Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Training to save{Peary}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

Training to save{Peary} Empty
PostSubject: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:56 pm

She's a caged animal
London by night
Crashing lights and cymbals
Queens of twilight
And if I was you
I'd use the loo
Before the long drive
We compliment each other
Just like Satan and Christ

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Training to save{Peary} Tumblr_m06pyzRyJs1r7gskao1_500_large

<><><><><><><>Charity Lessard<><><><><><><>

Charity walked into the huge arena with Liam at her side. The pillars shone bright white. The white walls glimmed. "Welcome to the Arena. Follow me." Charity walked him over to a dummy then handed him her sword. "Try it."

Training Outfit

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I wear my hair fizzy
I don't copy no style
Cause kissin and a scrubbin
Has consequences
You're on the bus again
Past big ben
With your rip off oyster card
Tell your A.S.B.O. friend
To sling his hook and "go make your girl smile
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:12 pm

LIAM VANE

Training to save{Peary} Tumblr_lyj7jyGX6k1r8ecgoo1_400

Liam followed Charity into the massive arena and was immediately taken back by how amazing it was. Earlier in the day, he never would've expected to be at a place this amazing. He thought he'd still be sitting at home being the loner he is. Now a girl he just met was teaching him how to fight so he could save his mom from the dead? He had to admit, it was pretty cool.

Taking the sword into his hands, Liam was shocked at how much it actually weighed. He struggled for a second, but quickly regained his balance and held the weapon awkwardly in his hands. He followed Chairty's gaze to the dummy and said,
"Try... hitting it? Well, alright..." Doing his best to lift the sword, he swung it down at the dummy. Well, more like he fell down. The weight of the sword carried him to the ground, completely missing the dummy. Liam hastily got back to his feet, patting dirt off his clothes.

(By the way, I made it so Liam's best/preferred weapon would be a spear, so he's not going to be good at anything else XD)
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Charity walked Liam towards some weapons just thrown on the ground. "Pick the one you feel most pulled towards."Charity had made her weapons so, she didn't have to pick one from the armory or here. She looked at him expentantly.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Following Charity to a pile of weapons, Liam probably looked really confused. Several of the things were completely foreign to him and he didn't know where to start. He dropped the sword Charity had originally given him and began sifting through the mess of blades.

None of them really seemed appealing to Liam. He'd already crossed swords off his list, he had terrible aim so he didn't even consider the bow and arrows, and the rest just seemed too heavy or difficult to use.

But something caught his eye. There was a small stone that was made out of the bronze material as most of the weapons were. However, it was also decorated with a single silver swirl. It reminded Liam of his ring, the one his mother had gave him, which was still on his right hand. Instinctively, he pulled on the stone to reveal that it was the tip of a spear. The handle was a dark wood that also had swirl designs carved into it. It was considerably lighter in Liam's hand and his mind felt draw to it.

Turning back to Charity, he held up the weapon and grinned.
"I think this is it," He said.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:50 pm

"Nice choice." Charity said while leading him back over to the dummy. "Now, try." Charity watched, excited. She was already trained enough but, a bit of practice couldn't hurt. Charity held up her sword and began slicing another dummy up. She had gotton pretty good.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Liam nodded, more confident that he could put on a good show now. He watched Charity go to work with her sword. Wow, she was a lot better than him. Then again, she'd been at camp longer.

"Here goes nothing," He muttered as he gripped the spear in both hands. He faced the dummy and glared at it with his stormy gray eyes. In one movement, he jabbed the spear forward. It felt so good to move forward so quickly. The simple movement made Liam feel like he was on top of the world.

His mood quickly diminished. Just because he felt great didn't mean his fighting was great. The spear shifted slightly and missed, only nipping the arm of the dummy. Liam frowned, but it was still better than the sword.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Charity smiled at Liam. "Good try." She made her way over. "Next time," she leveled Liams elbow to his shoulder "hold it like this." Charity walked back to her sliced up dummy and continued to slice it. She came down hard on its shoulder with the hilt of her sword and then kicked it in the chest.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Liam held the position Charity told him to stand in and focused back in on the dummy, noticing for the first time that it's one of those weird weighted ones that rock back and forth if you hit it hard enough. He stabbed with his spear, tearing away a piece of cloth from the dummy's hip. It leaned back and Liam knew what that meant. As the dummy came back at him, Liam moved out of the way just in time. He switched the way he was holding the spear and whacked the dummy with the handle. It reared back once again, but this time Liam wasn't prepared. It returned with vengeance as it slammed into him, sending him to the ground. He couldn't help but laugh a little at his foolishness.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Charity broke out laughing. She had a hilarious laugh. It was somewhere between heaving and a seizure. She didn't even make any noise. She stumbled over to Liam, doubling over from laughter. "What the hell was that?" She picked up the dummy and dragged it back to where it was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Liam didn't think his fall was all that funny, but after hearing (or not hearing) Charity's interesting laugh, the situation became a lot more comical. His own laughing picked up as Charity fixed the dummy. "Sorry," He chuckled. "Not everyone can be as talented as you are with that sword. He managed to get back to his feet and pick up his spear.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 pm

"I suck compared to alot of people." Charity picked up her sword and advanced back to her dummy. She kicked it and sliced off the head. Grabbing another dummy, she looked over at Liam. He was good for a beginner. She had met people who didn't even know what a sword was. Like really? Charity hollered, "Remember to hold the spear the way I told you too."
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Liam highly doubted that Charity sucked compared to others at the camp, but what does he know? She was the first one he had seen fight. Either way, he gathered himself and faced the dummy again. He put a lot less force into his strikes as he carefully practiced aiming at its chest. For some reason, he couldn't quite hit it spot on yet. He shrugged it off, assuming he'd get it with practice.

As he stabbed the dummy at his slow, mediocre pace, Liam glanced over to where Charity was decapitating others left and right. He was impressed, but he thought he'd praised her enough already. He tended to let his jealous side take over when he saw people with better skills than him, so he refrained from saying anything that might upset both of them. Instead, he said between jabs,
"So, tell me about this quest. The one that might save my mom."
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 pm

After decapitating another dummy, Charity turned to Liam, panting. Well, first
we have to get permission fro Chiron, after we train for a couple weeks. Then, we have to go to Las Vegas to get to the Underworld. After we get to the Underworld, we have to pay Charon the ferryman of the dead. And then, when we reach the Feilds of Asphodel, we can search for your mom. Then we have to pay Hades. Thats the hard part."
Charity sat down on the floor and looked up at Liam.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Liam listened intently, but didn't stop his training. He whacked his dummy with the handle of his spear and shakily skewered it through the chest. Not the most skillful move, but hey, he was gradually improving. He took a little time to rip his weapon out of the inanimate object's chest though.

He stumbled backwards freeing his spear when he heard the last part of Charity's explanation.
"Why is it so hard?" He asked in regards to paying Hades. He soon realized that his question was stupid. Hades had control of all the world's riches. They'd have to pay him something pretty huge to regain a life.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 pm

"Well, Hades doesn't let just anyone in his palace. We need to team up with a Hades child. It'll be easier. But, still, we'd have to pay something huge for a whole life. Drachmas won't do. We have to sacrifice another life." Charity didn't like the idea but, it was what had to happen. If Hades didn't make one of them stay and serve him, then they were pretty lucky. Charity would stay if it came down to it.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Liam stopped his practicing and turned to Charity. Sacrifice another life? The thought sent shivers down his spine. He loved his mom, but he thought she'd kill him if he let someone else die for her. He opened his mouth and said timidly, "Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Maybe we can trick him. I mean, it shouldn't be hard if we have one of his children with us."
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Charity comtemplated the idea. Tricking a god? A job for a Hermes kid. My job. "Well, since I have trickery in my blood, I'll trick Hades." Charity was always up for a challenge. Even though she didn't do this kinda stuff, she was still Hermes' daughter. Charity picked herself up off the ground and walked closer to Liam. "Well, let's continue training. Or, do you want to discuss this more?" Charity let her sword fall to her side, her hand strained by its weight.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Liam smiled. A child of the god of death, a girl who had trickery in her blood, and a desperate boy searching for his mother? Sounded like a pretty solid team. Of course, they still needed to find this child of Hades. And Liam still had plenty of training to do.

He stood up and stretched out his arms for a second. Saying nothing, he migrated over to a training dummy. He experimentally tried different angles of jabbing with his spear. He was obviously improving, but nowhere near fighting level yet. As he practiced, he called over to Charity,
"So, any idea who our third quest member would be?"

(OMG I LOVE YOUR GUITAR I THINK I MIGHT STEAL IT!!!!!! AOISHFIOUNDHFSO)
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 pm

(Lol, I might sell it. I don't know.)

Charity looked over at Liam.

"We can always go to the Hades cabin? I don't know any Hades children that would help willingly."

Charity jumped-kicked her dummy and it toppled over. She was pretty impressed with herself. She was nevr any good with sword. A thought came to her head. Maybe Liam might be good with a bow and arrow like she was.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Liam poked his dummy several more times before looking back at Charity who was going all kick-butt ninja. He was genuinely impressed. He looked at her quizzically before saying, "I'm sure someone will be willing to help. After all, it might give them a chance to meet their dad."

(WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU SELL IT?!?!?!? DON'T DO IT! CHERISH IT FOREVER!)
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:20 pm

"What if we can't even get the quest? We would train and train. And get eachothers hopes up. What if we can't get your mom back?" Charity had to bring up the "what if's". She always had to. There was always a sudden impulse. She turned back to Liam. What if she died? What if Hades killed her? What if he saw through her lies? She was doomed either way.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:55 pm

(OOC: Pear, you still RPing here?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training to save{Peary}   Training to save{Peary} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training to save{Peary}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: