Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Story I've Been Throwing Around

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Banana
Banana

A Story I've Been Throwing Around Empty
PostSubject: A Story I've Been Throwing Around   A Story I've Been Throwing Around I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:02 am

Original story is located here, but I'd just like to share it...
So here we go!

Heaven's Flame

PROLOGUE

I sat in my usual seat, much awaiting the end of class like the next kid. But unlike most, I don't feel the expectations most of my class does. No bright afternoon to look forward to, no experiences bound to happen.

No, what I felt was an unnerving sense of dread.

My clammy hands involuntarily clenched themselves under the table of Biology class. Nervously, I take a glimpse outside. No, nothing was there. Yet. Another look to the wall clock behind the room, and it says fifteen minutes to three o'clock, fifteen minutes until I faced whatever was out there. Lively chattering reached my ears as time progressed. It's funny how it runs fast when you don't want it too, and crawls when you anticipate something. I don't know how it runs in my case, I was neither looking forward to coming out of school, neither do I not want to face it.

To past his time, Caden sat casually besides me and drums his fingers on the cold cement table. I wondered how he could be so calm, collective and composed even when something so drastic could somehow be ensue. I stared at the movement, like it were something I couldn't do out of pure will power. I was too emotional to make any physical works for now, too scared, too nervous, too anxious. As if reading my mind, he catches my eyes and gives me a cocky grin. Knowing it took a lot for him to reassure me, I try to return the smile. Only, I couldn't pull it off as cocky, nor did it look relieve. I think I have him a small sad smile, but I couldn't remember after giving it.

Five more minutes until the bell will ring, a crash of lab equipment erupts from the back of the class. Ears threatening to pop, I didn't dare look at the source like the rest of my classmates did. The hair on the back of my neck prickled and the uneasy feeling erupted from the bottom of my gut when I thought about the worst case scenario. My head someplace else, I was surprised when down the isle, Irene walked, silent tears forming out of her eyes, and a busily cooing Kayla was beside her. My eyes trained on them, I could see red crimson liquid fell to the white tile floor. Blood. Half ridden with nausea and half on the edge of extreme paranoia, I didn't try to look in class anymore, but rather, out the window, with my thoughts, all jumbled and messed up, I drift silently to the probabilities. Different scenes poured from the corners of my head, some images I didn't know I could muster. It was like a messed up and surreal dream. But instead of finding myself asleep, it's my own personal hell of reality.

Caden taps my shoulder twice, like how he would when he didn't want to speak out to me directly. Attention brought back down to earth, I look at him as he taps his wrist. It's time, he mouthed, and pointed a finger to the clock. True enough, we've got half a minute left of biology to endure. I didn't care anymore if Mr. Bruce tries catch my attention, but I didn't take my eyes off the clock.

Ten seconds...

My heartbeat was all I ever hear now, I was sure my heart was trying to tire itself down that its pumping is hurting my chest now. You could feel the tension in the air and it took all of me to not bring my blade out too early.

One second....

I looked outside, my head whipping so fast my copper locks going into my eyes. Even when one strand pricks my sensitive eyes, I didn't dare brush it off, neither did I blink. Outside, where I expected a mutant monster of sorts should've been, there were none.

None.

Confused, I could hear a distant bell ring out and different voices ring out in chorus. I breathed out a breath I was holding, and I looked at Caden cautiously.

And then, I knew something was off by the way he stiffly sat on his chair. Knowingly I should be on alert as he was on, I looked in front to where his attention is, and felt my blood run cold.

Everyone, yes, I do mean every head in my biology class was staring, cold, hungry brown eyes focused on us. I felt myself pale up, and a shiver ran down my spine, even before they spoke in unison. But when they did, I knew I was dead.

"Your end awaits."
Back to top Go down

A Story I've Been Throwing Around
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Fan Fiction :: Stories-
Jump to: