Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Arriving at the Hermes Cabin

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

Arriving at the Hermes Cabin Empty
PostSubject: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 am

LIAM VANE

Arriving at the Hermes Cabin Tumblr_lyj7jyGX6k1r8ecgoo1_400

Liam swept his long, shaggy brown hair out of his gray eyes as he stood before the door to the Hermes cabin in his dark gray hoodie and jeans. He held nothing in his hand, but had the ring he always kept on his finger. The small gem of the ring was such a faint gray swirled with silver, it almost reminded him of wind. He tried to get up the courage to knock on the door, but he was afraid that if he entered the cabin, he'd burst into tears. After all, it was only a few hours ago that his mother was killed in that car crash. He barely escaped alive and received a large cut on his arm (which had been treated) and a bonk on the head. He remembered his mother's urgency to get him to camp, telling him the world outside isn't safe for him anymore. Apparently he was a demigod. Liam didn't even believe in the Greek gods, how could he be the son of one? The whole experience was just too much for him, so he sighed and sat down on the steps outside, messing with the ring on his right hand.

Last edited by PearyPants44 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Charity opened the door to the Hermes cabin and nearly tripped over a boy. "You unclaimed?" She asked with a smile on her face. She was always excites for new editions to the Hermes cabin. So many kids, unclaimed and claimed, sharing the cabin excited her. She walked down the steps with her wolf pup trailing at her side. Her wolf was 1 foot tall and had bright blue eyes. She picked her up and scratched behind her ears.

The boy on the steps seemed....confused. Diffinantly new . She thought. She sat down Infront of the boy and put Emmi, her wolf down next to her.
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Liam's heart nearly leaped out of his chest when he was joined by a girl who seemed a little younger than him. If all this nonsense about demigods was real, he'd have to fix his habit of getting scared too easily. He jumped to his feet, fixing the ring on his finger and looking at the girl. He thought it was kind of strange that she had wolf pup with her, but he guessed he'd encounter even stranger things at this camp. He managed to stammer, "Unclaimed?" Liam was clearly not getting it. No one had told him much yet except for the fact that he was supposed to reside in Cabin 11.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:05 pm

"Unclaimed is when you don't know who your godly parent is. For example, mine dad us Hermes. I assume your new so you don't know who your god parent is." Charity explained. Charity set down Emmi and she rolled around at her feet. Charity broke out a smile. "I'm Charity Lessard by the way."
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Liam nodded. So they're real after all, he thought, referring to the Greek gods. His mother wasn't crazy. He listened as Charity talked how her father was Hermes. That would explain why she was in Cabin 11. Liam scratched his head as he began furiously wondering who his godly father was. Honestly, he had no clue. He didn't feel like any of the gods that make up the semicircle of cabins really fit him.

Focusing back in on Charity, Liam said, "Yeah, I'm new. Just got here about two hours ago actually. I guess I'm unclaimed then." Almost forgetting that he hadn't introduced himself, Liam quickly added, "Liam. Liam Vane." Not sure what else to do, Liam awkwardly stretched out his hand for Charity to shake. This was kind of a weird experience for him. He's never really held a conversation with anyone other than his mother before.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:54 pm

"Nice to meet you, Liam." Charity bent down and clipped Emmi's leash on. "So, got any idea who your god parent might be?" She asked. Emmi nudged Liam's leg with her head. "Emmi, leave Liam alone...." Emmi continued to rub her head on his leg. "Emmi...stop."
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 pm

"No idea," Liam replied. "I just don't feel like any of these gods... fit me, you know?" He sighed. Sure, it was only his first day, but with his mother now dead, Liam longed for some sort of parent to watch out for him, even if it was a god.

He glanced down at the wolf rubbing her head against his jeans. He managed an awkward half-smile and said, "She's... cute." Really, he was just praying the wolf didn't get hungry and take a bite out of his leg.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 am

"Yeah, I got claimed a couple weeks ago. Never thought I'd be a Hermes." Charity pulled Emmi away from Liam. "She won't bite." Charity smiled. She squatted and ruffled the fur behind Emmi's ears.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Liam nodded and asked, "How long does it take before you get claimed?" He was looking forward to knowing who his dad was, but he hoped it wasn't some jerk like Ares or a freak like Hades.

He managed to laugh nervously as the wolf continued to brush her head against Liam's leg. He believed Charity that she wouldn't bite, but he wasn't taking any chances. Nonchalantly, he inched his leg away from the creature.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:39 pm

"Um, well, it took me like 4 days to get claimed. I can't really determine when your going to get claimed...if your a minor god child you might get claimed faster. If your an olympain's child it'll take longer." Charity shrugged. There was nothing she could do. "Where do you feel most comfortable? That might determine your god parent."
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:50 pm

"Comfortable?" Liam asked, truly stumped now. Where did he feel comfortable? He'd moved around so much, he hadn't really had time to pick a place to just relax. No knowing what else to say, he said, "Um, well, I like being alone sometimes." That wasn't a total lie. Normally he was alone, so he guessed that's where he felt the most comfortable. He doubted that would help determine his parent though.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:47 pm

"Well, that leaves Hades, Aeolus, Hypnos, and Deimos. That's all the gods that have children like that...I wish I was a Hades child.." She mumbled the last part to herself. Charity always thought she felt more pulled towards the Hades cabin. She did love her Hermes siblings though. Charity pulled Emmi back from Liam again. She was always so friendly, wanting to smell and get pet.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Liam was a little taken back by Charity's comment. He really didn't know who those gods were except one; Hades. Maybe the ruler of the underworld had some decent kids, but as far as Liam knew, they were freaky. When Charity said she wished to be a daughter of Hades, he asked, "Why is that?" He left out his thoughts about how strange of a god he assumed Hades to be for the sake of not getting on Charity's bad side.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 pm

"Well, I don't really fit in with the Hermes kids. I'm more like a Hades child. I don't prank, or steal. I like to be alone, reading or with a close friend. I don't know. I always thought I was a Hades. It doesn't matter. Hermes is cool." Charity picked up Emmi and scratched behind her ears.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Liam smiled and nodded. He was kind of glad Charity didn't say she was obsessed with dead things or whatever. That would kind of freak him out. He could see she was telling the truth about not being a prankster or thief. She didn't look the part. He shrugged and joked, "Maybe there was a mix-up at birth and you're really a Hades kid." He chuckled at the thought of gods losing track of their children. Liam was hoping all the kids at camp were like this; so easy to talk to. He hadn't had much experience, so Charity was really making things easy on him.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 pm

She's a caged animal
London by night
Crashing lights and cymbals
Queens of twilight
And if I was you
I'd use the loo
Before the long drive
We compliment each other
Just like Satan and Christ

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Arriving at the Hermes Cabin Tumblr_m06pyzRyJs1r7gskao1_500_large

<><><><><><><>Charity Lessard<><><><><><><>

"I bet there was.." Charity laughed and continued to scratched behind Emmi's ears. Emmi barked happily and rubbed her head against Charitys hand. "Calm down, girl." She said. Charity continued to pet her and asked Liam "So, uh anything interesting happen on your way here? I got brought by a Nymph, not that exciting..."

Outfit <-- Clicky Me!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I wear my hair fizzy
I don't copy no style
Cause kissin and a scrubbin
Has consequences
You're on the bus again
Past big ben
With your rip off oyster card
Tell your A.S.B.O. friend
To sling his hook and "go make your girl smile
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Anything interesting? Liam thought. Of course! He was chased by monsters. His car crashed. His mom died. He could tell Charity all this. I could spill everything and let her know what really happened. But it had only went down a few hours ago. The memory was so fresh. He remembered his mother's face ash the car exploded and he was saved by the satyr. He remembered her giving him the ring as if she knew she had almost no time left.

So he said none of this. Though it was probably fairly obvious that he was hiding something as Liam's eyes began to water. He looked down and said, "Nothing too interesting."
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:39 pm

She's a caged animal
London by night
Queens of twilight
And if I was you
I'd use the loo
Before the long drive
We compliment each other

Charity could see the lie in his eyes. "You can tell me." Charity gave him a caring smile and put Emmi down. Emmi ran up the stairs and into the cabin. Charity looked at Liam. Something serious had happened. She could tell. Charity didn't want to push it out of him. If he didn't want to talk about it was fine. She wasn't going to use her 'super-persuasion' skills on Liam.

I wear my hair fizzy
I don't copy no style
Has consequences
You're on the bus again
Past big ben
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:37 am

Was it that obvious? Liam wasn't sure that he wanted to share what had happened on his way to camp. Then again, it couldn't be healthy to keep it all bottled up. Reluctantly, he told Charity the story of how his mother died a few hours before.

""Well... okay. Um, my mom said we had to go somewhere urgently. She introduced me to a strange boy, a satyr is what she called him, and we all got in her car and sped off to here. After a few minutes, these things started chasing us. Monsters or something. MY mom spilled everything then and told me about my godly descent."

That was the easy part. Liam really thought he should just stop talking now, but he took a deep breath and continued.

"When... When we got to the hill over there, my mom lost control of the wheel. The car sped off the side of the road and into that valley. The satyr grabbed me and pulled me to safety before the crash but... my mother didn't make it."
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 pm

She's a caged animal
London by night
Queens of twilight
And if I was you
I'd use the loo
Before the long drive
We compliment each other

"I'm so sorry." Charity gave a sympathetic look. She handled alot of these kinda things. "Did she die in the crash or from a monster?" If she died from a monster, Liam might be able to get her back.

Outfit <-- Clicky Me!

I wear my hair fizzy
I don't copy no style
Has consequences
You're on the bus again
Past big ben

Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Liam shifted, not entirely sure of the answer. "I don't see how she could have survived the crash," he said, "So I guess that's when... you know." He looked at his feet as he fought back the urge to cry. He promised himself he wouldn't cry until he was alone.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 pm

"Well, if she did happen to be..ya knowed..by the monsters, theres a way you could get her back." Charity hoped he didn't try it though. She would go with him if he decided to. Charity bit her bottom lip and sighed.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Liam's head shot up as he raised an eyebrow. Warily, he said, "Way I could... What do you mean? She's dead." The tears stopped threatening to burst out of his eyes as he realized that Charity knew a way to get his mother back. He couldn't believe he hadn't thought of this sooner. If the gods were real, what other strange stuff was true?
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:53 pm

"Well you need drachmas and possibly a "charmed" pearl. You have to go on a quest so, it'll take you some time to train and prepare. I'm going to give it 2 weeks before you can go get her. I'll come too just to show you around." Charity would be happy to go with him. After all, she knew what the underworld looked like. She had maps.
Back to top Go down
PearyPants44

PearyPants44

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Drachmas? Charmed pearl? Quest? All this was new to Liam. After all, he only had knowledge of all this mythological stuff for a few hours. It made his brain hurt, but strangely, he wasn't mourning anymore. Maybe his mother wasn't lost for good after all. There was hope. He didn't even feel awkward talking to Charity anymore. Opening up must have given him some more confidence.

"Train?" He asked. "As in fighting? I don't know if I can fight." He smiled when Charity offered to go with him. Having another person around might be good for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arriving at the Hermes Cabin   Arriving at the Hermes Cabin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arriving at the Hermes Cabin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: