Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Child abuse is probably illegal...

Go down 
+4
Sniggle
cher
swimmer28
Bri
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Child abuse is probably illegal... Empty
PostSubject: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Please, please don't share this with anyone else, no matter what

I've always been a "rebel" girl in my family, never actually listening to my parents or relatives. Whenever my grade dips because I've been missing homework, I get beaten. That's right. Beaten. The other day, my dad was holding my crying two-month-old little brother, telling me to go downstairs and eat. I took a while, because my computer was slow at exiting out of my files. My dad got so ticked, that when I walked pass him, he kicked my VERY sore thigh (I had gym that day) and slapped me on the arm, almost dropping the baby. I cried because of the pain, and my other brother Ron, asked me what happened. My mom and older sister overheard, and had a huge argument with my dad, saying slapping me was fine, which I agreed with, but kicking me like an animal was off-limits. I got slammed into by a kid today, and it bruised my already bruised leg, also making my side hurt like crazy. I usually have a strong pain immunity, but now I'm limping.
But not only that, I've always been outcast. I'd never leave a friend, but they'd leave me, insulting me on the way out. My family would never think twice about leaving me alone, afraid of the dark, too scared to get something to eat. Nightmares? Just think of happy things while the gruesome thoughts pervade your mind! Are you sad because your teacher or dog died? Just move on and stop crying! Crying never helps! I'd laughed at my injury once, since I was told not to cry. But I needed some pain outlet. I always tried to bottle these feelings up, hiding it from everyone else, controlling my anger. I tried to say the right things, be quiet when needed to, and to understand people's problems. But I guess they take me for granted. But I also think they handle me to harshly, push me to far, I've been driven to tears and sanity. I've always imagined myself in a surreal, better world, but I have to pull myself back down and remember that reality was my only place. I've considered suicide, and running away. But I never know what to do next.
Thanks for being my family. And for sometimes being there for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:03 pm

This pisses me off.

I cannot stand when a child gets beat. Look, no matter how bad of an idea it might seem, you need to tell a teacher, or your school cop. That's just horrible, and I don't know who you are, or how old you are, but it doesn't matter.

That's horrible, and you need to tell someone who can do something.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:13 pm

1) The kid was fighting another kid, so when I turned to look at the kid, he was gone

2) I can't tell anyone about my...problem... or my family will hunt me down and my little brother will get hurt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Just tell someone, if you have proof: they will take your parents away. I REALLY want to help, but I'm not sure how except for giving you advice.

If you are really scared for your and/or your brother's safety, I would suggest asking the police to say it was an anonymous tip. Also, I would make sure you little brother knew what was going to happen before it did.

If you want to take this to PMing, just PM me.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Er... My little brother is 2 months old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:24 pm

:\ That brings a problem then.

All I'm saying is, this is a problem that needs to be fixed. I'm tired of seeing my own friend's get beat by their parents and then all they say is "It happens" and they don't even realize that it shouldn't.

PLEASE. Do you, and your baby brother a favor and TELL SOMEONE.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm sorry, but no. I have no other family but relatives in Philippines, and I can't leave my friends. The only reason I posted this was to let it out.
Back to top Go down
swimmer28

swimmer28

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Bly.....I understand the standpoint to where you are coming from.

You don't wanna leave and move to a whole new place because of abusing parents, but sometimes you have to do what you dont want to. This problem needs to be resolved immediatly......and please save your 2 month old baby brother now so he does not have to go throught the same things you did. You might not have been able to save yourself from the wrath of your parents, but you can save him from it. Do something nice for him, he will apprecaite it in the future.

thankx for listening and reading my rant.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:04 pm

Honestly, I can't bring myself to do it. I know my little brother won't get hurt, because he'll be raised to be good. I was worried that the police would take him away from me.
Back to top Go down
swimmer28

swimmer28

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Because he is that small, they should not take him away from you. He needs someone in his real family to be around him for quite a while. they should let you stay together, but i dont know if they will. I dont have an exact answer on the topic.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Here is my last statement- I don't want my parents taken away from me either. I just want them to understand me. I appreciate you guys trying to help, but I just want to let this out.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:28 pm

I have problems with my family. Most of them, I'm too scared to say. I understand what you're feeling. I know you're scared. Some things, you can't tell people. Hopefully, things will turn out better for your brother. I really hope. As the yournger child, I really don't know what to do sometimes. Most of the time, I don't understand the things that my brother and mother are yelling about. I may not know you in real life, but do me a favour and even if you can't tell anyone, even if your brother ends up growing up in a horrible enviroment, promise me to tell him about everything. Don't leave him hanging. I'm too scared to tell someone who can 'help'. Personally, I don't want to cause all that chaos. I probrably don't get your pain of losing a 2 month old brother, but I get how uninmaginable it is to lose someone. I don't want you to feel that way. I wanna help. I can't though. All I can to is tell you that I'll listen to everything you wanna say. Everything you wanna rant about. Heck, you can ask me about what I did if I was in that situation. (chances are, I was.)

-Cherry.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Actually, I promised that to myself. I would tell my brother everything, including horrid secrets, so he would be prepared. But he's still in his cooing and warbling stage, and can't understand me.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:47 pm

You cold leave something like a letter. Maybe write it in a 'code' and teach it to him. Give it to him when he's older. I've been slapped\hit before. I know how when you accidentally let a hint slip, people get suspicious and then the counsellor comes along. Thinking that they can help when they can't... at all. I have not been beaten, but I've experienced things that can compete with that. Trust me. In other's opinions, it would surpass that level. Anyways. Just make sure your brother feels like he can talk to you about pretty much anything. And don't let him become cherry number 2. Pretty much emotionless. (On the outside at least) I can't give you advice on how to raise a kid, but I can help with keeping your brother away from feeling like what both of us are feeling right now.

-Cherry.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Bly, how old are you?
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm 13. Why?

Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I don't have an affect to this, because it happens to me everyday. Maybe it's because I'm black and that's how they discipline people, but I find it completely unfair. It hurts a lot, especially when they hit you for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:47 pm

This is a partially true stereotype-Asian parents beat their kids to discipline them. SOmetimes with whips, belts, slippers, the two latter I have experienced.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Blythe, I don't know you in real life, but you are one of my best friends. I want you and your brother to be safe. And I know what you mean when you say you don't want your parents to be taken away. And I know that you want them to understand, and, you guys can call me a hater however much you want, but it might not happen. Parent are stubborn, and they always think they're right. Just... make sure that your brother doesn't feel unloved. When he's old enough to understand, just tell him you'd do anything for him, and live your life like that for him. He won't be too bad, but if your parents keep this up, I can guarentee he will have problems. Just trying to be thoughtfull, and, just wanted to say that. I don't have abusive parents, and my parents are not divorced, but I would be lying if I said my family wasn't screwed up. And reading your posts Blythe... literally, it made me cry, for two reasons. One... I really feel for you. Two... a lot of that, is similar in my life.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 am

13? GDI. If you were my age I'd say wait it out, graduation isn't far and you csnsave yourself, but you're way younger and I don't quite know the whole situation. You can still save yourself, of course, but if you decided not to say anything to anyone that's several years you'd have to live with it still. Worry about your brother, of course, but worry about yourself, too. Do you feel comfortable in your home?

Wish I could help a little more, but my parents have only threatened to hit me. They haven't actually done it so I can't say I know the feeling and don't think I can give proper advice. Just stay strong I guess, and perservere? /tacky
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

I've been staying strong, showing no emotion when they hit me or scold me, but sometimes I raise my voice or start crying or talking sarcastically
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:39 am

Yeah, traditional Filipino families still retain those works. I get beaten and kicked regularly for the low grades (mostly Bs). It's because when they were young, they were hanged upside down on a branch filled with red ants. It's like a loop for us, since they seemed to be imitating what their parents did.

I'm sorry to hear that Blythey. Just remember that we are here for you. :3
I don't really know what to say. Speaking my mind out to my parents just seems to be so crazy as you have. I guess we're just stuck. My opinion, you give him a silent treatment or something. Stay away from the house as long as possible, make assignments excuses. So when you're back ,you're tired and most parents are sympathetic to you. I don't know. I go home around 8 pm, and still I'm always repremanded or something.

I hope you the best Blythe. I hope you'll feel safe and understood. :3
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I do, when I'm with friends. Like on here. But I can only get on by sneaking on, so it really sucks on my part. Plus, I can't tell any of my friends anything, because my parents are worried for their reputation. They stalk my email, and I have to bottle up my emotions if I can't tell my friends. My parents say that the only people I can trust my secrets with are THEM, but they don't understand anything about me. They don't even know how old I am! So when I try to find solace with my friends, it gets torn and I get angrier and angrier. I've had to use every drop of my willpower to stop myself from mauling someone.
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:38 pm

oh bly....i dont know what to say....im so sorry
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Don't be sorry, unless you caused my pain. If you did cause my pain, then you'd be VERY, VERY sorry XP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child abuse is probably illegal...   Child abuse is probably illegal... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Child abuse is probably illegal...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Rants & Life Issues-
Jump to: