Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:03 am

Tony ran deep into the Forrest, until he was almost out of breath. "Ugh," he breathed to himself, "I need to lay off the burgers." Even without a audience he liked to joke. He looked around for a minute, looking for some footprints.

He found a large one which was fresh, he followed in that direction, his bow in hand. He came to a river, which bent around. He continued to follow the tracks. The tracks became more and more fresh, and he slowed down and got his bow warmed and ready.

When he turned the corner, he saw a ginormous monster, he remembered Mythology class, wasn't it called a Minotaur? This is not the type of game he had wanted. He backed up slowly, and silently. But then there was a snap of a twig, and the Minotaur turned around to stare at Tony.

"Oh crap," he breathed.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:13 am

I sit at the log with my siblings, just a tad bit bored. My joy's been killed. No, murdered. I watch the other Apollo kids dance around the campfire. The fire is blazing purple and high with joy. I listen to the music and it sounds nice. No disturbances whatsoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:19 am

I shoot a few arrows at the beast, 4 at a time about 5 times. All these do is make the monster mad. He charges and at the last minute I jump. It's too late thought, and he tackles me into a nearby tree, which comes crashing down. I lay there, only semi-conscious.
I stand up, with my vision blurred and my swaying slightly, I pull the knife out of my jeans, aim it at the beast and say, "Bring it."
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:23 am

The Apollo kids stop dancing and laughing at the sound. A giant rustle comes from the woods. "What was that?" I can hear some people asking. "I think its coming from the forest," I say to one of my sisters. She nods in agreement. Backing up slowly, we disappear into the shadows to see what happened. Before we can turn, our brother Liam catches our hands. He gives a stern look then follows us into the woods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:32 am

The Minotaur charged, but so did Tony this time. When the Minotaur and Tony reached each other, Tony jumped and stabbed the monster in the gut. He climbed the rest of the monster and stood on it's neck. He was still a bit dizzy, but the view was beautiful.

However, he saw a rustle in the trees a few yards away. Crap, he thought, there's no getting out of this. The monster dissolved into yellow dust, and he ran behind a small brush trying to hide from whatever was coming.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:35 am

Liam walked right into the yellow monster dust. "Gross!" he said, swatting away the dust. "Who's out here?" he asks while my sister is repairing the tree's roots. I scan the area to see whatever is left. Nothing but foot prints of shoes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:44 am

I look through the tree brush and see Iekka. Crap! I think to myself, ANYONE but her. I need a way to distract them. Something simple. I look down and see a pine cone. Perfect

I grab the pine cone and attach it to an arrow, fill it with snow, then launch the arrow about 20-25 yards in the opposite direction. It takes a second, but the plan works perfect. The snow on the pine cone freezes the pine-tree, making the inside expand rapidly. Causing a small explosion. Now all that they have to do is take the bait.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:52 am

Liam scoffs. "A pine cone explosion? Whoever is out here, I know that trick!" he yells to nothingness. I'm not buying it, but if Liam knows it, I might as well trust him. My sister is failing repairing the roots. She's been here a few months so it must be hard for her. I give her a hand and crouch next to the tree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:04 am

Fug Tony thinks to himself, It'll be a miracle if I get out of this one. after surveying his options for a while, he decides on what to do.

He shoots 3 pinecones at 3 more trees, and runs up the hill as fast as he can. He's not sure if they're following, and he doesn't care. He runs for the highest part of the hill. He passes trees, open spaces and even a cave. He thought maybe he could hide in there, but he couldn't stop, they would follow his footprints.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:11 am

"I'm not going to follow that idiot," Liam says. "Late at night, moons out. I'm sure the monster will get him by morning." Liam starts off back to the amphitheater. My sister and I give up on the tree. Its too cold and its out of its roots anyhow. We leave the area and return unnoticed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:06 pm

I ran to the top, and just as I hit the top, I stopped almost falling off a cliff. "Fug!" I say aloud. I look around and can't see anybody. Then, a long while in the distance, I saw the camp, with a campfire and such roaring.

How far did I run? I think to myself. This is going to be bad. I look down the cliff, and at the bottom there is the creek. Wonder if it's deep enough to jump? I think.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Sitting around the campfire is yet again boring. I can see Aiko sitting alone. Where'd Kana-Minh go? I ignore it and watch the the Apollo go back to their routine. Its quite boring tonight. The fire has died to some sort of orange. We are dismissed for the night and we head back to Demeter. The fire slowly goes to yellow then goes out completely. Everyone's tired and I snooze the rest of the night soundlessly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:16 pm

I jump. This seems like a good idea, until I realize how freezing the water is. As soon as I hit it, ice starts coursing through my veins. I climb to the beach and lay on it, out of breath. "Okay" I say aloud, "You can do this."

I stand up, and start walking in the direction of the fire, with nothing to guide me but the stars.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Tonight I can sleep without disturbances. The smell in the cabin is soothing and before I know it, I'm asleep. Though I have nightmares.

I'm at the top of Half Blood Hill again. I'm back in the body of a five year old. My father, Jonah, is at the bottom of hill, being torn limb after limb in front of me. He tells me to stay behind the barrier. I can feel its pull. I'm screaming and I'm sobbing. He is too, but his screams are dying as a part of him is flown into the forest. I'm kneeling on the ground now yelling "Daddy! Daddy don't go!" But its too late. His big blue eyes are frozen. Not blinking. All that's left is his abdomen, bloody with things hanging out. Its a horrific scene.

I wake with a start and tears streaming down the sides of my face. I pull my knees up and cry soundlessly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:17 pm

I get to what seems to be the edge of the Forrest, but turns out to be just another opening. I climb to the top of a tree where I might be able to see the camp. But it's pitch black, and I can't see anything. I want to climb down, but something is clawing at the tree: and growling.

I look down and see 2 wolves, clawing and climbing up the tree. Fug I think to myself again.

It may have been that I was hungry, tired, how bad the day had been, or maybe a mixture of the three. But for whatever reason, I started weeping. Tears streaming down my face. This is it, I think to myself, this is the end to the almost great Tony Tabs

I muster up all the power I have left, and scream as loud as I can, "HELP!"
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 10:57 pm

I was wide awake now. The nightmare had scared the fudge out of me. Then I heard him. That familiar voice. Tony. So it was him out there. I quietly make my way to the door and head to the forest in my jammies. I find him in a tree. Two wolves are at the bottom. I flick my fingers and vines come out of the ground to attack them. The vines wrap around their furry bodies and pull them to the ground. I make branches from neighboring trees make a bridge for Tony to walk over. "Hurry up and cross!" I whisper loudly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:01 pm

I wasn't sure what happened, and I wasn't sure I cared. I did what I was told and crossed, jumping onto a neighboring tree and stippling down it. It's when my feet hit the ground that I re-gain my courage. There are still tears in my eyes, but I ignore them and pull out my knife. The bow was broken.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:45 pm

"Good job breaking camp property," I say. I make the vines make one last pull on the wolves then I let them break it and run away. I turn to Tony. "What's up with you today?" I ask. "You're so out of whack today! Rebellion at the pavilion. Survival of the fittest out here! What is your deal?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:36 am

I can't take it, I can't take her yelling at me. I sit down against a tree, and cry. I put my head in my hands, and cry. I don't know how to stop, I can't stop. I just keep crying. I feel embarrassed, sad, tired, and angry.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:01 am

He's a pathetic little slob. Young demigods always are. I grab him by the arm and pull him up. I drag him back through forest and make my way through the courtyard in the darkness. Gosh, why can't Chiron add some lights here? I stop in front of Cabin 7, Apollo. "Here. You can sleep here with your siblings. They'll welcome you with warm feeling," I sarcastically. I hate acting like the older sibling. He's fourteen. I bet he's smarter than that. I go back to cabin with the harpies' screeching just arising.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)   Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for the first time (Open to first reply)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: