Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1eyedjuggalo

A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:09 am

Stephen stood at the entrance to the Burial Shroud, scolding himself. He shouldn't have asked her to come, and surely she wouldn't. Sure, she was kind to him last night, but probably only because of the ordeal with the harpy. "Idiot" he said aloud. Nobody wanted to befriend an outcast like him.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 am

Taylor hadn't actually been to the Burial Shroud before. It was a place she tried to avoid. Campers had been laid to rest there, some of them she knew by face or name. So, it wasn't one of Taylor's favorite places. But still, she made a promise to Stephen, and she wasn't one to back down from her promises. She just hoped that Stephen was also the same.

Upon arriving at the Burial Shroud, Taylor heaved a sigh of relief. Stephen stood at the entrance, waiting for her. She quickened her pace as her lips widened into a grin. "Hey!" Taylor called out, waving. "So, why here, of all places? Got too scared of the harpies in camp?" she teased him with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
1eyedjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:41 am

Stephen was torn from his thoughts when he heard Taylor call out. With a smile of relief, he returned her wave. "Yes, I'm now terrified of the beach and the dark" he said, laughing. "Walk with me for a while, and I'll explain why I asked to meet here." He was glad that she actually came, and was true to her word. Not many half bloods he knew here at camp would have. He turned and headed into the grave site, hoping Taylor would follow.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 am

Taylor laughed with him. "Well, I don't think I'm going to the stables anytime soon. It took me five showers to get rid of the horse smell!" she said. Actually, she kinda exaggerated. But it took her more than one shower, nonetheless. She started to walk beside Stephen, trying not to look at the graves. She might see a familiar name and she didn't want that. It was like reliving the memories of that person--and then remember the cause of their death. She didn't want to think about those things.

"So, mystery boy," Taylor said, ignoring the fact that they were in a graveyard, "start talking."
Back to top Go down
1eyedjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Stephen could not understand Taylor. She seemed uncomfortable in this place, yet she was willing to stay to hear him out. He looked about the graves as they walked, and said "I'll try to put this in a way you can understand." He paused, then continued. "Being a child of Khione, when you're out in the cold and the snow and ice, does it, I don't know....make you feel calm, maybe close to your mother in some way?" He knew she probably wouldn't understand why he asked, but he hoped she wouldn't be too mad that he asked something so personal.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:17 am

Taylor could see what Stephen meant. "Yeah, I guess you can say that," she said, remembering the feeling of being surrounded with snow and ice. It just felt like her second home. Though Taylor never actually met Khione, she felt close to her by just staying in the snow. "I think I can see where you're going with this," she told Stephen. "You feel the same way with this place like I do with snow, right?" Taylor was almost sure that she was right; what she was unsure about was why Stephen wanted to make her come here just to say that.
Back to top Go down
1eyedjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 am

Relieved, Stephen nodded. "Yes. I can't pray to my mother in Hera's cabin, so I come here. Spending so much time in a cemetery is just one of the things that makes me seem strange to the other campers. When I first arrived, sure there were a few people who wanted to welcome the new guy, but they all shied away once they got know me. I guess I brought you here to show you that I'm different, even for a half-blood. If you think I'm too weird to hang out with, I get it, but I'd rather find out now, before I start to think I actually have a friend." Well, if the graves didn't make her think him strange, he was sure that insecure little speech would. Gods, sometimes Stephen thought he was a self-saboteur.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:24 am

Taylor chuckled at Stephen's speech. So he was a guy who spent his free time in a cemetery? Taylor didn't really care. After all, she still remembered how they took on a harpy the night before. She doesn't forget stuff like that quickly. "You weirdo," she said, grinning. "You really think you'd get rid of me that easily?"
Back to top Go down
1eyedjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:33 am

Stephens laughter was a mix of relief and good humor. "Guess it didn't work. Maybe I should try harder next time? Stephen looked around at the graves once more. Perhaps it was disrespectful to be having a good time in such a solemn place. He shrugged, looked at Taylor, and said "Wanna get out of here?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:41 am

Taylor breathed a sigh of relief. "Yeah. No offense but I don't really like this place much," she said, starting to walk out of the graveyard. "It just... brings back memories," she added. Her eyes accidentally caught the name on one of the graves, and with a pang, Taylor realized that it was one of her previous cabinmates. "Let's go," she managed to say as she averted her gaze.
Back to top Go down
1eyedjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:47 am

Stephen hurried to catch up with her. "Sorry" he said. Thinking it would be best not to ask her about it, he inquired "Where should we go?" He thought that if only the winter festival were still going on, maybe that would cheer her up, but as far as he knew, it was over.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 am

"Anywhere but the stables," Taylor said firmly. She let out a sigh when she had stepped out of the graveyard. She stood there unmoving for a few moments, just relaxing. Finally, she turned to Stephen. "You have your weapon with you, right? Why don't we relax like regular mortals for a while? Maybe if we're lucky we'd get to meet a few monsters," she snickered at the last part. Taylor was feeling pretty adventurous today.
Back to top Go down
1eyedjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 am

Stephen grinned. "After last night, I'm keeping my dagger strapped to my calf at all times. Some of us have weapons that don't magically conceal themselves. Can't promise I'll like killing monsters though. Anyway, how do mortals relax?" He raised his eyebrows. "Burgers and fries at the local heart attack factory?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:30 am

Taylor laughed. "You're on. You better not die on me. Race ya to the nearest Burger King?" She flexed her legs and got ready to run.

((OOC: Sorry for such a short post. Writer's Block. Anyway, I'll make the thread?))
Back to top Go down
1eyedjuggalo

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 am

Stephen laughed and said You're on" He prepared to run. "Read, set, go!"He took off in the direction of the city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)   A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting Among the Graves (PhoenixSaphire)
Page 1 of 1