Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. Empty
PostSubject: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Inhale, feel the surrounding.
The echo.
The flow of... sound.

The amphitheater, the place I felt most comfortable in the world (though I might have mentioned this before), everything... seemed almost drawn in front of me. I could visualize it in my head. I lean back, and rest my hands on the cool soft marble railing behind me.
Inhale again.
I shake my hands at my sides, loosening myself out in preparation.

"I was..."
A pause. Glancing around for the unseeable crowd.
Is anyone here? I can hear the empty stands.
Let's begin again.

"I was a child confused,
And used to being used,
And used to being used
by you...
"
I trail off at the end, unsure of my poem's ending.
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:56 pm

I walk to the door silently, being lead by the poetry. It was good. I knew that for sure. When I see the boy who was making the poem. He was older. I take step behind, he would see me and that for sure make me nervus. I hear the snap of the twig behind me. No! I didn't move, I was to nervus.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:16 pm

A faint cracking sound drags me out of my thoughts, "Is... Is anyone there?" I ask nervously. It could have just been... I dunno, some tree or something.
But, it could also be a person.

If it was... I dunno, was there always some sort of high likeliness for people to walk in on me singing or reciting poetry or... Well, I mean... Doing something kinda embarrassing?
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:22 pm

I shift my weight. Should I say yes or no? This time that is the question, I think. " Mabe?" I say quitely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Abel entered the amphitheater, hearing the sounds of voices and poetry. Grinning to himself, and thinking of his dad, he composed a haiku.
Haiku's are awesome
But sometimes don't make sense
Refrigerator.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Afraid of him looking my way I step half behind the door jam. " I like yur poeam. You are good." I say. I could feel myself reterting back to my acsent. It kept getting thicker and thicker and at the rate it was going it would to be so thick no one would understand me. Not that any one want's to hear what a seven year old has to say. They think we don't know what we are talking about. They where probilby right most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:08 am

A petite voice calls out to me from the amphitheater entrance. I feel myself sigh in relief. It's just a little kid... I mean, not that kids are any less valuable what with them being the future of the world and all. But it's just like... Kids don't have any preconceptions or none of that business, you know? I don't have to work to impress a kid.

"Oh, umm... thanks!" I smile in the direction of the voice, "I'm not great or anything, but I mean, I guess I'm not bad. You into poetry?"
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:53 am

" A little bit. Poeams are used to make songs that have sweet music to them." I say coming out a tiny bit. I cock my head to the right a little. He seemed nice enogh but still it could be a trick. A mask.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:01 am

"Thanks!" I take a step towards the entrance, "I like to sing too, but I'm not great at that either... I mean, I'm okay at it, just like with poetry. It's just that... err... comparable to my sibs, you know?"
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:08 pm

" I don't sing at all. I just play music." I wisper. I look at his face. He was walking my way. I duck behind the door jam again.
Back to top Go down
Josh Fish

Josh Fish

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:04 pm

I walk in. "wat r we doing today. Singing, Rhyming, or just goofing off" I ask a little iritated.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:05 pm

I turn to the irritated vioce. I stared at him a little scared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Abel Stepped in front of him. "Woah there buddy. She's just a kid. You're disturbing her. Think about inner peace dude." In retrospect, he thought he kinda sounded like a surfer hippie, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:32 am

" He's ook." I blurt.
Back to top Go down
Mako

Mako

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:28 pm

i step through the door with nava hey i said woah judging by the look on her face she was scared no no no the auditorium is safe see i say taking a step oops i tripped off the stands...
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:50 pm

I hear several other voices echoing around the stands of this amphitheater. Starting to feel... a little uncomfortable. I cough a bit uncomfortably, "Music's cool.... uhhh..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm

I look towards the voice "I know, right?" I grinned approvingly and extended a hand. "Abel."
Back to top Go down
Mako

Mako

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:18 pm

i walk in with my guitar and see sam S*** sam did you break a F****** bone again?

maybe i say getting up but im ok as far as i can see
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:05 am

" Scared. What would make yoo thinke I was scared?' I say quickly. Then I turn to the older boy who I had started talking to. "I'm sorey but I dew not know your name? I'm Nava." I say
Back to top Go down
Josh Fish

Josh Fish

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:21 pm

"Fine if no one wants me here ill just leave!" I say trying not to raise my voice but i do of course.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:03 pm

"Oh... Ummm, I'm Terry Veilance," I smile and wave, trying not to seem rude. "It's nice to meet you Nava and Abel."
(Errr... I probably sounded way to formal there)

I hear a rage filled voice resonate within the amphitheater and cringe. Sometimes the whole "improved senses" thing was handy you know, cause I'm blind and all. But, like... when some guy starts yelling in an amphitheater, a structure that's designed to heighten sound. Man, that's really a pain.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Terry, Why in the gods names does that sound fimilar?, I think. Mabe I had met him before, No impossible. Then it dawned on me. " You know my sister, Ziva." I say just now getting the fact wrapped around my little mind.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:57 pm

"Ziva's your sister?" I regurgitated, "Well... I guess there are only so many gods... and I mean, we're all kinda related."
My ears were still ringing from that... Uhhh, well I don't know his name, but this yelling guy's... errr yelling. I shook my head, trying to stop the ringing.
"So is she like, a god parent sibling, or... uhhh... a mortal parent siblings?"
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:05 pm

I appeared in the Amphitheater, bored.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:24 pm

" Full siblings." I say. " She can be mean and rude to some but better her than my step brother Ares and no he is not the go." I say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.   Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhythm and Rhyme. Poetry and Time.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: