Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Dancing (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

Dancing       (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Maple twirled around in the clearing, flying across the soil, feeling like she was flying. The song played from her pack, which lay propped up at the base of a tree nearby.
Dancing cleared her head of thoughts, whether they be her dad and his Brittish girlfriend, or what is the best way to parry your opponents attacks.
She closed her eyes as she danced, having memorized every step. So she didn't notice someone come into the secluded clearing.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Dancing       (Open) Alexcopy
~Alex Whitlock, 16, Daughter of Zeus~

Alexandra was merely walking by when she heard music playing from the deeper part of the forest. Intrigued, she proceeded to walk towards the source of the sound, only to find a girl gracefully dancing in the clearing. Alex leaned against one of the trees, smiling as she watched the girl dance. She was pretty good, and just watching her made Alex feel relaxed. Struck by a sudden idea, Alex turned her camera on and aimed it at the girl. With one click of a button, a flash of white filled the clearing for a second, indicating that the picture was captured on camera.

Alex clapped her hands after she switched her camera off. "Bravo!" she called to make her presence known. "You're pretty good. Why do you choose to dance here of all places? You should go to the Amphitheatre."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:18 am

Maple jumped in surprise as white light flashed behind her eyelids.
She opened them to find a girl holding a camera and clapping.
Maple smiled shyly at the compliment, and merely shrugged.
"Too many people there." she explained. She turned the music off when she walked to her pack, the song cutting off abruptly.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:41 am

Alexandra started to walk up to the girl. "So what if there's too many people? You're, like, an awesome dancer. They're going to love you!" Alex said with a smile as she stopped in front of the girl. "You remind me of the show I used to watch on TV. I can't remember it that well, but I know for sure that it was a dance competition full of great dancers. They have judges and stuff and it's kind of set in an elimination round thing... Well, if they picked me to be a judge, I'm going to have a super hard time picking out the winners since all of the contestants are so cool."

Alex took a deep breath when she finished. She chuckled to herself, realizing that she had talked too much. She ran a hand through her somewhat messy hair out of habit. "Well, anyway, I'm Alex," Alex introduced herself, still smiling widely.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Maple's eyes got wider and wider as the girl talked on and on.
"I'm choreographing a dance." Maple told her. "I haven't decided when, but I have to speak to Mr. D"
Maple smiled a little, surprised at herself for talking so much. She was usually the quiet timid mouse in the corner.
"Maple" She smiled again, a little wider this time.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:28 am

Alex could see that Maple was shy. She hoped that she didn't intimidate her with her talkativeness. Alex hoped she knew how to quiet down, but for some reason, she just couldn't stop talking, especially when she was excited. "I talk too much, don't I?" Alex asked, hiding a laugh. "Sorry, I guess I'm weird like that. Anyway, I hope Mr. D approves. This camp needs more shows. Or any form of entertainment really. It's all battling and dating and stuff like that. We need more concerts and dance shows..." Alex trailed off, realizing that she was getting ahead of herself. She sighed, trying to collect her breath. "If Mr. D approves, I'm going to be there for documentary purposes!" she said cheerfully, raising her camera to emphasize her point.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 am

"Or I talk too little." Maple untensed a little, laughing lightly.
Maple nodded, agreeing that the camp had too little shows. She loved going to shows, even if she couldn't participate.
"You're a photographer?" She asked, looking at the camera.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Alex nodded as she brought her eyes to her camera. "Yup," Alex said brightly, now examining her camera. She found a scratch on the side, making her scowl a bit. She hastily used the end of her shirt to rub on the scratch, but it stayed there. "Well, photography is my passion," Alex said, a little disdain present in her voice now that she found out that her camera was in a less-than-perfect condition. "Been taking photos since I was kid. People said I had a knack for it, so I began practicing kinda professional photography. Still quite an amateur though, but at least I'm improving," Alex said, smiling up at Maple.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:11 pm

"Can I see the picture you took of me?" Maple asked, really quite curious. Having stopped dancing, she realized how cold it was, and started shivering. She found a jacket in her pack and pulled it on, warmth filling her. Almost like how it felt when she was dancing.
The cold brought her mind back to last winter, when her dad announced that he'd met a really nice woman and they were dating. Last week she'd gotten a letter saying that they were going to get married.
Of course you won't come to the wedding, sweetheart. We're only inviting 100 guests and it's mostly friends of mine and family of Sasha. We don't want to add to the costs by flying you over here, and you don't like London anyway. We're planning to hold the wedding on February 25, and say 'I do' when Big Ben strikes 12.
That was why she'd been dancing. She'd started at 11:45, trying not to think of them as she'd danced. Of course she wanted to come! Sasha didn't like her, so Maple was no longer Daddy's little girl. Maple's IPod started beeping as it turned twelve o' clock. But she'd steeled her heart, so she simply turned off the buzzer.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:23 pm

"Yeah sure," Alex obliged as she switched her camera on to show Maple the picture.

It was a great shot of Maple striking a rather complicated yet graceful-looking pose, while the background was slightly blurry to let the viewer's eye focus on the subject of the picture--which in this case was Maple herself. Alex carefully watched Maple for her reaction when something beeped nearby. Startled, Alex looked around for the source of the noise, only to realize that it was Maple's iPod. "Oh, an alarm," Alex said, more to herself. "Is it someone's birthday today?"
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:45 pm

"That's a really great picture!" Maple studied the digital screen, seeing her leg bent to one side, arms in the air.
"Not that I know of." Maple said, embarrassed, hiding her IPod when Alex asked about it.
"I'm gonna go speak to Mr.D tomorrow maybe." Maple thought aloud, making plans in her head.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 am

Alex beamed proudly. "Thanks!" she said. "Not as great as your dancing though. I mean, if you weren't dancing, then I wouldn't have gotten this terrific picture," she continued, leaving the camera hanging around her neck. She chuckled as Maple mentioned Mr. D.

"Hope you catch him in a good mood. He can be quite a...," Alex trailed off, catching herself before she could say 'grouch'. She was sure that the god wouldn't like that. She didn't want grape vines tripping her every time she walked. "Well, you know what I mean," she told Maple with a wink. "Good luck!"
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:20 am

"Thanks!" Maple smiled. She didn't feel shy and clumsy while speaking any more. Maybe friends were good.
"What cabin are you from? I'm Terpsichore. Muse of dance." Maple asked. " I haven't seen you in the Muse cabin, but I'm usually off somewhere..."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:50 am

"Let me guess. You go somewhere isolated like the forest to dance your heart out?" Alex laughed. "No wonder you're a great dancer. You take after your mom. Ha, I wish I was a descendant from the god or muse of photography, if there's any," she joked. She cautiously looked up to the sky, expecting her dad to get angry at her for saying that. Since the sky was still clear, Alex shrugged off the thought. Maybe her dad didn't get to hear that remark, or did hear it but didn't care.

"I'm a daughter of Zeus," Alex said, turning back to Maple to observe her reaction. She had been carefully studying some people's reactions whenever they learned that fact. Some were surprised, some excited, some even mad, and others just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. Alex briefly wondered which of these was going to be Maple's reaction.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:38 am

"Spot on." Maple laughed. The other Terpsichore kids talked too much to dance properly in Maple's opinion. Though they all had medals and trophies like Maple.
"Zeus?" Maple gasped. "Ruler of the heavens and lord of the sky? King god of the gods?" Her voice got quieter and quieter as she spoke, as she was feeling intimidated. Maple bit her lip, nervous to be standing in the presence of such power.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 am

Alex almost winced at Maple's reaction. This was exactly the thing she wanted to avoid. And Maple was already opening up too. The revelation might cause her to go back to her shy self. Alex really hoped not. They were getting along so well.

"Yeaah... but hey, it's no big deal," Alex said, smiling as she fiddled with the lens of her camera. "I'm just the same as any demigod here. We all have our quirks," she paused, wondering how to continue. "I mean, dancing is better than shooting lightning from your fingers. With dancing, you entertain people,--mortals or otherwise. With the lightning stuff you could just... I dunno, scare them away," Alex said, chuckling at herself.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Maple calmed down, but her nerves were still all jittery inside. One wrong thing and poof vaporization. Though Alex didn't seem like that type of kid.
"I guess. Sorry." Maple apologized for her nervousness. She giggled at the half-joke about lightning. "I think lightning is like a form of really fast dance. Like a brilliantly hot and bright Perron running and jumping and sticking their arms and legs in every direction. Hey! I could do that for cabin one if Mr. D approves." Maple did a quick imitation of her take on lightning, limbs flying. She collapsed into giggles partway through a jump and sat down.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Alex was relieved that Maple calmed down. She watched in awe as Maple did her lightning dance. Man, this girl was a creative dancer. Alex's only regret was that she didn't get the chance to capture the moment on camera. "Mr. D better approve. I need to get a shot of that move," Alex said, half-raising her camera. She sat down in front of Maple. "I really hope the idea gets considered."
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:57 am

"Me too" Maple smiled. "I'll go ask him now!" She adjusted her pack and waved goodbye. She then took off running, not wanting to linger in dark non-path areas too long. When she got to the path, she waved again.

Last edited by GreenPaint on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 am

Alex slightly laughed at how excited Maple seemed. When she just seemed to be a small outline in the distance, Alex waved back at her.

"Again, good luck!" she yelled, hoping that she could still be heard. Smiling, she got up and brushed some dirt off her outfit. Alex looked into the depths of the forest for a while. Huh, it kinda looked dangerous from this point of view. Shrugging the thought off, Alex turned to leave the clearing as her stomach started to grumble. Chuckling to herself, Alex walked down the path out of the forest to look for something to eat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing (Open)   Dancing       (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing (Open)
Page 1 of 1