Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Capture the flag?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Capture the flag? Empty
PostSubject: Capture the flag?   Capture the flag? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I noticed a while ago how there were no topics in the capture the flag catigory. I know that it would be hard for a bunch of members together every Friday night just to do capture the flag.

So, how about this? Each cabin leader allies themselves with another cabin, like in the books. Then, on the last Friday of the month, there is a Capture the flag event. Each team could write in there own special color, or something like that. The capture the flag event could go on for a certin amount of time in real life, when it would really only be friday night, in the roleplay world. Like, it could go on for a week our time. And then the person who got the flag and brought it back to there side's character's cabin could chose the alliances for the next capture the flag?

Just an idea!

~Pip~
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

Capture the flag? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag?   Capture the flag? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:06 pm

I think a major problem with Capture the flag would be someone RPing like they got the flag in their first post. (or something like that) The whole TEAM aspect of Capture the Flag in the books would be hard to interperate in RP.(A battle is less of a team event to RP for being that we are able to have them more)

Despite the few flaws that could be easily solved, I think Capture the flag would be great! But I think that if we did have it, it should be once a month and should last a bit more than a week being that people aren't THAT active especially with most people school and what not.

*I had more to say but I kinds forget o.O I'll be adding more later once Icome up with it xD*
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
Banana
Banana

Capture the flag? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag?   Capture the flag? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 am

CTF, we actually have rules for CTF. The last one was pretty legit. I don't know about having CTF every week though. Seems very not-trilling anymore and I get bored easily. But yeah, a game or two would be nice. I think we had one last... *counts fingers* I don't have enough fingers! Nevermind..
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

Capture the flag? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag?   Capture the flag? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:56 am

Yeah there's obviously the problems with metagaming(?) and people putting on god mode to 'win'. (Of course, nobody would do that but YOU NEVER KNOW)

The main problem I had were the timezones. Since most CTF take only a few hours (I think?) I personally couldn't participate in the last one, seeing as how whenever I get on most people are sleeping. Or it's really late and they SHOULD be sleeping. Anyhow this is a problem that can't be fixed (Or can it?) without defying the laws of reality.

And if the CTF took longer than a day, I know that some people (Like me) have issues getting into a roleplay that's already been started. Especially if started means alot of posts. But this shouldn't be an issue for most of us so lets put that aside.

Also, roleplaying any team battle is really hard.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capture the flag? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag?   Capture the flag? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capture the flag?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: