Name:
Jonathan Wyatt Adams

Nicknames:
Athan

Place of Birth:
"I don't really know. I lived in the orphanage for as long as I can remember."
Los Angeles

Birthday:
March 1, 1996

Sexuality:
Straight

Camp Information
Godly Parent:
Aphrodite

Claimed:
"It was during the first summer I spent in camp. Funnily enough, it happened when I asked Wally, also one of the undetermined campers then, to pass me a plate. Well, the timing was weird, but hey, I got claimed and my mom's blessing. The days that followed my claiming had a lot of girls chasing after me though..."
Yes

Years in Camp:

Year-Round or Summer:
Year-Round

The Looks
Description:
Being a son of Aphrodite, Jonathan is naturally blessed with good looks. He can pass off as cute and boyish, considering the absence of facial hair thanks to frequent shaving. Well, like most of his siblings, Jonathan does give a care about his appearance and especially his face. Girls have been known to swoon over his face (mostly in secret, but that's beside the point) and he tries not to let it get to his head. If, let's say, Jonathan auditions for a modeling career, he would most likely be considered for his looks and height - a whopping 6'1". While Jonathan's frame looks fit for his height, he doesn't pack a lot of muscle and lacks the toned chest that usually comes with famous male models.

Jonathan's hair is of a dark shade of brown, though it can fool the eyes and look light-colored under intense sunlight. It is usually swept to his right and cut short enough to only reach the collar of his polo shirt. It is sleek to the touch and he won't admit that he uses a generous amount of hair products to style it. "Don't blame me," he would say, "I think it runs in my blood."

The most distinguishing feature on Jonathan's oval-shaped face is his eyes - standing out with an odd jade green color. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and that you can usually tell what one is feeling just by staring into his eyes, but the son of Aphrodite has grown so used to hiding his emotions that he can make his green orbs look rather unreadable if he wants to. Often, these eyes are the things that reel the girls in, which is why he tries as much as possible not to emphasize them and may wear shades just to do so. Jonathan wants to be liked for his attitude, not his appearance.

Jonathan isn't picky when it comes to clothes and will go with a regular shirt, jeans and sneakers any day. However, he isn't averse to wearing things like tuxedos to fit the occasion and secretly likes the way he looks in one because it can certainly make him look a damn shade nicer than usual. If it's pretty cold out, Jonathan puts on his favorite black leather jacket, a gift from his adoptive mother. Though the jacket looks a little rugged and worn out from overuse, he doesn't mind at all and will continue to wear it without a care.

Disabilities:
None.

Play-By:
Joe Brooks

The Psyche
Personality:
Jonathan is sweet and quite the gentleman. He pretty much cares for everyone, even if that person is merely a stranger walking across the street. Selflessness is his middle name, and he will go out of his way to help people out if needed. He is one of the rare types of people in the world who will race towards a burning building and rescue a stranger without missing a beat. This kindness is why some people take advantage of him when they get the chance. Jonathan is quick to be manipulated just by threatening those he loves and by making him feel guilty if he doesn't follow through. This is why his selflessness can cause him more pain despite the fact that it's more of a good of a thing. When he puts others' well-beings miles before his, he is ultimately destroying himself in the long run.

He inherited his father's looks and charm, and coupled with Aphrodite's traits, he can be quite the lady killer. In fact, he could be, if he wasn't so shy and quiet. He has little to no flirting skills, which is quite surprising for someone who is a child of Aphrodite. However, one thing that gets the ladies (barring his looks) is the fact that he usually listens rather than talks. Jonathan doesn't even need to work hard to be interested. By developing a sincere caring attitude to people, he has long mastered the art of empathizing with one's problems and lending not only one ear but two good ones to people who need them.

Jonathan hardly ever gets angry. With his patience, he has been known to remain calm and controlled even in a stressful situation. He rarely yells back if people start to shout insults at him. It is even more uncommon to see him actually deliver a physical blow to someone even if he has already been hurt by that person. Jonathan has been an easy bully target in his childhood years because he doesn't fight back. However, he directs all the anger he works hard to control to himself, and he usually believes himself to be the one at fault in situations that directly involve him. Jonathan lives in the world of "what if's" and sometimes he wonders what would have happened if he had decided to strike back. But then, he starts feeling guilty for just even considering the thought and quickly forgets about it.

Jonathan has great control over his emotions. He is the type of person who will hide his pain rather than let anybody know about it. While he easily trusts people, he isn't quick enough to confide in them his emotions and those are about the only things he keep to himself. Being very adept at lying, Jonathan will make people believe anything if that's what makes them happy, even if it means faking his feelings.

• Music
  • Blues

Dislikes:
  • Lying
  • Flirting
  • Fighting

Hobbies:
  • Listening to music
  • Singing (but he’s just a so-so singer)

Secrets:
  • One of Jonathan’s obsessions is finding out who his father is.
  • Jonathan is actually scared of the most intimate of physical contact in a relationship, but he is never going to admit this out loud because he thinks it's frankly embarrassing (especially considering that he's a boy).

Abilities:
  • Charmspeaking. It isn't a widespread fact, but Jonathan has a potential in charmspeaking. He doesn't know that he has his power, but he unconsciously uses it...and its use is pretty much random so Jonathan can't really tell if he can charmspeak or not. Maybe he'll learn to control it someday, but how could he when he doesn't even know his own strength?
  • Love Radar. Jonathan can also tell if a person is in love with someone just by staring into their eyes for a certain duration of time. He can't tell who they love though, only that they are in love.
  • Combat Skills. Jonathan isn't a fan of fighting, but if he needs to, he is great with a sword and doesn't really use anything else.
      Weapon: Jonathan has a three-foot long celestial bronze sword, Rixus. When not in use, Rixus turns into a necklace he always wears. The silver pendant of this necklace bears a dove symbol, also engraved in the hilt of his sword.

Inabilities:
  • Flirting. Seriously and unbelievably, this son of Aphrodite has no skill in flirting.
  • Inability to say ‘no’. Being the kindhearted soul he is, Jonathan finds it hard to say no to someone.

Fears:
Jonathan is afraid of rejection and heartbreak.

Quirks:
  • TBA.

Fatal Flaw:
Jonathan bottles up emotions like pain and suffering and rarely opens up about them to others. It makes him feel like he is burdening them with his problems, but he doesn't realize that in doing so, he is slowly destroying himself.

The Background
History:
At 26, Winston Hayles was on his way to stardom. He got the looks, the charm and the confidence to be every woman's dream. A great actor, Winston was already climbing the ladder to be a Hollywood star. He would have gotten it too, if he hadn't caught the heart of the Greek goddess Aphrodite. They began to date, and such was Winston's love and attraction for Aphrodite that he proposed marriage within a year. He didn't know that he was in love with a Greek goddess. So naturally, the goddess refused, leaving the young man's heart crushed and broken. He was even more hurt when Aphrodite stopped seeing him for his sake. Winston's career took a turn for the worst as he sank into depression. He started drinking and smoking. Then suddenly, he found himself, with his head pounding from a hangover, opening the door of his home to reveal a baby boy waiting for him there.

Winston knew that the child was his and Aphrodite's. He tried to take care of the boy who he named Jonathan. But his attempts were futile. He had no idea how to be a parent, and it didn't help that Jonathan very much reminded him of his past lover. A mere glance at Jonathan triggered unhelpful memories in Winston's mind, and he knew that he couldn't bear to live with this kid, even if he loved him so much. Thinking it was for the best, Winston left Jonathan in an orphanage in New York when he was around a month old. Jobless and depressed, Winston returned to his vices. He died a month later, committing suicide.

Jonathan spent three years in the orphanage when a childless elderly couple took a liking to him. Hayden and Karla Adams viewed Jonathan as the child of their dreams. Jonathan loved them from the get-go, and pretty soon he was accepted into the kind family. He grew up to be a nice and well-mannered young man with the guidance of his adoptive parents. He knew that he was adopted, and still hopes that one day he would be able to find out who his father is.

It was in his adolescent and teenage years when Jonathan faced his heartbreaks.

The first one was when he was twelve. Being the shy gentleman he was, Jonathan took weeks planning to ask out a close friend of his. He wasn't one of the popular kids--rather he was the kid who always quietly sat in the back. A few months later, on Valentine's Day, Jonathan bought a rose for the girl and got ready to actually ask her out, when he learned that she was already seeing someone. Jonathan tried to hide the pain, letting everyone think he was okay with that. But he wasn't. Jonathan was in too deep. It took him a year to get over the girl.

Then he started to like the girl's best friend. Learning from his mistakes, Jonathan took the chance to ask her out quickly. His class was surprised to see the shy boy muster up his courage to ask someone out. To his joy, he was accepted and soon enough they started dating. The relationship lasted barely a year, until the girl dumped him. Even if she told him that he was a nice guy and that they just didn't seem to be the match, Jonathan was still really hurt. But, like before, he chose to hide his true feelings and just shrug it off like it was no big deal. It took him two years to finally let go, and within those two years he found his way to camp with the help of an old satyr.

And then, his last girlfriend came. They lasted for half a year, until Jonathan found out that she was cheating on him. He broke up with her quickly. Jonathan then realized in the next few days, through the help of his friends, that the girl was pretty much manipulating him from the start. He was so hurt to hear that, but like always, he made it look like he wasn't really affected.

After that he didn't really trust love anymore. Up to this day, he finds it ironic that a son of the goddess of love could experience so much pain through love.

Mother: APHRODITE || GODDESS OF LOVE AND BEAUTY
Father: WINSTON HAYLES || 27 || ACTOR (deceased)
Adoptive Mother: KARLA ADAMS || 64 || HOUSEWIFE
Adoptive Father: HAYDEN ADAMS || 66 || RETIRED CIVIL ENGINEER

The Extras
Pet:
None.

Theme Song:
BreakEven - The Script

Add-ons:
None.

Other:
None.

The Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 am; edited 35 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 am

NICOLE REEVE

Character Numero Cinco.
Date Created: 07.13.2012
PETWEAPON

the database [revamped] Nicole
NICOLE AISHA REEVE, DAUGHTER OF ARES

Birth Certificate
Name:
Nicole Aisha Reeve

Nicknames:
Nikki, Nix

Birthday:
July 10, 1996

Sexuality:
Straight

Camp Information
Godly Parent:
Ares

Claimed:
Yes

Years in Camp:

Year-Round or Summer:
Year-Round

The Looks
Description:
Chocolate brown locks fall in waves to frame Nicole's face. She often pulls her hair back into a bun or wears a headband to keep it from her eyes which are a dark shade of green, occasionally found having yellow specks in it when the light hits in the right angle. She isn't exactly on the tall side, only sporting a measly height of 5'3" for her age, but her build is just quite right for her age--not too much muscle but not too skinny either. Nicole is an avid user of make-up, the best tool to cover up the scars that adorn her fair complexion. Her style of clothing leans more on the girly side with dresses and heels to improve her height.

This daughter of Ares has a peculiar gait, her manner of walking depending on the side of her that is dominant at the moment. She walks slouched and slightly hunched when being the sweet young lady she usually is, but stands and walks straighter when the darker side emerges. It is more common to spot her wearing a warm and friendly face, as opposed to the mad gleam and the sinister and sadistic grin she sports during the darkest of her times.

Disabilities:
Besides ADHD and dyslexia, Nicole also suffers from a rare psychological defect dubbed as the Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID). Simply put, she has a split-personality.

Play-By:
Zoey Deutch

The Psyche
Personality:
The first thing you have to understand about Nicole is that she is a victim of DID, more commonly known as the multiple-personality disorder. This means that she has some alter egos, two to be specific, and she believes that they are totally distinct personas living inside of her. Which sort of makes sense, since the two are polar opposites. However, due to the disorder, Nicole often has 'blackouts' or something of the sort, and she can't remember anything when she shifts to her dark side. It's as if she becomes a different person altogether, and there's no telling when the other persona surfaces--the patterns are unpredictable, making Nicole very very dangerous.

Right, let's begin with the brighter side.

Nicole is a sweet girl, always up to helping others when they need it. This girl is even described to be the epitome of politeness for some. She will not hesitate to give up her last shirt for others. She is pretty likable from the get-go, to be honest, unless you're someone who doesn't like goody-two-shoes. Due to her kindness and generosity, people often don't believe her when she admits that she is a daughter of Ares. Of course, that becomes rather believable when you learn what she really is.

The other more sinister side of Nicole truly proves just how much she is her father's daughter, a true child of a war god. She becomes sadistic, deranged and insane. She knows her way around physical fights, making her a very lethal fighter especially with the fact that she doesn't care who gets hurt. This Nicole takes pleasure in hurting even the smallest of things, as if this kind of happiness is the reason for her own existence. In fact, because of this, Nicole gained a filthy and bloody track record.

Nicole knows to a small extent that she houses two distinct personalities, and the nicer one often struggles for dominance against the other. This causes her to live in fear. Fear that the dark Nicole will take over forever and hurt everyone she loves. And what bothers her most is that she blacks out every time this side of her comes out, meaning that she has no recollection about anything her body does when it takes over. Nicole is desperate to put a stop to this madness, but she doesn't know how.

• Butterflies [only applies to the light side]
  • Literature
  • Chinese food
  • Blood [only applies to the darker side]

Dislikes:
  • Rats
  • The color black
  • Bullies

Hobbies:
  • Writing

Secrets:
  • Nicole keeps her split-personality a secret. Of course, who would want to be friends with her if they realize just how dangerous she can be? As she is fairly new to camp, no one knows about her disorder yet.

Abilities:
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat. As a daughter of Ares, Nicole is naturally gifted with the ability to fight well. Her physical strength is above average for a girl her age as well so she can take almost any opponent with ease.
      Weapon: Nicole's preferred weapon is a long silver lance with a celestial bronze tip that can morph into a silver wristwatch. Nicole doesn't use this weapon unless she is in her darker mode.
  • Writing. Nicole takes after her mother. She writes things like poems and short stories and keeps a small journal on her at all times.

Inabilities:
  • Inabilty to recall important memories. Thanks to her disorder, Nicole can't really remember anything from when she switches into the darker side of her split-personality. Likewise, when she is 'dark,' she can't recall memories from her other side.

Fears:
Nicole fears that someday, her nice side will crumble and give complete control to the sadist that keeps on trying to paw its way out.

Quirks:
  • TBA

Fatal Flaw:
Nicole's fatal flaw lies in her fear of her split-personality. She is in fear of what might happen if she loses control. he tries not to let others in too deep just so they wouldn't get hurt. This results in her constantly guarding them from herself, not realizing that she is, in turn, turning to isolation.

The Background
History:
Nicole's past is best left unspoken, but let me share it to you just this once.

An excerpt of a journal entry from August 5, 1995
    ...just can't believe it. He's everything I ever dreamed of. The prince charming I fantasized since the day I learned about fairytales. The one who will sweep me off my feet and make me feel the bliss of true love. Until now I can't fathom the reason why I deserve a man like Aaron. Everything is falling into place with him by my side, as if he were the missing piece of the puzzle that is my soul. With him, I feel complete. With him, I feel so breath-takingly alive.

November 9, 1995
    Aaron changed me for the better. It is apparent that I'm no longer the woman I was a few months ago ago, back when only pens and papers provided me with consolation. The shy side of Camille Reeve slowly faded each passing moment with Aaron, giving birth to a woman of assertiveness and astounding confidence. I look back now and surprise myself with the drastic transformation I underwent. And it was all thanks to Aaron, the man I love.

December 24, 1995
    ...don't know what I've done wrong. He just left without a farewell, not even leaving a note or a letter explaining his absence. A trip to his old apartment bore fruitless results--it was like Aaron never lived there at all. What did I do to make him leave? Had I perhaps let slip a harmless word he took as an insult? Whatever the reason is for his sudden disappearance, I will never know the answer. Aaron is gone, leaving my heart not only broken into two, but shattered in a thousand pieces.

January 12, 1996
    Aaron isn't completely gone. A few months more and I will finally see with my own eyes his last gift, one that will undoubtedly be a reminder that once, I have fallen in sweet blissful love.

August 21, 1996
    Nicole is growing nicely, and with a little more time she will be able to move around on her own with her little limbs. She is such a beauty, shining with such radiance that could only rival the times I looked into her father's eyes. Indeed, Aaron is never gone. I can already see him in his child.

February 19, 2003
    I don't really understand Nicole.

I have seen her grow for almost seven years now. A sweet and humble child, she always got along so well with her playmates and even her elders. She possesses such warmth that my friends have deemed her very likable and pleasing, a true model for girls her age. But just earlier this day I have been called by the school principal, explaining with carefully chosen words that Nicole had hurt another girl in her class. The nerve of that man! Didn't he know that my girl couldn't hurt a fly? Afterwards I asked my daughter about the incident and she claimed not to have known anything about it. In fact, she seemed so appalled to hear that she would've done such a thing. I would've believed her then, if only I hadn't seen the girl I've been told that she tormented, now sporting a broken right arm she couldn't use for weeks.

September 7, 2007
    There are two sides to a coin.

There are two sides to Nicole.

The first is the nicest girl you will ever meet. Such sincere gentleness coupled with childish innocence--the Nicole that lure others in. This is the girl who likes sharing her toys to others her age. The girl who absolutely loved spending time with her friends. The girl who will never refuse a request and sees to it that it is accomplished well. Nicole, the sweetheart who made it a priority to please other people even if she knows it is impossible to satisfy everyone.

Then, there is the other Nicole.

I still don't understand how she can shift from that timid girl to this... monster. It pains me to describe my own child that way, but there is simply no other word for it. Goodness only knows how many times I have been called to the school because of her. I've heard recounts from various witnesses who saw how my sweet little girl managed to injure even boys who were years her superior. How she twists their arms behind their backs until they break. How she can nimbly dodge every attack thrown her way and counter with a simple move to the boys' vital spots to disarm and knock them out. And not only that, but eyewitnesses have also claimed to see her beat up even the most helpless without showing an ounce of regret. How she can do all this with what they attest to be a sinister smile on her face, as if she was enjoying what she was doing.

I have never seen that part of Nicole, and to be honest, it scares me. Terrifies me, even. I don't know what to make of this girl my past lover left me with. But I need to find out soon before the matter becomes too grave for me to fix.

April 2, 2011
    I've finally seen it with my own eyes. It is even more disturbing that I can hope to admit.

Nicole ruthlessly killed our own pet dog, Max, a German Shepherd. I saw her commit the crime herself and nearly threw up at the sight. Fortunately I quickly hid myself before she could notice that I had walked in. I finally saw for myself the eerie smile she has as she... goodness, I can't even begin to describe what she had done to our poor dog.

What struck me as peculiar was that a few hours after the incident, she looked genuinely worried about Max. She asked me if I had seen the dog everywhere and even talked to our neighbors, as she assumed that Max had simply gone out of the house for a little stroll. And before she slept, it was apparent that she even sobbed at the loss of her dog. It was like she never even touched him. This was the sweet side of Nicole, the side that would never intentionally hurt anyone.

As for me, I was too petrified to even process everything, and frankly too afraid to confront Nicole about it. From what I could see, she has no recollection of the incident whatsoever. Which begs the question, what is happening to my daughter?

June 28, 2012
    It's getting worse, more frequent. As if the darker Nicole was taking over and the sweeter one slowly fading into nothingness. I don't know what to do anymore! I fear that she will snap anytime and go into one of her rages again. I hold each second dear, not knowing if it is my last. Nicole is that dangerous now. Aaron, what have you left me with? I know it is unfair to blame you for this, but what am I to do now?

And old man told me to turn Nicole in his care. He told me that she was something special. Said that she needs to be brought to a special place so she should be trained. For what? Trained to be even more feral than she is now? I avoided that man since then, fearing that he was part of some police force sent to take my daughter from me.

I miss the old Nicole, but she is slipping away fast. Any moment she can switch to the other side, and by then there is nothing to do but flee for your life--

The last entry is cut here, the words drowned in a huge stain of what is unmistakably blood.

Mother: CAMILLE REEVE || 39 || WRITER (deceased)
Father: ARES || GOD OF WAR

The Extras
Pet:
None.

Theme Song:
Breathe Me - Sia

Add-ons:
None.

Other:
None.

The Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 am; edited 42 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:31 am

JIN YU

Character Numero Seis.
Date Created: 12.31.2012
PETWEAPON

the database [revamped] Aroon_zps42886eca
JIN YU, SON OF HADES

Birth Certificate
Name:
Jin Yu (Actually it's Yu Jin since in Chinese, surnames come first, but this confused a lot of campers so Jin decided on introducing himself with the more or less Americanized Jin Yu to prevent that from happening again)

Nicknames:
Goes by Jin.

Place of Birth:
Somewhere in very Ancient China

Birthday:
He honestly doesn't remember, so he considers the date of every Chinese new year to be his birthday.

In actuality, he is more than two thousand years old. He appears to be 16.

Sexuality:
Straight

Camp Information
Godly Parent:
Hades

Claimed:
Yes, Jin is claimed.

Years at Camp:

Year-Round or Summer:
Year-Round

The Looks
Description:
Jin is one of those kids you can tell to be Asian just by looking at him. With cleanly cut jet black hair with some bangs that just reach his slightly thick eyebrows, Jin has thin slanted chocolate brown eyes that are usually hard-to-read. He is not what one would call muscular. After a long time of looking pale and sickly, he is just starting to get his weight back thanks to camp. He stands at 5’7” and it irks him at times how most American boys are a lot taller than he is. Jin is still trying to get used to the modern American culture so he sticks to a simple dressing style with a plain shirt and jeans... after it was explained to him that skirts were more of a girl's thing.

Disabilities:
Jin has extreme dyslexia to compensate for the absence of ADHD.

Play-By:
Mario Maurer

The Psyche
Personality:
Jin is a man of a few words regardless if he knows you or not. He is intelligent, already able to understand English after barely two years of study (though his speech can be rather rusty at times). He believes that people can be taught and improved, that anyone could become great personages if they set their mind on it. He also has an optimistic view regarding people and believe that deep down, there is always good within them. He is known for his strong morals and his patience. When Jin believes he is right, he will fight to uphold and defend it. Likewise, if he thinks you're wrong, he will with no hesitation call you out and stop you. Jin has a tremendous amount of patience for someone his age - well, what looks to be his age anyway - and he is known to remain calm even in the most annoying or desperate of situations. However, it is not impossible to make him snap and if he does... well, he just explodes.

You can say that Jin has a chivalrous streak. His mother raised him to highly respect women and he treats them like royalty. He even had the habit of doing some sort of formal bow every time he met one, but the habit died out after a while (when someone told him that they don't do those kinds of things anymore).

Jin has the tendency to become hard on himself. He is extremely critical of everything he does, to the point that he has sometimes been called a perfectionist, but he isn't that critical of others. He doesn't like to make mistakes (who does?) and he doesn't find it easy to forget about them. Funnily enough, he is prone to having the weirdest mood swings only when he is alone. One moment, he can be all quiet and passive while in the next, he can be found trying to beat himself up for something bad he had done.

Jin is not yet used to the modern era. He is blissfully ignorant when it comes to all things modern, especially technology. He tries not to think much of it and he tries to hide this as much as he can because of the embarrassing situations it had landed him in. Still, there are still times when the occasional comment slips out and he becomes the laughingstock of the camp.

Dislikes:
  • idk either

Hobbies:
  • hmm idk

Abilities:
  • Geokinesis. Jin has considerable power over the earth. He can create small earthquakes and control rocks. This power is second nature to him but he only uses it in times of severe distress and he is careful not to overdo it. He had once created a huge fissure and a crater with a radius as long as a bus and it ended up knocking him out for three days due to power overuse. Jin's domain also extends to gemstones and minerals as they are from the earth. He can pull them out of the ground if he focuses hard enough, but he considers this as a useless power so he has only used it once so far (and an Athena kid helped him sell that diamond to the pawnshop for a hefty amount of cash).
  • Mild Umbrakinesis. Jin is able to blend with the shadows if he so likes. He can also shadow travel, but it leaves him with a severe hangover that lasts for days.
  • Combat Skills. Jin is a mediocre swordfighter and he spends a considerable amount of time in the arena to improve his skills.
      Weapon: Aaron wields a jian, a double-edged Chinese straight sword made of pure Stygian iron. He keeps this weapon on him at all times, disguised as a cheap-looking black ring worn on his left hand.

Inabilities:
  • Jin is a fail at necromancy or anything that has to do with ghosts and spirits. He can communicate with them in some ways, but he couldn't make them do his bidding. Unlike most children of Hades, he couldn't sense death or if a person is dying.

Fears:
Jin is afraid of making a mistake.

Fatal Flaw:
Jin may have the greatest amount of patience for a guy his age, but he never forgets if someone has wronged him. He holds grudges though it isn't apparent, and if his patience is stretched to the limit... well, he goes berserk to the point that he wouldn't be recognizable as the same guy.

The Background
History:
Let me start off by saying that Jin is very very old.

Jin lived in the the formative years of the Qin Dynasty. Back then, his life was hectic, ever-changing and he couldn't really understand what was going on thanks to the wars that led to the first imperial dynasty of China. What stayed consistent, however, was his being a Confucian scholar. He was taught in the ways of Confucianism by his mother's monk brother and was well off to being one himself - until the first emperor of China issued a ban on all classic works of The Hundred Schools of Thought. This, of course, led to two events: the burning of the Confucian texts and (after the emperor, seeking to prolong his life, was deceived by two alchemists) the burial of scholars. Both Jin and his uncle suffered under the latter.

But then, Jin was a demigod, and a son of Hades at that. Just when he thought that the ground had swallowed him up, he was shocked to find that he ended up in a kingdom under the ground, that is: the Underworld. Hades, with the Furies' help, had him dipped in the Lethe before he ended up in the place where time stopped: a very ancient version of the Lotus Casino.

Jin stayed there for a long time and if it weren't for the effort of a group of demigods accompanied by a satyr, he would've still been there. The old satyr, Quil, had recognized his heritage when he accidentally made a few gemstones levitate. Jin safely ended up in camp, although saying that the world gave him a shock was an understatement. It took him a full year to get used to it and the American culture. Until now, he is still having trouble adapting, but he is working on it.

Father: Hades || God of the Underworld, Wealth, and Lord of the Dead
(Note: He doesn't remember his mortal family at all. It doesn't really make much difference, since they've already been dead for around two thousand years now.)

The Extras
Pet:
None.

Theme Song:
Still looking

Add-ons:
None.

Other:
I have very little knowledge when it comes to Mandarin and it will occasionally manifest in Jin's speech.

The Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sapphire on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 51 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:31 am

RAZIEL SWIFT

Character Numero Siete.
Date Created: 10.07.2012
PETWEAPON

the database [revamped] Kim
KIM RAZIEL SWIFT, DAUGHTER OF HYPERION

Birth Certificate
Name:
Kim Raziel Swift

Nicknames:
"Call me Raziel, or if you're too lazy, just Raz will do."
Raziel goes by her middle name or just Raz.

Place of Birth:
Manhattan, New York

Birthday:
July 25, 1994

Sexuality:
Straight

Camp Information
Titan Parent:
"Well, I'm not exactly a demigod."
Hyperion

Claimed:
"This is going to sound really weird, but one night while I was stargazing, some lady from a particularly bright star suddenly floated down and announced that she was a nymph. A star nymph, to be exact. She's like 'hey, I know you' and I'm like 'okaaay, you know that makes you sound like a stalker, right?' Anyway, she started to ramble on and on and ultimately ended up telling me who my real father is. Yeah..."
Technically, Raziel isn't claimed by Hyperion, but she was told of her heritage by a star nymph.

Years at Camp:

Year-Round or Summer:
Raz often skips school to stay in camp instead and spends more time in camp than home, marking her as a year-rounder.

The Looks
Description:
"I'm so hot that I set the room on fire. And I mean that literally."
Raziel's hair is a dark shade of brown streaked with highlights of a lighter shade. She keeps it cut short, only barely reaching her shoulders. Most of her bangs are swept to the side and partly covers her left eye. Her eyes are almond-shaped with brilliant green pupils that tend to look a little more blue at a different angle. She uses a bit of eyeliner to trace the outline of her eyes, earning her something short of a punk look. Despite this sorta gangster style, her face breaks out into a friendly grin more times than she can count and she generally tries not to look too intimidating. Raziel has next to no insecurities with her teeth and she flashes her pearly whites without as much as a second thought. There is a dash of freckles across the bridge of her nose, though they aren't really noticeable at first glance.

Raziel is fairly light-skinned and her skin doesn't get easily tanned. She supposes that her skin is as resistant to tanning as she is to fire. At 5'5", Raz's height is just enough for her to stand taller than most girls below her age. She has a medium build with little muscle from her running around and frequent partying. She can come off as attractive to most and she uses this to her advantage along with her great social skills. Knowing that she is rather good-looking for someone not a child of Aphrodite, Raziel carries herself in strides that practically scream confidence - chin up, chest out, etc.

Raziel has an okay taste in fashion, I suppose, preferring rock/punk-style clothes as an everyday attire. Shirts with grungy prints and skintight jeans are enough. Though she may look to be somewhat boyish, Raz isn't averse to wearing girly clothes for special events and has worn gowns and dresses on more than one occasion. She prefers clothes that she is comfortable with, of course, and would likely not wear heels to spar in an arena.

A mark that distinguishes Raziel from the rest is the tattoo on her right arm. She got it when she was fifteen. The tattoo is of a bird with a musical staff curling from its beak, symbolizing her love for music.

Disabilities:
None.

Play-By:
Cassadee Pope

The Psyche
Personality:
"Haters gonna hate."
Raziel is a very sociable person. A carefree and outgoing girl, Raz can be likened to a hyperactive little puppy full of boundless energy. It is hard to keep her contained in a limited space and she claims that she will die if she is without the company of another person for long periods of time. Though Raz loves being in a huge social circle, she finds it especially difficult to be very close to any one individual and when she finally accomplishes that, it is extremely hard for her to let go of said person. Once she pours her heart out to someone, she will almost literally cling on to them to her dying breath and be so loyal that she'll give Percy Jackson a run for his money. Raziel is marked to be so loyal to the people she holds dear, but once that bond is broken, better watch out. Raz has the capacity to be awfully brutal to those who betray her trust, and she will with no hesitation show you just how much she is her father's daughter.

Raziel has this unending desire to be different. Being in the spotlight energizes her to a degree and she absolutely loves to express herself in her own unique way. This is why she prefers Raziel to Kim. She finds the name 'Raziel' attractive because it is unusual. Furthermore, she strives for the extra mile because going farther than anyone else gives her a feeling of gratification and with that, brings forth arrogance. Raziel can come off as cocky and narcissistic when she is proud, mostly of those things that mark her as being extraordinary (i.e. being a daughter of a Titan). For Raz, ordinary is boring. Tradition is even more boring. "Why stick to something that generations before have already done?" Raz would ask. And her favorite quote? "Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you are born to stand out?"

Raziel hates rules. She doesn't like being told what to do, even by her friends. This makes it hard for her to accept advice or help even when she needs it. It has caused her to land in more troubles and create more problems than she can count, and these aren't enough to make her stop and realize her mistakes. As a child, she had learned that there are two ways to be remembered: one, being the best in following rules and orders, and two, being the worst and constantly told off. Raziel settled for the latter and now, she will do things her own way without a care for what other people might think. That being said, she is open-minded and rarely is reluctant to try out new things. This makes her very versatile. Raz has actually been dubbed as a jack-of-all-trades more than once.

Music is her passion. Raziel is artistic and creative, turning to music to express herself. With a good singing voice, she loves to let her feelings out through songs (some of which she had composed herself). One can usually tell what her mood is through her voice alone. It isn't hard to find out what Raz is feeling at the moment, but to know why she feels like that is another story entirely. Raziel can come off as moody and dark when she wants to but no one really knows why, due to the fact that she doesn't like disclosing her past so easily. Raz is prone to wallowing in self-pity when alone and this puts her dangerously teetering towards depression. This is why she seeks out the company of her friends, because it makes her forget who she is. The problem, however, is that there may come a point where even friends cannot temporarily heal her emotional wounds. Raziel doesn't do well in coping with sadness and fear and if she allows these emotions consume her, it may mean two things: she may vent her feelings through tantrums and negativity towards the persons she cares for the most or she can isolate herself from people and in turn, let depression take over her soul.

Raziel is a flirt. It comes so naturally and easily to her that she sometimes doesn't realize that she is flirting. She has this hidden longing for love and affection that she never fully received as a child. With her pleasing and funny personality, Raziel had boys falling for her in the past, but for some reason she never considered anything to be serious. She felt that there was always something missing but she couldn't tell what. She lives her life looking for this 'something' and jumps from one boy to another in an effort to find the thing that can make her feel whole and complete. Even with all the crap she says about being so in love with someone, Raziel knows deep inside that she hasn't ever fallen in love yet, and there is this lingering fear within her that she will die without properly feeling what love is.

• Stars or star-gazing
  • Cheese, anything with cheese

Dislikes:
  • Closed spaces
  • Water (in large amounts, usually)
  • Hypocrites

Hobbies:
  • Singing and composing

Abilities:
"Man, you do not want to get on my bad side. Did I mention that I play with fire?"
  • Photokinesis. Being a daughter of the Titan of Light, Raziel is gifted with the ability to control light. She has gained considerable control over it, considering that she had been practicing since she was thirteen years old. With the presence of a light source like the sun, Raziel can bend rays of light according to her will without coming close to even draining her. This ability only takes a lot out of her energy if she works to intensify or diminish the light in a certain area (i.e. making the light from a fluorescent bulb bright enough to blind anyone looking at it).
  • Pyrokinesis. Another power inherited from her Titan father, this ability to manipulate fire and heat comes natural to Raziel. Though she has less mastery over it compared to photokinesis, she is able to make a small amount of fire do her bidding (i.e. summoning small flames on her palms and creating small fireballs). However, she is completely powerless when this fire grows out of control. She is working on improving this power and she is gradually getting better. There may come a time when she can master the use of this deadly power (power boost, anyone? xD). Raziel is also a little heat-resistant, able to stand higher temperatures than normal.
  • Combat Skills. Considering that Hyperion is the greatest Titan warrior next to Atlas, Raziel has undoubtedly inherited some of her father's great skill. While her skills with swords and other short-range weapons are limited, she has accuracy and precision under her belt and can put five arrows in a three-inch circle from forty yards. She is good with any long-range weapon in general.
      Weapon: Raziel owns a black and gold bow and a collection of arrows with celestial bronze tips. Occasionally she stocks up on special arrows (i.e. explosive arrows) but this only happens when there is a big battle ahead of her. Her bow shrinks down into a bracelet she always wears on her left wrist and her quiver and arrows are concealed as a necklace with a matching design.

Inabilities:
  • Mild claustrophobia. Raziel has a mild fear of enclosed spaces. She will freak out if alone in one for long periods of time.
  • Cooking. Raziel has no talent with this. Ironically, most of the food she tries to cook end up burnt. As does most of the kitchen.
  • Swimming. Being a daughter of Hyperion, Raz doesn't like staying in water. It makes her feel weak in the knees and she has the tendency to become nauseous just by being near bodies of water like lakes and seas.

Fears:
Raziel has this fear of dying without having properly experienced love.

Quirks:
  • TBA.

Fatal Flaw:
Raziel's desire for attention and love leads her to do things that are out of the norm and most of the time, it does more harm to her than good. This has landed her in bad and complicated situations that ended up harming others or herself.

The Background
History:
Despite the fact that he was in pieces in Tartarus, Hyperion had somehow adapted something short of Kronos' style - that is, to appear and contact mortals through their dreams. And that was what led to the affair of Hyperion and Jacqueline Swift.

A Greek mythology and astronomy enthusiast, Jacqueline had almost everything she needed right before her eyes: a stable teaching career, vast amounts of money, a loving husband and an adorable son. No one could understand how she still felt that something was missing in her life, not even she herself. At night she would just lean against the open balcony of their condo and gaze up at the night sky, asking the stars countless questions that would of course return no answer. She was successful in some aspects - in material things, especially - but why did it feel like it wasn't enough?

And that was when Hyperion entered her life.

Or more specifically, her dreams. The first encounter unnerved yet enthralled Jacqueline at the same time, but she didn't think too much of it. It was just a dream, after all. But then, how could a dream leave her with so much giddiness and warmth that she felt like a blissful teen in love? The peculiar occurrence left her in spirits so high that she thought she might just soar with the stars. It was soon followed by another, then another, just as if she lived a different life in her dreams as a totally different person. A person head over heels for a Greek Titan. In fact, Jacqueline had been called a queen more than once. Of course, she thought the whole idea was absurd, but in dreams, anything can happen, right?

Then, imagine her great surprise when she found herself pregnant. The incident left her utterly shocked and speechless. There was no way it could happen. How could dreams have crossed the border towards reality? How can this be possible? Especially when her husband Royce had been away for quite a few months now, working as a chef on a cruise ship. Hyperion left her then, leaving her with chilling words - 'She will have power greater than that of the gods.'

What was supposed to be a joyful reunion between husband and wife was broken when Royce Swift was met with the sight of his wife cradling a baby girl in her arms and their son Kayden hugging her leg in turn. It started the rift between the two, the bitterness that would soon cause bigger problems than they could imagine.

Raziel lived a gray childhood. Jacqueline loved her daughter, she really did, but she couldn't stand the sourness and the indifference displayed by her husband Royce. As a result, she spent more time in the academy she taught in rather than at home, wanting to get away from seeing her husband's pained face. She was selfish enough not to consider the needs of her two children, both needing to be showered with a mother's love and affection. Kayden, the firstborn son, was affected by this, but he suffered lesser damage than his half-sister Raziel. Royce had always given Kayden attention, had always made him feel loved, but he wasn't that giving to his "daughter". It wasn't like he hated her, really. Raziel just reminded him of what his wife had done even if he was trying so hard to forget. It was hard to care for Raziel, for she brought him so much pain just by being there. This had a huge impact on Raziel's life, the fact that she received little care from both parents. Sure, Kayden and Raziel got along fine, but there was always something in a parent's love that a sibling cannot really bring.

Raziel then focused her energy on school, thirsting for affection she failed to receive at home. Due to her dyslexia and ADHD, she couldn't attain the title of 'smartest kid in class,' so she settled for the next thing that was sure to get people's attention: being the class troublemaker. She would pull pranks, joke around, and even get the lowest scores on purpose just to get called out. This set Raziel on the path of a rebel going on extreme lengths just to get noticed. It was the harsh reality for the girl that she needed to be the worst she can be to get the attention she deserved.

Finally, Royce and Jacqueline finally got fed up with all the 'ignoring' arrangement and after a few long years, decided to settle the problem. This ultimately ended in both of them filing for divorce. Raziel was ten years old at this time. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the young ten-year-old accidentally eavesdropped on a shouting match between her parents. They had just finished fighting over the custody of her older brother Kayden, and when Jacqueline brought Raziel up, Royce had responded with an indifferent 'Keep her. It's not like she's even mine.' Raziel was young at the time and didn't understand, but she mentioned it in passing to her brother, who looked at her in shock and without thinking, told her what exactly that phrase meant. It broke the young girl's heart.

This made Raziel's condition worse off. She ended up doing worse things in school but she was no longer doing it solely for attention. It had turned into a way to let off steam, to vent out her frustrations and negativity. She poured her heart and energy out into singing and one day, the teacher heard her voice while she was messing the walls up with crayons. With her talent recognized, Raziel started to gain popularity through entering contests and programs. This also resulted into her ending up in a huge social circle with "friends" and fans, even. For her, it was like winning the lottery. She finally got the recognition she worked so hard for, and her school wouldn't need to kick her out because she had become a big asset in singing competitions.

But then, along with her rise to fame also came enemies. A lot of people disliked Raziel for her carefree and outspoken attitude plus the fact that she did things the way she wanted without caring what other people might think. Among her enemies, only one rose to be dubbed as her 'arch-nemesis' and that was Delilah "Delly" Winston. She was just as equally popular as Raziel for their age group, and the easiest way to describe her is that she belongs to that cheerleader stereotype. She and Raziel immediately disliked each other at first meeting, and unknown to Raz, it soon became the spark that set off the next series of unfortunate events.

Delly had gotten in Raziel's nerves countless times, but this time she was pushing it. The girl had called her a lowlife and trespassed on the most sensitive topic to the demititan - the issue of her being the result of her mother's extramarital affair. Blinded by rage, Raziel had not realized what she was doing until she finally did it. At thirteen years old, her ancient heritage finally manifested itself in the form a small fireball that formed on her palm. Scared to death of what just happened, Raziel tried to shake off the fire but ended up throwing it at Delly instead who thankfully dodged at the last minute. The fireball singed her sleeve and left her with a mild burn and the desire to see Raziel crushed.

The rumors spread like wildfire (ironic use of words, doncha think?) and they soon led to Raziel's alienation from the student body. They were all afraid of her now and she hated it so much. Only a few people would dare talk to her, and that was to ask about the whole incident. Torn from the animosity she received in school and the ignorance she received from her mother who never spent time at home, Raziel broke into pieces and teetered on the verge of depression at the very young age of thirteen. No one took her seriously because of her young age and it was only due to a talent show in the following week that Raz hadn't taken her own life yet.

Clinging on to music as if it was her lifeline, Raziel found just enough strength to show up in the talent show. But then, just as she took the stage and about to sing, a few hellhounds suddenly broke in the auditorium, terrorizing the masses. It was utter chaos and Raziel could only stand shocked at the intrusion, not believing her eyes. It was only thanks to the guidance counselor-slash-satyr who smuggled her out of the fray and into camp that she was unscathed.

Raziel spent her first weeks in camp wallowing in self-pity in the confines of the Hermes cabin. Fortunately, due to the fact that many other demigods shared tragic experiences, she soon found herself embraced with welcoming arms by other campers and it started her slow but sure healing process. Though she was assured that her family was informed of her whereabouts, Raziel couldn't care less and instantly wanted to live in camp rather than outside. She found her home in camp. It was a place where no one judged her for her past.

However, Raziel wasn't satisfied with this. The fact that she was crammed into the limited space offered by the Hermes cabin along with the rest of the unclaimed especially annoyed her. She slowly began to revert back to her rebel ways, often breaking curfew just to sit and stare at the stars. It was her favorite pasttime, besides singing. Raziel had always felt a connection with heavenly bodies for reasons unexplained. She looked up to the stars and, like her mother years before, pleaded for help. That was when a star nymph landed in front of her, explaining her heritage and everything.

Now, Raziel doesn't maintain close contact with her family and says she hates them. In all honesty, she's just in denial. Well in any case, the fact that they make her attend a summer school for delinquents doesn't improve this relationship.

At present, Raziel lives her life searching for love, meaning and significance. She is trying to find the thing that's missing from her life, much like what Jacqueline had done before. The question whether Raziel indeed follows her mother's footsteps or not remains unanswered, and only the Fates can tell.

Mother: JACQUELINE SWIFT || 45 || GREEK MYTHOLOGY/ASTRONOMY TEACHER
Father: HYPERION || TITAN OF LIGHT
Adoptive Father: ROYCE SWIFT || 46 || CRUISE SHIP CHEF
Brother: KAYDEN SWIFT || 20 || IDK YET BUT IT'S NOT IMPORTANT

The Extras
Pet:
A stubborn male pegasus named Starlight. Raziel technically doesn't own him but she is the only one he responds to because she has saved him from a hellhound once. He doesn't think twice in following her orders, knowing that he owes her his life.

Theme Song:
Stand - Rascal Flatts (and her playby's cover of it :3)

Add-ons:
This lists down the upgrades I bought which I used on her:
  • Pet Perk
  • Extra character slot
  • Extra BTC/Titan slot
  • Power Boost (her pyrokinesis will gradually improve until she completely masters it)

Other:
This character was made in collaboration with Summer.
And I slightly tweaked the claustrophobia thing because to be honest, I forgot all about it during the past few months haha.

The Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:14 am; edited 50 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:36 am

MAX GRANT

Character Numero Otso.
Date Created: 11.27.2012
PETWEAPON

the database [revamped] James
MAXIMILIAN GRANT, SON OF HEPHAESTUS

Birth Certificate
Name:
Maximilian Grant

Nicknames:
Maximilian is a mouthful, so he just goes by Max.

Birthday:
July 13, 1998

Sexuality:
Straight

Camp Information
Godly Parent:
Hephaestus

Claimed:
Yes, Max is claimed. Hephaestus staked his claim the moment Max stepped into the forges for the first time, a day after he entered camp.

Years in Camp:
9 months (3/4 of a year)

Year-Round or Summer:
Year-Round

The Looks
Description:
". . ."
Max's shaggy brown hair covers his forehead and his ears even if he tries his hardest to sweep it back in an effort to prevent any of the strands from getting into his eyes. He doesn't really do anything to maintain a tidy appearance when it comes to his hair. The funny thing is that Max pretty much sports the same hairstyle from when he gets up in the morning to when he goes back to bed at the end of a full day. The only thing he does to maintain whatever clean state his hair is in is when he goes to shower and when he gets it cut if it grows too long. After getting used to his bangs, Max developed the habit of patting them down whenever he is nervous (i.e. talking to a stranger).

Well, one good thing regarding his hair is that Max doesn't keep it long enough to shield his sapphire eyes from view. His eyes stand out in a very light shade of blue around the edges. His face is round-shaped with pinchable cheeks, not yet acquiring the more angular features that comes with the onset of puberty. Max hates how much he looks like an innocent kid, and secretly wishes for his features to look more manly.

Unlike his siblings who are bulky with lots of muscle, Max sports a scrawny build. His arms and legs are long and lean, though they are somewhat unproportionate for his height of 5'1". Burns and scars are scattered across his pale skin, most of which acquired from working in the forges. Max does give off a wimpy sort of first impression and he hopes that he would hit a growth spurt and have a leaner frame soon, the latter of which far from happening due to the more time he spends in the forges and less time exercising or sparring in the arena.

Disabilities:
The interesting thing about Max is that he doesn't talk. However, this isn't because of any physical disability as he is a mute by choice.

Max also has dyslexia and ADHD like other demigods.

Max doesn't have perfect vision, so he either wears glasses or contacts to correct his eyesight. He prefers contacts though, since glasses tend to get in the way when he's working.

Play-By:
Asa Butterfield

The Psyche
Personality:
". . ."
Max comes across as a very silent and laid-back boy. His shyness and apparent inability to speak has led some to assume that he is antisocial, though this isn't really the case. A kind person in general, Max actually shows a sweet and gentle side if people give him the chance. He isn't really comfortable with people he has barely met and it shows on how he nervously fidgets and fumbles with his gadgets, but once he starts to warm up to them, he will start to smile and 'talk' more. He doesn't literally talk, but he begins sharing more of himself by communicating through his hologram board. Max is honest and sincere in his actions and he expects others to be the same. He is also modest, not one to brag about his skills with machinery and invention.

Max isn't too picky with the people he chooses to be with, just as long as they mutually enjoy each other's company. He easily accepts things and people the way they are. He isn't judgmental, believing in second chances. The only time he can show a negative side to his personality is when he is provoked, that is, if his friends betray him or if they happen to mess up his devices, whether it be accidentally or on purpose. Max can become very childish and possessive when it comes to his machines and can throw tantrums or give silent treatments if they have been damaged in any way.

While he couldn't be the life and soul of a group of friends, Max can turn out to be that person who would stay when things get rough, lending a shoulder for you to cry on. He doesn't mind hearing people out as they rant about their problems although he isn't one to give advice and ideas. He would just give them a smile and hug while praying that everything will be alright. But then, all he'd ask for is that you do the same to him if the situations were reversed. Max doesn't take it well when people react in a negative or indifferent way when he shares his own set of problems. If something like that happens, Max would mentally write them off his friends list and would give them the same kind of treatment if they attempt to rant to him again.

Max feels more at home with machines than people. The diligent son of Hephaestus can actually spend days just tinkering with them in the forges. All the years he spent figuring out how to invent machines have instilled in him a certain sense of dependency, however. Without his gadgets, Max feels vulnerable. Also, he doesn't trust other people with his inventions. After a fiasco in the past that involved his stepsister breaking apart a communications device he had spent weeks making, Max became rather paranoid with letting others handle his own creations. However, he doesn't have a problem letting more experienced people touch his gadgets, believing full well that they know what they're doing.

Max is rather gullible and childishly innocent. He easily puts his faith and trust in others and usually doesn't realize his mistake until it blows up in his face. He can be a little too childlike for his age, a result for being cooped up at home for most of his growing years. Being this naive has led to him ending up in awkward social situations simply because he doesn't really know how to react. His ignorance has led to him being manipulated for others' own gain at times but when he discovers that he was being used, Max will try to avoid the cause of the problem (usually the persons involved) and ignores them the best he could. He doesn't take betrayal lightly, and he holds a grudge against the offender for a long time.

Dislikes:
  • Betrayal
  • Loud rock music

Hobbies:
  • Tinkering with machines

Abilities:
  • Enhanced Forging. Max has the natural ability to create gadgets like most of his siblings. He has created a fair few inventions of his own, like a multi-purpose wristwatch with a hologram board that he uses to aid his speech. Though he has a knack for inventions, he has yet to learn how to make big and major ones that are more in the lines of Batmobiles.
  • Mild Technokinesis. Max to some degree can understand machine language, like binary codes and Morse codes (also having considerable knowledge over coding and programming). Though he can't fully understand how a certain machine works, he can sense the gist of it and in some cases, figure out how to do particular processes like turning it on or shutting it down.
  • Combat Skills. Max is average at swordfighting, and he mostly depends on some weapons (like his robo-dog X3) that he has built himself.
      Weapon: Max's weapon of choice is a regular celestial bronze sword that shrinks down to a small screw attached to his wristwatch. Thanks to some Hecate campers, this special sword has been modified to come back to his wristwatch after roughly a minute of leaving the wristwatch or his hands.

Inabilities:
  • Speech. Max doesn't talk, but he is a mute by choice so he can speak if he so chooses (he never does though). If he really needs to get a point across, he uses a notepad app installed in his watch (this is quite actually the only other thing his watch is good for besides telling the time and keeping his sword). When used, the message is projected into the air like a hologram.

Fatal Flaw:
Max is too dependent on machines. Take them away and he will feel like he's nothing and it puts a big dent on his self-confidence (which isn't that much to begin with). He doesn't depend on his own physical strength to get the job done, and if left to do just that, Max already fails in fulfilling what task he has been given just because of how he gives up before he even gets started.

The Background
History:
". . ."
Max was born to widow Harriet Grant, whose husband passed away three years before his birth. Struggling to make ends meet, Harriet works as a mechanic-slash-single mother to Max and his half-sister Arianne. It was hard for the first couple of years, but through it all, she was at least able to scrape a living to provide her children with their needs.

Being a demigod, though he didn't realize it at the time, had its share of perks. Max couldn't do well in school due to his dyslexia and ADHD. It wasn't for lack of trying, but eventually he has decided that enough was enough and simply stopped paying attention to things he couldn't even understand. This resulted to him dropping out of school halfway into first grade and ending up being homeschooled by his mother. At first Max didn't like it, but then he took his first steps in the basement where Harriet kept scraps of auto parts and some of her tools. Within moments, he was captivated by the world of machines and right then and there, Max found his passion at the early age of six.

Since then, Harriet creatively tutored her son through the use of her tools and spare parts. Soon, education wasn't the only thing Max got from machines. He dabbled in forging even with his limited resources. Max would spend every second of his waking hours in the basement, his fingers expertly weaving in and out of wires and handling tools that were meant for people twice his age. He would even throw tantrums if Harriet or his sister Arianne would force him out of the place. There was no doubt that the basement was his favorite place in the whole wide world, even if it was where he experienced the most frustrations when his prototypes would break apart or when he would not get the exact results that he wanted. Though these angered him (sometimes to the brink of tears), he never let them ruin his love for machineries.

Max grew spending more time with machines than others his age, but he didn't care. He rarely ventured out of the house and would lock himself either in the basement or his room (which, as the years went by, started to look more and more like a replica of the basement). Everything seemed to be in place for the boy. He had a brilliant mother and an annoying but kind sister; to him it was the perfect family.

But then, as with the life of every single demigod, something just had to twist it around into a tragedy.

It was one clear afternoon and thirteen-year-old Max was, as usual, locked up in his room while working on one of his projects. Suddenly, a nerve-wracking roar shook the house to be followed by an ear-splitting womanly scream. Numbed and shocked by the sudden turn of events, Max barely processed how his sister burst into his room and pulled him out just as quickly despite his questions and protests. Max couldn't get an answer out of the girl who tightly held on to his wrist with one hand and a duffel bag in the other.
    "Ari? What's happening?" Max asked once more, trying to catch up with the eighteen-year-old girl's hurried steps. If Arianne noticed the alarm and urgency in his voice, she didn't let on. In fact, she remained deaf to his pleas for answers with her eyes somewhat... hollow? Left with no choice but to follow and try not to trip as she dragged him across the hallway, Max could only throw a glance over his shoulder at his beloved room. An inexplicable sense of dread numbed his senses, as if he was drowned in ice-cold water. Why was he getting the feeling that he was never going to see that room ever again?

Suddenly a sharp tug on his arm caused him to stop in his tracks just at the foot of the stairs. "Ari?" Max whispered, his eyes flickering up to his sister's aghast features. Ignoring the nasty feeling boiling in the pit of his stomach, the boy followed her gaze and his heart nearly stopped at the sight.

The whole living room was a mess with pieces of furniture upturned and remnants of glass scattered everywhere. Wallpapers were ripped and strewn across the floor. But what especially caught the boy's attention was the giant Great Dane dark as the night at the corner of the room. The creature was big enough to reach the ceiling and strong enough to cause cracks with just a single wave of its tail. Max could see its fur bristling, could hear the growls reverberating in its throat. Most of all, he could see the floor under it covered with a pool of blood. Blood that was not the monster's, but of the lifeless human clamped tightly in its jaws.

"Mom...?"

The mere whisper made the dog cock its ear and its merciless crimson eyes focused instead on the two of them. Max could barely find the strength to scream in fear as it dropped Harriet Grant like a rag doll and turned to its next meal.

Before Arianne and Max could suffer any major harm, a kind neighbor rushed in to see what was going on. Luckily for them, one of their neighbors was a son of Hermes. He held the hellhound off and bought the siblings time to escape. As Arianne used the family car to drive them away from the wreck, Max was still out of words as he pressed his face against the window, wondering how on earth his life could turn so bad in a matter of minutes. He didn't know what exactly happened to their kindhearted neighbor, but he could only believe that he made it through. Max couldn't let himself consider the alternative.

Arianne explained everything as she drove. It turned out that she was one of the fair few mortals who were gifted with the ability to see through the Mist, a trait she inherited from their mother. She told Max that it was all kept a secret to him how they were in constant danger thanks to his lineage, and how they had to shield him from the truth to protect him more. It turned out that they were all ready to leave at any time, that they were all at the verge of losing their lives at a moment's notice. He was going to a special camp and stay there for an undetermined amount of time. It was Harriet's last and most important order, Ari said.
    "You're awfully quiet," Arianne anxiously commented, sneaking a glance at the boy seated by her side before bringing her attention back to the road. "We're almost there, you know. Like I said, I don't know how long you must stay there, but just you wait. I'll... I'll definitely come back for you."

Her voice broke slightly, but Arianne forced herself to stay cool. She had to do it for Max's sake. Anyway, if he noticed the uncertainty in her tone, he certainly didn't say anything about it. In fact, he didn't say anything at all. "Maximilian, did you even understand everything that I said?" she said in a slightly sharper tone, trying to force a reply out of her brother. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the slightest nod come from the younger boy.

Arianne sighed. She couldn't blame him. The information was too much to absorb in such a small amount of time. Even she would be speechless if she was dumped in a similar situation. She stole another glance at the silent demigod, clearly recalling how he called for his mother for the last time. Little did Arianne know that Max had vowed for it to be the last word to ever escape his lips.

Mother: HARRIET GRANT (deceased)
Half-Sister ARIANNE GRANT

The Extras
Pet:
A mechanical robot dog that pretty much behaves like a regular dog except for the fact that it is fed motor oil than kibbles. Max refers to this dog as X3, because it is born from his third attempt to invent a mechanical pet (the first two robo-dogs had been failures). X3 has special abilities like how it can expel chloroform to knock at most two people out. Keeping in mind that he lives in a dangerous monster-filled world, Max also equipped X3 with deadly celestial bronze darts. These projectiles can be likened to a crossbow-like mechanism installed inside the robo-dog which reloads automatically once a dart is shot. The darts are not unlimited, however, and Max has to regularly check X3's weapon supply to make sure that it's always stocked at max.

Theme Song:
Still looking.

Add-ons:
  • Pet Perk

Other:
One of my weaknesses is description, so I wanted a mute character like Max to practice that aspect. Since he won't talk, I'll have to focus on writing out his gestures and actions which for me is a huge challenge. Hope this goes well. xD

The Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 am; edited 62 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 am

ETHAN NAKAMURA

Canon Numero Uno.
Date Obtained: 08.04.2012

the database [revamped] Ethan
ETHAN NAKAMURA, SON OF NEMESIS

Character You're Applying For
Ethan Nakamura, Son of Nemesis

RP Status
Ethan is currently OPEN to rp, but only off-campus. Taking into account the fact that we've barely started the BotL phase of the PJO series, he's not part of Kronos' army yet nor is he stuck in the Labyrinth. He's most likely looking for ways to join the Titan lord at this point in time.

The Looks
The first easily noticeable thing about Ethan is that he is a Japanese-American. He is light-skinned with slanted coal black eyes as typical of someone of his race. Another unique thing about him is the eye patch he wears over his left eye. No one has ever seen him without it. Perhaps the accessory is used to cover up the gaping hole when Nemesis took away his left eye. No one has ever been sure.

Ethan's glossy black hair is spiked up at the back and cut short enough not to reach the collar of his shirt. He sports a slim and wiry build for a sixteen-year-old boy, less muscle than he should have, but he makes up for it with his height (5'8"). Ethan is often spotted donning the standard Greek armor, but thanks to his frame, it looks sort of hung off of and too big for him. Without this armor, he prefers to wear clothes that allow him to move freely, such as t-shirts and not-too-skinny jeans.

Living as a demigod has its downsides, and it shows on this son of Nemesis. Scars and minor cuts acquired from his past battles are prominently displayed on his arms. He wears these faded injuries as proof of his proficiency in battles. Ethan also likes to think that they help him gain more respect.

The Psyche
Ethan is primarily motivated by his desire for recognition and respect. This, of course, stemmed from the years he had spent unclaimed in the Hermes cabin. It fostered negative thoughts about those around him, especially the gods. Why did they have to leave their children groping in the dark? Surely, even a little guidance would help? Why hadn't they done anything as their children felt uncared for, even disrespected? These questions plagued Ethan's mind every moment he saw undetermined campers like himself, and they were enough to spur him to seek out and follow the titan Kronos. He believed that the gods were way out of order with the way they treated their offspring, and he was determined to find a way to end that.

Ethan is brave. He isn't afraid to fight for his beliefs. He also isn't a coward in the face of battle and will gladly embrace death if needed. These qualities make up a fine warrior, and coupled with his fighting abilities, Ethan is a force to be reckoned with in the battlefield. The fact that he can fight pretty well without his left eye proves just how strong he can be. However, despite the courage he shows in front of his opponents, Ethan cowers under someone he deems to be far superior than him. He is deeply concerned with how he is viewed and tries to be very careful not to commit a mistake. He fears that respect for a person is very connected to his failures, and feels that if he slips up even at the smallest of mistakes, he will no longer be respected.

One of Ethan's issues is loyalty. Debts mean nothing to him if you don't agree with his beliefs. No matter how much help you gave him when he needed it, if he feels that you need to be brought down, he will do so with vengeance. After all, his mother is Nemesis, the goddess of revenge and balance. You can say that he is an avenger of sorts, only wanting to restore balance and eliminate prejudice in the world. He only wants fairness for all. People can't have too much good luck - it will tip the scales and bring about imbalance. Same with gods. They can't just live their lives not caring about the demigods - it will bite them back in the end and he will personally make sure that it does.

Ethan can be witty and sassy at times. He is skeptical and stubborn when it comes to his beliefs. He also has a short temper and it usually doesn't take a lot for him to get riled up. In fact, just the mere mention of the gods in a good light might be enough to get him furious. Ethan will not hesitate to call you out if he thinks you're wrong. He also openly shows his dislike to people that end up on his bad side so if he hates you, he will be the first to let you know.

But despite all these, Ethan is filled with doubt. He puts up a tough and cynical front to hide his insecurities. At times, he wonders if the path he chooses is really the right one. However, it is easy for others to convince him so, leading him to be somewhat easy to manipulate. The fact that he is just a son of a minor god also bothers him because he thinks that others view him with less respect for being that way. Praises for his accomplishments are usually enough to quench whatever insecurities he might have in himself, at least for the time being. He holds these comments in high regard and they are pretty much the only thing that can temporarily erase all doubt in his mind.

Sample Roleplay
Running. That seemed to be the only thing his life revolved around now. After all, Ethan wasn't about to stay in that wretched camp any longer. He didn't want to receive superficial sympathetic looks whenever the fact that he was undetermined came to light. He no longer wanted to watch the other kids in the Hermes cabin get claimed by their godly parents. It only made him wonder when his mother would finally recognize him as her son. If he was going to get recognized.

Thinking about Camp Half-Blood only fueled his fury and before long he found himself punching the alley wall in sheer anger. Sadly, the sting from his knuckles provided little comfort and not enough of a distraction from his own thoughts. Slowly, Ethan turned and pressed his back against the cold brick wall. His clenched fists hung tense by his sides, the whites of his knuckles showing. The right one especially showed signs of bearing a bruise a few moments later.

The demigod sucked in a raspy breath. What was wrong with him? Why wasn't his immortal mother claiming him? Did he not live up to her expectations? Did she just forget all about his existence, not caring if her son lived in grief that his own mother had not even acknowledged him? A strangled sob forced its way out of his throat and he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to prevent himself from breaking down. It was quite a stupid thing to do, anyway. He wasn't going to earn his place if he was to be crying there like an idiotic weakling.

"Damn the gods." His voice was rusty and hoarse, as if it hadn't been used in a long time. "Damn them all."

It was then that it happened. Growing vaguely aware of the faint light filtering through his closed eyelids, Ethan recoiled and closed his eyes even tighter. Styx, was a cop aiming a flashlight at his face? That seemed likely, seeing as he was an underage teenager frolicking about in New York at this very late hour. However, as he brought his hand up to shield himself from the light, Ethan realized that it was way too much brightness just for a single flashlight. It almost seemed like the sun was a few feet away, threatening to burn him up.

Soon the light faded and Ethan thought it was safe to open his eyes again. The hazy dark spots dancing around in his vision did no help as he tried to assess the situation. Why had it become dark again? What was that light all about? His demigod senses tingled and his hand immediately went to the hilt of the sword hanging from his belt. A monster? he thought with a repressed shudder. But monsters aren't the type to make flashy kind of entrances... Hoping for the best, Ethan took a deep breath and unsheathed his celestial bronze blade. Thankfully, the images started to shift into focus and before long, he could see properly again.

That was when his mouth dropped open in surprise.

A woman stood - or floated, rather - a short distance away, seemingly staring at him. Her curly locks fell neatly past her shoulders, framing her plump oval-shaped face. Her outfit comprised of flowing robes, dangling an inch or so above the ground. Ethan's first impression of her was of an angel sent from the heavens. The similarity was quite easy to make with the two bird-like wings fully spread out on her back.

"Ethan Nakamura," the woman spoke. Her voice caused Ethan more surprise than the fact that she knew his full name. He had expected something heavenly, something that sounded like bells chiming peacefully in the distance. Instead, he was met by a mixture of an angelic and a scratchy tone. It wasn't really bad to the ears. It was more like the two blended equally, the voice sounding somewhat harmonized - as if they balanced each other out. At the realization, a certain name quickly rose to his mind and he wasted no time in saying it.

"Nemesis."

The angel did nothing to confirm this, at least that was what Ethan thought. What with the darkness of his surroundings, he counted himself lucky enough to even figure out what was in front of him right now. His heart hammered in his chest in both anxiety and nervousness. A goddess..? But why should she show herself to me now? Unless... Ethan's ears started ringing in excitement. Could she be...?

"Are you my mother?" he asked hopefully, trying not to make his restlessness obvious.

Nemesis considered him for a few moments, prolonging the silence. "Ethan Nakamura," she said, urgency lacing her tone. "I will give you a choice. A gift, you could say. But heed my warning, young one, even the smallest gifts demand something in payment. Something to be sacrificed. Are you willing to accept this?"

Ethan's eyes shone. Though Nemesis didn't answer his question, he was beyond thrilled that she had taken the time to even speak with him. And not only that, but she was also offering him a gift. A gift from a god! That simple thing was enough to erase the worries he had just a few minutes earlier. His heart seemed to run at a hundred miles an hour in his chest and he wouldn't be at all surprised if it suddenly burst out of it. After all, he had never been this excited in his whole life.

"Y-Yes," he managed to croak out. Deciding that he had sounded pathetic, Ethan cleared his throat and repeated in a firm yet shaky voice. "Yes. I accept."

He thought he saw the faintest trace of a smile on Nemesis' features, but he couldn't be sure. "You have a remarkable fate set out in front of you, Ethan," she mused as she drew closer to him, her robes billowing behind her like a bridal train. "The world is going out of balance. I'm certain that you've noticed." Her voice took on a rather irritated tone as she looked up at the skies with a slight scowl, as if they were the cause of her miseries. Nemesis sighed before looking back at Ethan, scowl fading to be replaced by none other than a stoic face. Ethan didn't mind the less-than-happy expression on the goddess's face. He already considered it a great honor to be even looked at by someone that great. He probably wouldn't even minded if the goddess scowled at him. "One day, you will restore the world's balance. I can promise that much to you," she continued with relish.

Ethan was too busy marveling at this new development to notice the bitter edge Nemesis' voice took. "Restore the word's balance...?" he repeated in a breathy voice, not realizing that he had completely lowered his sword that it hung limp at his side.

Nemesis stopped abruptly, lips set in a tight line. "But this is not free. As you mortals put it, 'there's no such thing as a free lunch'. It all comes with a price, Ethan. You know how it must be - everything must be balanced. In order to bestow to you a gift this great, you should also make a great enough sacrifice."

"I still accept it!" Ethan suddenly blurted out. No sooner had the words left his lips when he clasped a hand over his mouth. What had he just done? That was straight-out rude! "I'm sorry - I didn't mean to, I mean - I humbly accept your gift..." he trailed off meekly, bowing his head in respect.

The lightest of smirks crossed the goddess's face and she turned away, robe whipping behind her. "Very well then. If that is what you decide..."

Ethan braced himself for the worst. It was the right thing to do, as barely a second later, blinding pain erupted from his head, particularly coming from his left eye. His sword dropped with a clang to the ground as a pained scream ripped his throat. His hands went to clutch at his eye, which felt like it was stabbed with thousands of knives. Hot tears poured down his cheeks. The pain... this was all too much... Ethan sank to the ground, curling into a fetal position. Make this stop... Please, someone make this stop... was all he could think as his body writhed and trembled. Was this the price of his decision to accept his fate? A small part of Ethan was already beginning to regret it.

Soon, the hoarse screams died in his throat and his movements slowed into a stop. His breathing was still ragged and the pain still clear as day, but at least it had begun to fade into some sort of numbness. While it wasn't altogether reassuring, Ethan was relieved. It was a few more moments until he completely regained his composure and straightened into a proper sitting position on the ground. He grew aware of the fact that he was still clutching his head, particularly his left eye. But then, a cold sense of dread washed over him as realization dawned on his features.

What felt like his left eye only seemed like an empty socket on his skull. Shuddering like crazy, Ethan withdrew his hand and reopened his other eye. His blurry vision shook a little, but there was no mistaking the dark stain of red splattered on his hands.

Nemesis had taken his left eye.

Before he could even process this fact, the familiar womanly voice echoed in his mind, as if it came from a fair distance away. "There will always be a price to pay, but the reward will always be equal to, if not greater than, the cost to achieve it. Please keep this in mind, Ethan... my son."

Ethan slumped against the cold brick wall. He had just been claimed by his mother, Nemesis. No, it was more than that. Nemesis took his left eye from him. But it was for the greater good, for his immortal parent also promised him a great destiny to match his sacrifice. His mother had practically deemed him 'the chosen one.' Out of all her children, Nemesis chose him.

Whatever resentment Ethan bore his mother before had all but disappeared. Despite the lingering sense of pain from the spot that once held his now missing body part, a delicious sense of contentment washed over him in waves, and it was far greater than any feeling he had ever encountered. It was of pride and satisfaction that he had finally been recognized. That he was a somebody instead of a nobody. His left eye was a hefty price to pay, but in the end, it will pale in comparison to what lay ahead of him. He trusted his mother enough to be sure of that.

He was Ethan Nakamura, the son of Nemesis that will restore balance to the world.

For the first time in ages, his lips curled up in a genuine smile.

Why do you deserve/want to roleplay this character?
I want to roleplay Ethan because he belongs to the types of characters that I like - something that runs along the lines of being an anti-hero. He is a bad guy who has this good side to him that will save a lot of people in the end. Ethan is also constantly torn with the desire to fulfill his life ambition but it seems that he is having trouble deciding the right thing to do to achieve this goal (and I have to admit, I feel the same way). I honestly think that roleplaying a character like him will prove to be an interesting experience.

The Code
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sapphire on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 am; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:30 am

SIMON MONTRI
needs approval.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Simon Montri is ACCEPTED! Loving the character profile layout, by the way!
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks! The layout is Dean's work, btw :3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:01 am

U P D A T E.
ABIGAIL MORRIGAN and RILEY JAE WILLIAMS
are moved to the inactive list.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Can I just say . . . I love your template!there's so much character you include! It's amazing!
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 am

Thanks! Credit to Dean for the awesome layout :)
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 am

JUSTINE JAY LOCKE
is awaiting acceptance.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 am

Accepted! A very good and well rounded character! Have fun rp-ing!
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:15 pm

CHRYS JAYDEN RUSSELL
is awaiting acceptance.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Chrys is Accepted.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:54 am

NICOLE AISHA REEVE
is awaiting acceptance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:06 am

Nicole is... amazing. She is accepted!
... seriously. She is amazing. I love the diary-style history, and how it is actually from the point of view of her mother... It tells everything you need to know, but it really just makes so much better that you've gone and done something more creative like that. Well done!
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:02 am

Wow. I really like Nicole. The ending of the diary-style was like, woah, cliff hanger. /huggles huggles. You're so amazing Rune <3
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 am

Aww, thanks, Zell, Fudge *huggles* :3

Glad to see that the history I worked on at two in the morning turned out great. My muse strikes at the ungodly hours of the day lololol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the database [revamped]   the database [revamped] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the database [revamped]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next