Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

2035 ; a Ninja Poet original. :3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

2035 ; a Ninja Poet original. :3 Empty
PostSubject: 2035 ; a Ninja Poet original. :3   2035 ; a Ninja Poet original. :3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Casper Adam McKenzie;
14 Crispen Close
Kilmarnock
Scotland
25/10/2072

My dearest Cam;
I miss it up in Crispen Close so much. I miss the way that the sun never shone; I miss the way that the skinheads used to shout at us; I miss the way that the relentless rain never stopped play; but most of all, I miss you, Cam. I would list a huge list about things I miss about you and your ways, but I have a limit of 500 words to write to you with. Currently, I’ve used up 92.
Thank god that these letters aren’t censored, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to write half the stuff I wanted to you. First things first, you were right. I was sent away because of the European govern-ment. Well, indirectly. They really are trying to create a state of perfection and happiness, which means people like you and me are out. You know, people with disabilities, mental disorders, rabble rousers, etc etc. Only when I reached America and discovered the differences between the two states did this cross my mind; I’ve been evacuated. And I’d suggest you inform your mother of your own problems so she can evacuate you too. I don’t want my dearest Cam being taken away.
You see, the European government have been through tough times; war and economical troubles have taken their toll on the great continent. Much like the Germany of World War Two, they have a new leader. A leader who seeks to destroy the evils of the world. Those evils, darling, appear to be the likes of me and you. Except unlike Germany, there won’t be a war. No, all of Europe is happy to conform, including the ultimate non-conformists: Britain. It’s so much like George Orwell’s novel, 1984; our every move is watched, and soon, they’ll be tracking our thoughts too. Well, probably. It’s been building up for some time, like a volcano or an earthquake, and will burst out ever so suddenly. That’s 344 words so far, most of them on Europe. I think I shall change the topic.
You must please, please write to me, answering the following questions. Please: just to put my mind at rest. How are you and your family coping? School – is it still the most dismal place in the universe? Or has home taken that title? Are your new meds working? You know, the shiny purple ones? Are you going to be sent away too, like me? If so, please beg your mother to send you to Massachusetts. ‘Cause I’m there and stuffs. And last, but not least, is there anyone special/new/new and special in your life? I like to know when I’m being replaced. Lulz.
453 words. I feel that’s hardly enough to convey how much I love and care about you, but it’ll have to do. Below, is my new address for you to reply to?
Yours, now and forever,
Daniel Alexander Xius
[[Dax xxx ]]

Reading the words over and over again, Casper refused to believe it. She didn’t want to believe that she was in danger, or that the new Europe was as corrupt as the old world was. She didn’t want to think that her darling Dax had been sent away because he wasn’t what the new world deemed “per-fect”. He was perfect to her. Always had been, always will be. Ever since they had met, back when they were seven, she knew he was special. But he didn’t think that she was. He was terribly mean to her; all the way from the age of seven to eleven. He picked on her, bullied her, made her hate herself and most other people. It was because of him that she wanted to die. But it was because of him that she wasn’t dead. In the summer when she was eleven, Casper had been sent away from home for a summer, to spend some quality time with her cousins. When she came back, who else was her new next door neighbour? Daniel Xius, her perpetual tormenter. Their mothers became fast friends, setting up play dates between the two of them, even though he hated her guts. It was during one of these play dates when Casper’s mother let slip something nobody knew, not even Casper’s best friend Robby. Her middle name – Adam. She cringed at the memory of her mother, non-chalauntly going to Mrs.Xius,
“So, this is our Cassie. Casper Adam McKenzie. What’s your darling’s name?” She expected the young Daniel to burst out laughing, but he did no such thing. Instead, he asked her mother why she had a boy’s middle name, to which the reply was, “Just before Cassie was born, her dad was killed in World War Three. It was in memory of him.” Thinking nothing of the embarrassment she had just caused her youngest child, Mrs. McKenzie sent the two children to go play outside in the back garden, whilst she and Daniel’s mother had a nice old gab. She prepared herself for a bunch of questions, or a beating, but what occurred next shocked her, even to this day.
“Casper. . . What’s it like not having a dad?” the young Dan asked cautiously, fingers tugging at the sleeve of his striped blue and grey jacket. She shrugged – replying with a simple you can’t miss what you never had. Continuing to prepare for a beating, Casper asked a question of her own.
“What’s it like having a dad? Is it as good as many boast?” she asked, taking a step away from him. He said nothing for a moment, simply standing there with a look of concentration on his face, as if he was thinking about something. Slowly, he began rolling up his jacket sleeve, revealing a series of bruises, cuts and welts. Some of which still looked pretty fresh. Daniel ran a single finger of them, mouthing the word ‘Dad’ towards Casper.
“That’s what it’s like having a dad. I know it’s my fault that he hits me and stuff, but I can’t help but feel as if it’s not a normal thing for dads to do. None of the other kids wear long sleeves to hide the pain; so why do I?” She expected him to cry, but he stayed dry-eyed, staring at his arm as if hope could wash away the pain. Feeling extremely sorry for him, Casper took a step towards him, interlocking his fingers with hers. Not wanting to ruin the momentary friendship between the two, neither of them said a word. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her in for a gentle hug.
That was the moment Casper realised that Daniel hurt her because he was jealous of her; because she didn’t have to go through the pain of having a dad. It was also the moment that Daniel realised that Casper forgave him, despite all the stuff he had put her through. This was the moment that a friendship that would last a lifetime was to be started.
Sinking back into reality, Casper dragged herself out of memory lane, inspecting the page more care-fully. The printed piece was blotchy, stained with teardrops that had dropped from Dax’s sweet blue eyes. Oh, how she longed to see those eyes right now, staring deep into her own, his cute little nose twitching like that of a bunny rabbit. And his lips – stuck in their usual grin, revealing slightly crooked teeth. If she closed her eyes, she could almost see him like a GIF, kissing her forehead over and over. She didn’t dare imagine him kissing any other place on her body, as it would most likely lead into a full-blown fantasy. That was the last thing she needed right now. It was then that she looked at her clock, realising that she had five minutes to get dressed before Robby came to walk with her to school. She had known Robby as long as she had known Dax, and had liked him for a lot longer. He was her best friend; one of her few friends now Dax had disappeared. Opening her wardrobe doors, she threw on whatever she could find first, and hoped that it worked out okay. She rushed down the stairs, wishing her mother a good morning before grabbing her school backpack off the banister. She opened the door just as Robby was about to knock.
“Good morning to you, Robsters.” She greeted him, giving him a small curtsey.
“Alas, good morrow to you, Casio.” He grinned at the regular gesture, bowing deeply in return. “How’s things been with Ryu? Still bringing home things he can’t afford?” Casper rolled her eyes, pretending to not be amused by the crack at her older brother, kleptomaniac Ryu.
“He hasn’t brought home anything worth more than €100 within the last week, so mum and I am hoping for the best.” She replied, somehow managing to keep her voice deadpan. The two remained silent as they walked along the footpath, not wanting to touch the questions that they needed to ask. The last thing they needed was to walk into school with red-rimmed eyes and snivelling noses. They got enough bad looks as it was. It was only when they reached the school gates that either one of them uttered another word.
“Have you heard that there’s a new kid joining 10.9? Apparently, he’s from Norway. Barely speaks English, but is as good looking as Nyal Atkinson in 11.3, providing you like that kind of thing. At least, that’s what my sisters tell me.” Robby told Casper the news, hoping to drag her away from any thoughts about Dax. But it only made her think about him once more. If he hadn’t have left, there would be no new kid. At least, not in 10.9. It would just be Dax, Cam, Robby, Melody [[Robby’s girl-friend]] and Allan, stuck in their little world of misfits. It had been those five in that form since year 7, and now they had to welcome a new comer.
“Know his name yet?” Casper asked Robby, slightly interested in the new kid. She wanted to know who was replacing her Dax. Robby shrugged his shoulders; he didn’t know. Despite having four sisters who loved to gossip and stick their noses in things that weren’t any of their business, Robby didn’t know an awful lot of things to do with the social workings of the school. Well, he knew more than Casper, but that was barely saying anything. Trudging up the flight of steps that led to their school’s front doors, Casper was glad to be back in the company of all the giggling gossips and various sex-obsessed lads that she had the right to call her school peers. It was more interesting than being at home, pining for a lost love. Now she had to dodge mysterious U.F.Os and people’s feet, whilst still pining for a lost love. As soon as they entered the front door, the duo became a quartet, as Robby’s girlfriend Melody hooked herself onto his arm, and Allan simply walked alongside her. They stayed in a row of four [[somehow]] until they reached their form room on the mezzanine floor of the building, when they had to line up in a single file or face the wrath of Mrs. J. Docket, their positively evil form tutor. She hated them, and they hated her. It was a mutual feeling, shared by multiple people in the school. As usual, Mrs. Docket took ages to reach her form room, which meant that they had to wait for what seemed like a century before they could stop being a hazard leaning against the walls, and start being a hazard leaning back on chairs.
When she finally managed to arrive and open the door, Mrs. Docket dragged a previously unnoticed boy to the middle of the empty classroom.
“Children,” she shrilled, her scratchy voice going right through Casper, sending a familiar shiver of hatred down her spine. “I would like you to welcome a new arrival to our small form. His name is Deryk Andermüll, and he is from Oslo, Norway. He’ll hopefully be with us for the next two years.” She shut up then, ushering the scared boy towards the table.
“Hallo. . .” he mumbled under his breath, gently pulling back the seat next to Casper and sliding in. Casper had to admit to herself that he wasn’t that bad looking, with his fair hair and inquisitive eyes. Looking around the rest of the group, Casper realised that it was up to her to welcome the new boy.
“Ohai thar! Welcome to 10.9! My name’s Casper McKenzie, but you can call me Casper, Cassie or Cam. These guys over here are Robby, Melody and Allan. Hope you enjoy your time here.” She read out the welcome act, in a vague attempt at getting the boy to spread some detail as to why he was here. Instead, she was met by the same shy smile that he had worn since he had rolled up in the classroom. Throwing a quick look of frustration to Allan, he mouthed ‘Make Convo.’ To her, jerking his thumb towards the shy Norwegian.
“So, Scotland must be pretty new to you, right Deryk?” she asked him, trying to make convo between them. He simply nodded, and went back to staring at the desk. Letting out a groan of frustration, she gave up and went back to doodling on her notebook.
The rest of the day went on slowly; she shared most of her lessons with Deryk, and had become his unofficial tour guide to the jam-packed school. He had kept silent, which led her to think about Dax – had he kept silent at his new school? Did he have a tour guide? Was she a pretty girl, who would make him forget all about her? Then she started to think how she would reply to his letter. She needed to not seem needy, and act as if she was surviving without him. This, of course, was a lie. How could she survive without her Dax? She would have to find a way.

So this is my new story, 2035. This first bit is about 2336 words long and counting, so please, tell me what you guyses think about it. :3

-- Ninja~
Back to top Go down

2035 ; a Ninja Poet original. :3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Fan Fiction :: Stories-
Jump to: