Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]

Go down 
+3
Effie
selene
Angel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] Empty
PostSubject: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] Tumblr_lw286aL3vo1r0wbtwo1_500
Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] Tumblr_lv3bclsjEd1qbm4md
Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] Artemis

Artemis pulled an arrow out of her quiver and examined it closely. She could see a splinter on the side and she frowned. With even the slightest change to these arrows, their trajectory would be off. She set the arrow on the stand beside her and pulled out another. This arrow seemed perfectly fine after a thorough examination. Her bow and arrows were made of lightly colored wood with engravings traveling up the sides. The wood was stained a deep, mahogany brown so it glistened in the light. The goddess notched her arrow and focused on her target in front of her. Lines of circular targets, straw dummies, and foam boards were set up for the Hunters to practice with their weapons. Though archery was the main weaponry for the Hunters, draggers and swords were also used and were openly practiced at the Archery Ring. Every now and again, when Artemis would have free time, she would come down to the ring to practice. Yes, even goddesses need to practice every now and again. But it was also a good time to help any of her girls with training for combat as well as to get to know each of them a little bit more.

ooc: This topic is open to any of the Huntresses wishing to train with Artemis. But bear with me, please. If we have tons of people replying, I can't get to all of you at once.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 5:04 pm

joanne walked towards the Archery Ring to see Artemis getting ready to shoot an arrow. Joanne thought she'd surprise the goddess by shooting an arrow at the target. Joanne raised her pure white bow that her mother had sent her from Ireland and notched a white arrow. She centered herself and focused only on the arrow and Artemis. She sidestepped to the right to make sure she didn't hit Artemis. That would be a disaster. The young huntress let go of the arrow as it zinged through the air and pass Artemis. The arrow hit the very center of the target and a smile crept across Joanne's face.

bow:

Last edited by Selene on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Artemis jumped as the arrow whizzed by her head. She spun around, weapon ready and notched. But she lowered it when she saw the source of the arrow. Joanne, one of the new Hunters she had recruited from Camp Half-Blood. She let out a breath and pushed a strand of her hair back behind her ear. "By the gods, Joanne. You scared me half way to Tartarus," Artemis' gaze flickered to the arrow in the center of the target and she gave an approving nod of her head. "Very impressive, assuming that you were intending to hit the target and not the back of my head, that is." Artemis cracked a small grin before she turned and shot an arrow into the next target. It, like Joanne's. lodged itself deep into the center of the wooden, circular target. Artemis then turned to Joanne and gestured to her arrow. "Shoot it. Aim for my arrow," she challenged. The goddess had an excited glint in her eye that always appeared with archery. It was her love through the ages. Men were not needed when one had a bow and a quiver full of arrows.

Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:38 am

A small smile crept across joanne's face as she notched another gleaming white arrow. She focused hard on Artemis' arrow. The power of immortality and all of her strength suddenly filled Joanne and she was confident that she'd make it. She eyed the arrow and let go of her own. The arrow split Artemis' in two and Joanne started giggle and jump and down. She looked at the powerful goddess and controlled herself. She was acting too giddy, like a little girl in Ireland like she once was.

Last edited by Selene on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Artemis grinned and strolled up to the two arrows. It was very difficult to split another arrow. She yanked on the two arrows, one perfectly fine and one split down the middle like a banana, until they were out of the target. She handed Joanne her arrow back and examined hers. "Looks like I'm going to need a new arrow," Artemis looked up and smiled. She tossed the arrow to the ground before she spoke again. "It's very difficult to split an arrow. You have to hit it right in the middle, otherwise it just grazes right off. You're part of the Warriors group, I assume?" she inquired.

Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:41 pm

joanne looked at her arrow. It seemed to be unscratched or anything. She placed it back into her quiver and smiled at the goddess. She was just like a friend, and she seemed to act just like a girl her age. Except for the fact that she acted way more mature. Joanne was thinking about this subject so much, that she forgot Artemis' question. She shook her head and looked at the goddess. "Yes, I am in the Warrior's group. I think it is the group that fits me best," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Effie

Effie

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:18 pm

I walked on the leaf-covered grass slowly. The leaves crunched under my feet. I held my bow in one hand and an arrow in the other. A pack of arrows was slung around my back. I watched as Artemis taught one of the hunters. I believed her name was Joanne. I was skilled at archery but, I could use some practice. Artemis gave such sincere advice. Admiration for her could be seen on my face. I listened to the advice Artemis gave Joanne. I silently awaited my turn with Artemis.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] Tumblr_lu2h7os3oN1qbabvao1_500

m a y s i e ● a n n e ● w a l k e r
daugther of athena; goddess of wisdom & battle strategy.

Maysie sat on the sidelines of course taking notes on the girl who had just split an arrow down the middle. Archery itself was just simple physics; however, it was probably harder than it looked. She drew a brief sketch of the archer girl and noted with accuracy the angles of arms and legs and the degree at which her elbow came back. Maysie, herself, was a dagger fighter. But, not a very good dagger fighter. She just scraped along. She wasn't like these other girls who had trained for their entire lives.
        Maysie set down her pencil and examined her notes. Then she drew a side column and wrote down a few more notes. Finally, Maysie drew a bottom column and wrote,
          "The energy is converted from the potential energy in the archer's arm to the potential energy in the bent limbs of the bow when the string is drawn back. When the string is released, the potential energy in the bow limbs is transferred back through the string to become kinetic energy in the arrow as it takes flight."
Back to top Go down
General Carys

General Carys

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:21 pm

ADELAINE MADELINE HARLOW
Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] Agron1
"Santa Baby,
Slip a sable under the tree
For me,
I've been an awful good girl
Santa Baby,
And hurry down the chimney tonight"

Three hundred and forty-six year old Adelaine walked into the Archery Ring and smiled inclining her head slightly towards Artemis, "My Goddess," she said before smiling at a half-sister of hers, also a child of Athena. Adelaine had just come from protecting the Bridge and was heavily armoured. She was wearing a long peach coloured gown that fit loosely but to show her body more she but a wide belt around her waist. Her blonde tresses were put in a french plait to make sure it didn't get in her face. With a quiver filled with arrows, a bow in hand and a sword crossed across the other side, the sheath under the quiver she looked like a warrior princess. She notched an arrow, aimed and shot a target in the center perfectly, "Its good to use my bow, I have only used it once today my Lady, at the bridge, a man approached. I scared him off," she said calmly informing her Goddess of what was happening around camp.

Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] 5240497333_82daf77e36

Kana-Minh Wu|14|Nike|Huntress

Kana stood at the sidelines, keeping quiet and to herself. Of course, these other girls were practically family now. She had gotten a bow and a sheath full of arrows earlier in the day. But she wasn't sure if she could actually use it. She'd never actually been good at archery. The closest she'd been to the target was the blue ring. And that wasn't very good. Maybe she wasn't meant for Warriors. Maybe a Gatherer. That was what her father had done. He was a man of nature.

Taking up to an empty lane on the course, Kana drew back an arrow slowly, getting into the strength of the bow. She did this for a time until she could fully pull one arrow back with a little ease. When she pulled the bow up once again, the arrow flew right out. Wasn't quite good, she thought. She had to aim first. But when she looked at the target, it was on the very line bordering the red and yellow rings.

Kana looked around and dropped her bow. This wasn't her forte. She went back to the sidelines and studied the other girls.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Eliana walked gracefully into the Archery Ring. She was holding her bow tightly and her quiver was on her back. She surveyed the area after doing a deep and respectful half bow half curtsy. Finding a free target she glided over to it. She stood quite far away from it and took aim. When her quiver was empty the target, which was a standard circular bulls-eye target, had it's smallest circle followed with arrows. She went to inspect her aim and smiled in satisfaction. Like always, her aim was perfect. She would be very angry if it was anything else. She had been a Hunter for 2000 years, it should be perfect. She collected her arrows and went back to her position and prepared to start again.
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]   Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery Practice [o p e n--To all Huntresses]
Page 1 of 1