Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Is this home for us?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Is this home for us? Empty
PostSubject: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:00 am

Adin Greyhound

Sitting on the floor with my backpack on one side and Rocky on the other, I couldn't help but let my eyes wander around the place. The place was crowded, due to the combined number of the children of Hermes and other unclaimed demigods. The living room looked rather modern compared to how the cabin looked from the outside. The rug looked like it was made of solid coffee--the different shades of brown blending in beautifully. Some campers occupied the comfortable-looking sofas and chairs, which didn't look out of place in the chocolate-ish color scheme of the place (was it just me or was this place making me hungry all of a sudden?). Overall, the place had a pleasant feel to it, carefully designed to make you feel at home.

But this... this wasn't home. I could feel it. I didn't belong here. But... where did I belong? When was I going to find out? Chiron didn't mention when the godly parents claim their kids. Apparently, it may take a few seconds or many years. Maybe I had to wait until my father was in the mood to claim me. Well, that sucked.

I ran my fingers through Rocky's fur. The golden retriever laid down on the rug, preparing to sleep. At least I wouldn't have to worry about him poking around the cabin for now. I turned to Lance, who was just nearby. I didn't know how he felt about all this. Did he feel...right...in this cabin? Or did he feel like me?

I felt a little more comfortable with him now than before. We were similar in some ways, I thought. Both clueless. Both curious. Both looking for answers. Both demigods. I guess that meant we were related in some way, right? Like, maybe we were cousins, or maybe he was one of my half-brothers.

After racking up my thoughts, I decided to ask him, "So... what do you think of all this?"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Lance.Smith(God of Tea/B)

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:20 am

Lance rubbed his eyes, This place it was all a bit much just getting here and finding out that he was a demi god. In some ways it felt kind of right being here but in others it felt very wrong, The waiting for a claim and the not knowing what to do next I guess him and Adin should find out where to begin. Lance then heard the question and said

"What don't I think about all this"

Lance took off his hat and placed it next to his back pack rubbing his hands through his hair. Lance couldn't help but feel better that he was with Adin, someone who was in the same boat.

"Well...We're going to need to know what to do now, who to talk to, where to go and when that sorta thing."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 12:44 am

I nodded at his suggestion. It seemed to be a good enough start. Well, it was our only option actually, if you didn't count just sitting here and doing nothing. I looked around the room once more. The campers were busy doing...whatever they were doing. I could notice that some of them had similar qualities, making them really look that they were related. They must be the children of Hermes.

So our best bet was to ask someone here? I gulped. I turned to Lance. He can do the talking part. "Okay, we should go ask someone," I told him.

What I really meant was that he should go ask someone and I would hover in the background just listening, but it seemed rude and awkward to say that. I hoped he would get my drift though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:20 am

Lance nodded and stood up and as he looked around he was trying to pick a target and someone to ask what to do but they looked kind of busy and it's rude to interupt someone

"Well who do you think we should ask?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:39 am

I looked around us. Everyone seemed busy enough minding their own businesses. Should we really ask someone? I mean, maybe it was something that we need to find out on our own. How did these people start off when they reached the camp? Did they just wander around or what? So many questions...so little we knew...

"Or we could just...hang around and see what happens?" I suggested, shrugging. I resumed scratching Rocky under his ear. "Maybe we could just go with the flow...or something."

Ack, I was running out of ideas on what to do. Oh, father, I started to pray, whoever you are, just claim me already so I could get this over with!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Lance shrugged and as he was going to sit down once more he suddenly stood up straight and spun around heading straght towards a camper and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me? But me and Adin over there are new here and we want to know what to do."

The camper turned around he had features alot like many of the tohers in the cabin.

"Ah well we usually go to 'classes' but at the moment we're all just chillin' so if you want something to do go get yourself a weapon and some armour or just sit around here and chat it doesn't bother me"

Lance then walked back to Adin and told her the news
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:49 am

Wow, Lance is smooth, I thought. How I wish I could be like that too. But that's besides the point.

"So we get weapons, I said, standing up. To be honest, I didn't want to be in this crowded room. There were just too many people. Not my type of environment. I pulled Rocky up, and was about to head for the door when I remembered something. "Do you think it's safe to leave our things behind?" I asked Lance in a whisper. I really didn't want to carry my backpack to wherever I go, but I also didn't want to leave it here with all these people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 am

Lance thought a moment and then tuned to Adin and replied also in a whsiper.

"Well I think Hermes is the god of theives so I think it would be wise to take it."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:05 am

"Oh, right," I said, shouldering my backpack. It felt as heavy as before so it didn't seem like anything was missing. Besides, I didn't think anyone would try to steal something with Rocky on his guard.

I looked at the other kids. It didn't seem like they were carrying weapons or anything like that. Maybe the weapons could be disguised or something. But still, it was hard to believe that most of the kids I could see were trained to fight. "I guess we should go to the where they make weapons?" I asked Lance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 am

Lance nodded

"The guy said that they usually do like classes and i think that's what the weapons and armour are for. So yeah I guess we should head there."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:24 am

"Yeah, it seems that weapons here are a must," I commented. "We're probably going to die without one." Well, maybe not. But as much as I didn't want to use weapons, it seemed like I had no choice. I might not use it that much though, but I'll worry about that later.

I was halfway through the cabin when I looked back. "Let's go," I said, smiling.

((OOC: You create the new topic in the Armory?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this home for us?   Is this home for us? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this home for us?
Page 1 of 1