Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

RP length, detail and amount?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

RP length, detail and amount? Empty
PostSubject: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 pm

I've been on multiple RP sites. On the first site everyone posted about 300 words each post. The second was a similar length to here, and this is the third.

Do you think it would be better if, on this site, I posted a smaller amount per post, but posted more? Or should I just stick to my longer posts and post less?

EXAMPLE
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Well, this is really up to you. o w o The minimum number of sentences here for a role-play is 4. afewpeopledon'tfollowthisrule.xD For me, I post about a medium length, maybe 8-9 sentences? For the life of me, I can't post really detailed posts like Angel, Nico, Hado, etc. I just can't do it! *rages*

I think you should stick with your longer posts. EMBRACE YOUR GIFT.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Ok ;)

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:31 pm

You're welcome! Keep the long posts coming! :D
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:49 am

Floury Pancakes ~ Skye wrote:
I think you should stick with your longer posts. EMBRACE YOUR GIFT.

Got for it! ^^ If you're serious on improving your writing, it's definietly the best form of practice. It's helped me a lot the past year I've been here at CHB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:15 am

I agree with both Bre and Skye. Put as much detail, clarity, and wholeness in your RP replies-- it's truly an excellent form of practice. However, just please try to remember that you aren't writing a novel; don't get carried away by the thrill of it ;)

To tell you the truth, I quite enjoy stalking long-post RPs.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I will save my extreme posts for the other forum. Then I will merely blend in, not stand out like some weird novel writer.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank Skye. *Blushes*

While I like to post in detail, sometimes I get lazy and post only 6-10 sentences? (It isn't lazy to most people, it's actually a very good post, you guys!) Really, whatever you feel like posting for the day works. If you like long posts, don't be afraid to post long! Someone will reply either way, it'd how you choose to tell your story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP length, detail and amount?   RP length, detail and amount? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP length, detail and amount?
Page 1 of 1