Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.

Go down 
4 posters

Do you agree that a noob is the same as a newbie?
Yes!
Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_vote_lcap64%Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
No...
Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_vote_lcap36%Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. Empty
PostSubject: Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.   Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:57 pm

So, today in the Cbox, me and Kat were having a very feirce discussion about Noobs, and I was saying that noobs and newbies are two diffrent things, while Kat, said that they are the same. WELL heres the proof that there diffrent:

Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own.

A noob or n00b is someone that lacks intellegance or common sense, most people think that noob is a word used only in the online gaming world, but in reality it is becoming an ever popular word with teenage society.
a noob could be simply a level 100 running round shouting ''WERE THE HECK DO I GO!?'' or someone calling someone else a noob and then getting hit with a brick, anyone can call anyone a noob, but normally they are noobs themselves

1. A noob is a person who really sucks at a game but refuses to learn/listen to people who are skilled. Many of them may have been playing the game for a while, but still suck at it. They usually have no hope.

2. Noobs generally get extremely upset over being beaten and can not admit that they are bad at the game. Often they will accuse the skilled people of hacking.

3. This word is an insult in general so people often wrongly use it and just call somebody that they do not like a noob, regardless of skill.

4. This term is often confused with the term "newb," and people who confuse these terms are usually either noobs themselves, or somebody who is good but is just mean (and has a lot of pride for being skilled).

1. Newb comes from "newbie." Somebody new to a game and they will generally suck at it. However, the reason that they suck is because of their unfamiliarity to the game. They have the potential to become good. This is not a derogatory term.

2. Also, newbs are not always bad at the game, as they may have played similar games in the past, but when it comes to knowing where things are, or information- they don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.   Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Newb, newbie, n00b, whatever you wanna call it. IT'S ALL THE SAME THING.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.   Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 pm

They're both new people, so I call them the same thing xD
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.   Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I agree with pip;
N00bs are generally people too arogant to ask for help, no matter how long they've been playing the game, and however bad they suck at it. Also, calling someone a "n00b" is generally an insult within the teenage community.

i.e. Fred Bloggs has played Minecraft since it came out, and still can't download hacks. What a N00B.

However, a newbie is someone who is new to something, not taking in their past experiance or level of capabilities. It is simply a name given to new people, and is innofencive.

i.e. Fred Bloggs has just downloaded Minecraft, even though he's played other similar games. Everyone say hai to the newbie. :]

-- Ninja
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.   Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Thank you roo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.   Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noob's(N00b's)VS. Newbies.
Page 1 of 1