Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]

Go down 
+3
moon
Zan
Angel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Empty
PostSubject: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Tumblr_lw2fkxlDln1r0vax7o1_500
Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Artemis

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] 2pqjcz6

The tent was larger than it appeared to be on the outside, and the walls seemed to be sturdier than fabric. But that was the good part about godly powers. Small space on the outside, large space on the inside. It was like an office, small kitchen, and sleeping quarters all in one tent. And the three separate areas seemed to all blend together. There were papers on the bed, food on the desk, and a pillow on the counter. All in all, it wasn't particularly organized. MAps, charts, and other geographical pictures hung from the walls. They charted various things. Monsters, Hunters out on missions, as well as other subjects that Artemis kept to herself. There was what appeared to be a large magnifying glass sitting on the desk, but it appeared that light was glistening from it. When Artemis looked into it, it was a looking glass of sorts. She did, after all, have to keep track of her Hunters.
At her desk Artemis sat, staring down at a map and every now and again glancing into the glass. Her hair was pulled back in a braid, as usual, and she looked as she always did. Prepared. Weapons like swords of all sizes, bows of all lengths, daggers, shields, and spears were leaned against the, what appeared to be solid, walls. Shelves with various medicines, herbs, bandages, and other healing remedies were placed above the weapons in case of emergency. From Artemis' neck hung a golden locket that was a clock on one side and a compass on the other. The compass, however, pointed to danger instead of pointing north. And the clock gave you a countdown as to how long it was before the danger arrived. When nothing was wrong, both stayed frozen.
Artemis flicked open the locket to see that both devices were still. All was safe. For now.

ooc: If you need to visit Artemis, you are free to post here at anytime!

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Tumblr_lu2h7os3oN1qbabvao1_500

m a y s i e ● a n n e ● w a l k e r
daugther of athena; goddess of goddess of wisdom & battle strategy.

Maysie, the newly joined Hunter, daughter of Athena, enters the tent. She walks with a purpose, her head held high and with swagger. "Lady Artemis," Maysie states, stopping a little past the entrance to the tent. "Lady Artemis, I need to speak with you." She says to the goddess, "it's about the group I'm to join. I'm not good at hunting, or being a warrior, or gathering. I'm intellectual, and intelligent. That's it. I can't do anything else. I graduated high school at fifteen and was accepted into Caltech," a tear falls from Maysie's eye and rolls down her cheek. It pains her to cry in front of a goddess so she will hers tears to go away and looks up at the ceiling hoping they'll go back into her eyes. It doesn't work.
        As much as Maysie pretends to hate people and kids her own age, she longs to fit in. She only wants to fit in with the other girls and doesn't know how to do so. While other girls would rather talk about magazines, nail polish, and make up, Maysie would rather talk about current events, schools, and physics.
        Maysie looks away from Lady Artemis in shame. "I don't know how to do anything else other than be a geek..." she whispers sadly. [/color]

((Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=41236191 ))

Last edited by schnops. on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Tumblr_lw2fkxlDln1r0vax7o1_500

Artemis lifted her head from what she was working on when Maysie entered. She listened intently, rising to her feet when the girl was finished. She walked towards the Hunter and placed her hands on her shoulders. "Maysie, did you know that the biggest part of being a Warrior is not actually dealing with weapons. It's battle strategy. You are a daughter of Athena, the goddess of not only wisdom, but warfare and battle strategy. You may not know it yet, but you are a natural strategist. You have buckets and buckets of sense and reason in that big brain of yours. You are a Warrior Maysie. The best potential of a Warrior if I ever saw one," Artemis paused and turned to her stack of books. She glanced through the stack until she saw the book she was looking for. It was a thick book with a leather bound cover. On the spine was the title.

"Monsters through the Ages:
The Recorded Account of Every Monster Known to the Demigod World."
The goddess opened the pages, flipping though the parchment briefly before she closed it gently and held it out to the new Huntress. "This is a book with all the information about every type of monster you can possibly imagine. One of the biggest challenges that we face are these monsters. But not only their breeds, but famous ones that are more powerful than the rest. This books is an account of all the information gathered on every monster and its famous members. You are a wonderfully smart girl, Maysie. If you keep this knowledge in your brain, you will know all there is to know about these monsters, and that could very well save someone's life. Take the book, Maysie. You are a Warrior. Your weapon of choice is your intelligent mind,"

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Tumblr_lu2h7os3oN1qbabvao1_500

m a y s i e ● a n n e ● w a l k e r
daugther of athena; goddess of goddess of wisdom & battle strategy.

Maysie's eyes widened in shock. She would not be sleeping tonight. Maysie takes the book from Artemis, gently, and flips through the pages. It's written in ancient Greek but, that makes it easier to read. Maysie vowed to commit the book to memory, which, again, was quite easy to do with a photographic memory.
        Maysie couldn't speak for a moment. "Thank you, Lady Artemis," Maysie wondered if she should bow or salute. So she awkwardly bent over and bowed and then stood pin-straight and saluted the goddess. "I'm going to go back to my tent and pour over this..." she mumbled, still in shock about what the goddess had said to her.
        Maysie bowed and saluted again and left the tent, practically running to read the book.

((Our Hunters should roleplay. :p When you get time, of course.))
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Personc
CASSIDY~JO~MILLER
Hunter of Artemis
I don't know what I want, sodon't ask me
Cause I'm still trying tofigure it out
Don't know what's down this road, just walking
Trying to see through the rain coming down
Even though I'm not the only one
Who feels the way I do...

Cassidy bit her lip, standing outside of Artemis' tent. She noted that the goddess was talking to someone else, and didn't want to be a bother. Cassidy was lost, to say the least. She didn't know which of the groups she belonged in, or even what they were. She just wanted to be accepted into one of them. Cassidy looked down at her new Hunter's uniform. She liked the camoflage and the boots, they felt right, if that was possible. Cassidy's hair was in a braid, like several other hunters. She never dared to attempt to braid her hair before, it seemed pointless. Now she liked it, her hair wasn't always in her face. Cassidy noticed the voices had stopped and the girl rushed out of the tent, with a book. She looked pleased with herself, like she was doing the best thing in the world. Cassidy took a breath and stepped into the goddess' tent.

She was shocked to see how big the tent really was, but paid little attention to that. Cassidy was here for a reason, which wasn't to stare at Artemis' tent."My lady? I just have a question about the groupings. You see, I don't know which I belong in." she said looking at her feet."I've never really known where I belong... I- I just want to belong..." Cassidy said softly, a small tear slipping off her face. She quickly wiped the tear away, and resumed her tall posture, even if she didn't feel proud at the moment.
[size=10]I'm alone, on myown, and that's all I know
I'll bestrong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl, trying to find
A place in this world.
Back to top Go down
Effie

Effie

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] 1978318_1315708068061.0res_320_400

Willow|Healer of the Hunt|Emerson

I waited in the opening of Artemis' Tent patiently. A girl walked to Artemis and asked about groups. I took a deep breath. I always got nervous when Artemis was around. Not that she mad me uncomfortable. Of course she didn't. I just wanted to impress her. Her opinion was so important to me. I rocked back and forth on my feet.

(( http://www.polyvore.com/willow/set?id=41629844&lid=1316432 ))
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Artemis now turned to the young girl who walked into her tent. She had dark hair and Artemis recognized her as Cassidy, one of the girl she recruited at Camp Half-Blood. When she began to emotionally break down, Artemis rose to her feet. She examined the wall, looking at her various numbers of weapons before she pulled a long bow out of the back of the bow pile. It was quite tall and looked like it would need a strong pair of arms to wield it. She then grabbed a quiver of ten arrows. The wood of the bow, quiver and arrows all matched and was painted silver and white. It shone and sparkled in light. Each arrow had a blood red feather tied behind the arrow head. Artemis walked towards the girl and handed her the weapon. "This bow belonged to one of my Hunters hundreds of years ago. Her name was Helen and she was, like you, a daughter of Ares. It requires a strong arm to use this bow. But that's part of your heritage. Your father, though a bit unorthodox, is strong a mighty. And so are his children. This bow will take some training and getting used to. But it is the perfect weapon for a Warrior. And that is exactly what you are. So perk up and start your training," the goddess said, offering a smile.

Artemis then turned to the other Huntress that entered her tent. She seemed nervous or hesitant to be here. Artemis frowned and made her way back to her desk. "Do you need anything Willow?" Artemis asked. IT was a gift of hers to remember her Huntress's names so easily, though she didn't always know how she was able to recall them so quickly.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:43 pm

CASSIDY~JO~MILLER
Cassidy's eyes widened as the goddess rose and offered her a bow. She swore her breathing stopped, she was speechless. Cassidy listened to Artemis as best she could, but it was hard to concentrate. She nodded, and gripped the wood of the bow. " T-thank you my lady." Cassidy said, stuttering a bit. She shook her head and regained her smile. " I promise I won't disappoint you!" the huntress promised. Cassidy slung the quiver over her shoulder and gripped the bow. The wooden bow felt perfect for her grip, but she would test it later. She waved to Artemis, and the other hunter. Cassidy then walked out of her lady's tent, heading to the Archery Ring.
Back to top Go down
Effie

Effie

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 pm

I jumped at the sound of my name. I blushed slightly and stepped forward. I took a deep breath and looked up at Lady Artemis. "Yes, my lady." I said slowly. "I have a... suggestion." I said, choosing my words carefully. "I was thinking and maybe there should be a leader or representative for each group. One for the healers, the gatherers, and the warriors. We could have an election everything." I said quietly but loud enough so that Artemis could hear me. "What do you think?" I added. I truly hoped Artemis would consider my idea. She was lucky she always had the right thing to say. I, on the other hand, felt as if the words I chose were never quite fitting. I stepped back a bit and waited for her reply.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:48 pm

ooc: We actually are going to have one. xD We were just waiting for a few more Huntresses in groups like Healers and Gatherers, because right now 90% of the Huntresses are Warriors. So I'll actually post a roleplay reply to this when it's time for us to begin the elections and things.
Back to top Go down
Effie

Effie

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 pm

ooc: ok! xD i had no idea! sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Eliana stepped into the tent slightly hesitantly. She was nervous, very nervous. She'd been drawing back her bow and the wooden part snapped in two. She'd broken her bow! That bow had been with Eliana for over a millennia. All her attempts to fix it had failed. "Sorry to bother you my lady." she said respectfully. "I have a..." She paused. Eliana had been planning on saying disaster, but that would be dramatic. "A problem." she finished uncertainly. Shame clearly etched on her face Eliana held out her now broken bow. "I was pulling it back like any other time and it snapped in half!" She bit down on her lip before she could start rambling.

OOC: Are we going to have the elections for Group Leaders soon? Or do we still need more people in the Healer and Gatherer groups?
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:09 am

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] Maddie11
~[M A D D I E J U N E]~
~[8]~
~[D A U G H T E R O F T Y C H E]~
~[T H E g i r l
W H O was N E V E R
a T R U E child]~

Spoiler:

"You´re better then the best...
I´m lucky just to linger in your light...
Cooler than the flip side of my pillow that´s right...
Completely unaware...
Nothing can compare to where you send me...
Lets me know that it´s ok...
Yeah it´s ok...
And the moments when my good times start to fade...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

It was what I wanted.

People wanted to think I was just a little girl. No more. I would not be some overly mature eight year old. I would be a Hunter. A Hunter.

I stopped just outside the tent. I had heard a voice, and I didn't want to bother them. I sighed, and rubbed my head, my thin hair falling right through my fingers.

When there was a puse from the talking, I took a deep breath. I had a hard look on my face, and I hoped the Lady wouldn't get angry. "Lady Artemis," I said loudly, but not too loudly, as to upset someone. "I require speech with you when you are able."

~~~~~
~~~~~

You make me smile like the sun...
Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...
Crazy on a Sunday night...

You make me dance like a fool...
Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Just the thought of you can drive me wild...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:36 am

I stood perched at the door, watching the hunters. As some of them passed me, they must have figured out I was a outsider, because they gave me a weird look. I took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. I thought of the advice that Oliver had given me, so long ago. "When you're talking to a goddess, always stay calm. Watch what your saying carefully. Be respectful." Oliver. I missed him. And camp. But that would all change. I clenched my hands into balls, and walked into the tent. There was another girl there, a little younger than I was.I smiled at her. She too wanted to speak to Artemis. I took a shaky breath. "Lady Artemis." I said, my head bowed respectfully. "I wish to ask a favor." No, no no. That had sounded strange, ungrateful. I was probably lucky if she didn't turn me into a toad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]   Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Artemis [o p e n--To Hunters that need to visit Artemis]
Page 1 of 1