Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) Empty
PostSubject: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 am

Heathens.

They were all heathens.

Marius strode angrily through the forest, undergrowth grasping greedily at his legs. Three weeks he'd been here, and the commoners had done nothing to change his opinion that they were little more than filth. The boys were rude, the girls unpleasant and as for table manners! Well, it didn't bear thinking about. Grandfather would've had an apoplexy mere minutes after stepping onto the grounds.

He'd come armed to the Forest. He went everywhere armed these days. You never knew when the barbarous working class might attack, and as the lone aristocrat he was an obvious target. The forest, while infested with monsters, was still more peaceful than the camp. The monsters out here at least had a certain honesty of purpose, which is more than could be said of their human counterparts within the camp itself.

There was also the added bonus that you were allowed to kill these monsters.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 am

Caleb didn't do anything much these days. He just aimlessly explores, which is quite unlike him. Without plans, Caleb had no purpose. And without a purpose, Caleb was just plain irritated. Well, he was always irritated, but today he was even more so. That was why Caleb chose to enter the forest. He assumed there would be less kids in here, and so less people to deal with. Just the sight of the other campers annoyed him.

So absorbed in his thoughts, Caleb didn't realize that there was a pale boy nearby. He bumped into the boy's shoulder, and took a step back. Caleb felt a pang of irritation at the presence of another camper. Was luck against him today? A closer look at the boy told him that he was also in a sour mood.

"Sorry," Caleb muttered, but his tone indicated that he wasn't the least bit sorry. "You should have watched your step though," Caleb couldn't help but add. Well, it was his father's fault for being the god of blame and criticism. It was Momus's fault for passing on those negative characteristics to him, Caleb thought. He looked the boy in the eye, as if daring him to respond.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:57 am

Felix awoke to at the sound of voices below the tree in which he was sleeping. This miffed slightly, as he had been in the middle of a particularly... pleasant dream about Logan. He hooked his knees over a branch and let himself hang upside down. "And what's got you two so sour, hmm?" The faint Irish lilt in his voice, which normally gave all he said a genial quality, did nothing to mask his frustration.
Back to top Go down
Thresh

Thresh

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 am

Jesse was hunting in the woods to stay in shape and who knows maybe aquire some new trophies. He stumbuled upon a group of three, argueing in the middle of the woods. "Hey there whats wrong with all of you, your makeing alot of noise in a forest full of monsters." Jesse said. He could tell the others were agitated already and with so much noise they were makeing a monster or two was bound to hear them. "Well another battle another, well actuall another near death incident." Jesse whisperd to himself as he walked up to them.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 am

Perhaps he had let his anger get the better of him, for in his rage he hadn't noticed the bumbling commoner until he smacked straight into him.

A brief flare of satisfaction at the boy's apology was quickly stifled at his next comment.

"Excuse me?!"

Had this boy, this uncouth rogue, really dared to blame him, Marius Alphonse Cavello the III, for their collision? The impertinence of the chap was astonishing. (Well, actually it was hardly astonishing any more. The rudeness of the campers was something he was becoming reluctantly used to.)

Marius sneered, looking down his nose at him.

"Commoners like you do not talk to the lik-"

Marius's tirade was brought to a halt by two unexpected arrivals, one dropping from the trees and one tramping up out of nowhere. He glared sourly at them. He left the camp to get away from these pests, and yet they followed him like a bad case of malaria.

"Perhaps I am sour because I am being constantly interrupted by ill-mannered vagabonds asking impertinent questions! And as for why we are making so much noise, it's because this... thing," Marius gestured to the boy who'd bumped into him. "Didn't look where he was going and smashed right into me!"

Marius was breathing heavily now.

Filthy, filthy heathens.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 am

Caleb pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, seriously getting pissed now. "Who died and made you king?" he said sarcastically, glaring into the boy's eyes. It was not that easy, seeing that the boy was slightly taller than he was. "A thing, did you say? Are you blind? Perhaps you didn't notice that I'm also a human. Figures, since you don't seem to be exactly human yourself," Caleb said. He knew that it was low for him to drop to that level, but he can't help it. He was just. So. Angry.

He could tell that all of them there weren't the least bit thrilled. He turned to the newcomer, his eyes narrowed behind his glasses. "Well, since we already attract monsters with our 'noise,' then it would do you some good to stay away now, wouldn't it?" Caleb said, aware of how rude he sounded.

This wasn't going to turn out well.

Last edited by PhoenixSapphire on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:44 am

Felix sneered. "Well, pardon me, Queen Elizabeth. Why don't you just haul your pretty little behind back to whatever bank vault you crawled out of, you primped up pony poon?" Lovely, a rich brat. Felix HATED rich brats. They always ruined parties, forcing people to pay attention to them, acting so superior. "Were that to happen, maybe us decent human being could have a bit of fun for once!" The disgust in the air was palpable.
Back to top Go down
Thresh

Thresh

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 am

"Ok guys we really need to be quiet you are makeing alot of noise, We should move this back to camp befor we are attacked." Jesse said almost panicking. He was confident that he would succed in a fight with most monsters in the woods but the kid with the glasses does not look like he would fare well in a battle. Well then again he said I should leave and hey if the other two come with me and the mosters come, Not my problem.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:05 am

"Your right. I'm not 'exactly human'."

Marius stared at the thing coolly.

"I'm half god."

That was as far as he got however, because the boy from the tree made him freeze and begin to tremble with fury. The Irishman laid insult upon insult, slathering them on as thickly as the icing on a wedding cake. If the others weren't around... well, accidents could always happen in the woods.

Taking a moment to calm himself, Marius replied through tight-lips, his face flushed red.

"I wouldn't expect a commoner such as yourself to understand what it's like to be an aristocrat. The only experience you probably have with money is watching it fall into your begging tin. And as for you lineage, I expect there's something other than god in there. Perhaps dog. You certainly smell like one."

The third member of their trio quavered about monsters in the background, which was irrelevant. Right now Marius would have loved a monster to turn up. It could hardly be worse than the company he was keeping presently.

"I don't have to stand here and be insulted by muck."

Without so much as a goodbye Marius turned sharply on his heels, striding off once more into the tangled forest. He was fuming. Commoners should know their place. The specimens in this camp were barely fit to lick his boots, and in the case of the three he had just met they weren't even fit for that lowly duty.

Marius stopped in a darkened clearing, aware that he'd just stepped in a puddle of something slimy. Bending down he examined it. It almost looked like... spit. With a sinking feeling Marius glanced up at the being who'd darkened the clearing.

A Hellhound.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:17 am

Caleb was at a loss for words, but the boy hanging from the tree pretty much summed up his thoughts. In fact, the insults were rather perfect. Caleb couldn't have hoped for better ones. However, in the midst of the two's conversation, he started to notice something else: a dark shadow creeping up behind the pale aristocrat. He adjusted his glasses and peeked behind the boy, only to see a huge figure looming over them, quite a distance away.

When the pale boy in front of him turned on his heel and walked to the shadowy figure, Caleb did nothing to stop him. A smirk lit up his features as he watched the boy come face-to-face with a giant monster. A hellhound, straight from the Underworld.

"I don't have any more business here," Caleb said coolly, still smirking. He didn't even want to go. He just stood there and stared at the demigod and the hellhound. He felt a great sense of satisfaction as he watched the scene unfold before his very eyes.

Ah, the sweet smell of revenge.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:28 am

Felix righted himself in the tree and pulled out his pipes. As the chorus of Fairytale of New York wafted across the clearing, vine of ivy curled way from a tree, skunk over to the aristocrat, and pulled the sword from his belt. In one deft movement, the blade was across the clearing, stuck in a tree nearly seventy feet off the ground. "You're so mighty, let's see you kill this thing unarmed!" Felix knew that he himself could do it, but was interested to see if this pretty was all talk or not.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 am

A hand - his hand - grasping wildly for his sword without success. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the vine snaking away, heard the mocking voice calling out its challenge.

The Hellhound let out a deep rumbling growl, and with a shout Marius dived to the side. The Hellhound pulverized the ground he'd been standing on, ripping the earth up in dark clumps. Marius could imagine those heavy claws slicing into him, sending his flesh the same way those clumps of dirt were going.

At least I'm not entirely 'unarmed', he thought grimly. His buckler was slung over his back beneath his coat, though a shield was hardly designed for attack. Scrambling out of his coat, he flung it to one side and tore the shield from it's harness. Marius crouched low, watching as the monster came at him again. A heavy overhead strike crashed into his shield with crippling force, denting the celestial bronze. He barely had time to whip the shield to the side as a sweeping blow from the second paw threatened to separate him from his legs.

Marius backpedalled furiously, but he was too slow. The mammoth head was rammed, snarling, into his shield, crumpling the edges and sending Marius hurtling across the clearing. He smacked against a tree on the far end, his right leg cracking and sending a vicious wave of pain flooding through his body. A quick glance down showed it was lying at an unnatural angle, the foot poking the wrong way.

Fighting the urge to vomit, Marius turned his pale features toward the Hellhound that was thundering toward him. It's piggy eyes were gleaming, two dark pits that promised no mercy. He couldn't believe the commoners were trying to kill him over a matter of a few insulting words.

The beast was almost upon him, and Marius threw himself to the side at the last moment. A fresh surge of pain crawled through his body, but Marius was staring in disbelief at the Hellhound. It's teeth we're jammed tightly around the tree he'd broke his leg on, and it was making a strange whimpering growl.

The moment of disbelief lasted only a moment; then he was swinging his shield in an arc, all his weight behind the celestial bronze disk. With a thud it sliced into the Hellhound's neck and it imploded in a shower of golden dust.

The only signs it'd been there were Marius's injuries and the wreckage of the clearing.

Aware of blood trickling from his temple - he must've got it in his flight across the clearing, he thought numbly - Marius turned slowly to the other boys, his mangled shield held loosely in his left hand.

"Happy now? Got your petty revenge?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:58 am

When the boy on the tree, 'tree boy' as Caleb nicknamed, nicked the pale one's sword, Caleb's smirk turned even wider. With all his bad mood and irritation, it was such a relief to take out his anger without even doing anything. Doing nothing in this situation was enough to pull Caleb out his misery. In fact, watching the whole scene between the hellhound and the pale boy gave him immense satisfaction. Well, he got what he deserved.

Caleb smirked. "It was actually better than I thought it would be," he said with relish, looking around the place. It actually looked like the pale boy had caused the whole destruction with the hellhound gone. "In answer to your question, yes, I am completely overwhelmed with joy," Caleb continued in exaggeration, looking at the blood trickling down the boy's temple. His eyes shifted to the boy's leg, which was twisted in an unnatural angle. "So how do you feel now?" Caleb mocked, imitating the tone of a psychiatrist.
Back to top Go down
Thresh

Thresh

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Jesse had been quiet watching how this kid fought, fast and smart but a stuck up brat. Jesse walked up to the kid "Sit down dude I am pretty sure your leg is broken, however that was a pretty awesome move with your shield, next time though use this" he said handing the kid his sword. It had a buckle over the hilt so that you had to un-button it to draw the sword. "It will be a lot easier slaying a hell hound with a sword, and a lot harder for somebody to take it." He glared back at the boy in the tree, he knew this kid was not very smart, almost risking the life of another demigod just for laughs, he wanted to tear the kid from the tree and see how he fared against a hell hound with only a shield, and no weapons. "One of you need to go get one of the Apollo healers, his leg is broken and I'm afraid even if we carry him it might get worse." He shouted to the two boys still looking at them as if they did nothing wrong.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Felix sneered. "Ehh. I don't think he needs that." A few notes later Marius' sword was bye his side. Felix slid down a few branches, then allowed himself to fall feet first out of the tree. He stuck the landing, gave a mock flourish and smirked slightly. "Point of advice- Your money won't do you any good in here. Living this far off the grid, we're equals- all of us. The inferior ones here are the jerks. So I suggest you be a bit less uppity." he winked, "I wouldn't have let hellhound kill you, bye the way. Murder is below me." He turned and began to walk away, but held up his pipes as inconspicuously as possible. He didn't trust the rich brat, not at all.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:24 am

Caleb turned to see the tree boy's retreating back. So he was not going to let the stuck-up pale boy die? Wait--what was Caleb thinking? Was he seriously considering letting the kid die? Caleb grunted as he scratched the back of his head. He needed to calm down. A lot.

"I second what he said," Caleb said, jerking his head to the direction tree boy went. But he wasn't going to let them know that he only agreed with the first thing the boy said. "If you keep throwing us 'commoners' insults, don't blame us when we... ah, let's say, let these kinds of things happen," he said with the slightest trace of a smirk as he turned to leave.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:59 am

Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) Ca594264

The thing was - predictably - unsympathetic. It was the mark of a savage not to be gracious in the defeat of a foe, and any true gentleman would've at least offered false condolences. It merely served to further prove that the campers were brutes. Not that there had ever been any doubt.

The boy who'd been worrying about monsters - he was probably smug inside after the appearance of that Hellhound - was fussing him over like a mother hen. Probably destined for the serving class with instincts like that.

"I don't need your filthy sword." Marius batted the offered blade away. "I have an exceptional one of my own. Besides, fool, if the sword's buckled in, how am I supposed to draw it quickly if, say, I come across a Hellhound?" Marius sneered. The boy had no brains.

His own sword landed with a clatter at his side, courtesy of Tree-boy. Unfortunately the sword also came with a condescending piece of advice. Which was followed by an equally acerbic comment from Glasses. Marius slumped onto the ground, his hands twisting the cloth of his shirt to distract himself from his leg. Surely his foot shouldn't be facing that way...

Marius glanced up at them, grimacing. "Out here, the inferior ones are the jerks you say? Well you're not going to live your whole life in here, shrimp, and when we leave the Camp you'll still be inferior, while I will be one of the elite. So perhaps you ought to treat me with a little more respect. There is a reason for those commoner comments you know."

A small gasp almost escaped his pale, drawn face, only to be beaten back by Marius's will. He couldn't afford to show weakness to these jackals.

“Innocence, Once Lost, Can Never Be Regained.
Darkness, Once Gazed Upon, Can Never Be Lost.”
― John Milton
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:13 am

Felix turned, and wandered back. "You underestimate me, rich boy. Well, overestimate, really. Fact is [I]I don't really care[I]. That's neither here nor there, though. When I grow older and leave this place, I'll sweep my little Leggos off his feet, bring him with me, and start a bar somewhere all your money can't touch me. Fact is, you don't have a very good chance. None of us do. I simply take comfort in the fact that when the monsters come, and they will, I'll have people at my back who can help me against them. I really doubt that private security firms use clestial bronze." he sat down a few feet away, considering the wounded Ares boy. "I'll probably get an Asclepius or Apollo kid soon. You should talk to Trenton some time. Might learn something from him. Like hw to be rich AND a decent human being."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:23 am

Caleb snorted at the pale boy's speech. He wasn't entirely sure he would believe all that stuff about him being elite. Well, it would explain the attitude, but hey, Caleb wasn't about to believe in something that had no concrete proof. He yawned behind his hand, only half-listening to tree boy. When the tree boy was done speaking, Caleb kicked one of the rocks beneath his feet towards the depths of the forest beyond. He watched the rock disappear in the shadows, before throwing a disgusted look at pale boy.

"And I thought I was the worst thing a fifteen-year-old could hope to be," Caleb remarked, scrutinizing the pale boy. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "I'd rather not waste my time sticking around for this," he said, his eyes shifting towards the pale boy's injured foot. And with that, Caleb turned on his heel and started to leave.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:19 am

The other boys just wouldn't let up, and Tree-boy had the complete wrong end of the - all puns aside - stick. It wasn't just that Marius was rich, though of course that was part of it. Marius had blue blood. He could trace a path of direct descent to the peerage of old, which made him far more important than any commoner with their filthy blood could hope to be. This Trenton fellow, rich though he may be, was still an inferior sort of person.

The thing made another insult, and something inside Marius snapped. Usually the cool tactician, Marius knew acting on this rush of anger was unwise, but the red wave welling up brushed aside any logical thought. He'd pay for it later, but now he needed to strike back. If he could kill a Hellhound with a shield, how hard could scaring some impudent boy be?

Marius plunged the tip of his sword into the ground, using it to lever himself to his feet - or rather, foot. Without saying anything, he launched himself at the thing's retreating back.

The moment he began his rage-fueled charge, Marius knew it was going to go horribly wrong. His broken leg was throbbing worse than before and black specks were dancing wildly through his vision. The injured leg brushed against a tree root and the pain doubled - trebled. A flare of white rushed across his eyes, and he was dimly aware of his sword clattering away as he collapsed to the ground.

A rushing sound filled his ears, and his last thought before he lost consciousness was an obscenity that would've made his brother's ears burn.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 am

The second he turned away, Caleb had the feeling that something was going to go wrong. Sure enough when he whipped around, he saw the pale boy lunging at him. Caleb immediately unsheathed his knife, bringing forth a cackle of electricity as the weapon was unleashed. With rage and fire dancing in his eyes, he held the blade defensively in front of him, ready to strike the pale boy if needed. However, Caleb immediately saw that his weapon was rather unnecessary when the pale boy toppled over, passing out soon after. Caleb glared at him, knife still in hand. He resisted the urge to kick the annoying boy.

"Attacking when your opponent's back is turned. Pathetic," Caleb spat, his eyes gleaming with rage behind his eyeglasses. He turned to the tree boy. "You sure you want someone to heal this?" Caleb asked skeptically while trying to keep his voice steady. His anger was getting ahead of him. He was mad beyond belief. It took him all his willpower not to electrocute the pale boy on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)   Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heathens (Sapph, Turtle and Red)
Page 1 of 1