Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) Empty
PostSubject: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:43 pm

It was a beautiful day out, which was more then she could say for most days she was at the Strawberry fields. She’s never been very fond of these fields, it all started when she had first got to camp. It was a horrible, miserable, muddy day. And they put her in the strawberry fields. She was wearing very inappropriate footwear for strawberry picking – her new high heels. They sunk into the ground and made her feet hurt. Not to mention at that very moment of complete disgust, an Aphrodite girl walked by and as if magically, her heels didn’t sink into the gods forsaken mud. When the girl laughed at a boys joke, Ella could’ve sworn she was laughing at her.
Really, the strawberry fields weren’t that bad, especially on a day like today, but Ella didn’t care, she refused to like them. However, picking strawberries was mandatory.
"Gods..." she sighed. Ella bent down to get to work…
Back to top Go down
Kyrian Frost

Kyrian Frost

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:26 pm

The Strawberry fields, they were his escape from the noise of Camp. Philomelus Greene otherwise known as Phil was amongst his real friends, the plants. Sure grains and veggies were more attuned to him but all plant life seemed more alive when he was around. He was laying amongst the bushes when he heard someone curse.

Phil sat up and looked around one of the Summer camper's was bent over filling a basket. He couldn't help but make a remark, after all she was making in a camp full of Demi-Gods. "Yes gods indeed though there are also Goddesses" he remarked plucking a strawberry of the vine and popping it into his mouth.
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Ella was puzzled at first. Before she got up, however, a little smirk spread across her face. She looked up at the guy’s face. He looked so calm, in the fields Ella couldn’t stand. That’s something different (in her eyes, anyway.) “Gods and Goddesses? Absurd!” She said in a mock shocked voice, joking around was her specialty.
Back to top Go down
Kyrian Frost

Kyrian Frost

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:38 pm

This girl was really strange but then again all girls were strange, most people were also odd. Phil shrugged and touched the now empty vine and focused on re-growing the berry. While his green eyes were locked on a slowly regenerating berry he decided to respond to the strange girl. "No what is absurd is your choice in foot wear" he did his best to suppress a grin.
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Ella stared at the boy after making her remark. He seemed… distracted. She looked at his hand and he was slowly growing a strawberry. She was amazed. I mean, people had told her that kids here could grow plants quickly, but she figured it was just a “Green thumb” kind of trait, not spontaneously growing berries. The boy made a comment on her footwear, but she didn’t really listen. She was still amazed, “Did you just grow that!” She said, she was trying to ask a question, but when she said it, it didn’t sound like a question at all.
Back to top Go down
Kyrian Frost

Kyrian Frost

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Her questioned statement broke his concentration, leaving the berry the size of a quarter. He glanced at her and then back at the strawberry bush. Phil wiped the beads of sweat from his brow, regrowing a single berry was actually more draining than growing back a bush. "To answer your question the answer is no I did not grow that" he said quietly with a small grin. He rubbed the fruit gently with his thumb "I merely helped speed up the growth of the berry that was already waiting to form."

Phil looked her over, she was obviously not born of an earthen god or goddess. He wondered why the camp did not optimize the abilities of the campers or at least they hadn't when he first arrived. Perhaps things were changing, he had not noticed since he kept himself distant from the rest. Phil had avoided getting close to people since his mothers funeral so his social skills were lacking.
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:02 pm

"That's... sort of amazing."She was smiling. it wasn't the little half-smile of a girl trying to look cute, but a big, goofy grin of someone truly awestruck. She suddenly realized that the guy looked tired out. She knew when she was healing, she was really tired afterwards. The strawberry, however, had barely grown. She had a questioning face when she asked, "Does that take a lot of energy to do?"
Back to top Go down
Kyrian Frost

Kyrian Frost

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:39 pm

He nodded silently, it was in fact a tiring job. The girl however seemed interested in his talent, he figured he may as well explain. " well it's not that the act of accelerating the growth or re-growth of a plant is difficult, focusing my power is the tiring part" he said leading back onto a pillow shaped bush. He looked up to the sky and let out a tired sigh "It's like trying  to run a river through a garden hose when the nozzle is set to most mode."

Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Her questioning look grew more intense when he compared powers to garden hoses. Ella knew her next statement would make her look like a idiot. Still, her curiosity got the best of her. "Um... I've never... actually used a garden hose. I grew up in New York City, in a little apartment. The closest I came to a garden was a window box I forgot to water daily." She blushed slightly. She wouldn't label herself as naive, but she was beginning to think she should.
Back to top Go down
Kyrian Frost

Kyrian Frost

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Phil understood, she was a an american city girl and he was a Canadian country boy or rather he used to be.
He hadn't been back to his home land in a long time, if he was anything now he was a half-blood. His home was the camp, his refuge the fields and woods which surrounded it. But he understood the others were not like him, this girl was only here for the summer. 

He rubbed at his chin and thought of a better way to explain things. Soon enough he got thought of a better analogy, his green eyes gleamed in the sunlight as he started to explain. "alright instead of a garden hose lets say shower head, do you get the idea now" he thought now she would get it. "it's less strenuous  if I use my ability on the entire plant, but if I did that the existing fruit would wither and die" he sighed glancing up to the blue sky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)   Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Picking Strawberrys (Kyrian)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: