Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Essie walked along the horse path, making sure she paid attention to where she was walking, though she loved what happened the last time she got lost...she didn't want to again. She kicked a pebble away from the path absent-mindedly.She sighed and continued to walk peacefully along the path.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Torin hissed and cursed under his breath as he pricked his finger on a stray branch of thorns that wrapped around the plant he had his sights set on. He retracted his hand and stuck his cut index finger in his mouth, licking the blood of. His eyebrows were furrowed as he tried to think of an easier way to get the valued herb to bring back to the infirmary.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw something small flick by. He raised his head and turned in the direction of the blur, blinking. "Hm?" Was someone else on the path today? He hadn't seen anyone riding pegasi by all day. In fact the only person he had seen was the new girl, a short brunette from the Hermes cabin who seemed to be racing a Satyr through the woods. They hadn't noticed him, and if they had, they hadn't cared to say hi. It seemed a little rude.

Torin cleared his throat and called out, in his usual wavering voice, "Uhm...Anyone...here?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Essie looked behind her, "Uh, hi?" she said, raising an eyebrow. She looked over at the person, it looked like a guy and from what she could tell, he had blood coming out of her finger. She walked up a bit more. "What's up?" she asked, looking at his hand.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Crap. A girl talking to him. He should've just.... hid in the bushes or something. Girls made Torin nervous. Especially the one he liked. "Uh, nothing." He glanced over hesitantly at the thorn barrier, then came up with an idea. "Hey, you... don't have a knife by any chance, do you?" Great, she probably thinks he's homicidal or something now. Hi, how are you? Splendid! Do you have a knife I could borrow? Or something with a sharp and/or jagged edge? Excellent! Torin resisted the urge to facepalm at his conversation starter. Smooth going, man. She probably thinks he's nuts.

The corners of his lips pulled up into a forced, tiny smile. He shrugged, trying to string together a proper sentence that would explain what he was trying to do. "Plant," he gestured to the bush. Great start. Idiot. "Uh, this plant. I'm trying to dig it out. It's kind of stuck though."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Essie shrugged and gave him her dagger before she even heard the explanation. Surprisingly, this seemed normal to her. She sighed, "It's cool. What's it for/" she asked casually. She looked at the plant, she was never good with knowing what they were medically or anything, so she really had no clue.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 pm

"Tea." Torin looked up and smiled, then rolled his eyes. "Well, also to improve digestion, but mostly for tea." He took the dagger and inspected it for a minute, before working the thorny branches out of the way.

He grabbed small plant towards the thicker side of the stem, where it rooted into the ground, and began gingerly digging around the perimeter of it with two fingers on his other hand. When there was a sizable trench around the plant, he scooped it out. The plant looked like a weed, a long green stem with several leaves growing out of it and a flower resembling a dandelion on top with a multitude of small pink petals. He smiled to himself, feeling more comfortable now that he was talking about something of knowledge and substance. "Have you tried homemade Bergamot tea before? It's delicious..."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Essie shook her head, "I mostly drink water...I only eat and drink what's been easy for me to make." she admitted. She shrugged, "So, you come out on this oath for horses, without a horse, to find..tea leaves?" she asked, looking towards him and raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Torin shrugged. "Burdock, Chickweed, Thyme... Berdamot." He could've spent the next hour naming things, but he didn't have the time or patience. The girl didn't seem overly-enthusiastic to learn about the wonderful world of botany and herbalism. It was a shame, too, considering a lot of annoying day-to-day problems with the body such as headaches and stomachaches could be cured, or in the least, reduced by plants found practically in the backyard. On the other hand, consuming some plants could potentially kill you. Never eat black nightshade, kids.

Torin thought for a moment. It was truly a shame that this girl didn't drink tea. Tea was absolutely delightful. And she only ate food she could make? Many plants could just be picked and eaten--assuming, once again, that you knew what you were doing. He made a suggestion, a deal of sorts for the girl. "If you help me gather plants, I can make you some tea..." His voice quivered nervously. Spending an afternoon with a complete stranger? Well doesn't that sound legitimate.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Essie eyed the boy, she barely knew him and he wanted to have tea with her? She drew her eyebrows together. She gave a small shrug and answered, "Uh..okay?" she wondered if this guy understood what she had meant, most likely not, but what she had meant was she only ate things that she could make in her cabin, she never prayed since she was 13.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Torin blinked, surprised that she had agreed, and then smiled with joy and drew himself up off the ground. Her eyebrows were drawn together and she looked...skeptical, or unhappy, or something along those lines. At any rate, he could feel the disturbance, and his smile faded. "Uhm...Something wrong?" Hopefully he hadn't already messed something up...Torin tended to do that a lot. He had finally just smoothed things over with his girlfriend, and now he was going to start something with someone else? The gods did not favor Torin, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Essie gave a failed smile, "Yeah, everything's fine, sorry." she hoped that he didn't press the subject any further, she just couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that someone other than Ben actually wanted to talk with her. She sighed, scratching the back of her neck.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:02 pm

"Sorry?" Torin had been getting prepared to start walking and searching for more herbs, but now he felt compelled to know what was troubling her. He would try fixing it if he could, or at least consoling her and telling her everything was okay or would get better. He moved closer and tilted his head just slightly, eyes sparkling with interest. "What's there to be sorry about?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Essie shook her head, her stupid mouth got her into so much trouble. She closed her eyes, "Nothing, what do you mean?" she asked innocently, she pulled her jacket closer to her and a wind blew through the path. She shrugged and got up, looking at Torin, "So what'cha doing now?" she asked, being perkier than usual to cover up her momentary thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:17 pm

"You're covering it." Torin stated matter-of-factly and shook his head, frowning. "I won't tell anyone, and I'm not gonna think badly of you. Just...Try me." Tell me sounded too demanding, and he thought better of using the word. When people demanded information, people became reluctant. Giving someone the option to explain what was on their mind was a less aggressive approach, and makes the one asking more approachable. Clearly, psychology of the human mind fascinated Torin. So did plants. He locked eyes with her and waited, patiently, for her to speak. Now was her chance to.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Essie shook her head, "I'm fine." she really didn't want to talk about what was going inside her messed up mind. She sighed, "Are we going? Or are you going to try to get me to tell you to the point that I end up leaving?" she looked at Torin, couldn't he just leave it alone? Plenty of people passed her up, why did he even care? She just met him, not even 10 minutes ago. She crossed her arms.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 pm

"Well... Leaving would be silly... I haven't made you any tea yet." Reasoning with the girl would be difficult. He certainly didn't want her to go, but not knowing what could possibly be hurting her was eating him up inside. Finally he shrugged and gestured down the path with his hand. "Whenever you're ready." The statement meant the literally walking down the path and searching for herbs, but also whenever she was willing to divulge the secret she was trying so hard to hide.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Essie shrugged, and walked walked along with him. "Okay, let's go then..." she said, not really knowing what she was doing anymore. She sighed, all she knew about tea was that t could be really bitter and t was made up of plant leaves. She really didn't use a lot of her time searching things to learn anymore, she focused on keeping her secrets, and fighting. She taught herself now, she just didn't spend almost all of her time trying to learn about a new thing. She stopped thinking about what her life was like, it made her head hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm

"Okay, search for Basil, Fennel, Rosemary, Thyme, and more Bergamot." He held up the plant in his hand. "This," He waved it slightly. "Is Bergamot. Great for tea but more importantly oil. Bergamot oil aroma is known to relieve tension in the nervous system and helps with depression, anxiety, sore throats, and to help with digestion. It also makes for a good air freshener." He smiled, then grew more serious. "There are plenty of good plants, but there are also bad ones. While we look, be careful what you touch, okay? And don't eat anything if you don't know what it is." He rubbed the back of his neck, remembering when he was younger and had tried to show off how good he was at finding helpful plants by digging up some water hemlock. That had been a bad day. "If you find something you think could be useful, point it out to me first, okay? I...don't really feel like having someone die on me today." He sighed and went back to a tree, picking up a bag that had been laying against it. He unzipped the pack and laid the bergamot gently down inside of it, before sealing back up and sliding one arm through the strap. "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Essie was dumbfounded by how much he knew about this. She looked at him, trying her best to be confident. "Sure...?" the answer came out more like a question, she truthfully could only remember so much from what she taught herself when she was livng in the streets of Brooklyn, and plants was definitely not any of those things.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:40 pm

He moved forward, stepping out of the woods and onto the horse path. "Uh, one more thing. If you see something that looks like poison ivy...Don't touch it. Or poison oak, for that matter. And try not to get squished by horses, too..." Suddenly, he pictured her getting killed several ways. Death by seizure from touching water hemlock, death by being tramped by horses, death by suffocation after mixing parsley with poison ivy. This was suddenly a terrible, terrible idea." He groaned under his breath, stealing a glance at the girl who was to be accompanying him. He wanted to say never mind, but that might hurt her. And if it hurt her, it hurt him. Besides, he didn't need anymore enemies. Not like he had that many, but, well, he was paranoid. Torin assumed that most people hated him unless they proved otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Essie looekd at him with curiostity, "Are you okay Torin?" she asked, walking up to him. He seemed to be having a war with himself. "I don't have to touch anything if you don't want me to, can just follow you..." She trailed, did he think her an idiot? She knew what she could touch and couldn't, she knew that it was idiotic to taste things without knowing what they arw first, she knew horses avoided her...why was he having a war with himself in the first place? Oh, yes, he didn't know her...the idea struck her head.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:26 pm

"Uhm..." Torin's face flushed red and he stared at her for a minute in confusion. "I...How did you know my name?" He couldn't recall ever telling her, and he hadn't seen her around before. "And yeah... I'm okay. Just... yeah." It's just that I don't want to drag your corpse to Chiron, he thought rather pessimistically. He ran a hand though his hair and pushed his curly golden bangs back. "Uh, whenever you find a plant point it out to me before you pick it up... Then we won't have to worry about... uhm... accidents." He sighed, scratching his temple with one finger, his gaze dropping to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Essie skipped over the first part. "Got it." she still felt a little thing as in he thought she was idiotic, but she let it slide, she didn't need another bad thing on her plate. She sighed, "Where are we going exactly then?" she asked, she fixed her nose stud before looking at him again.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Torin heard the sigh and his eyebrows slanted and drew together, expressing his rather despondent move. He could already feel in his bones that this trek wouldn't be worth the stress, but it didn't really matter now. He was stuck with it, unable to say no. His shoulders drew up and fell back in a shrug, and then he looked down the path. "We'll probably find enough herbs just going down the path to make some tea..."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Essie shrugged and agreed, "Okay then. You lead the way." she said, motioning her hand towards the rest of the path. She might not spend a whole lot of time with people, but she could tell emotions, and she knew he heard her. She felt bad suddenly, it was just, this wasn't her thing. She mentally said to herself, 'Neither was getting a boyfriend, but look where you are now.' she kept on thinking of these things over and over, her doubts, the counter truths. She wanted to punch something, but that would just seem idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)   Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking So I don't Get Lost (Sni!!!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: