Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) Empty
PostSubject: NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)   NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Chapter 1
No Goths
Allowed

My life had changed entirely when I went to my school for the first time. I was a girly beach girl from Long Island who’d suddenly moved to New York City. My dream had come true. Or so I had thought.
My first experience with the real NYC had been on my first day of 6th grade. I’d shown up in a neon yellow tank top, jean shorts, flip-flops, and my dirty blonde hair was tied back in a long ponytail. I was expecting a hall full of kids who looked and dressed like me. I expected peppy, upbeat kids, whose biggest goals this year were to get high honor roll and be on the student council. However my daydream had only been a dream. Instead I walked in to a hallway full of kids in either preppy clothes or apparel clearly bought from a Goodwill or Salvation Army. The poorer kids hated me for being so peppy and they called me spoiled. The snobby, rich, preppy kids sneered at me. They laughed at my pathetic beach clothes because they wore designer clothing. I was thoroughly depressed.
By the second week of school I locked my bedroom door and refused to come out. My mom, who was a kind, warm, and inviting mom who could still be a Corporate Cathy businesswoman, begged and pleaded for me to come out. This only made the tears I had been holding back pour out. I lay under my covers for 2 weeks. Of course when mom went to work I would get up and steal some food and lots and lots of water bottles from the kitchen. I waited for mom to finally say that I could be home-schooled or transfer. Sadly no time for that came. One Sunday my door opened abruptly and it revealed my computer work based father holding a screwdriver. So I got up and went through my closet and found the perfect outfit for the following Monday.
So I walked into school in black fishnets, black combat boots, a black mini skirt with chains hanging on it, and a black t-shirt that said, Cupcake Cult and had a kitten dressed as Jason and his chainsaw was dripping pink frosting. I’d put red and black streaks in my hair so I completely stood out. The poor kids smiled at me now, while the snobs despised me even more. I felt happier than ever. Though none of the poorer kids were asking me to sit with them at lunch, they had a newfound respect for me. Ms. Burke, my homeroom, English, Reading, and Social Studies teacher and Mr. Goshen my Math, Science, and Health teacher gawked at me every morning when I walked into class. Apparently they were part of the snobby side. I still annoyed my Gym teacher, Mr. Orion who was not part of any side since I wore black combat boots to gym instead of sneakers. My Technology and Music teacher who were both spunky themselves enjoyed my company. But the one teacher that loved me the most was Miss Delano, my art teacher. She loved me because I was a great artist and I was good in her class. When people asked me what was my favorite class, I always seemed to say Art. When I was in 7th grade I met my best friend.
Anna Carter, a timid, weak-kneed, shy girl had been assigned as my partner for a big science fair project. We were assigned Plate Tectonics. I knew that Anna knew I was tough and not too smart. After all, I’d really dyed my hair black and dyed red streaks into it and now I wore black lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, and eyeliner. Anna was a straight A+ student with light brown hair and gray-blue eyes. She wasn’t on any side so I was able to put up with her. She normally just wore jeans, a plain, any-color t-shirt, and sneakers. Anna had been nice to me so far that I was nice back and actually did some work. She and I had “bonding” moments and she eventually invited me over to her apartment so we could finish the project.
The Carter’s apartment was a small one-person place with a bedroom and guestroom, which had been transformed into Anna’s room. The living room, kitchen, and the short hallway the housed the bathroom and bedrooms had light, faded yellow wallpaper. Anna’s bedroom had a raised twin bed and maroon walls. We sat at the lightwood kitchen counter and glued paper on poster board while her mother cooked homemade Mac n’ Cheese and brownies. Ms. Carter liked me. She just thought I was creative and unique. She even gave me an extra brownie.
After winning 2nd place at the science fair, Anna sat with me everyday at lunch. We partnered up for ever project and assignment. We hung out regularly, whether it was at each other’s house or roaming the streets. Normally it was the streets. We’d shop at Macy’s, for Anna, and goth stores like Hot Topic for me. We’d casually hang out in Central Park all the time and eat street food until we were sick. I’d make her listen to Evanescence, Avril Lavinge, Adam Lambert, and Black Veil Brides while she mad me listen to Skrillex, Jessie J., and Nicki Minaj. It was fun hanging out, even if we were nothing alike. We were both outcasts, completely different from each other, but practically the same person. I remember my first day of high school. That one, dreaded day.
Even though Upper West Side Prep Middle was literally a 5 second walk from Upper West Side Prep High, I did not want to go. Mainly because I didn’t want to have new surroundings. I didn’t want teachers I didn’t know, classes that would be even harder, and twice the students to gawk at me. I’d begged mom to let me stay home that first day but she said flatly, NO. I guess she didn’t want a repeat of 6th grade. My 8-year-old brother Jack teased me at dinner the night before. “ Jade is a scaredy cat, JADE IS A SCAREDY CAT!!!” he taunted. I threatened my fist and kicked him under the table. Then I was immediately sent to my bedroom without dessert. Then I remember Anna in the morning trying to wake me up by hitting me.
I hissed at her like I was a vampire. “Get up Jade. COME ON. Don’t make me get the water bucket….” She laughed. I sat bolt up right and rushed to get dressed. I threw on a black lace tank top, a black mini skirt, fishnets, knee-high boots, and I put a black rose clip in my messy hair. I lined eyes with black eyeliner and covered my eyelids with black eye shadow. I applied my signature black lipstick on and headed out the door.
The 10th and 11th graders paid no attention to me since they had seen me before in middle school. However, the seniors had a fit. Some laughed, others stared. A couple people would stare at me then have a laughing fit and end up crying. I was ready to punch someone. And I did. Alfie Morin, a dork who didn’t have a side was talking about everything nerdy to Anna at lunch. Apparently they were friends. He wouldn’t shut up! So I glared at him, giving him a warning. Then my first collided with his delicate skin. His glasses fell to the ground and he clutched his face like the skin was going to peel off. You’d think Anna would be shocked. But no. She just shocked her head and told me, “Jade, can’t you go one day without hitting someone?” And I just laughed.
People stared at me all around. They now were afraid of me. And I couldn’t be any happier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)   NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:44 pm

~I hope this doesn't count as a double post~

Chapter 2
Wonderful Weekend

Weekends at the Buckner’s was a living hell. So I grabbed my allowance and walked around town with Anna in order not to be subject to dull hobbies such as knitting and cooking.
“Wow Jade.” Anna commented about my outfit as walked down the street. “What did you think? I’d be in a pink dress with flip-flops?” I joked and she laughed. “No of course not its just….nevermind.” she mumbled. True I stood out like black licorice surround by pink bubble gum but hey! At least I wasn’t in ratty clothes or polo outfits. I was dressed in full gothic garb. My makeup was black. And my outfit, to die for. It was a black corset dress with fishnet stockings and combat boots. I had thrown my black sweatshirt on for warmth put I was already getting hot.
We walked to Times Square and headed for Macy’s, for Anna of course. It was an old yet spotless place I hated. I sat on a empty counter space while Anna tore through the racks. I suddenly felt a presence behind me and whipped around to find Melena Parker and Kendall Granger starring at me in disgust. “What are you doing here death girl?” Melena questioned like she was a detective. “ Shouldn’t you be at the cemetery?” Kendall added. I glared at them. “The question is what are you two doing the sale section?” I shot back. Melena glared back and she dragged Kendall away.
After I talked Anna into getting a green loose t-shirt we left the store and headed for Hot Topic. I felt comfortable as I stepped into the blackened store. Poison, the clerk, greeted with a, “How you been my sister of the night?” I laughed this time. Instead of being in store full of people who hated me, I was in a store full of my own kind. Tray, a goth guy who was browsing the men’s section waved to me. I waved back and batted my blackened eyes in a flirty way. I was going to ask him out soon. I tried a million dark clothes and accessories. I had just bought a spandex black mini dress when I felt another presence, though this time it wasn’t a snobby prep. It was a cold mysterious presence. I turned my head to see something that only appeared in my wildest dreams.
A gothic guy! A gothic prince. Beautiful in the glimmer of twilight. My thoughts were interrupted by another thought. Twilight? Already? Gothic guy went to check out the CDs and bought an Evanescence album. I hung on his every movement. I memorized his face. His moonlight pale skin, his almost black brown eyes, and his soft lips I would have kissed forever if I could. Just before he exited the glass doors he glanced at me! I almost gasped. Then he disappeared into the night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
riess

PostSubject: Re: NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)   NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 pm

when i met ...... (whatever) somthing simple. i love writing. im currently writing somthing ...im on page 64. its almost finished. but my favorite part is thinking up the title in the end. good luck!

sarah- daughter of Hermes
Back to top Go down
riess

PostSubject: Re: NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)   NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:31 pm

[b] NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) 305504174 oh my gods write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
horselady2243

horselady2243

PostSubject: Re: NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)   NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 pm

How about:
Daughter of The Night.
I know it's cliche but I think it really fits the story so far.
Good luck and hope I helped!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)   NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NO TITLE YET (Suggestions VERY VERY WELCOME)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Fan Fiction :: Stories-
Jump to: