Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) Empty
PostSubject: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 am

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) Wow11
ELLIOT BECKETT

The lake was always calming. Whether it was from the soft lapping of the water to the fresh breeze. Elliot loved nature. In fact, he loved it so much you'd probably think he was a son of Demeter. (That is, if you didn't carry his guitar around everywhere he went.)

The strap was around his neck as he approached the edge of the water. He played a simple chord progression he had been messing around with as he searched the border of the lake for something interesting.

Then, right there. A few yards away from him. A girl with bright hues in her hair. Purple and pink. Now that's interesting. Elliot slowly walked up to her, careful not to seem like some creeper who had been following her around. She was alone, and he had never seen that head of hair before in his life. Must be a new kid.

When he was a few paces behind her, he started playing. He put on an award winning smile before talking to her, with a tune. "Morning, bubblegum." He started, playing with ease and trying to make things up as he went along. He was next to her. "I don't think I've seen you around before."

"Could you maybe, tell me your name?"

Back to top Go down
http://sam-theham.tumblr.com/
Autumn Cher Dahlin

Autumn Cher Dahlin

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:20 am

Autumn picked up another stone and threw it in the river. The sound of the rock breaking through the water surface didn't answer any of her questions. She just found it weirdly calming in a way she couldn't explain.

She had so many questions. But she didn't want to ask anything. They'd think she was an idiot, a fool. Like what everyone she had ever known had thought about her. She was used to teasing and ragging. It was the part when people said something about her which was true that hurt her.

Why was she here? Why was she the one stuck into that dingy cabin? What was this place?

Chiron had barely said anything. He was too busy worrying about Percy Jackson and his little group of friends. No one had actually told her anything. Why had her mum just dropped her off at this place and left without a goodbye? No one had given her a weapon or any supplies. She had to do everything herself. She was used to that. But seriously, didn't anyone in this place care for hospitality? Or was it only her.

As she was going over her questions, she heard someone behind her. Probably another camper walking by. She tried to fit in with the scenery. She didn't need anyone talking to her at the moment.

"Morning, bubblegum" said an annoyingly cheery voice behind her. Autumn gritted her teeth. Before she knew it, he was next to her. "I don't think I've seen you around before."

Autumn looked up. She glared at the guy in front of her. He was probably eighteen or nineteen. Those typical campers who've been here for a long time and think they can do just about anything.

"Could you maybe, tell me your name?"

Autumn looked at her fingers for a moment before answering. "Phaesporia" said Autumn. It sounded weird, coming from her mouth. No one had asked her that for over a week. Not even Chiron. She was supposed to be annoyed at this guy! But why in the world did she feel some sort of connection with him?

Slipping back into her dark mood, she looked at her feet before turning away.
Back to top Go down
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 am

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) Wow6
ELLIOT BECKETT

The girl's eyes glared at him. Hm. Looks like she went into defense mode. Elliot kept his smile on but reluctantly dropped the tune. She looked much younger than he did. About fifteen at the most. He could be wrong, though.

She answered, and he wondered who would name their kid "Phaesporia." Not that it didn't sound wonderful, but it was a bit hard to swallow. He kept one hand on his guitar as he adjusted his glasses. "Wow, what a name." He said, his voice sounding deeper now that he wasn't singing. She had started to turn away, but he insisted, softly touching her arm and stepping in front of her. He flashed another bright smile. "But d'you mind if I stuck with bubblegum? Seems to suit you."

Standing in front of her, he introduced himself. "Hey. I'm Elliot." He studied her as she did this, wondering why she had glared at him. Not that he hadn't met an anti-social camper before. They all broke out of their shells. Well, eventually. "Resident at the Apollo cabin, also known as that idiot who carries his guitar around wherever he goes, at your service." He gave her a little bow and then stuck his hand out for her. "Pleasure to meet you, m'lady."

Back to top Go down
Autumn Cher Dahlin

Autumn Cher Dahlin

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 am

The guy seemed to go a little softer. Good, that's who she was. Autumn Holly Phaesporia isn't some riff-raff kid who is taken for granted. You get intimidated by her and you let her be.

Almost at once, Autumn was disgusted by herself. Was that how she really felt? It didn't seem right, being rude to this guy. Not because he was older...because of something else. Autumn felt his hand on her shoulder as she turned away. Her body defense mode went on. "Wow, what a name." he said as she turned to face him. Her face wasn't in her permanent glare, though. "But d'you mind if I stuck with bubblegum? Seems to suit you."

"No, you canno-" before Autumn could finish her sentence, he began speaking. "Hey. I'm Elliot."

Autumn felt a bit uncomfortable as he looked at her. She wasn't used to this.

"Resident at the Apollo cabin, also known as that idiot who carries his guitar around wherever he goes, at your service."

She really couldn't feel but a tiny bit amused as he bowed. No one really did that to her. Not even her mum.

"Pleasure to meet you, m'lady."

Autumn almost smiled. "Bubblegum? No. Actually, fine. As long as no one else hears you say that. Though my real name is Autumn - no one has called me that since I was five. Not very nice to meet you, Elliot. I suppose you'll have to do"

Autumn slipped back into defense mode again. What was wrong with her? She had actually told him her real name! A complete stranger! She'd have to be more careful next time. There wasn't much she could do to rectify her mistake at the moment. She'd just have to bear with Elliot and wait for him to go. And she'll show him just who she was
Back to top Go down
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:47 am

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) Wow10
ELLIOT BECKETT

Elliot smiled as the girl talked. Phase one was complete. A conversation was usually all he needed to make friends with someone. Who could resist his natural charm? No one, that's who. He kept his eyes locked on the girls, thinking maybe that would convince her to lower her defenses. Keeping the smile on his face for that oh so important air of cheerfulness, he answer her.

"Autumn is quite a lovely name." He commented, images of bright and crunchy leaves immediately popping into his head. Memories of jumping into piles with his dog and step father came back, and made him smile wider. "It's a shame that no one uses it. Would you mind if I did?" He asked politely, making sure to keep his tone gentlemanly. "It'd be a shame for such a name to go to waste."

But his goofiness was back within seconds. "Unless, of course, you'd prefer the nickname Bubblegum, which I personally think is adorable and very fitting for a young lady such as yourself." No sarcasm intended, though he did catch on that this girl wasn't really one of the more outgoing ones in the basket. The shy ones were always tough to crack, yes, but the ones who were openly hostile? They took patience, time and a whole lot of charm.

Could music be the key to her heart? He could try again. Deciding to move past the introductory stage, he spun his guitar around on his strap playfully and then grabbed it, ready to play. "Could m'lady be, perhaps, interested in a song? A simple serenade to bring more cheer to an already beautiful day?" He smiled, his fingers already forming a chord and his right hand poised to start strumming.

"Maybe, a soothing ballad? Or a jolting rock song? A sappy pop song? I've got quite the music arsenal." Elliot gave a bright bright smile that might have just slipped into desperate for a second, but only a second. The girl seemed like someone who could use a friend. He wouldn't give up until she let him befriend her.

Note: Oh my god I don't even know what this is. My inner!elliot voice is going crazy wanting to be friends with you I am sorry gurl. Also he's being extremely formal due to the fact that she's being all stiff and stuff yeah.
Back to top Go down
Autumn Cher Dahlin

Autumn Cher Dahlin

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Autumn began to become a tiny bit nervous under his stare. What was this guy trying to do?

"Autumn is quite a lovely name." he said. Autumn cringed. She didn't need anyone saying that to her. "It's a shame that no one uses it. Would you mind if I did?" Autumn's mind was going ''No! No! No!" but Elliot was already going forward. It'd be a shame for such a name to go to waste."

Autumn glared at him again. Why was she here? She'd just mumble something and leave. "Unless, of course, you'd prefer the nickname Bubblegum, which I personally think is adorable and very fitting for a young lady such as yourself. Autumn sighed. Elliot wasn't easy, was he? Was he trying to flirt or something? Because that would be totally weird to her. Autumn didn't know anything about flirting.

She stepped back as Elliot whirled around and held his guitar. Okay, this was getting creepy. "Could m'lady be, perhaps, interested in a song? A simple serenade to bring more cheer to an already beautiful day?"

"Oh, sure. Song from a stranger. Why not?" said Autumn. She needed to get out of here. She didn't want to be 'friends' with him and then get talking to him for the rest of her life. She needed her mum! Not some goofy guy who thinks he can cheer anyone up. She decided to make a run for it.

"Maybe, a soothing ballad? Or a jolting rock song? A sappy pop song? I've got quite the music arsenal."

Autumn began to run. She didn't know anything about this place. "Um, yeah, later!" she called out behind her back as she made her way towards the cabins. Hopefully, everyone would be at practice and she'd be able to get some piece of quiet to herself...not random guys with curly hair and guitars.
Back to top Go down
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:47 am

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) Wow16
ELLIOT BECKETT

The girl was really making an effort to push him away, but it didn't matter. Elliot never went down without a fight. A small rush of hope went through hime when she had agreed, but it didn't last long. The sarcasm was evident, and her irritation was put on the forefront when she walked off.

His relfexes kicked in and he ran after her, letting his guitar hang over his neck like a should bag. He made a few big steps and put himself in front of the girl, blocking her path. Elliot gently put his hand on her shoulders, as if telling her to stay here. To hear him out. Before she had the time to react, he started talkng.

"Look." He said, trying to sound resonable. Maybe if he dropped the joking tone, she'd take him a little more seriously. "Looks like we got off on the wrong foot." Somewhere inside him, he was scared his brain to mouth filter would short circuit and he'd mess this up, but he kept going. "Sorry if I seemed overbearing, but the new kids usually love being approached openly like that. Guess you're different." He took a deep breathe and smiled again, "So let's start over." Standing a good foot and a half away from her, he held out his hand. "Hi. My name's Elliot. And you are?"

Back to top Go down
Autumn Cher Dahlin

Autumn Cher Dahlin

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 am

Autumn took a deep breath as she heard footsteps behind her. Okay, maybe she was acting like a...she didn't know what. Probably something which would result in a beep. But it didn't matter. She didn't need anyone! She was going to run away from camp, find her mum and then do what she wanted to. Chiron hadn't explained why she had come here...so he would have to face the consequences if a child went missing.

She pulled into an abrupt stop as Elliot appeared in front of her. He put his hand on her shoulder. That was the last straw! Autumn was going to really murder him in his bed if he did anything else. Then he stepped away and started speaking.

As she heard him out, Autumn calmed down. Okay, maybe he wasn't a lunatic. It didn't mean she liked him...but at least she felt a little safe. Not like monkey's were out to get her. He smiled again. "So let's start over." He held out his hand. Autumn decided to go with it for now. With the huge number of kids in this camp, he wouldn't be able to find her again. "Hi. My name's Elliot. And you are?"

Autumn put on what seemed like the closest she came to a smile when she met new people. "I'm Autumn - though people call me Phaesporia." She didn't shake his hand. It felt too awkward. She hadn't ever held anyone's hand in her life. Except her mum. And she wasn't going to break that by shaking her hand with Mister Cheerful.

Note - I might not be able to post that frequently since I have exams for a week and a half...I'll try my best! :D
Back to top Go down
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:14 am

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) Wow12
ELLIOT BECKETT

A little defeated, he put his unshaken hand down slowly, but Elliot was never ont to dwell on what didn't go right. He smiled she introduced herself again, this time sounding a lot more properly ."Enchanté." He said when she finished, flashing her one of his widest and brightest smiles. He didn't bow this time, trying to opt for the normal-boy-with-a-strange-passion-for-music approach. (Which, considering how he had acted earlier, probably wasn't going to work. But he should get points for trying.)

"So, Autumn, how about we just talk?" Elliot asked, his tone curious and genuine. He gestured for them to start walking back to the edge of the water, where they had started. "Basic information first, if you don't mind. You tell me and I tell you. Give and take." Elliot smiled at her and then thought of something, "If you don't want to answer the question, hold up two fingers, like this," He held up his hand, with only his index finger and middle finger sticking out. "And then I'll ask you another question."

"That okay with you?" Elliot tried to as not intimidating as possible. "Oh, and you can't just avoid answering all the questions." He smiled, thinking that she'd probably try that if he didn't specify.

"Okay, so let's start." He clapped his hands once. "What cabin are you from?"

note: OMG THIS TOOK SO LONG I'M SORRY. you're not the only one with exams sdjkhasd and i have papers and all that and so much to do and it all just slipped my mind i'm sorry i promise to post more i'm so sorry.

Back to top Go down
Autumn Cher Dahlin

Autumn Cher Dahlin

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:42 am

Autumn pressed her lips tightly. She hoped that he wouldn't take this any further. Hopefully he'd say something like "Oh, I need to go for donkey riding practice!" and then would run away. Who enjoyed talking to her anyway? Her social points weren't exactly plus hundred.

"So, Autumn, how about we just talk?"

She took a deep breath. Okay, just play with it - for now. He gestured towards the water and her ego gave in. She started walking.

"Basic information first, if you don't mind. You tell me and I tell you. Give and take." Autumn did not like the sound of it. It sounded creepy. Gosh, deals did. "If you don't want to answer the question, hold up two fingers, like this," Okay, that was easy. She'd just tell him that she didn't want to answer a question. He hadn't specified that! She suddenly became aware of the fact that she hadn't said a word. She'd probably have her say in after this was over.

"That okay with you?"

"Um yeah, okay -"

Autumn's mumbling was cut off. "Oh, and you can't just avoid answering all the questions."
She took a sharp intake of breath. Okay, so maybe he was clever enough to specify that. She gave him that. But honestly, that smile was annoying! Not annoying annoying but just irritating. The fact that she wasn't able to smile like that made her feel really irritated. She wasn't jealous, was she? Realising that she had been silent for over ten minutes, Autumn looked at Elliot and started speaking. "Okay, sure. But even I have some rules - you can't ask anything too personal, okay?"

"Okay, so let's start." Autumn cringed. She needed to speak louder. Like, seriously. What was it with her and mumbling? "What cabin are you from?"

"What?" said Autumn. She felt stupid the second after she had said that. Of course, the cabins! Everyone belonged to a cabin? Oh right, she suddenly remembered the whole point of coming her. Something to do with the Gods. No one had explained it thoroughly, though. She looked at Elliot. "Um, the one with loads of kids. The dingy one." Autumn bit her nails. She wondered if she could ask him about the cabins. Or the whole point of coming here. Without coming off as dumb. "So , uh, which cabin are you in? And why?" Oh, great. She was officially Miss Desperate.

Note : Like eeep, I need to be more active! I swear I'll get back into the swing <3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)   Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunshine and bubblegum (Autumn ♥)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: