Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Anxiety disorder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

Anxiety disorder Empty
PostSubject: Anxiety disorder   Anxiety disorder I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:05 am

Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a pattern of frequent, constant worry and anxiety over many different activities and events.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors
Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a common condition. Genes may play a role. Stress may also contribute to the development of GAD.

Anyone can develop this disorder, even kids. Most people with the disorder report that they have been anxious for as long as they can remember. GAD occurs somewhat more often in women than in men.

Symptoms
The main symptom is the almost constant presence of worry or tension, even when there is little or no cause. Worries seem to float from one problem to another, such as family or relationship problems, work issues, money, health, and other problems.

Even when aware that their worries or fears are stronger than needed, a person with GAD still has difficulty controlling them.

Other symptoms include:

•Difficulty concentrating

•Fatigue

•Irritability

•Problems falling or staying asleep, and sleep that is often restless and unsatisfying

•Restlessness, and often becoming startled very easily

I think I have it. No, I don't think. I know I do. I don't want it. Who wants a disorder?! No-one. I have all these symptoms. I can't go out - even with my mates - without getting panicky and nervous. I've felt like this for about a year now and I have bottled it up. Until now. Shall I tell you want made me tell my Mum? THE SNOW! I'm stuck up here, in the Welsh valleys without being able to get back out to the city, to my HOME. I know that im with family and I will only have to stay up here another night but I cant. I cant breath. I cant swallow. My hands are shaking. I need to distract myself so Im on here but its not really helping.

I don't know whether I should tell a Doctor. My mum is getting mke a doctors apointment for the week but I just dont want to end up with a disorder. I want to be normal and I have always known that there was something worng with me. Thats why, unless its in school, I prefere socialization over internet like websites such as this. I get anxious when I just go into the city with my friends. It's not as if I'm new to the city. I've lived here all my life and I know it like the back of my hand. I know where to go and not to go. It's not that I get worried walking in if I want to save a few pounds for the bus as the journey will only take ten minutes to get to the heart of the city. I just need help. Should I open up to a Doctor? Should I tell my friends?
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

Anxiety disorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety disorder   Anxiety disorder I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:14 pm

.....What.
I understand that nobody wants to say "Oh, by the way, did you know that I have a mild mental disorder?" but asking if you should go see a doctor about it is just being silly.
Yes, you want to be 'normal'. I can understand that. So can everyone else on CHB.

But quite frankly, a 'normal' social life isn't worth anything. A calm state of mind is worth everything. Tell your doctor, tell your friends. If you need to see a psychologist to be rid of GAD, then do so. These people are all here to help you but they can't help you deal with something they don't know about.

If GAD is something you can't rid yourself of, just think about it another way.
People with disabilities such as blindness, arrhythmia or heck, just amputated limbs aren't normal. But are they happy with their lot in life? The answer to this is generally yes.

They've learnt to deal with their disability. Sometimes they just want to be like everyone else, to be 'normal'. But they know they can't so they just deal with it.
And they do it just as well as everyone else does with their life, sometimes even better.

In other words, don't be afraid that having any disorder will affect your life.
Just because there is something 'wrong' with you that doesn't mean you're not normal.
Heck, you could say that having something 'wrong' with you makes you closer to your average person than anyone else you know.

Just don't worry about it, go see a doctor. Tell your friends. The more people there are to help you, the faster you can recover or adapt to it.
Back to top Go down
PoetsLight

PoetsLight

Anxiety disorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety disorder   Anxiety disorder I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Alright be careful to jump to conclusions. You could be going through an Axiety depression, or life just may be very stressful for you, hormones, or even you could have the disorder. I was having terrible mood swings from good to bad and it would happen frequently. Of cource i jumped to the conclusion that i was bipolar because it runs in my family. Iv'e started to get some help and things seemed to get alot better and i havent had any more mood swings. But you never know.
If you really want help and if this is really bothering you, you should ask your parents to go get some help or even talk to them. But you should deffinatly tell your BEST FRIENDS AND PARENTS so that you have somone to talk to. And having a mental disorder is never a weakness or a put down. But living with Anxiety can change, if you go get help.
(Btw you dont have to get tested, its up to you and your parents. And if you are diagnosed you would be the only one to know unless you tell somone.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anxiety disorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety disorder   Anxiety disorder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anxiety disorder
Page 1 of 1