Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance.Smith(God of Tea/B)

So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) Empty
PostSubject: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:08 am

Lance stepped out of the car and looked at his mother still sitting in the drivers seat

"But I don't understand why did we just drive cross country? Why am I here?"

Lances mother Karen tried to hold back the tears and responded.

"Because It's not safe at home anymore head up that hill and go and find who's incharge I've packed your bags and here they are."

Karen handed her son the bags she had packed and she pointed to the large pine.

"Stay there untill I call you"

Lance looked up at the pine at the top of the hil and grabbed his bags.

"Ok mom."

Lance said his goodbyes and trecked up the hill still wondering why he was here but when he reached the top he saw the pine up close, it was a large tree. Lance sat down by it to catch his breath and he opened his bags, he saw his hat it was a black old cowboy hat type thing that he always wore and so Lance put it on and rested at the base of the tree.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:34 am

Adin Greyhound

So basically, my mom left me and Rocky here in this weird place. Out in the distance I could see a lot of teenagers doing stuff I don't usually see. Archers shot arrows, swordsmen sparred with each other, and...wait a second. Was that a flying horse? Okay, so this was definitely a weird place. A place that only existed in dreams. Right. Dreams. Dream dream dream...

"Don't worry. You'll find the answers here. Keep safe, sweetie."

Mom's words echoed in my head. What answers? I find more questions in this place than answers. Like, was that really a flying horse? And was that...a centaur? And what was that half-goat thing? It's just so...weird. And thinking about this stuff made me dizzy. So I figured I'd be better off laying down or something. Maybe I would wake up and realize that this wasn't real.

With my hand firmly keeping a hold on Rocky's leash, I walked up to the nearest tree. I let Rocky go for a moment as I sat down with my back leaning on the tree trunk. I was about to doze off when an excited bark sent me back to the present. When I opened my eyes, the first thing that came into my mind was that Rocky was not in my line of sight. Where did that dog go? He better not have hurt somebody! With these kinds of thoughts racing in my mind, I jumped into a standing position and looked around, only to see my beloved dog excitedly sniffing a boy seated behind the tree.

"Rocky, down!" I started to say as I grabbed hold of his leash. With a few tugs, I finally got my golden retriever to retreat, letting me see the black-haired boy Rocky was bothering. "I'm so sorry for that," I barely whispered--I only hoped he could hear my soft voice--, "It won't happen again. I hope he didn't bother you or anything."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:00 am

Lance's eyes shot open and he saw a dog sniffing at him Lance stood up and then saw a young girl whispering and saying sorry as she pulled the dog away. Lance smiled and glanced upon her for a while [i]she's pretty[i] Lance seemed to star at her for a moment before realising and shaking his head before speaking.

"That's ok he wasn't bothering me none"

Lance bent down and stroked the dog

"So this camp huh well I was told to go and find who's incharge. Lance Smith that's my name would you care to tell me yours?"

Lance stuck out his hand for a shake

"We can go find who we should talk to."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am

Rocky leaned in to the boy's touch. He wagged his tail, letting the boy know that he enjoyed the affection. I observed him for a while, noticing that Rocky instantly trusted the boy. He even spun around in circles and sniffed the boy's bag. Energetic dog.

I stared at Lance as he introduced himself. His hair and eyes were black like mine. Huh. What a coincidence. I felt nervous all of a sudden, like I always do during introductions. Holding on to Rocky's leash so he won't wander off this time, I slowly reached out to shake his hand. "Adin Greyhound," I said softly and let go of his hand quickly. So what if I'm socially awkward?

At Lance's suggestion, I nodded my assent. Maybe if I go talk to the chief in here I might be able to understand this place better, because right now, I was totally clueless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:36 am

Lance began to stepped down the hill remembering to not leav the girl behind he began stepping down the hill and he saw a large house not to far off in the distance but Lance slowed to walk next to the girl.

"So Adin where y'all from?"

Lance thought that Adin had the possbility of becoming a new friend but he needed to find out more about her and this place t first.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:48 am

I followed Lance down the hill cautiously. Who knows when Rocky could just run down and drag me with him? Thankfully the dog walked by my side, without doing any attempt to speed up his pace. If he started running...well it would definitely be a catastrophic idea.

"So Adin where y'all from?" Lance asked.

I shrugged. "New York," I answered simply. Well, what else was there to say? A few awkward seconds passed, and I noticed that I wasn't being that nice for just being quiet, so I added, "You?"

I epically fail at maintaining conversations... No wonder I prefer talking to Rocky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Lance smiled after Adin made her answer and then in the few seconds of silence Lance looked down at Rocky walking with Adin happily and then Lance looked up once again as Adin asked him where he came from.

"I come from Sterling City I used to live there with my mum, my sister and my step dad but I guess I don't anymore"

Lance then looked back at the dog

"So you and him been through alot together huh?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:02 am

When Lance smiled, I thought that maybe he was a nice person at all. And when he told me where he lived, I didn't get the sense that he was lying. For one thing, that was a great start. So I just remained silent, as a sign of respect or something. Dogs do that to give you space. I sighed and glanced at Rocky. The dog just kept on walking as if he had been in this place for a long time. I guess that was a good sign, seeing that we were apparently going to live in this place...for who knows how long.

"So you and him been through a lot together huh?" Lance said, staring at Rocky.

It all crossed my mind in an instant. How that huge black dog was staring at Rocky and I, and how Rocky attempted to scare it away... How that strange dog grew bigger and chased after us... No, I shouldn't be thinking about this right now. What matters was that we're safe now. But I couldn't get my head around the fact that that huge dog was something unnatural, and it was probably connected to this place. That didn't make me feel any more comfortable.

"Yeah, we have..." I answered Lance. He didn't need to know about that memory. I scratched the spot below Rocky's ear. "He's a great friend," I said. "D'you have pets?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 am

Lance shook his head and reponded

"Nah no pets wanted a pet for awhile but my mom said we couldn't have one"

Lance looked up and stared around the camp and turned to the hill once more seeing the sign above the arch once again and remembering what is said Camp Half Blood what could that mean.

"So Adin did you see that sign above the arch on the hill? Do you know why we're hear? The sign said Camp Half Blood."

Lance said these questions one at a time allowing them to sink in a give Adin time to answer. Lances eyes drifted towards Adin she was nice there was a strong possibility that they would be friends.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:01 am

I was surprised when he said he didn't had pets. I assumed that he had dogs at least, judging from the way he handled Rocky. But then again, I had been wrong in a lot of things.

When Lance mentioned the sign, I immediately looked to see what he was referring to. "I didn't..." I said, eyes fixed on the sign. Camp Half-Blood, it spelled out. Half-Blood? What did that mean? The only thing that came into my mind is the sixth book of the Harry Potter series. But something told me that it wasn't related to that. I was getting a little more frustrated right now. Mum told me I would be able to find answers here, but I kept getting more questions instead!

"Not really..." I said in answer to Lance's second question. I sighed. "I was just told that this place holds answers. I don't know anything about this."

I looked at Lance. He was probably just as clueless as I was. Maybe I should just...tag along with him for a while. Until I understand what's going on. Well, it wasn't as if I had any choice. I didn't want to wander around this place alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 am

Lance smiled and looked ahead towards the big house

"Neither do I neither do I but there seems our best bet as to the first step to getting these answers we both want."

Lance like this girl already maybe alittle socially awkward and well alittle shy but that didn't bother Lance at all she would be a good friend and Lance hoped she's stick around for awhile.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:40 am

I took a deep breath and returned his smile with one of my own. Lance really seemed like a nice guy. Hopefully the other people in this camp were as nice as he was, but I knew enough not to expect that. Not everyone can be a nice person, after all.

"Okay, let's go," I said, a little more comfortable than before. I tugged on Rocky's leash to get him moving, and motioned for Lance to follow me.

Finally, I thought, I'll get the answers I'm looking for.

((OOC: Are we going to start a new thread in the Big House? You can make it if you want.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:29 am

((OOC: Ok I've set it up we're ready to roll))

Lance smiled and followed Adin she'd come out of her shell alittle bit more now hopefull she'd stay like that for awhile. Lance liked that Adin had returned a smile to him it meant that Adin had obviously made a decided about what kind of guy Lance is to her and that's good. Real good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)   So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I can't stay at home because of monsters? (Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself to Lance)
Page 1 of 1