Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I think we need this..

Go down 
+12
dean
fergusonAKAfergs
cher
swimmer28
Ninja Poet
Pоseidon
Nico
selene
Kendall
maddie ☹
Skye
Max♥
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Max♥

Max♥

I think we need this.. Empty
PostSubject: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:09 am

Hello. Please do not get mad at me for stating this sugestion but..

I think the admins might want to choose some new mods. Not that the mods now are bad, but I think it's a time for change in authority. I don't know it this has been brought up beofre, I was kinda too lazy to check. But i really do believe this is a good idea, And the camp should benifit from it. Maybe give some new people a chance to shine? And Possible look further into some chatbox mods. I really do believe that is what we need..
This may sound stupid, but more mods may make most of us feel more safe. Please, Please consider this.

--Thank You, Max♥
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:12 am

Yeah, I agree. At least Chatbox mods, if anything. I know that I am usually present during fights or just in general, and I can't really find anyone. Don't get me wrong, I love the staff, but I think we can benefit from more authority, and people who openly enforce the rules. Or, at least people who would like to make sure the rules are followed.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:13 am

I believe they have been discussing this for a while now. We need a new generation, as I'll call it. Mods, you guys are truly amazing, but why not give another go at some new people?

Last edited by Lovely, on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:14 am

That is a great idea, Max.

The forum lacks moderators, and I only take note of 2 moderators that come on (almost) daily. Chatbox moderators are a must. No doubt. It's not that the moderators aren't doing a good job, they're doing fantastic jobs. But when they're not on, we have nothing to do but watch when something bad happens on the chatbox.

--Kendall
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:20 am

I think we need more mods, because me and Jess are the most active. I also think we need chatbox mods and rules.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:21 am

Yeah... Maybe just have a separate group for Chatbox Mods? Just so they have authority in the Chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:27 am

Thank you for bringing it up, Max! We're certainly going to be talking about this, and I'm not going to lie and say we've haven't been seriously considering this. A group of Mods retire, maybe permanently, maybe not, and we get to see a new group work as a staff.

If people get mad at you for suggesting this, please let me know Max. We want our members to feel safe, and the fact that you have to worry about people getting mad at you makes me sad. We can express what we're thinking here. Thank you for being bold.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:31 am

I'm all for having new Moderators and what not, but I only ask that you get Moderators or Admins or whatever that actually listen to reason and logic and take specific circumstances into equation. Anyone that was on the chat literally 30 minutes ago will know exactly what I'm talking about... How a new person who made a mistake, and admitted their mistake multiple times : Only for everything to be blown completely out of proportion with an argument that lasted literally half an hour, if not more, and for absolutely no reason.

I'm not going to mention names, because that's the wrong thing to do, and I'm not that kind of person, but things like this are bound to happen and I just hope you have a staff that can enforce the rules justly, but also with some leniency and understand that people do make mistakes - It's human nature, it's an unfortunate part of life.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 am

-.- I'm sorry for the way I behaved.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:54 am

The blame for what happened can not, and will not be pinned to a single individual. You enforced the rules, you did your job. Do I disagree with the way you handled things? Yes. I'm not going to lie about that, I think you could have handled it better - But the fact we had 4-5 people arguing on the chat certainly didn't help the situation, and most of the members arguing have been here for months, myself included. No one's perfect, and no one will ever be, but small insignificant things that cause massive arguments like that should literally not happen.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:27 am

I agree with Max; we need new mods and chatbox mods. I did suggest the idea a while ago. The chatbox mods don't even need to have a colour - they just need to have an "@" next to their names. Also, if we do employ chatbox mods, they need to be from multiple time zones. At the moment, most of the staff live in America, meaning they are from similar time zones. That's fine and all, but if we had CBOX mods from different time zones, then the chatbox could be monitered at all times.
We need new mods, and possibly new admins. Not because they're doing a bad job or because they're unpopular with the people, but because we need a change in management, so we can see what other people can do for the site. The staff team is like a government; it needs to be changed every now and again.

And that's my ten pence.

-- Ninja;
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:28 am

I think we need new mods and some chatbox mods because really, Jessica and I are the most active. It's a little hard to try and moderate the site when the admin's aren't. Chatbox mods should have a color like... red, and they have the @ symbol. Also, they should be in different times zones, like: Roo (Britain), Skye (going to Hawaii), Death (when she comes back, Phillipines) These aren't suggestions, but they are different time zones instead of America.
Back to top Go down
swimmer28

swimmer28

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 pm

SELENE... YOU BRING UP GREAT POINTS AND THEY SHOULD BE HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR. WE NEED MODS ON ALL THE TIME FROM AROUND THE WORLD SO THAT THEY CAN PATROL THE SITE 24/7 AND NOT HAVE TO BE UP AT LIKE 2AM THEIR TIME ZONE. I MEAN, IT REALLY JUST MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO ME. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU. WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:54 pm

I don’t think it’s fair on Selene and Jess. They can't be everywhere at once. We need someone that gets on frequently, all the time. The rude comments in the c-box are to be stopped before someone gets hurt. For some people, they are big softies. Like me. And they don't like those fights. They try to stay neutral. But when some people insult them, they take it seriously. I may only be 11, but I know how it's like to be put down all the time. It’s not fun. We all have to work together. Stop any fights. As a newer member, I feel left out when some older members talk about the good 'ol times. And how it was before the 'new people' came. It's not exactly the thing I want to see on the C-Box. Some people get offended and another fight starts. I'm the biggest softie you'll ever know. And I feel bad for you people whoa are trying to do your jobs when other people won't even bother and they think you're just 'joking' and when you tell them you’re serious, they act all dramatic and some people take sides. The C-Box isn’t used for this purpose. It’s for us to have fun and be safe. People just have to work together on that.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Alright, so anybody in the chatbox during or after a fight when I'm there can tell you I literally preach in the chatbox. But what I say, I have to because I have strong conviction in what I say. And that's why I'm posting here: so peeople who haven't see this in action can read what I have to say. I think it is a great idea to get at least a couple of more mods in here. There are people saying get more mods and then there are others that bring up a fantastic point of people who are moderators are mods because of the power and responsibility that comes with the position and if we give it to too many people, chaos and hysteria will happen. So I'm here, putting my two cents in, offering a compromise of giving mod stauts to those select few who the current staff knows they can depend on to be fair, nuetral, and just in stopping fights in the chatbox; carry out the regular responsibilities as a moderator; and can be active.

This isn't meant to be a slam to other mods, but I didn't know there were other mods besides Selene and Jess until I saw the moderator group. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to ANY members of the staff. At all. The staff here at CHB keep things calm and provide balance to this forum. The staff does an excellent job and carry out many responsibilities and because of these many reasons and more, members look up to (or at least should look up to) and respect the staff. I know I'm not alone when I say respect and look up to the staff. I mean, I'm sure a bunch of you smile when you see an admin or a mod log in to the chatbox. Am I right?

So finally, I'm presenting these ideas in a smaller summary incase I happened to confuse any of you or because I didn't really get my point across.

We need new mods, but not a plethera of mods either, but there are only four mods for about 2,400 members. That's a 1 : 8 ratio. I look at it like this: it's like a school. You have to have so many teachers for so many students. That's why the seventh grade teachers isn't incharge of the sixth and eight grade classes too.

New standards (if these aren't standard already) should be something like:
Has to be active
Has to be fair, just, and un-biased towards any of the members who are involved in any kind of chatbox or any other kind of fight.
Can be rational and listen to reason
Can be respectful towards members along with admins, fellow mods, and legends.
Can follow directions without (much or any) complaint.
Can carry out the other responsibilites of being a mod and being apart of the staff.
Follows the rules of CHB

Something like that. These are just my thoughts and suggestions in trying to better the forum we all know and love. Many of us are going to have different opinions, but instead of fighting can we just agree to disagree?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/erika.f.lincoln
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm

I would like to agree with Selene, a lot of mods are on at American time, whilst some of us -me, Roo, Death (this is all the people I know of in different time zones) - are on and could quietly just check everything and accept characters whilst everyone in America either sleeps or is at school so you won't have that many people bugging the mods and admins if they could accept their charries now.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:39 pm

In a few weeks, I won't be on the East Coast of America. I'll be moving, and I suppose I'll get to see what goes on around that time. xD

The time-zones are a big issue, as I have already seen. There are people that do get on, whilst most people are sleeping in America.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 pm

I think that if someone already has a job, they shouldnt need to or really be aloowed to take on another role, that way it gives more people a chance do take on roles, and help with moderating the site. that also means that one person isnt having do to so much.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 am

Hmmm, nice preposition Hawk, but still, if you said that certain people shouldn't be allowed to be in two groups at the time, the changing of the staff would be...Er...useless. Cuz, if we sti have the same thing, having everyone littered in the same timezone/continent, the people in the East would wait long- and that really sucks- and the whole thing would be pointless. You know, I've been here long enough to see new members leave the site cuz admins are never online long enough to see them- or they have no more use into going back into the site, cuz they feel their charries are useless being unaccepted while you guys are doing your stuffs. Get my point? No? Me too. Still studying. (: sneaky little creep I am. (:
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm sorry, I don't really follow. :/ I think we do need to change up the staff, I completely and totally agree, but it would be really hard to change all of the groups. I'm all for having Chatbox Mods, and a change in Mods, since most of our Mods are beloved, but sadly, slightly inactive. I really don't want to do anything drastic, because it might upset the site, but I know we're trying to work out changes that will improve the way the site is today.

Luff,
Nicoooooo!
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I agree. SeleneandIaretheonlytwoactivemods. D: Oh, and I've been kind of cranky lately from sleep deprivation or something. Helpmeplease. So, I think we need at least to get rid of the inactive ones and get new ones. Or something.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:17 pm

I think me and Jess need more help. It's a little hard to watch the site when the admins aren't on. I mean, this site is my second home. I lie to get on here. I get in trouble just because of this site. I went through so much trouble as to cry because the internet wasn't working. That's how much I love this site. That's how much I want to know it's okay. I just need more help too.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I think Selene is right on this one. I can see how much effort certain people put in to get on, Selene included. I think they[Jess and Selene] should get some help, as their jobs as the most active Mods get's stressful.
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I have to agree on this. It's not like I'm a Moderator or whatever, but I bet that it's hard being the only two active moderaters. I also like the idea of the chatbox mod's, but I think that they should be secrative or somthing. Like, I don't know, so that way the people in the chatbox woun't know if there is a mod in there or not, because you never know that a member mite not be following the rules. But, you know this is just my opinion ^U^
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think we need this..   I think we need this.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think we need this..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: